General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Change of Sport Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-08-06 2:24 PM

Subject: Change of Sport
Hi all!
I am, you guessed it, a first time (beginner) triathlete!! I am competing in my first triathlon in September and I am excited and freaked out all at the same time!

I am a former athlete turned non-athlete due to a career ending injury. I have spent the last several years having surgeries and building my leg muscles back up. Its been a journey to say the least. I completed a Half marathon last year but due to the bad knee, I was barely allowed to do that and will not be allowed to do another (doctor,who happens to be my father-in-law, and husbands orders).

I have wanted to do a tri for a few years now but always had a reason to back out. But not this year!!!! I'm determined to do it and complete it!

I am also a new mom to a sibling set of 3 foster kids who we are in the process of adopting. We are hoping to sign them up for a kid tri in Feb!! How can I expect them to do one when I cant get through one?!?! So there is the motivation and here I am!!

Grateful to be here!

2015-08-10 11:13 AM
in reply to: erindesantis

User image

Champion
Subject: RE: Change of Sport

Welcome!  Is your first tri a sprint or an olympic?  How has the training been going?

2015-08-18 10:04 AM
in reply to: Ron

Subject: RE: Change of Sport
Thank you!! My first is a sprint. Training is fine, running is my strongest sport and I can do that without a problem. Biking is fine when I get a chance to go but the swimming is my fear!

Im searching for a Tri wetsuit at the moment and preparing for practice swims before the tri so I dont freak out. My husband wants me to just borrow a regular wetsuit rather than buy a tri wetsuit because he said if I hate it its a waste of money. I doubt ill hate it, but that is where I am!!

Excited and nervous as it is at the end of September and quickly approaching. My goal is to finish, no time goals this round. Just get past the swim without dying!
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Change of Sport Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Tragic Sports Writer Becomes Multi-Sport Athlete

Started by Bogdogs
Views: 1018 Posts: 3

2013-06-26 1:44 PM cgregg

New to the sport, any sport

Started by Angusbob
Views: 909 Posts: 2

2009-05-02 3:11 AM Chaderbox

Changing my life

Started by SleepingGiant
Views: 773 Posts: 10

2004-09-29 3:52 PM scuba-punk

Life Changing

Started by Sherolyn77
Views: 1180 Posts: 7

2003-11-13 9:10 AM Ron

Changing Lifestyle

Started by Sharkie
Views: 1728 Posts: 9

2003-09-12 5:14 AM clightle
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 20, 2012
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
Recurrent injuries to the groin are slow to heal, easily re-injured, and will frustrate your training and competition plans. Learn about the diagnosis, anatomy and treatment of sports hernias.

date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
Video of the six kick change swim drill.
date : November 5, 2008
author : FitWerx
What are the essential mechanical/maintenance skills that I as someone who rides a bike should learn how to do myself?

date : May 5, 2008
author : mrakes1
Did you flat training or racing on your tubular tire? This video will show you everything you need to do to change your tubular tire.
date : November 6, 2007
author : Ron
comments : 2
Don't know how to take that rear wheel off of your bike? Is the chain making things difficult? Learn how to remove your rear wheel if you have to change your bike tire or fix a flat.

date : April 17, 2005
author : Daniel Clout
comments : 5
I was humbled last year. My body shut down on me just before two World Championship events. I was originally in top form to medal in both, but my strength was sapped from me.
date : April 3, 2005
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The day that I decided to participate in a triathlon really changed my view of my own obstacles of matching the mind to the body and the spirit to contribute to society.

date : August 31, 2004
author : malvey
The journey begins in the brain. The brain, which energizes your attitude, is the most powerful factor in a lifestyle overhaul.