Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 8

2015-09-21 12:52 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland
Subject: RE: Republican debate

I realized why no one agrees with me in these debates.  I'm the only non-old person on here. Everyone is an old white male. 

and for the record THANKS ALOT for screwing everything up so much for us young whippersnappers.  Now let us fix it before the polar bears die and the government takes all our fun drugs away...........

2015-09-21 12:58 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Originally posted by tuwood

Caryl's business record exposed.  ouch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBTpbwtEMMk&feature=youtu.be&t=179

It's kind of what I've been saying about Trump, which is, if you're of the opinion that the US needs to be run like a business, fine. But then, why would you want a failed executive in that job? Wouldn't you want to bring someone in who's actually been successful at running a large, global business? I think there are too many people (and in that number, I count most Trump supporters, including you) who equate "rich" with "successful businessperson" Carly may be rich-- she certainly made out well for herself at HP, but her stewardship of that company was disasterous, by almost every account.

And, as much as she likes to try to blame the tech bubble, or the board of directors, or just about anyone who was nearby, most things that I've read about HP's collapse (there was a good article in Fortune from 2005 that I read recently) put the fault squarely on her. The thing you keep hearing about her is that she won't listen to anyone's advice but her own, but also won't accept responsibility for her poor decisions. Not a great quality to have in a chief executive, especially one with no experience in government.

I think that it's very telling that since she was fired from her job at HP that no one has hired her. If she was, as she claims, blameless in the matter and that her management of the company had been good, it's hard to believe that a woman who had been in charge of one of the premier American technology companies, had she been a trusted, competant executive, wouldn't have been snapped up by someone.
2015-09-21 2:48 PM
in reply to: jmk-brooklyn

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
ETA-- I should just qualify that I'm not really saying that Trump is a "failed executive"-- he, unlike Fiorina wasn't fired from his job because he's always been at the head of his own company. I'm just saying that he's not a finance wizard. So other than the fact that he's really rich, I don't see why people assume that he's got the financial acumen to fix the US economy.
2015-09-21 3:00 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

Originally posted by dmiller5

its the new gay rights......GET OVER IT ALREADY

Well people do love their marijuana.  hehe

Sidebar: Am I the only one who has noticed the fact that ever since marijuana has been legalized all over the country, that all of a sudden, there are, like, fifty different flavors of potato chips?

For the first 42 years of my life, you had plain, bbq, sour cream and onion, salt and vinegar, and, like three or four other varieties. Now, thanks to the explosion in the number of munchie-addled stoners all over the place, we've got bacon, mac& cheese, biscuits & gravy, buffalo chicken wing, New York Rueben, etc, and the list keeps growing.

2015-09-21 3:16 PM
in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Pro

I realized why no one agrees with me in these debates.  I'm the only non-old person on here. Everyone is an old white male. 

and for the record THANKS ALOT for screwing everything up so much for us young whippersnappers.  Now let us fix it before the polar bears die and the government takes all our fun drugs away...........

That's not it.

2015-09-21 7:41 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Left Brain

I remember I did....and when I retire I would like to again.

The true motives to your support...  haha

2015-09-21 7:43 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

yeah mannn, my son is like, so fast mannnnn, its like super rad duuddde. pass the cheetos

2015-09-21 7:49 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

yeah mannn, my son is like, so fast mannnnn, its like super rad duuddde. pass the cheetos

HA!

No....it'll be more like:

friend - "hey, where's your husband?"

wife - "see that little boat out there under that cloud of smoke......he's been out there for days and won't come in" 

Edited by Left Brain 2015-09-21 7:51 PM
2015-09-22 4:19 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

HA!

wife - "see that little boat out there under that cloud of smoke......he's been out there for days and won't come in" 

Neighbor: "So, what's LB been up to since he retired?"
Mrs. LB: "Oh, he mostly spends his time in the back yard, smoking."
Neighbor: "Wow-- that's great. Good for him. So, what's he smoking? Ribs? Brisket? Duck?"
2015-09-22 6:51 PM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn

HA!

Neighbor: "So, what's LB been up to since he retired?" Mrs. LB: "Oh, he mostly spends his time in the back yard, smoking." Neighbor: "Wow-- that's great. Good for him. So, what's he smoking? Ribs? Brisket? Duck?"

Mrs. LB - "Yeah, he does that a lot too......his whole life revolves around smoke these days. He built a big humidor.  It's full of cigars and bags of weed.  Our freezer is full of meat he is going to smoke.  If he's not on his boat he's always smoking something.  He doesn't talk much these days, he just smiles a lot."

Four years....mark it down!!! 

2015-09-23 10:56 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

Oh come now.  I'm not THAT much older than you.

2015-09-24 12:40 AM

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho

I'm Jeff and I APPROVE this message.

2015-09-30 3:21 PM
in reply to: jeffnboise

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Is it all over for Ted Cruz?

After a procedural vote didn't go his way on Monday, he pretty much lost his mind on the floor of the senate. He spent nearly an hour lecturing his fellow senators about how they've failed G-d (and, more importantly, failed Ted Cruz) and went so far as to accuse the leaders of the most obstructive Congress in history of being in league with Democrats and Obama.

His fellow GOP Senator (and presidential hopeful) Rand Paul had some pretty choice words for him:

"Ted has chosen to make this really personal and chosen to call people in leadership dishonest...and as a consequence, can't get anything done legislatively. He is pretty much done for and stifled and it's really because of personal relationships or lack of personal relationships, and it is a problem."

I hope he's through. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy, IMHO. Don't let the door hit you on the way out of the clown car, Ted.
2015-09-30 5:24 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn Is it all over for Ted Cruz? After a procedural vote didn't go his way on Monday, he pretty much lost his mind on the floor of the senate. He spent nearly an hour lecturing his fellow senators about how they've failed G-d (and, more importantly, failed Ted Cruz) and went so far as to accuse the leaders of the most obstructive Congress in history of being in league with Democrats and Obama. His fellow GOP Senator (and presidential hopeful) Rand Paul had some pretty choice words for him: "Ted has chosen to make this really personal and chosen to call people in leadership dishonest...and as a consequence, can't get anything done legislatively. He is pretty much done for and stifled and it's really because of personal relationships or lack of personal relationships, and it is a problem." I hope he's through. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy, IMHO. Don't let the door hit you on the way out of the clown car, Ted.

His behavior in the Senate has been interesting.  The stuff he does is pretty commonplace in the House but the Senate has always "held itself to a higher standard".  Purely from a conservative standpoint the Senate Republicans have been a dismal failure and done nothing more than rubber stamp Obama's agenda.  So, this will likely play well with the conservative base that really likes Cruz, but for the masses as a whole I agree that it won't play very well.

I've been trying to figure out his whole campaign strategy because he's been extra chummy with Trump.  There's been a lot of speculation that he's already been selected as Trump's VP if he wins the Primary.

So, I don't think he's anywhere close to being through.  I think this will actually help him in the conservative edges of the Republican Party.

2015-10-13 9:42 AM

User image

Pro

I have made it clear that I would never vote for Hillary Clinton because she has fat ankles.  I know it's shallow, I don't care.  

In the interst of fairness, I could never vote for Christie either.....although until now I couldn't really articulate the "fat ankle" reason, or a facsimile that caused me to feel that way.  I now have visible proof of why Christie is also a non-starter for me.

I warn you.......and I am going to drop it down so you have to scroll to see this, or not....they're your eyes and your choice.......what has been seen cannot be unseen!!!!

Edited by Left Brain 2015-10-13 9:44 AM

(christy.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
christy.jpg (79KB - 5 downloads)
2015-10-13 10:07 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

I didn't know you were such a fasionista LB, I know he wore white after labor day, but sheesh!

2015-10-13 10:24 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

lol LB, you're so shallow.

2015-10-29 9:02 AM

User image

No one watched?

In my opinion, Rubio, Cristie, and iCarly won with Cristie having his best performance of the three debates. Republicans might want to think about starting to forgive him.

Bush needs to leave now and take Kasich with him. Bush's failure as a candidate was very evident with that fumbled Fantasy Football softball question which Christie hit out of the park. Though Kasich might be a decent VP choice if he wasn't so bitter. I think Rand Paul must of left halfway through to rip bong hits.

The moderators were horrible and completely lost control of the debate...they were the big losers. It baffles me that a "business" network would employ people for an "economic policy" debate that can't comprehend that an economy can be vibrant, dynamic, and beneficial to all without constant government intervention or some new government program.

Edited by Jackemy1 2015-10-29 9:05 AM
2015-10-29 9:07 AM
in reply to: Jackemy1

User image

Champion
Chicago, Illinois
Nope I missed it. I tried but my son was still up and he can not sleep if he sees trump. He gets too excited.
2015-10-29 9:12 AM
in reply to: chirunner134

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

I tired to watch but it was causing me physical pain

2015-10-29 11:22 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

I tired to watch but it was causing me physical pain

Because you didn't realize how much you agree with them?  hehe

2015-10-29 11:23 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

THE BS LEVEL, ITS OVER 9000!!!!

2015-10-29 11:34 AM
in reply to: Jackemy1

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Jackemy1 No one watched? In my opinion, Rubio, Cristie, and iCarly won with Cristie having his best performance of the three debates. Republicans might want to think about starting to forgive him. Bush needs to leave now and take Kasich with him. Bush's failure as a candidate was very evident with that fumbled Fantasy Football softball question which Christie hit out of the park. Though Kasich might be a decent VP choice if he wasn't so bitter. I think Rand Paul must of left halfway through to rip bong hits. The moderators were horrible and completely lost control of the debate...they were the big losers. It baffles me that a "business" network would employ people for an "economic policy" debate that can't comprehend that an economy can be vibrant, dynamic, and beneficial to all without constant government intervention or some new government program.

Rubio did well, but he'll never get any traction in this political climate.  iCarly did well, but she had her moment in the spotlight and everyone realized they don't like her (including myself).  I would pay money to see her debate Hillary though.  
Christie did well, but similar to Rubio he's just way too far gone in this climate IMHO.

I think the big story of the night is how poorly Carson did.  He came in with a supposed lead in Iowa (still don't get that), but fell pretty flat.  Pretty much all of the conservative blogs were not very positive.  I saw several online (non-scientific polls) that had him near last place so I'm curious how that plays into the upcoming polls.  I suspect it will help Cruz the most if he starts falling.

Trump did well enough to the point that I didn't see any of his support dropping.  I still don't see anyone toppling Trump at this point unless he does something really whacky

2015-11-03 10:36 AM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
I didn't watch the last debate, but were the questions really that terrible? It seems like the GOP is taking the "I'm going to take my ball and go home" approach to future debates, and, IMO, they're coming off as petulant and oversensitive.

Obama was mocking the GOP candidates last night, saying, "They're all saying 'Obama's weak' and 'Putin's kicking sand in his face' and 'When I'm president, I'm not going to take any crap from Putin and I'll put him in his place', but they can't even handle some tough questions from journalists in a debate? How do they expect to handle being president?" It's not a bad point...

Trump as much as said the same thing. He said he didn't mind the questions and that if you want to be POTUS, you have to be able to handle the tough questions.

I dunno. With each passing debate, I'm getting more and more convinced that Trump is not only the most likely GOP candidate, but is the best prepared to lead, if not the best qualified. If I were a Republican, that would terrify me, but I don't see anyone derailing that train anymore. Jeb is probably done unless this "re-boot" of his campaign can somehow work a miracle. Fiorina and Carson seem to be sinking, Rubio clearly doesn't have the chops to be POTUS, Cruz, Paul, and Huckabee are too far out there. Kasisch is a non-factor.
2015-11-03 10:52 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn I didn't watch the last debate, but were the questions really that terrible? It seems like the GOP is taking the "I'm going to take my ball and go home" approach to future debates, and, IMO, they're coming off as petulant and oversensitive. Obama was mocking the GOP candidates last night, saying, "They're all saying 'Obama's weak' and 'Putin's kicking sand in his face' and 'When I'm president, I'm not going to take any crap from Putin and I'll put him in his place', but they can't even handle some tough questions from journalists in a debate? How do they expect to handle being president?" It's not a bad point... Trump as much as said the same thing. He said he didn't mind the questions and that if you want to be POTUS, you have to be able to handle the tough questions. I dunno. With each passing debate, I'm getting more and more convinced that Trump is not only the most likely GOP candidate, but is the best prepared to lead, if not the best qualified. If I were a Republican, that would terrify me, but I don't see anyone derailing that train anymore. Jeb is probably done unless this "re-boot" of his campaign can somehow work a miracle. Fiorina and Carson seem to be sinking, Rubio clearly doesn't have the chops to be POTUS, Cruz, Paul, and Huckabee are too far out there. Kasisch is a non-factor.

I think most of the questions were tough, but fair questions.  The ones that really got out of line were questions like "Donald Trump, are you a comic book villain?"  and there was a fair amount of quoting things that one person said towards another and trying to force the other candidate to respond to the attack.  The debate was billeted as an economic debate to talk about economic issues (CNBC), but there were many times where the moderators were simply trying to get the candidates to fight.
Either way, the way they went about it helped the candidates tremendously because one of their big arguments has been that the press is out to get conservatives. In this particular venue they were able to quite successfully point the finger directly at them when caught in the act.
As for Obama's, I think his point is valid if everyone running is getting tough questions, but when you have the media outwardly rooting for one side and only asking tough questions to the candidates they don't like it becomes a concern.  Remember, the press isn't there to be a cheerleader for the DNC, it's meant to be an accountability mechanism that's equal and balanced for all.

As for the race overall I feel it's all but a lock for Trump and I couldn't be happier about it.  Jeb is completely toast and has zero chance, iCarly is toast, Rubio is the flavor of the month, but he's not going anywhere either.

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Republican debate Rss Feed  

of 8

RELATED POSTS

The whole homosexuality debate Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5

Started by dmiller5
Views: 9125 Posts: 123

2016-04-18 11:06 AM tuwood

Republicans are LOSING! Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6

Started by jeffnboise
Views: 10384 Posts: 139

2013-11-25 10:28 AM jeffnboise