General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Late starter! Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-08-16 8:31 AM

Subject: Late starter!
Decided a few weeks ago I wanted to start tris. Bought a bike and entered a HIM (how hard could it be right?!)

well I just finished in 6:24. First triathlon ever!!! So with zero preparation or fitness! I broke my wrist too and cast only came off last week!
Previous bike experience, a 6k ride down to the shops...
Previous distance running 10k about 2 months ago
It was tough
Swim okay 40m (wrist a bit achy)
Bike a total nightmare 3:35
Run was always going to be tough 2:10

Today I'm sore I'll admit, but I reckon if I work on the bike, things should be much easier...felt like someone was pelting my quads with cannonballs on the run following ride. It was a very new experience for me!
I can't say I "enjoyed" it, but I think its a great experience, but here's to preparing for the next time!

2015-08-16 11:38 PM
in reply to: Francois

User image

Portland, Oregon
Subject: RE: Late starter!
Well, if that's what you can do on little to no training, you should be pretty competitive if you follow a good plan!
2015-08-17 1:40 PM

"Well I just finished in 6:24. First triathlon ever!!! So with zero preparation or fitness! I broke my wrist too and cast only came off last week!
Previous bike experience, a 6k ride down to the shops...
Previous distance running 10k about 2 months ago
It was tough
Swim okay 40m (wrist a bit achy)
Bike a total nightmare 3:35
Run was always going to be tough 2:10"

I apologize, but I just can't believe this. Just took the cast off of a broken wrist, and almost no training, yet a time that would place in the upper 60% of most HIMs? Sorry - I'm calling BS.

If what you say is accurate - than you are blessed with DNA, and natural talent reserved for Olympic athletes. I suggest you get to serious training and take advantage of the gifts you've been given.
2015-09-08 12:35 AM

User image

I'm looking for HIM event, which one did you complete?
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Late starter! Rss Feed