General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » Computrainer Pro for sale - SoCal strongly preferred Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-08-21 10:28 AM

Subject: Computrainer Pro for sale - SoCal strongly preferred
Computrainer Pro (circa 2008) with the standard accessories for sale. I bought this trainer in 2008 and used it a decent amount for 3 years. I've only used it a few times since 2011. See below for what's included and some notes.

I'm in LA and would strongly prefer to sell this to someone local so I don't have to find boxes and pack it up and so that the buyer doesn't have to pay shipping, which I'm guessing will be pretty expensive ($100?, more?)

$600 + actual packing and shipping costs if you're outside of reasonable driving distance from Los Angeles.

What's included:
Bike stand + load generator
Power supply + cord
Head/controller unit and connection wires + mount to attach it to something
Wired cadence monitor - rarely used this, I think it works, but can't 100% promise
Wireless heart rate sensor and old style (stiff) heart rate strap - never used so I can't promise it works
Front wheel block/riser
Original software CDs from 2007
Original manuals

A couple notes:
1) I've heard there are some issues with transferring the software. I did load it on my computer years ago and I'm not sure if that will stop you from loading it onto yours. Also, since the software and disks are from 2007, I have no idea if they're compatible with current operating systems. I think that you can license newer software from Racermate and I imagine it would be compatible with this trainer, but if that's important to you, please look into it before purchasing.
2) As you can see in one of the attached photos, there is some rust and paint wear on one area of the bike stand. It's hard to see just looking at the stand because it's sort of between the base and the upright part, but it's there. This obviously has no effect on the use of the trainer.
3) A little bit of the plastic covering the AC adapter cord has split. See picture below. Again, no effect on performance.
4) I believe that Racermate has a good warranty, but I don't know if that will transfer to you and I don't have the original receipt. These things are built solid and supposedly last a long time. But I can't offer a warranty other than that the load generator and head controller and cords all work when you get it.

(IMG_2467.JPG)

(IMG_2468.JPG)

(IMG_2469.JPG)

(IMG_2470.JPG)

(IMG_1494.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
IMG_2467.JPG (1619KB - 9 downloads)
IMG_2468.JPG (1338KB - 12 downloads)
IMG_2469.JPG (1416KB - 7 downloads)
IMG_2470.JPG (1193KB - 14 downloads)
IMG_1494.JPG (1949KB - 11 downloads)
Sell Gear
General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » Computrainer Pro for sale - SoCal strongly preferred Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Cervelo 2007 P2SL 48cm- SoCal Preferred

Started by damnilocano
Views: 1226 Posts: 2

2012-06-06 4:41 PM manbearpig

Motobecane Century Pro - $300 OBO- SoCal

Started by damnilocano
Views: 1474 Posts: 1

2010-05-27 9:56 AM damnilocano

Computrainer Pro For Sale

Started by FIN16
Views: 3528 Posts: 4

2008-01-23 12:09 PM FIN16

WTB: Computrainer Pro

Started by tehtoo
Views: 866 Posts: 2

2008-01-03 3:02 PM oipolloi

2006 CompuTrainer Pro 3D with the works

Started by yojimbo
Views: 1029 Posts: 3

2007-04-28 11:14 AM yojimbo
RELATED ARTICLES
date : July 2, 2013
author : mikericci
comments : 0
Although a computrainer can be a great asset to any athlete, it’s not the only way to improve your pedal stroke. I’ll list a number of pedaling drills below and how you can incorporate them.

date : March 17, 2011
author : Kyle Pawlaczyk
comments : 5
Being a pro triathlete is even more boring than you might have thought
date : February 10, 2011
The backstory of becoming a pro, joining a team and working with sponsors

date : January 14, 2011
comments : 2
Going for broke in a race, as a pro or an amateur, can mean failure or exhilaration -- or both.
date : July 11, 2007
author : Amy Kuitse
Discussions on training after adductor tendonitis, swimming drills, training after 3 down base weeks from allergies to get ready for a HIM, hill drills, Computrainer courses vs outside rides and more.

date : March 7, 2007
author : KevinKonczak
Our regular USAT coach chat with lots of tips including discussions on Computrainers, bike fitting and position, triathlon and marathon training, Tim DeBoom lunges and nutrition.