General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Just getting started Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-08-23 6:23 PM

Subject: Just getting started
Hi, I'm Kevin. I'm 36 with a wife and 3 kids. I am an electrician by trade turned real estate agent and trainer. I was very athletic growing up, playing football and ice hockey with a little bit of track and field. For the past 19 years I have done very little training with the exception of weight lifting on and off. I started running this March about 3 days a week and can comfortably run 6-7 miles at a 10 minute pace, with a 8.5 minute pace for 3 miles. I started swimming on a regular basis 3 weeks ago. I swim 3-4 days per week, but my technique need a lot of work. I just joined my local developmental Master's swimming class yesterday and feel like it is going to be a big help.

In 2016 I plan on running my first HM in March and would like to do an Olympic Tri in May. The HM is a definite. I dont think I will have any problem getting the distance. I am not sure if I will be ready for the Tri or not. Most people say to do a couple of Sprints first. I am here to learn everything about the sport. I am very competitive and feel that running and tri's are going to be a part of my life for years to come.

2015-08-23 7:14 PM
in reply to: kpcarroll78`

User image

Edmond, Oklahoma
Subject: RE: Just getting started
Welcome to the group. You can pick up a lot of good info on the site. Good luck and enjoy your upcoming events. Let us know how they go!
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Just getting started Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

some random product/getting started questions

Started by drrebecca
Views: 1262 Posts: 10

2004-03-29 10:56 PM Michael

Getting started

Started by Crash_Man
Views: 971 Posts: 11

2004-03-21 10:35 PM Michael

Just getting started.

Started by sojourner
Views: 1440 Posts: 12

2004-03-10 7:55 AM Lara

Getting Started in Texas

Started by Tiger Phil
Views: 1062 Posts: 8

2004-02-02 8:48 AM cameronw

just getting started

Started by souldigger
Views: 1150 Posts: 3

2003-10-22 8:53 AM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 24, 2013
author : Jerrykyc
comments : 2
This article discusses how to overcome your fears into getting started in triathlon.

date : July 30, 2012
author : jamesjbettis
comments : 4
Because triathlon can become a lifestyle, it can also become very complicated. But, it doesn’t have to.
date : September 10, 2009
author : Amy Kuitse
comments : 6
Should I be working on getting faster at running by doing the longer distances and working up slowly over time or run faster for shorter distances now?

date : July 8, 2008
author : amyro1234
comments : 0
Ever since I was 11 years old and first heard the word "triathlon" mentioned, I have made it my vow to do one. But what 11 year old does triathlons?”
date : August 22, 2006
author : Team BT
Vytra TOBAY Triathlon swim start provided by jpcan.

date : June 21, 2006
author : Ron
These ladies are impressive. This video will show you what you will have to look forward to at a wave start.
date : July 17, 2005
author : Michael
Why is it so hard to start over after an extended leave from the sport. When it comes to training we can't live in our glory days!

date : February 28, 2005
author : rautorino
Does it matter how fast you go? Does it matter if you win? No. It only matters that you tri your best and smile when you cross the finish line.