Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Fear the walking dead Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2015-08-25 6:16 PM

User image

Pro
Tejas
Subject: Fear the walking dead
Anyone watch it? I just watched the pilot and thought it was pretty good. Pretty slow in the middle, but it finally got going in the last few minutes of the episode. I'll definitely watch next week to see what develops.

2015-08-25 7:03 PM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Deep in the Heart of Texas
Subject: RE: Fear the walking dead

I liked it.  I look forward to watching as the peeps in LA try to figure out what's going on and where its going.  It looks like crackpots and crackheads before the zombie apocalypse are the ones who'll best prepared to recognize and deal with it.

2015-08-25 8:17 PM
in reply to: Hook'em

User image

Veteran
Stevens Point, Wisconsin

I watched the first 60 minutes.... I thought it was only a hour long.  It ended like a 60 minute show would at that mark and I just assumed the commercial break was the end of it.  I feel like a doofus! 

Besides that I liked it.  It's an interesting twist.  I'm curious to see where it goes. 

2015-08-27 10:59 AM
in reply to: Justin86

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

I'm on board and enjoyed the first episode.  Based on the previews for next week it looks like it gets intense pretty quick, so I'm really curious to see how the development goes.

2015-08-27 1:46 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Champion
Chicago, Illinois
yeah it was not bad but definitely not the same feel as the original show. I just hope attempt does not kill the main show.

What I am curious about are they already infected or is that yet to some.
2015-08-27 1:53 PM
in reply to: chirunner134

User image

Deep in the Heart of Texas

Originally posted by chirunner134 yeah it was not bad but definitely not the same feel as the original show. I just hope attempt does not kill the main show. What I am curious about are they already infected or is that yet to some.

Since the drug dealer turned without being bitten, I assume they or at least some are already infected.  I'm interested to learn about all of the missing kids - vanishing in thin air has never been a theme in TWDead.

2015-08-29 6:50 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Never watched it, but since you guys are fans.....

A barista dude at the local coffee shop tells me I'm a dead ringer for one of the characters in this show, but he can't remember her name. Who do I look like, and am I a zombie? Or was I just doing that brick workout a bit too hard?? ETA I'm the one in the avatar pic who's not Macca.

Edited by Hot Runner 2015-08-29 6:51 PM
2015-08-30 7:07 AM
in reply to: Hot Runner

User image

Pro
Tejas
Originally posted by Hot Runner

A barista dude at the local coffee shop tells me I'm a dead ringer for one of the characters in this show, but he can't remember her name. Who do I look like, and am I a zombie? Or was I just doing that brick workout a bit too hard?? ETA I'm the one in the avatar pic who's not Macca.

Ask him if it's Maggie or Carol. Im thinking more Maggie, but with some gray highlights.... Carol! All three are hawt!
2015-08-30 7:29 AM

User image

Expert
Oklahoma

You kind of resemble Carol in my opinion.
2015-08-30 7:50 AM
in reply to: EKH

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Hmm...not far from my real-world name. (He knows it as they yell it when your order is ready.) No wonder it brought that to mind. So is she a zombie??
2015-08-30 9:21 AM

User image

Expert
Oklahoma

Hmm...not far from my real-world name. (He knows it as they yell it when your order is ready.) No wonder it brought that to mind. So is she a zombie??

No she is a survivor. She is a take no crap bad arse! Maybe a little bit on the disturbed side though!

2015-08-30 11:11 AM
in reply to: Hook'em

User image

Across the river from Memphis, Tennessee
Originally posted by Hook'em

Originally posted by chirunner134 yeah it was not bad but definitely not the same feel as the original show. I just hope attempt does not kill the main show. What I am curious about are they already infected or is that yet to some.

Since the drug dealer turned without being bitten, I assume they or at least some are already infected.  I'm interested to learn about all of the missing kids - vanishing in thin air has never been a theme in TWDead.

I'm not usually nit-picky about details, but this one got me... There were no spontaneous reanimations until Sean (Shawn? Shaun? Seaun?) killed that guy from the other group, and then of course he turned after taking a knife to the gut. Time-wise, that was a good bit past the initial outbreak which is what FTWD is dealing with...

Along the same line, yet off topic... I was watching Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning yesterday. When they activated "The Plumber", he went out to his truck to take off, you can see exhaust coming from the tailpipe, yet he gets in and starts it up before taking off... hehehe
2015-08-31 8:08 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Good to know I'm not a zombie and am a bad a$$ and possibly hot. As for disturbed, not going to dispute that--someone who spends much of her leisure time doing endurance sports in a tropical climate is probably a bit on the disturbed side. (Mad dogs and Englishmen and all that.) Would be worse off if I had to contend with zombies, though. (Most days, my students aren't THAT difficult!)

Edited by Hot Runner 2015-08-31 8:10 AM
2015-09-14 8:52 AM

User image

Expert
Illinois
Did anyone else catch Episode 3 last night? Not sure what I think of this series. What's with the National Guard crawling all over the subdivision?
2015-09-14 9:42 AM
in reply to: abake

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by abake Did anyone else catch Episode 3 last night? Not sure what I think of this series. What's with the National Guard crawling all over the subdivision?

I watched it, I'm enjoying it but it's so early I haven't figured out where they're going yet or even who all the "main" characters are yet.

The drug addict kid kind of annoys me, so I can see him turning into an even more annoying "Carl" type character.
They're definitely building up a love triangle with the ex-wife and new-wife (or is it just his girlfriend), so I'm sure there's a few twists and turns to come with that.
I kind of enjoy the battle between morally killing a walker versus leaving them alone (in case there's a cure).
The Hispanic dude has obviously gone through a world of stuff in his previous life, so I think he's going to be a real bad arse.
The most confusing thing for me was trying to figure out the whole neighbor's house.  They look out the window and see the house, but have to go through a mile long maze to get to the house?  Then after driving a block away from their house they see her husband pulling into the driveway?  That's some freaky stuff right there.  lol
The National Guard was a little weird too.  I'm not sure if they're still friendly helpers at this point or if they're going to turn into a marshal law oppressive force that our characters try to escape from through the season.

2015-09-14 9:58 AM

User image

Expert
Illinois
Yes, the drug addict kid is irritating -- I have a feeling his quest to find drugs is going to expose the group to a lot of unnecessary risks.

The ex-wife is just really nasty and hateful -- did Travis leave her for the new wife/girlfriend?

Yes very strange about the maze --- and the whole sneaking in through the back door. I guess I should watch that part again. How did the neighbor get into their house (when he was killing their dog?). Did they leave a door open somewhere?

I do think that Alicia, as snotty and irritating as she has been so far, is beginning to get it.

The power going on and off was effective and creepy.

2015-09-14 10:06 AM
in reply to: abake

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by abake How did the neighbor get into their house (when he was killing their dog?). Did they leave a door open somewhere?  

There was the scene where there was a noise at the door and they pulled the curtain back to reveal the big dog outside the door.  They opened the sliding door and let him in.  With typical TV logic they left the sliding door open as they were distracted by the blood on the dog.
I think that's when they decided to begin their quest to the neighbors house to get the shotgun and from the neighbors window they were able to clearly see the dude kill the dog (which so nicely sat quietly by the open sliding door the whole time they were gone)
They were going to camp out at the house, but they saw the pickup truck return (which tells me they were across the street) but then had to run through the maze again to get to their house in time to blow the dog eaters head off.

just re-thinking that whole scene makes me laugh even more about it.  Even from a walking dead standpoint it was pretty absurd.

2015-09-14 12:34 PM

User image

Expert
Illinois
Originally posted by tuwood

Originally posted by abake How did the neighbor get into their house (when he was killing their dog?). Did they leave a door open somewhere?  

There was the scene where there was a noise at the door and they pulled the curtain back to reveal the big dog outside the door.  They opened the sliding door and let him in.  With typical TV logic they left the sliding door open as they were distracted by the blood on the dog.
I think that's when they decided to begin their quest to the neighbors house to get the shotgun and from the neighbors window they were able to clearly see the dude kill the dog (which so nicely sat quietly by the open sliding door the whole time they were gone)
They were going to camp out at the house, but they saw the pickup truck return (which tells me they were across the street) but then had to run through the maze again to get to their house in time to blow the dog eaters head off.

just re-thinking that whole scene makes me laugh even more about it.  Even from a walking dead standpoint it was pretty absurd.

LOL, I'm definitely going to have to watch that part again!
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Fear the walking dead Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Walking Dead - Season 3

Started by jcnipper
Views: 1478 Posts: 6

2012-07-15 11:02 PM tuwood

Walking Dead Season III [Spoilers]

Started by jsklarz
Views: 1327 Posts: 10

2012-02-16 6:32 AM jarvy01

WALKING DEAD RISE OF THE GOVERNOR

Started by psycofish
Views: 1145 Posts: 12

2012-01-11 1:47 PM Big Appa

The Walking Dead - Season II Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13

Started by hrliles
Views: 22246 Posts: 319

2012-04-03 3:41 PM jgaither

The Walking Dead Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9

Started by nighthawk
Views: 12278 Posts: 203

2010-12-28 10:02 AM gearboy
RELATED ARTICLES
date : July 14, 2014
author : raceelpaso
comments : 1
“I didn’t have a clue. I didn’t know how to swim, I would be dying after running a mile, I didn’t have any coordination or endurance; every time we trained, I was the last one.”

date : March 12, 2014
author : TeamMPI
The majority of new triathletes see the open water swim as their biggest stumbling block. Here are four steps to help you have a better swim experience in your first (or next) triathlon.
date : September 23, 2013
author : Jerrykyc
comments : 2
The cause of the sleeplessness could be anxiety to get out and compete but more often than not the inability to sleep is a fear of what might happen, of what might go bump out on the race course.

date : June 7, 2013
comments : 0
Like the fear of being foolish, the fear of failure is very common. The first step in overcoming the fear of failure is to define it. Once defined the steps to overcome it are not difficult.
date : April 24, 2013
comments : 2
This article discusses how to overcome your fears into getting started in triathlon.

date : October 4, 2006
author : dleii
At some point I remember thinking about the movie CAPE FEAR. This is what it seemed like when I was around a lot of people. It was just a lot of commotion of waves, arms and feet.
date : March 5, 2006
author : Ingrid Loos
Good memories are crucial to your success in the water. Trying to swim laps before you are comfortable in the water is likely to reinforce your anxiety, so avoid the white-knuckle approach.

date : January 10, 2005
author : ewkfit
My training was taking off. I had never felt stronger. I was making bigger strides than I ever had. I was stronger and faster than I had imagined myself ever being.