General Discussion Race Reports! » St Peters Rec Plex Spring Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

St Peters Rec Plex Spring Triathlon - Triathlon

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
St Peters, Missouri
United States
Total Time = 1h 22m 31s
Overall Rank = 39/239
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 10/29
Swim
  • 07m 41s
  • 400 meters
  • 01m 55s / 100 meters
Comments:

Felt really good on the swim, but perhaps took it a bit too conservatively. Easy breathing on both sides and the speed felt good. Been working in training on developing a longer reach, and this seemed
What would you do differently?:

I think it is time to put the caution of swimming behind me and attack it in the same way that I do my running. The speed is coming along, I just have to trust myself and push it. Holding back at a 2:00 pace seems to slow now. In that regard, I finished the swim strong but felt disappointed with the final result.
Transition 1
  • 02m 2s
Comments:

Been loafing in transitions of late, so I think I have gotten a little lazy. Pushed this one a bit, and was quicker than i have been this year, but still too slow. Next week at NEMO I will have a plan for transition and improve on my time. T1 and T2 practice will also be a focus next spring. No more 'easy' transitions.
Bike
  • 48m 2s
  • 16 miles
  • 19.99 mile/hr
Comments:

Went as strong as I could on the bike, and my bike times have shown improvement. Heavy training this winter getting ready for Ironman helped.
Transition 2
  • 01m 23s
Comments:

See comments T1
Run
  • 23m 20s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 07m 32s  min/mile
Comments:

The run turned out to be shortened due to construction so I could have picked up the pace just a touch--didn't realize it would be that short. But the pace was pretty standard for my 5k triathlon time. Would really like to see that number closer to 21 minutes, espeically with such a relatively flat bike course.
Post race
Event comments:

This was a rescheduled race from the rained out early spring event. The swim is a serpentine pool swim in a 50 yard pool--swimmers entering every ten seconds. With a relatively large entry, it can take a wile to get going, especially if you register late. But the crowd is typically friendly and passing the time before the start in enjoyable. The bike course is flat, expect for one big downhill and then subsequent uphill at the beginning and end of the race. But other than that, it is a flat short bike, well primed for PRs. The run has a couple of very small hills, but it winds though the woods on a concrete path. Very pleasant run with lots of shade. You do cross three narrow bridges, which can be a little tricky since it is an out and back course, but as long as you pay attention, no worries.

Last updated: 2015-08-30 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:07:41 | 400 meters | 01m 55s / 100meters
Age Group: 0/29
Overall: 0/239
Performance:
Suit:
Course: This was a pool swim.
Start type: Inside Pool Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 02:02
Performance: Average
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:48:02 | 16 miles | 19.99 mile/hr
Overall: 59/239
Performance: Average
Wind:
Course: Pretty flat with one big hill at the end.
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 01:23
Overall: Average
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:23:20 | 03.1 miles | 07m 32s  min/mile
Overall: 0/239
Performance: Good
Course: Short rolling hills along wooded path.
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2015-08-30 8:18 PM

User image

Subject: St Peters Rec Plex Spring Triathlon
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » St Peters Rec Plex Spring Triathlon Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

St. Peters REC-PLEX Spring Triathlon

Started by mswole
Views: 1277 Posts: 1

2007-06-18 10:19 AM mswole

Started by Frank in St. Louis
Views: 1842 Posts: 6

2006-06-21 3:40 PM Frank in St. Louis

Started by Ktriathlete
Views: 2110 Posts: 6

2006-06-20 4:03 PM Frank in St. Louis

Started by getsome
Views: 2070 Posts: 9

2006-06-22 10:16 AM katieyows

Started by slovegreen
Views: 1995 Posts: 7

2006-06-21 2:04 AM shrano
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 15, 2008
author : MLT1
comments : 4
The triathletes really inspired me. I watched them in awe as childlike thoughts went through my head like, "I want to do that!" But then reality set in. “Who are you kidding?

date : January 1, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 1
I’ve signed up to do the St. Anthony’s Olympic Triathlon in April. I will be 49 in May and need some advice on a good training program to fit into my full time work schedule.
date : April 17, 2005
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
Training in the cold can be effective and fun with some planning. Overall, prepare for the environment, stay hydrated and dry, listen to your body and have a great safe cold weather outing.