General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Looking for new shoes! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-08-31 5:07 AM

User image

Newport, North Carolina
Subject: Looking for new shoes!
So I just started running about 6 months ago and just finished my first sprint triathlon earlier this month. I've been using Nike Free Trainer 3.0's for all of my running and I think it's about time for some actual running shoes. ( http://www.amazon.com/Nike-Mens-Free-Trainer-Traning/dp/B00JJ334GQ black/university blue)

Does anyone have a suggestion for running shoes that might be similar or better than the ones I have been using?

Thanks, Brian

2015-09-05 9:42 PM
in reply to: #5137722

Subject: RE: Looking for new shoes!
I wear a similar shoe, the Nike Mens Zoom Winflo Running Shoes And I like them. I have a normal foot, size 10.5, no problems with arch, etc. However, if you're getting serious about running I would highly recommend going to your local running shop (not just a sporting goods store) and let them measure your feet and arch, etc, etc... They'll typically want you to run on a treadmill in the shop so they can analyze your stride, strike, etc. Let them recommend the right shoe. The shoe might cost a little more from them, but they'll do the foot analysis gratis. Hope this helps. Good luck!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Looking for new shoes! Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Shoes, shoes, shoes

Started by trinewbie67
Views: 1336 Posts: 4

2010-04-23 1:30 PM mrcurtain

Looking for sizw 49 tri-specific cycle shoes

Started by x_caliber50
Views: 917 Posts: 4

2008-05-15 2:41 PM x_caliber50

Triathlon Shoes....what to look for?

Started by lgabbs
Views: 3622 Posts: 16

2008-05-16 8:39 AM wurkit_gurl

Boston Marathon: Old Shoes / New Shoes?

Started by TheMaz
Views: 857 Posts: 5

2008-04-09 3:52 AM OrbeaMan

If anyone is looking for Tri Shoes...

Started by cdf26.2
Views: 833 Posts: 4

2004-11-11 4:51 PM Steve-
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 5, 2013
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
So, since my beloved go-to shoe brand has changed its shoe, after reading the bruhaha about the minimalist shoe, I decided to give it a try. Now I have a foot issue with my arch area.

date : May 2, 2012
author : alicefoeller
comments : 3
A comprehensive look at a controversial trend-- for triathletes like you
date : January 1, 2011
author : alicefoeller
Here are five steps to ensure that you keep your promise to yourself to get you to that first triathlon.

date : April 22, 2009
comments : 1
I got a new pair of the same size / brand of shoes and started running on them. On my left foot, the toe next to the big toe starts to get a little painful and goes numb after the first 1-3 miles.
date : February 17, 2009
author : Amy Kuitse
comments : 13
I have pedals with the cage and when I ride 2+ hours my legs feel much more tired then if I took out my husband's bike with clipless pedals. Do clipless pedals truly make the difference?

date : March 6, 2008
author : scubachic9999
comments : 4
Already a cyclist and not a bad swimmer, I figured all I had to do was build up to running a few miles and I’d be ready to go. The challenge invigorated me, and I ran out to buy new running shoes.
date : July 30, 2006
I started riding this spring with the Carnac shoes on Look pedals (with plenty of float). About five minutes into a ride I get sharp pain on the outer edge of my feet, just behind the pedal.

date : September 2, 2004
author : chrisandniki
2004 Product reviews for stability shoes for neutral foot types