Other Resources My Cup of Joe » A Buckeye Repeat Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2015-09-01 4:12 PM

User image

Veteran
Columbus, Ohio
Subject: A Buckeye Repeat
As a Buckeye fan life is pretty darn good right now. A NC under our belt and a boatload of talent returning. Also means everyone will be gunning for them which will make it harder to repeat. I see them making the playoffs, but repeating is going to be tough. Should be another fun year as a Buckeye fan.

2015-09-02 8:58 AM
in reply to: jacasa

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
Subject: RE: A Buckeye Repeat

Originally posted by jacasa As a Buckeye fan life is pretty darn good right now. A NC under our belt and a boatload of talent returning. Also means everyone will be gunning for them which will make it harder to repeat. I see them making the playoffs, but repeating is going to be tough. Should be another fun year as a Buckeye fan.

I absolutely loved watching OSU represent the B1G last season and OMG what a story on Cardale Jones.  I can't wait for the movie.  

I think the B1G is still very strong with obviously OSU leading the charge.  Of course I'd love to say Nebraska is going to be in the playoff mix, but that might be a stretch.  There is certainly a viable path for the Huskers to get into the B1G championship game, but we really don't quite know what we've got with Riley.  He's starting to get some stronger recruits, so we're likely a 2 or 3 years away from serious contention IMHO.

So, lets hope for a Huskers/Buckeyes B1G champ game.  

2015-09-05 8:26 AM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Veteran
Columbus, Ohio
Penn State seems to be on their way back and hopefully Nebraska and That Team Up North can get back to their glory days. I think Wiscy is on the decline. Right now the Buckeyes and MSU are carrying the torch, but better days ahead!
2015-09-08 4:57 PM

User image

Master
San Antone, Texas
Originally posted by jacasa

Penn State seems to be on their way back and hopefully Nebraska and That Team Up North can get back to their glory days. I think Wiscy is on the decline. Right now the Buckeyes and MSU are carrying the torch, but better days ahead!

ummm.. whats that about Penn State? *cough*Temple*cough*

Even this Wolverine can appreciate the talent the Buckeyes have. Although I'll always make fun of the Cardale Jones's famous tweet "We ain't come to play SCHOOL classes are POINTLESS"... that's just priceless.

I'm looking forward to Nov 28, and the last Saturday in November for many years to come.
2015-09-09 11:32 AM
in reply to: djastroman

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by djastroman
Originally posted by jacasa Penn State seems to be on their way back and hopefully Nebraska and That Team Up North can get back to their glory days. I think Wiscy is on the decline. Right now the Buckeyes and MSU are carrying the torch, but better days ahead!
ummm.. whats that about Penn State? *cough*Temple*cough* Even this Wolverine can appreciate the talent the Buckeyes have. Although I'll always make fun of the Cardale Jones's famous tweet "We ain't come to play SCHOOL classes are POINTLESS"... that's just priceless. I'm looking forward to Nov 28, and the last Saturday in November for many years to come.

Obviously I wasn't happy with the Husker loss to BYU, but it is kind of weird in Husker Nation because nobody's really upset.  We're so used to getting blown out by 60 points with Pelini against any quality opponent it's a refreshing change to lose at the last second.  lol

Excited to see how the season plays out.

2015-09-09 1:58 PM

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
It sounds weird to hear a Husker fan saying they are used to getting blown out by 60.
What happened to Nebraska being a perennial top 25 team? And no, I am not being sarcastic or trash talking.

2015-09-09 8:27 PM
in reply to: Hugh in TX

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Hugh in TX It sounds weird to hear a Husker fan saying they are used to getting blown out by 60. What happened to Nebraska being a perennial top 25 team? And no, I am not being sarcastic or trash talking.

I know right.

If you haven't followed it much, it's been an adventure ever since Tom Osborne retired.  We had a few years of mediocrity with Solich, and then hired Bill Callahan.  Most people in Nebraska do not speak the Callahan name for fear of getting punched in the face.  Those were the first years that we were a complete embarrassment with players not even knowing what to do on the field.

Bo Pelini was brought on in 2008 fresh off his D Coordinator domination at LSU.  Things started to look up after a few years on defense, but our offense just sucked year after year.  The past several years the offense continued to be meh and the defense went downhill fast.  We essentially lost every important game from a ranked opponent in embarrassing fashion.  Husker nation was not very pleased and that's why they made the move last year to fire Pelini and hire Mike Riley from Oregon State.

Assuming Riley was a good hire we're still a few years away from a consistent Top 25 program IMHO, but I'm excited at the direction we're heading finally.  Sliding down consistently for the past 15 years has been getting old.  lol

2015-09-10 11:39 AM

User image

Master
San Antone, Texas
Trust me, I know exactly what you mean. Michigan hasn't been the same since Bo died in 2006, when we were ranked #2 in the nation on the eve of our game with Ohio State (ranked #1). Two miserable coaching hires and one horrific athletic director hire has led us to some of the worst years we've ever had on the football field. But on the upside, it all led to HARBAUGH. So I can't complain much, except that we should have had him in 2010 if not for our incompetent AD.

I've always been confused about the firing of Solich at Nebraska though. I know the Nebraska faithful were upset at the "mediocrity", but when you look back at it, his record there was 58-19, and he won at least 9 games in 5 of his 6 seasons and finished in the top 10 three times. (I had to look up on Wikipedia for the actual numbers. I just remembered them as being better than mediocre at the time).

I bet yall would take that in a heartbeat now, wouldn't you? Didn't Nebraska also make it to the championship game in one of his seasons?

2015-09-10 1:51 PM
in reply to: djastroman

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by djastroman Trust me, I know exactly what you mean. Michigan hasn't been the same since Bo died in 2006, when we were ranked #2 in the nation on the eve of our game with Ohio State (ranked #1). Two miserable coaching hires and one horrific athletic director hire has led us to some of the worst years we've ever had on the football field. But on the upside, it all led to HARBAUGH. So I can't complain much, except that we should have had him in 2010 if not for our incompetent AD. I've always been confused about the firing of Solich at Nebraska though. I know the Nebraska faithful were upset at the "mediocrity", but when you look back at it, his record there was 58-19, and he won at least 9 games in 5 of his 6 seasons and finished in the top 10 three times. (I had to look up on Wikipedia for the actual numbers. I just remembered them as being better than mediocre at the time). I bet yall would take that in a heartbeat now, wouldn't you? Didn't Nebraska also make it to the championship game in one of his seasons?

Yeah, the whole Solich debacle was compliments of our horrible AD Steve Petersen.  He's the one that brought in Callahan and then Pelini and there wasn't much public support for getting rid of Solich.  Everyone in NE that I know of is still very fond of him.  He did get into one championship game (2001 i think) where we got beat up pretty bad.  That was the year we were 11-0 and got blown up by Colorado the last game of the year, but still made it to the championship game with some controversy.

2015-09-11 6:19 PM

User image

Veteran
Columbus, Ohio
So, please disregard my PSU statement. Man they looked bad. Hey Huskies....knock it down! Look what the right coach can do (Urban at OSU). I really hope Harbaugh turns things around at Michigan. It isn't a rivalry if one team dominates like the Buckeyes have recently. Although part of me hopes we never lose to the team up north.
2015-09-14 9:32 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by jacasa So, please disregard my PSU statement. Man they looked bad. Hey Huskies....knock it down! Look what the right coach can do (Urban at OSU). I really hope Harbaugh turns things around at Michigan. It isn't a rivalry if one team dominates like the Buckeyes have recently. Although part of me hopes we never lose to the team up north.

I was happy to see Sparty whack the ducks.

2015-10-16 4:33 PM

User image

Veteran
Columbus, Ohio
Looking forward to the battle of the state up north tomorrow! Also, can't wait to see the Buckeyes wearing all black (including helmets) against PSU tomorrow night in the Shoe!
2015-10-16 4:42 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by jacasa Looking forward to the battle of the state up north tomorrow! Also, can't wait to see the Buckeyes wearing all black (including helmets) against PSU tomorrow night in the Shoe!

can't wait to see my Huskers play OSU in the championship game... oh wait, never mind...  

there might still be a chance...  haha

2015-11-22 10:49 AM

User image

Master
Bloomington, MN

Interesting day yesterday in the Big 10. Looking like a MSU and Iowa showdown. I have to believe that the winner will be in the playoffs.

2015-11-22 3:09 PM
in reply to: Buckshot

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Buckshot

Interesting day yesterday in the Big 10. Looking like a MSU and Iowa showdown. I have to believe that the winner will be in the playoffs.

Yeah, Iowa is definitely in from the West.  MSU controls their own destiny in the east and OSU could sneak in with an MSU loss vs. PSU and a win vs. Michigan.

If Iowa wins out I think they have to be let into the playoffs.  I personally don't think they'll fare very well because they simply haven't played anybody yet this year.  However, if they win the B1G championship game then obviously they will have.

On a side note, I'm hoping my Huskers stomp the Hawks on Friday.  They'll still go to the B1G champs game, but even if they win there's little chance they'll get into the playoffs and a slight chance for an MSU/OSU B1G champ to get in.

2015-11-23 8:46 PM

Originally posted by tuwood

Originally posted by Buckshot

Yeah, Iowa is definitely in from the West.  MSU controls their own destiny in the east and OSU could sneak in with an MSU loss vs. PSU and a win vs. Michigan.

If Iowa wins out I think they have to be let into the playoffs.  I personally don't think they'll fare very well because they simply haven't played anybody yet this year.  However, if they win the B1G championship game then obviously they will have.

On a side note, I'm hoping my Huskers stomp the Hawks on Friday.  They'll still go to the B1G champs game, but even if they win there's little chance they'll get into the playoffs and a slight chance for an MSU/OSU B1G champ to get in.

That is a recipe for the B1G not finding a chair when the music stops. IMHO, if the Huskers beat Iowa the only way a B1G team has a chance to make the favorite 4 is if MSU is the opponent in the champ game & MSU blows the doors off of Iowa.

2015-11-25 4:41 PM

User image

Veteran
Columbus, Ohio
Would like to see Iowa win out and go to the playoffs. Not sure how they would do vs an Alabama or Clemson, but then again last years Buckeyes weren't given much of a chance. Hope to see the Buckeyes rebound from an embarrassing loss to be TTUN. GO BUCKS!!!!
2015-11-25 5:49 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by jacasa Would like to see Iowa win out and go to the playoffs. Not sure how they would do vs an Alabama or Clemson, but then again last years Buckeyes weren't given much of a chance. Hope to see the Buckeyes rebound from an embarrassing loss to be TTUN. GO BUCKS!!!!

Personally I think Iowa would get crushed against any program in the bracket.  I forget what the stat was, but Iowa's opponent record this year is barely .500 and they haven't played a single team that's currently ranked in the top 25.

I feel it's pretty telling when my Huskers are 5-6 and the line is pretty much even.

If Iowa loses to Nebraska then you have both teams in the B1G championship game that have lost to the same 6-6 team which would definitely put a taint on the B1G championship.  I tend to think the B1G will get pushed out when Iowa loses on Friday.  

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » A Buckeye Repeat Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Go Buckeyes .....

Started by jacasa
Views: 1048 Posts: 6

2015-01-13 9:34 AM cgregg

How 'Bout Them Buckeyes

Started by jacasa
Views: 1113 Posts: 13

2012-03-29 1:47 PM uclamatt2007

Urban Meyer to be a Buckeye? Pages: 1 2

Started by jacasa
Views: 2705 Posts: 43

2011-12-01 7:54 AM Brock Samson

Repeat after me

Started by BellinghamSpence
Views: 667 Posts: 11

2007-06-16 6:06 PM NightOwl

GO BUCKEYES!!!

Started by sunburnin
Views: 477 Posts: 5

2006-12-05 12:54 PM McFuzz
RELATED ARTICLES
date : May 8, 2007
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
The soreness still develops during/after strides. I have no problem during or after hill repeats. Any recommendations concerning stretching or specific strength exercises that might help?

date : February 19, 2007
author : Total Immersion
Average performers tend to feel they’re getting the job done if they grind out long sets of freestyle repeats. But too often that just means the same freestyle stroke imprinted thousands of times.
date : January 10, 2005
author : mikericci
The misconception of LSD is that it’s easy. What I have learned over the years is that LSD or "running slow" is relative to each person.

date : October 24, 2004
author : tri-en
If you are like many runners you may be frustrated at racing 5K distances and never being able to run them faster. Improve your race pace with this flexible 12 week program.
date : October 17, 2004
author : mbologna
One way to improve your speed is to do track work that totals the time and distance goal. The idea is to slowly condition your body to be comfortable at your goal pace.

date : August 31, 2004
author : smeeko
How to fit in a running workout in 30 minutes or less for a busy lifestyle
date : August 31, 2004
WAYNESVILLE, Ohio (August 22, 2004) Professional triathlete Felipe Bastos (BRA/USA) took another trip to Ohio this weekend...