General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Numbness Caused by Profile Tri Saddle Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-09-02 12:17 PM

User image

Subject: Numbness Caused by Profile Tri Saddle
Hello All!

When I first got into tri, I bought a bitchin' Profile tri saddle. I got a great deal on it too!

• ..Here's the problem; After a long ride, or really any ride or stationary session over an hour, it makes everything down in man land numb. Everything still functions like it should, I just can't feel it. How long the numbness sticks around is usually tied to how long I'm on the saddle. After Wildflower long course in 2014, I was numb for a bout a week.

• Has anyone else experienced this with these saddles. or other saddles? I have attached a pic of the offender:

(uncomfortably numb.jpg)

Attachments
    ----------------
    uncomfortably numb.jpg (196KB - 4 downloads)

2015-09-04 1:26 PM
    in reply to: azuro

User image

Extreme Veteran
    Langley, BC, 'Wet Coast' Canada
    Subject: RE: Numbness Caused by Profile Tri Saddle
    You might get a bit more exposure in the general tri talk forum. I would repost there...

2015-09-04 6:30 PM

I had this exact saddle. Gave me paresthesias in both legs. During my fit a few months later, I was fitted to a different saddle, and go figure, no more paresthesias. So my answer to you would be...get a different saddle, most likely one with a wider base.
    2015-09-05 1:11 AM
    in reply to: sentient.couch

User image

Yeah, I read up on it more and determined that i have wider sit bones than I thought. I got another cheap saddle to test fit a new shape. If it works, then I can upgrade to a better one with the same geometry.
    2015-09-11 5:22 PM

User image

Sensei
    Sin City

Definitely get fit if you can.  Numbness is NOT a good thing.  I did a HIM and was numb for a couple weeks and it really started to panic me.

I got fit and now I can ride stock saddles and not have issues (granted, I sill like my Adamo for the my TT bike - the earo position FOR ME, requires some modifications).

2015-09-16 2:55 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
    Langley, BC, 'Wet Coast' Canada
    Just curious as to how you are doing with the new saddle..
    I actually have one of the PD strykes, too, and had just put it on my new-to-me tri bike. It was NOT the joy I had hoped it would be. I did have a De Soto neoprene seat cover I got from CL a few years ago and with that on the saddle, it felt a bit wider and seemed to offer more support. It is not the padding the cover offers that feels better, just makes it fit a bit better, I find...

New Thread
    General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Numbness Caused by Profile Tri Saddle Rss Feed  
    RELATED POSTS

Can Speedplays cause toe numbness?!

Started by SRaz
    Views: 2155 Posts: 3

2011-08-11 8:23 AM annabananamc

saddle numbness

Started by travisdotn
    Views: 923 Posts: 5

2006-07-11 6:54 PM Bluejack

Numbness in finger while biking

Started by MomX3
    Views: 1327 Posts: 8

2005-07-06 8:31 PM Guy

Numbness in feet

Started by So Fresh So Clean
    Views: 1574 Posts: 13

2005-06-15 12:44 PM So Fresh So Clean

Week-long hand numbness after bike ride

Started by MTBonker
    Views: 1841 Posts: 3

2005-06-15 12:26 PM MTBonker
    RELATED ARTICLES
    date : December 17, 2013
    author : GaryRM
    comments : 5
    A mini-review of Profile Design's Tri Stryke saddle.

date : August 7, 2009
    author : FitWerx
    comments : 1
    Would it be a simple and advisable to swap back and forth between the road seat post with no aero bars and the tri seat post with aero bars?
    date : March 13, 2009
    author : FitWerx
    comments : 2
    I cannot get comfortable without the nose of the saddle being tilted down. I have tried many different seats and had two professional fittings, but still have excessive numbness and discomfort.

date : June 11, 2007
    author : Ontherun
    comments : 3
    A brief history on aero bar evolution with a review on the bars that I own and love.