of 40

2015-11-30 1:40 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Subject: RE: Trump
Originally posted by tuwood

Somebody should contact them immediately and inform them that he's a racist.

Yeah, apparently someone did...oops. I'm sure it was just an honest mistake by the Donald.

"Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump has cancelled a press conference in which his campaign said he would be endorsed by as many as 100 black evangelical religious leaders. Many of those invited to the event say they had no intention of endorsing the billionaire businessman and former reality television star.

'It's a miscommunication,' said Darrell Scott, the senior pastor of New Spirit Revival Center in Cleveland Heights, Ohio, who has helped to arrange meetings between Trump and black pastors in recent months. Trump's campaign "thought it was going to be a press conference for an endorsement when it wasn't," Scott said Sunday in an interview."

Turns out that many in the same community don't want to endorse him because they think, you know, he's a racist:

"In the (open letter by over 100 black ministers to Ebony magazine), the group wrote that 'Trump's racially inaccurate, insensitive and incendiary rhetoric should give those charged with the care of the spirits and souls of black people great pause.' They also expressed concern that the meeting on Monday would 'give Trump the appearance of legitimacy among those who follow your leadership and respect your position as clergy.'

Edited by jmk-brooklyn 2015-11-30 1:41 PM

2015-11-30 1:42 PM
in reply to: jmk-brooklyn

User image

Pro

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn

Yeah, apparently someone did...oops. I'm sure it was just an honest mistake by the Donald. "Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump has cancelled a press conference in which his campaign said he would be endorsed by as many as 100 black evangelical religious leaders. Many of those invited to the event say they had no intention of endorsing the billionaire businessman and former reality television star. 'It's a miscommunication,' said Darrell Scott, the senior pastor of New Spirit Revival Center in Cleveland Heights, Ohio, who has helped to arrange meetings between Trump and black pastors in recent months. Trump's campaign "thought it was going to be a press conference for an endorsement when it wasn't," Scott said Sunday in an interview." Turns out that many in the same community don't want to endorse him because they think, you know, he's a racist: "In the (open letter by over 100 black ministers to Ebony magazine), the group wrote that 'Trump's racially inaccurate, insensitive and incendiary rhetoric should give those charged with the care of the spirits and souls of black people great pause.' They also expressed concern that the meeting on Monday would 'give Trump the appearance of legitimacy among those who follow your leadership and respect your position as clergy.'

You're a racist.

2015-11-30 2:03 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho

Originally posted by Left Brain

Yeah, apparently someone did...oops. I'm sure it was just an honest mistake by the Donald. "Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump has cancelled a press conference in which his campaign said he would be endorsed by as many as 100 black evangelical religious leaders. Many of those invited to the event say they had no intention of endorsing the billionaire businessman and former reality television star. 'It's a miscommunication,' said Darrell Scott, the senior pastor of New Spirit Revival Center in Cleveland Heights, Ohio, who has helped to arrange meetings between Trump and black pastors in recent months. Trump's campaign "thought it was going to be a press conference for an endorsement when it wasn't," Scott said Sunday in an interview." Turns out that many in the same community don't want to endorse him because they think, you know, he's a racist: "In the (open letter by over 100 black ministers to Ebony magazine), the group wrote that 'Trump's racially inaccurate, insensitive and incendiary rhetoric should give those charged with the care of the spirits and souls of black people great pause.' They also expressed concern that the meeting on Monday would 'give Trump the appearance of legitimacy among those who follow your leadership and respect your position as clergy.'

You're a racist.

Oh, no, no, no!!

No racism towards the President in THIS country. Nothing to see, here. Now, move along citizens....

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/22/us/politics/obamas-twitter-debut-potus-attracts-hate-filled-posts.html

2015-11-30 2:07 PM
in reply to: jeffnboise

User image

Pro

Originally posted by jeffnboise

You're a racist.

Oh, no, no, no!!

No racism towards the President in THIS country. Nothing to see, here. Now, move along citizens....

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/22/us/politics/obamas-twitter-debut-potus-attracts-hate-filled-posts.html

You're a racist.

2015-11-30 2:13 PM
in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Pro
Tejas
Originally posted by dmiller5

Originally posted by mdg2003

and let those black pastors know that they are all a bunch of conservative southern old white men.

how about I'll let all the conservative white men know that just because they have one black friend, that doesn't mean they aren't racist. 

oops...   http://news.yahoo.com/trump-drops-event-black-pastors-object-231653018--election.html

X

How many black friends do I need in order to qualify as not being a racist?  Do these just have to be token friends, or do they have to come over a certain number of times per week?  It's hard to not be a racist, so I want to make sure I do it right.

I think its 7 as a white male, but I have to check the liberal guidebook first

Y'all got a guidebook? Sweeeeet!
2015-11-30 2:17 PM

User image

Pro
Tejas

and let those black pastors know that they are all a bunch of conservative southern old white men.

how about I'll let all the conservative white men know that just because they have one black friend, that doesn't mean they aren't racist. 

oops...   http://news.yahoo.com/trump-drops-event-black-pastors-object-231653018--election.html

X

How many black friends do I need in order to qualify as not being a racist?  Do these just have to be token friends, or do they have to come over a certain number of times per week?  It's hard to not be a racist, so I want to make sure I do it right.

Looks like I'm way over......anyone need some?

I'm over quota on Hispanic amigos. I'll let you have six of them for six of your bla... Oh wait. Sounds like we're trading humans...

Shiite. I'm racist.

2015-11-30 2:24 PM

User image

Pro
Tejas

Yeah, apparently someone did...oops. I'm sure it was just an honest mistake by the Donald.

"Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump has cancelled a press conference in which his campaign said he would be endorsed by as many as 100 black evangelical religious leaders. Many of those invited to the event say they had no intention of endorsing the billionaire businessman and former reality television star.

'It's a miscommunication,' said Darrell Scott, the senior pastor of New Spirit Revival Center in Cleveland Heights, Ohio, who has helped to arrange meetings between Trump and black pastors in recent months. Trump's campaign "thought it was going to be a press conference for an endorsement when it wasn't," Scott said Sunday in an interview."

Turns out that many in the same community don't want to endorse him because they think, you know, he's a racist:

"In the (open letter by over 100 black ministers to Ebony magazine), the group wrote that 'Trump's racially inaccurate, insensitive and incendiary rhetoric should give those charged with the care of the spirits and souls of black people great pause.' They also expressed concern that the meeting on Monday would 'give Trump the appearance of legitimacy among those who follow your leadership and respect your position as clergy.'

Got that one jammed right up the keister. I wonder who allowed this to happen? Major stumble by the Trump campaign staff to announce this before it became official. Someone gets fired over this. I hear he's good at that sort of thing!

And that's the first and last time I will ever believe anything sourced from the NYT.
2015-11-30 2:32 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

X

Looks like I'm way over......anyone need some?

I'm over quota on Hispanic amigos. I'll let you have six of them for six of your bla... Oh wait. Sounds like we're trading humans... Shiite. I'm racist.

"Broken Arrow!!!  I say again, Broken Arrow!!!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctnK7wdJmAo

Edited by Left Brain 2015-11-30 2:34 PM
2015-11-30 3:23 PM

User image

Across the river from Memphis, Tennessee
well... aren't we all a little bit racist?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RovF1zsDoeM
2015-11-30 3:49 PM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

Got that one jammed right up the keister. I wonder who allowed this to happen? Major stumble by the Trump campaign staff to announce this before it became official. Someone gets fired over this. I hear he's good at that sort of thing!

And that's the first and last time I will ever believe anything sourced from the NYT.

That'll teach you to trust the liberal media...

If I'm wearing my tinfoil hat, I'd ask whether the NYT deliberately ran with a story knowing it wasn't true in order to embarrass the Donald's campaign. But the joke's on them, because as anyone who's ever followed the Donald knows perfectly well, he's immune to embarrassment.

I'm sure his story will be that they went back on their promise to endorse him under pressure from their community leaders who didn't want them endorsing Trump.
2015-11-30 3:52 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

You're a racist.

Oh, no, no, no!!

This can't be true. We elected a black president (twice) and a couple of black guys have run for president on the Republican ticket, so obviously, racism no longer exists.

2015-11-30 3:53 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

You're a racist.

Oh, no, no, no!!

This can't be true. We elected a black president (twice) and a couple of black guys have run for president on the Republican ticket, so obviously, racism no longer exists.

whats a "racism" I ain't never seent one of those?

2015-11-30 4:27 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

You're a racist.

Oh, no, no, no!!

On a serious note, anonymous comments online are one of the most vile places and unfortunately it's not isolated to one political viewpoint.  If you look at the twitter comments of anyone running for office the comments are disgusting and hate filled.  What's sad is these very same people go about their day espousing to those around them how loving and tolerant they are of everyone and then bully the crap out of people online when nobody is looking.

Granted we all have that "filter" that prevents us from saying what we're really thinking at times, but I hope and pray to never get so hate filled at anyone that I would even anonymously belittle or berate them online (well, anyone besides dmiller)  hehe

2015-11-30 4:38 PM

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho

I think my work here is done.... 

Subconsciously, we will all associate Trump with racism.  I have fullfilled my civic duty.

You're welcome!

2015-11-30 4:41 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

I think my work here is done.... 

Subconsciously, we will all associate Trump with racism.  I have fullfilled my civic duty.

You're welcome!

Who you calling "we all".  Isn't that a racist term for us white people?   haha

2015-11-30 4:43 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho

You're a racist.

Oh, no, no, no!!

On a serious note, anonymous comments online are one of the most vile places and unfortunately it's not isolated to one political viewpoint.  If you look at the twitter comments of anyone running for office the comments are disgusting and hate filled.  What's sad is these very same people go about their day espousing to those around them how loving and tolerant they are of everyone and then bully the crap out of people online when nobody is looking.

Granted we all have that "filter" that prevents us from saying what we're really thinking at times, but I hope and pray to never get so hate filled at anyone that I would even anonymously belittle or berate them online (well, anyone besides dmiller)  hehe

(shakes head) Says Donald Trump, NEVER!!

2015-11-30 4:44 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

You're a racist.

Oh, no, no, no!!

(shakes head) Says Donald Trump, NEVER!!

But he doesn't do it anonymously.  lol

2015-11-30 5:01 PM

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho

Finally.....

we agree on something.  :0)

2015-11-30 5:03 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Finally.....

we agree on something.  :0)

lol, yeah kind of hard to defend that part of him.  haha

2015-11-30 5:10 PM

User image

Pro
Tejas

That'll teach you to trust the liberal media...

If I'm wearing my tinfoil hat, I'd ask whether the NYT deliberately ran with a story knowing it wasn't true in order to embarrass the Donald's campaign. But the joke's on them, because as anyone who's ever followed the Donald knows perfectly well, he's immune to embarrassment.

I'm sure his story will be that they went back on their promise to endorse him under pressure from their community leaders who didn't want them endorsing Trump.

I agree with you and your tinfoil hat theory. He was definitely lofted out in front of a speeding bus. I just wonder how the heck his campaign didn't see that coming.
2015-11-30 8:34 PM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Pro

Got that one jammed right up the keister. I wonder who allowed this to happen? Major stumble by the Trump campaign staff to announce this before it became official. Someone gets fired over this. I hear he's good at that sort of thing! And that's the first and last time I will ever believe anything sourced from the NYT.
That'll teach you to trust the liberal media... If I'm wearing my tinfoil hat, I'd ask whether the NYT deliberately ran with a story knowing it wasn't true in order to embarrass the Donald's campaign. But the joke's on them, because as anyone who's ever followed the Donald knows perfectly well, he's immune to embarrassment. I'm sure his story will be that they went back on their promise to endorse him under pressure from their community leaders who didn't want them endorsing Trump.
I agree with you and your tinfoil hat theory. He was definitely lofted out in front of a speeding bus. I just wonder how the heck his campaign didn't see that coming.

They're all racists.

2015-11-30 9:07 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

The plot thickens (ok now who are the racists?)  

Trump insists 'most' black pastors endorsing him

Darrell Scott, a pastor at the New Spirit Revival Center in Cleveland Heights, Ohio, stood by Trump’s side on Monday, saying that the meeting was “productive” and “constructive” and that the group of religious leaders are a “united front.”

“We voiced concerns sensitive to the African-American community,” Scott said. “We’re all satisfied with the answers.”

Scott said there were a number of pastors who endorsed Trump, but didn’t have an official number. He said the religious leaders who remain undecided are “praying about it.”

“Nobody at this meeting came out with negative reaction in any kind of way,” Scott said, adding that “Everybody in the room likes Donald Trump.”

2015-11-30 9:42 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

Darrell Scott, a pastor at the New Spirit Revival Center in Cleveland Heights, Ohio, stood by Trump’s side on Monday, saying that the meeting was “productive” and “constructive” and that the group of religious leaders are a “united front.”

“We voiced concerns sensitive to the African-American community,” Scott said. “We’re all satisfied with the answers.”

Scott said there were a number of pastors who endorsed Trump, but didn’t have an official number. He said the religious leaders who remain undecided are “praying about it.”

“Nobody at this meeting came out with negative reaction in any kind of way,” Scott said, adding that “Everybody in the room likes Donald Trump.”

Well, Darnell Scott's the guy whose been shilling for him throughout the controversy, so his assurance doesn't mean a whole lot to me. It's pretty clear that he doesn't speak for as many of them as he either thinks he does or claims to. I also saw that Omarosa, who was a contestant on The Apprentice and maybe the most hated person in reality TV history is on his side too? He sure can pick 'em. (Oh, and she's apparently a minister now.).
2015-11-30 10:00 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Well, Darnell Scott's the guy whose been shilling for him throughout the controversy, so his assurance doesn't mean a whole lot to me. It's pretty clear that he doesn't speak for as many of them as he either thinks he does or claims to. I also saw that Omarosa, who was a contestant on The Apprentice and maybe the most hated person in reality TV history is on his side too? He sure can pick 'em. (Oh, and she's apparently a minister now.).

yeah i took a double take too on the Omarosa minister part.  lol

I will say, that I can't recall any other republican who has had 100 black pastors fly to New York to listen to a candidate.  I do agree that we can't trust that they all support him because I'm sure they don't.

2015-11-30 10:23 PM

User image

Pro
Tejas

Got that one jammed right up the keister. I wonder who allowed this to happen? Major stumble by the Trump campaign staff to announce this before it became official. Someone gets fired over this. I hear he's good at that sort of thing! And that's the first and last time I will ever believe anything sourced from the NYT.
That'll teach you to trust the liberal media... If I'm wearing my tinfoil hat, I'd ask whether the NYT deliberately ran with a story knowing it wasn't true in order to embarrass the Donald's campaign. But the joke's on them, because as anyone who's ever followed the Donald knows perfectly well, he's immune to embarrassment. I'm sure his story will be that they went back on their promise to endorse him under pressure from their community leaders who didn't want them endorsing Trump.

They're all racists.

Oh right. The white hoods blocked it.
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Trump Rss Feed  

of 40