Pro
Omaha, NE
Subject: RE: Trump

2015-12-01 6:04 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro
Originally posted by tuwoodThe tolerance is stunning. http://www.mediaite.com/tv/pastors-get-heated-over-trump-meeting-at... not racist.

Edited by Left Brain 2015-12-01 6:05 AM
2015-12-01 8:11 AM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Pro

Originally posted by tuwood The tolerance is stunning. http://www.mediaite.com/tv/pastors-get-heated-over-trump-meeting-at...

They are not racist.

2015-12-01 10:29 AM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Originally posted by tuwood

The tolerance is stunning. http://www.mediaite.com/tv/pastors-get-heated-over-trump-meeting-at...

it sounds like you're implying that there's something somehow bigoted in what Bryant is saying (that Trump is using the pastors who support him)?

I know you've said before that "bigotry is just having a different point of view than someone", but I don't see why Bryant is being in any way out of line. If I was a community leader and I felt that one of my fellow community leaders was selling us out to someone who didn't legitimately have our best interests at heart, I'd call him on it too. Why would you expect a black pastor to be "tolerant" of another black pastor if he thought that person was selling his congregation down the river?

Regardless, it just further illustrates how false Trump's claim was that the black pastoral community was lining up behind him in support. At best, one can say he remains a very, very divisive figure in that community.
2015-12-01 11:15 AM
in reply to: jmk-brooklyn

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn
Originally posted by tuwood The tolerance is stunning. http://www.mediaite.com/tv/pastors-get-heated-over-trump-meeting-at...
it sounds like you're implying that there's something somehow bigoted in what Bryant is saying (that Trump is using the pastors who support him)? I know you've said before that "bigotry is just having a different point of view than someone", but I don't see why Bryant is being in any way out of line. If I was a community leader and I felt that one of my fellow community leaders was selling us out to someone who didn't legitimately have our best interests at heart, I'd call him on it too. Why would you expect a black pastor to be "tolerant" of another black pastor if he thought that person was selling his congregation down the river? Regardless, it just further illustrates how false Trump's claim was that the black pastoral community was lining up behind him in support. At best, one can say he remains a very, very divisive figure in that community.

It's not so much about having a different point of view and opposing it, it's how you do it and why.  I always chuckle at the hypocrisy of everyone including yourself.  You go on and on about how Trump uses bad words and is mean to people, but you defend this bozo who says a fellow pastor is worse than a prostitute for daring to even be in the presence of a Republican which is far worse than anything Trump has ever said.  

So my "tolerance" comment was mostly in jest because he obviously has zero tolerance for a black man who has strayed from the mandatory Democratic viewpoint.  It really is racist to even suggest that somebody of a  certain color has to be in lock step with a certain political view.  It's like me saying all whites have to be Republican because the Republicans have my best interests at heart.  hah

Also, Bryant wasn't even at the conference so he has no idea what was said at the event.  I have yet to see negative comments form people that attended.

2015-12-01 12:02 PM

User image

Pro

it sounds like you're implying that there's something somehow bigoted in what Bryant is saying (that Trump is using the pastors who support him)? I know you've said before that "bigotry is just having a different point of view than someone", but I don't see why Bryant is being in any way out of line. If I was a community leader and I felt that one of my fellow community leaders was selling us out to someone who didn't legitimately have our best interests at heart, I'd call him on it too. Why would you expect a black pastor to be "tolerant" of another black pastor if he thought that person was selling his congregation down the river? Regardless, it just further illustrates how false Trump's claim was that the black pastoral community was lining up behind him in support. At best, one can say he remains a very, very divisive figure in that community.

It's not so much about having a different point of view and opposing it, it's how you do it and why.  I always chuckle at the hypocrisy of everyone including yourself.  You go on and on about how Trump uses bad words and is mean to people, but you defend this bozo who says a fellow pastor is worse than a prostitute for daring to even be in the presence of a Republican which is far worse than anything Trump has ever said.  

So my "tolerance" comment was mostly in jest because he obviously has zero tolerance for a black man who has strayed from the mandatory Democratic viewpoint.  It really is racist to even suggest that somebody of a  certain color has to be in lock step with a certain political view.  It's like me saying all whites have to be Republican because the Republicans have my best interests at heart.  hah

Also, Bryant wasn't even at the conference so he has no idea what was said at the event.  I have yet to see negative comments form people that attended.

I think you just called someone else racist.  I'm pretty sure that now exonerates you from being a racist.  Nice work, that was a close call.

2015-12-01 12:05 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Left Brain

I think you just called someone else racist.  I'm pretty sure that now exonerates you from being a racist.  Nice work, that was a close call.

2015-12-01 7:00 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

You're being ridiculous. If you can't see the distinction between a presidential candidate referring to Mexican immigrants as rapists and drug dealers or mocking a handicapped journalist and one pastor sharply criticizing a colleague for what he sees as unethical conduct, you've got your head further up Trump's hairdo than I thought. You're honestly convinced that minorities are falling all over themselves to vote for him?
2015-12-01 8:10 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Dp

Edited by jmk-brooklyn 2015-12-01 8:11 PM
2015-12-01 8:38 PM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn Dp

How do you double post an hour apart?   I think some deep breaths may be in order.  

2015-12-02 9:26 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

You're being ridiculous. If you can't see the distinction between a presidential candidate referring to Mexican immigrants as rapists and drug dealers or mocking a handicapped journalist and one pastor sharply criticizing a colleague for what he sees as unethical conduct, you've got your head further up Trump's hairdo than I thought. You're honestly convinced that minorities are falling all over themselves to vote for him?

lol, you are being ridiculous.  You notice how you take Trumps statement about many Mexican immigrants being rapists and drug dealers (which is factually true) and try to contort it into him saying that they all are (which is a lie).  Then you take the ridiculous hatchet job attempt against Trump where he was criticizing a reporter (who he had never seen or met) who retracted a story 14 years after the fact because it supported Trumps argument.  Because Trump waved his arms in the air when describing the panic'd retraction and the guy happened to have an arm disability Trump was mocking the handicap.  I guess if you have a handicap you're immune to being mocked for doing something blatantly political in the PC world?

You then drastically gloss over the fact that this hack job called a fellow black pastor "worse than a prostitute" because he went to a Trump event as "sharply criticizing him for unethical conduct".  lol

2015-12-02 9:37 AM

User image

Pro

You know, it's neither here nor there, but I have vivid memories of people, here in the states, dancing and celebrating the 9/11 attack.  I also have a vivid memory of interviews with people saying that the U.S. had the attack coming because of it's policies toward the Middle East.  I wouldn't know where to find those stories either, but I know I saw them.  My wife, the Lib in the family, also remembered watching the news stories of people here celebrating the attack.

I don't think it's an issue like Trump has made it, but he didn't make it up.

2015-12-02 10:05 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

You know, it's neither here nor there, but I have vivid memories of people, here in the states, dancing and celebrating the 9/11 attack.  I also have a vivid memory of interviews with people saying that the U.S. had the attack coming because of it's policies toward the Middle East.  I wouldn't know where to find those stories either, but I know I saw them.  My wife, the Lib in the family, also remembered watching the news stories of people here celebrating the attack.

2015-12-02 10:47 AM

User image

Pro

That guy was the best!  The war with Iraq was a giant blunder, but that guy cracked me up.

2015-12-02 11:10 AM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

There undoubtedly were, but there weren't "Thousands of people cheering in the streets" as Trump has claimed on more than one occasion despite evidence to the contrary.

(From the NYT)

“I watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down,” he told a crowd in Birmingham, Ala., on Saturday. “And I watched in Jersey City, New Jersey, where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down.”

"Thousands and thousands of people".

Police officials, the mayor of Jersey City have denied that it ever happened, and there is no footage that shows anything like what he's describing. It's a lie. A bald-faced, manipulative, lie, that he refuses to recant or back down from despite lots of evidence that proves that he's not telling the truth and despite the fact that it's being used to whip up anti-immigrant and anti-Muslim sentiment among his supporters who take whatever comes out of his mouth as gospel.
2015-12-02 11:51 AM

User image

Pro

There undoubtedly were, but there weren't "Thousands of people cheering in the streets" as Trump has claimed on more than one occasion despite evidence to the contrary. (From the NYT) “I watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down,” he told a crowd in Birmingham, Ala., on Saturday. “And I watched in Jersey City, New Jersey, where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down.” "Thousands and thousands of people". Police officials, the mayor of Jersey City have denied that it ever happened, and there is no footage that shows anything like what he's describing. It's a lie. A bald-faced, manipulative, lie, that he refuses to recant or back down from despite lots of evidence that proves that he's not telling the truth and despite the fact that it's being used to whip up anti-immigrant and anti-Muslim sentiment among his supporters who take whatever comes out of his mouth as gospel.

I gotta tell you, I feel like it's his detractors who try to take everything that comes out of his mouth as gospel.  I like the guy, but he's prone to exaggeration the way a lot of people are when they are talking about something they are passionate about.  I like his general ideas on things, but when he gets down to the finer points his ideas frequently become a bit bombastic and exaggerated.  I'm OK with that because I know that even if he were the President he couldn't do some of the things he wants to the level he talks about. But gospel? Like the part where he said Mexican gangs were roving Ferguson and St. louis, Mo. during our riots.......uh........of course not.  He's goofy with that crap.

Is he outright lying or being deceptive?  You mean like Clinton does?  I don't know.  He's surely not trying to cover his arse over something.  And no, I'm not trying to pit her lying vs. his exaggerations.....I get that they can have the same results.  I can just live with his better I guess. 

Edited by Left Brain 2015-12-02 12:03 PM

2015-12-02 11:54 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

There undoubtedly were, but there weren't "Thousands of people cheering in the streets" as Trump has claimed on more than one occasion despite evidence to the contrary. (From the NYT) “I watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down,” he told a crowd in Birmingham, Ala., on Saturday. “And I watched in Jersey City, New Jersey, where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down.” "Thousands and thousands of people". Police officials, the mayor of Jersey City have denied that it ever happened, and there is no footage that shows anything like what he's describing. It's a lie. A bald-faced, manipulative, lie, that he refuses to recant or back down from despite lots of evidence that proves that he's not telling the truth and despite the fact that it's being used to whip up anti-immigrant and anti-Muslim sentiment among his supporters who take whatever comes out of his mouth as gospel.

I agree there's no evidence to support the thousands and thousands, so at most he exaggerated the number.  That's a lot different than pretending it never happened at all which is where most in the media are at.

I do hope that you are this determined to call out all of Hillary's lies and exaggerations.  Oh wait, she's exempt because she has a D behind her name... never mind.  ;-)

2015-12-02 1:44 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

Well this thread has improved in quality!

2015-12-02 1:55 PM
in reply to: msteiner

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by msteiner

Well this thread has improved in quality!

Just wait until we get the Hillary one rolling.  ;-)

2015-12-02 2:01 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Look, I know all politicians lie and exaggerate, and I'm certainly not going to hold his feet to the fire every time he does.

This particular comment is especially galling to me because it happens to feed into this growing anti-Muslim, anti-immigrant sentiment, which I personally find really scary. It feeds into the hatred of people like the guy who said that Muslims are "a problem" in this country (which Trump didn't correct), and the people who decided to make and armed show of force in front of a mosque in Texas. It feeds into the false and bigoted belief that Muslims who live in this country are not "true" Americans and are sympathetic to the terrorists, when there's no evidence that that's true for the overwhelming majority of them.

Most people in this country, like a lot of people on this board, don't know any muslims, so to them, it sounds perfectly plausible that thousands and thousands of them could be cheering for the collapse of the WTC. That's a very, very dangerous lie. It won't have any effect on you if you're a white guy in Nebraska, so it's easy to shake off and dismiss, but imagine if you're the parents of a Muslim kid in public school in Jersey City? Now you've got to send your kid to school knowing that a Presidential Candidate told everyone in the country that people like your kid were cheering for the deaths of people on 9/11? It's reprehensible. There's no other word for it.

In the past few months, we've had a homegrown terrorist kill six people in a church in SC and another one kill three people last week in Colorado, so, the fact that we're SO worried about potential terrorists coming into the US as refugees is absurd to me. But Trump and others in the GOP have their constituents convinced that the "problem" is a bunch of other Americans who happen to be Muslim, most of whom just want to live and work and worship the same way we do.
2015-12-02 2:17 PM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn Look, I know all politicians lie and exaggerate, and I'm certainly not going to hold his feet to the fire every time he does. This particular comment is especially galling to me because it happens to feed into this growing anti-Muslim, anti-immigrant sentiment, which I personally find really scary. It feeds into the hatred of people like the guy who said that Muslims are "a problem" in this country (which Trump didn't correct), and the people who decided to make and armed show of force in front of a mosque in Texas. It feeds into the false and bigoted belief that Muslims who live in this country are not "true" Americans and are sympathetic to the terrorists, when there's no evidence that that's true for the overwhelming majority of them. Most people in this country, like a lot of people on this board, don't know any muslims, so to them, it sounds perfectly plausible that thousands and thousands of them could be cheering for the collapse of the WTC. That's a very, very dangerous lie. It won't have any effect on you if you're a white guy in Nebraska, so it's easy to shake off and dismiss, but imagine if you're the parents of a Muslim kid in public school in Jersey City? Now you've got to send your kid to school knowing that a Presidential Candidate told everyone in the country that people like your kid were cheering for the deaths of people on 9/11? It's reprehensible. There's no other word for it. In the past few months, we've had a homegrown terrorist kill six people in a church in SC and another one kill three people last week in Colorado, so, the fact that we're SO worried about potential terrorists coming into the US as refugees is absurd to me. But Trump and others in the GOP have their constituents convinced that the "problem" is a bunch of other Americans who happen to be Muslim, most of whom just want to live and work and worship the same way we do.

I think you give Trump and the GOP WAAAAY too much credit.  I've got news for you, there are A LOT of people in this country who don't need Trump or the GOP to decide that Muslim's are "a problem" in this country.......they decided that all on their own some time ago.  What you have in Trump is a guy running for public office willing to stand up and say those things out loud.  It resonates with a large segment of the population.  It's PEOPLE jmk, not Trump. 

2015-12-02 4:06 PM

New user

Look, I know all politicians lie and exaggerate, and I'm certainly not going to hold his feet to the fire every time he does.

This particular comment is especially galling to me because it happens to feed into this growing anti-Muslim, anti-immigrant sentiment, which I personally find really scary. It feeds into the hatred of people like the guy who said that Muslims are "a problem" in this country (which Trump didn't correct), and the people who decided to make and armed show of force in front of a mosque in Texas. It feeds into the false and bigoted belief that Muslims who live in this country are not "true" Americans and are sympathetic to the terrorists, when there's no evidence that that's true for the overwhelming majority of them.

Most people in this country, like a lot of people on this board, don't know any muslims, so to them, it sounds perfectly plausible that thousands and thousands of them could be cheering for the collapse of the WTC. That's a very, very dangerous lie. It won't have any effect on you if you're a white guy in Nebraska, so it's easy to shake off and dismiss, but imagine if you're the parents of a Muslim kid in public school in Jersey City? Now you've got to send your kid to school knowing that a Presidential Candidate told everyone in the country that people like your kid were cheering for the deaths of people on 9/11? It's reprehensible. There's no other word for it.

In the past few months, we've had a homegrown terrorist kill six people in a church in SC and another one kill three people last week in Colorado, so, the fact that we're SO worried about potential terrorists coming into the US as refugees is absurd to me. But Trump and others in the GOP have their constituents convinced that the "problem" is a bunch of other Americans who happen to be Muslim, most of whom just want to live and work and worship the same way we do.

Is it as galling as when Mr.Biden addressed a mostly black audience and proclaimed that Mr. Romney's economic policy would "put y'all back in chains"? The purpose of what he said was only to put fear and hatred in a democrat constituency to keep them voting democrat.

2015-12-03 8:37 AM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn Look, I know all politicians lie and exaggerate, and I'm certainly not going to hold his feet to the fire every time he does. This particular comment is especially galling to me because it happens to feed into this growing anti-Muslim, anti-immigrant sentiment, which I personally find really scary. It feeds into the hatred of people like the guy who said that Muslims are "a problem" in this country (which Trump didn't correct), and the people who decided to make and armed show of force in front of a mosque in Texas. It feeds into the false and bigoted belief that Muslims who live in this country are not "true" Americans and are sympathetic to the terrorists, when there's no evidence that that's true for the overwhelming majority of them. Most people in this country, like a lot of people on this board, don't know any muslims, so to them, it sounds perfectly plausible that thousands and thousands of them could be cheering for the collapse of the WTC. That's a very, very dangerous lie. It won't have any effect on you if you're a white guy in Nebraska, so it's easy to shake off and dismiss, but imagine if you're the parents of a Muslim kid in public school in Jersey City? Now you've got to send your kid to school knowing that a Presidential Candidate told everyone in the country that people like your kid were cheering for the deaths of people on 9/11? It's reprehensible. There's no other word for it. In the past few months, we've had a homegrown terrorist kill six people in a church in SC and another one kill three people last week in Colorado, so, the fact that we're SO worried about potential terrorists coming into the US as refugees is absurd to me. But Trump and others in the GOP have their constituents convinced that the "problem" is a bunch of other Americans who happen to be Muslim, most of whom just want to live and work and worship the same way we do.

I think you give Trump and the GOP WAAAAY too much credit.  I've got news for you, there are A LOT of people in this country who don't need Trump or the GOP to decide that Muslim's are "a problem" in this country.......they decided that all on their own some time ago.  What you have in Trump is a guy running for public office willing to stand up and say those things out loud.  It resonates with a large segment of the population.  It's PEOPLE jmk, not Trump. 

I know I'm quoting myself, jmk, but yesterday will just go further to show my point.  The reporting of yesterday's shooting in Bernardino is already full of irrational presumptions......and Trump hasn't said a word about it. (yet)   The GOP and Trump are not convincing anyone......that's being done for them.

2015-12-03 10:14 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

I know I'm quoting myself, jmk, but yesterday will just go further to show my point.  The reporting of yesterday's shooting in Bernardino is already full of irrational presumptions......and Trump hasn't said a word about it. (yet)   The GOP and Trump are not convincing anyone......that's being done for them.

The news coverage was a bit over the top with calling this anything but Terror.
Workplace violence
domestic dispute
settling a grudge
weren't yelling muslim things, so obviously not terrorism
Washington would be acting differently if this were terrorism so it's obviously not terrorism. 

The media doesn't realize how blatantly dishonest and political correct they've become and the American people see it now more than ever before.  

I saw this article last night, and find it interesting how political correctness and the fear of offending has replaced common sense and gut instinct.

http://www.infowars.com/neighbor-didnt-report-san-bernardino-shooter-over-fears-of-being-called-racist/

I didn't mention it the other day, but there were several people on various news outlets saying if we get a paris style attack on US soil then Trump wins.  Obama and Hillary can't even call these people terrorists so everyone knows they're inept at dealing with the problem.  I read an article the other day that mentioned how Obama wouldn't bomb ISIS oil production facilities because he was worried about the environmental impact.  WTF

2015-12-03 10:22 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Trump Rss Feed  

of 40