of 40

2015-12-22 3:13 PM
in reply to: Hook'em

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Subject: RE: Trump
Originally posted by Hook'em

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn  Interesting that you should say that... http://www.aol.com/article/2015/12/22/donald-trump-unloads-on-polit... "Donald Trump doesn't let facts slow him down. Bending the truth or being unhampered by accuracy is a strategy he has followed for years" "Lie of the year." Of the year. Oh, right, I forgot-- he's just "exaggerating".

He seems very presidential - 2013 Lie of the Year

I didn't even open the link, but I'm betting it's a reference to Obama?

Obama Derangement Syndrome!! It's spreading!!! LOL You guys are nothing if not consistent.

How about this-- I'll just assume that every time I post anything about any Republican, we can assume that "BUT...BUT....BUT OBAMAAAAAAA!!!!!!" goes without saying? Think of how much time that'll save everyone? You're welcome.

2015-12-22 3:15 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member
Originally posted by tuwood

Originally posted by ejshowers

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn Just out of curiosity, what's the source for those photos you posted?

The first one was from a blogger friend that was at the event.

The Hillary ones were from this article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3240170/Empty-seat-syndrome-Sparse-crowds-Hillary-New-Hampshire-Jeb-Nevada-Trump-s-audience-overflows-thousands.html

You said about the Hillary pictures, "...last week from 2 different events in NH." FYI - the article you linked is from September 18 and the pictures were retweets from Fox news it looks like. Nice.

ok, totally my bad on that one.  I honestly tried googling recent Hillary events and even checked the date on the article.  For some reason my Christmas brain read the September 18 as December 18.

That being said, I don't think there's anyone trying to make the case that she's getting big turnouts at her events.

I agree with the last part, but it is really apples and oranges. Hillary has been in the public political spotlight for 20 years or so - not much new there to attract spectators to an event. That does not mean people won't come out to vote for her, especially in the general. Plus, we are talking Primaries; not many people get very involved in a Primary, especially for an old hand like Hillary that is well known. Bernie is not so well known and offers different ideas, so attracts bigger crowds. The total primary voter participation rate in 2012 was only like 17% of eligible voters!

Trump is like the circus sideshow that you can't resist paying good money to see. Think bearded lady, the Elephant Man or Siamese twins.
2015-12-22 4:08 PM
in reply to: jmk-brooklyn

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn  Interesting that you should say that... http://www.aol.com/article/2015/12/22/donald-trump-unloads-on-polit... "Donald Trump doesn't let facts slow him down. Bending the truth or being unhampered by accuracy is a strategy he has followed for years" "Lie of the year." Of the year. Oh, right, I forgot-- he's just "exaggerating".

I didn't even open the link, but I'm betting it's a reference to Obama? Obama Derangement Syndrome!! It's spreading!!! LOL You guys are nothing if not consistent. How about this-- I'll just assume that every time I post anything about any Republican, we can assume that "BUT...BUT....BUT OBAMAAAAAAA!!!!!!" goes without saying? Think of how much time that'll save everyone? You're welcome.

Hey, can you imagine how boring this race would be if it were Bush vs. Clinton.  At least the Republicans are trying to make things interesting.  You Democrats need to hurry up and get Sanders up in the polls so we can have a Trump vs. Sanders to make it really interesting.  

2015-12-22 4:34 PM

User image

Deep in the Heart of Texas

I didn't even open the link, but I'm betting it's a reference to Obama? Obama Derangement Syndrome!! It's spreading!!! LOL You guys are nothing if not consistent. How about this-- I'll just assume that every time I post anything about any Republican, we can assume that "BUT...BUT....BUT OBAMAAAAAAA!!!!!!" goes without saying? Think of how much time that'll save everyone? You're welcome.

News flash - politicians are liars.

Is it ever appropriate to make comparisons between candidates seeking elective office and those who have previously held or currently hold the office?  If someone says that Ted Cruz is ill prepared to be president since he's been a Senator for such a short time, is it permissible to make a comparison to Obama? 

2015-12-22 5:50 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

Is it ever appropriate to make comparisons between candidates seeking elective office and those who have previously held or currently hold the office?  If someone says that Ted Cruz is ill prepared to be president since he's been a Senator for such a short time, is it permissible to make a comparison to Obama? 

No, no, no, you've got it wrong. Only Hillary and Obama lie. Trump "exaggerates" or makes casual offhand comments about stuff, so the fact that pretty much everything he says is inaccurate is not important.

You'll have to ask the rest of your conservative pals. I'm as confused as you are about the rules. I just know that the response to pretty much anything anyone says about any GOP politician is "Something something Obama", even though he's still not running for president anymore, as far as I know, but anything bad that happened prior to 2008 is off limits for discussion.

Edited by jmk-brooklyn 2015-12-22 5:51 PM
2015-12-22 6:08 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

No, no, no, you've got it wrong. Only Hillary and Obama lie. Trump "exaggerates" or makes casual offhand comments about stuff, so the fact that pretty much everything he says is inaccurate is not important. You'll have to ask the rest of your conservative pals. I'm as confused as you are about the rules. I just know that the response to pretty much anything anyone says about any GOP politician is "Something something Obama", even though he's still not running for president anymore, as far as I know, but anything bad that happened prior to 2008 is off limits for discussion.

2015-12-22 7:18 PM

User image

Deep in the Heart of Texas

No, no, no, you've got it wrong. Only Hillary and Obama lie. Trump "exaggerates" or makes casual offhand comments about stuff, so the fact that pretty much everything he says is inaccurate is not important. You'll have to ask the rest of your conservative pals. I'm as confused as you are about the rules. I just know that the response to pretty much anything anyone says about any GOP politician is "Something something Obama", even though he's still not running for president anymore, as far as I know, but anything bad that happened prior to 2008 is off limits for discussion.

You must have me confused with someone else.  I'm libertarian - I know they're all liars.  The partisans can stomach lies from their politicians, so long as it advances the agenda they support.  You are rightfully upset about Trump's comments about Muslims because those lies alienate and hurt people you know or a group of people that you understand to be good, peaceful people (paraphrasing from your other posts on the subject) - PolitiFact backs you up.  I knew that I would be screwed by the Affordable Care Act, but it doesn't upset me any less when President Obama lied over and over to the American people about it - PoliciFact backs me up.  According to PolitiFact, only about half of what Hillary Clinton says is true or mostly true which is a little better than President Obama and Rand Paul, but much better than Pelosi's 18% or Trump's 6%.   

As for prior to 2008 - politicians who fail to recognize the unintended consequences resulting from the way the US handled Iraq and, to a lessor extent Afghanistan, will doom us to more of the same.  Unfortunately, the party nominees are likely to be very similar when it comes to US military involvement in the middle east.  Clinton is as hawkish as anyone on the GOP side.

2015-12-22 9:20 PM
in reply to: Hook'em

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

You must have me confused with someone else.  I'm libertarian - I know they're all liars.  The partisans can stomach lies from their politicians, so long as it advances the agenda they support.  You are rightfully upset about Trump's comments about Muslims because those lies alienate and hurt people you know or a group of people that you understand to be good, peaceful people (paraphrasing from your other posts on the subject) - PolitiFact backs you up.  I knew that I would be screwed by the Affordable Care Act, but it doesn't upset me any less when President Obama lied over and over to the American people about it - PoliciFact backs me up.  According to PolitiFact, only about half of what Hillary Clinton says is true or mostly true which is a little better than President Obama and Rand Paul, but much better than Pelosi's 18% or Trump's 6%.   

As for prior to 2008 - politicians who fail to recognize the unintended consequences resulting from the way the US handled Iraq and, to a lessor extent Afghanistan, will doom us to more of the same.  Unfortunately, the party nominees are likely to be very similar when it comes to US military involvement in the middle east.  Clinton is as hawkish as anyone on the GOP side.

Can't really disagree with a whole lot that's here. Whoa. Balanced viewpoints sound weird.
2015-12-22 9:32 PM

User image

Pro

IMO, in some ways, this country deserves Trump as President.  We might as well get as stupid as we can and quit beating around the bush.

2015-12-22 10:30 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
Originally posted by Left Brain

IMO, in some ways, this country deserves Trump as President.  We might as well get as stupid as we can and quit beating around the bush.

Saw bernie was within 5% of Hillary in Iowa today and he has a commanding lead in NH. Let the fun begin.
2015-12-22 10:40 PM

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member

Saw bernie was within 5% of Hillary in Iowa today and he has a commanding lead in NH. Let the fun begin.

I really like Bernie, but after NH the going gets tough for him...

2015-12-23 4:14 AM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

True, sadly.
2015-12-30 2:17 PM

User image

Veteran
St. Louis

People have been photoshopping Trump's face on to old Cavin & Hobbes cartoons. It's amazing how well some of them work out. 

2015-12-30 4:39 PM
in reply to: Bob Loblaw

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member
I love Calvin and Hobbes! Very funny, thanks.
2016-01-19 3:13 PM

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member
Throwing this out there for general interest to start with I guess.

I haven't looked at it, just heard and read some feedback. My guess is it will only reinforce how I already feel about Trump - that he is just a big D-bag and not fit to hold any elected office in the land, much less the highest one.

http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/inside-documentary-donald...

2016-01-19 3:45 PM
in reply to: ejshowers

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by ejshowers Throwing this out there for general interest to start with I guess. I haven't looked at it, just heard and read some feedback. My guess is it will only reinforce how I already feel about Trump - that he is just a big D-bag and not fit to hold any elected office in the land, much less the highest one. http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/inside-documentary-donald...

Looks like it's a dusty hit piece from his early days when he was struggling in business repackaged as click bait.

I watched the video and the 80's hair is enough to keep you entertained, but certainly nothing earth shattering.

There's been a lot of attention lately to his 1999 interview where he was espousing NY values and that he was pro-choice.  It's amazing that even that doesn't get his opponents any traction. (from a political sense).
From my perspective, I really don't care where he is on social issues.  I want somebody who is going to break the corruption in DC.

2016-01-19 3:52 PM

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member
HOLD THE FORT! This just in!

"Sarah Palin endorses Donald Trump for GOP nomination"

My whole image of him has now changed and I fully endorse him too!

GO TRUMP!!! (and SARAH)
2016-01-19 4:48 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by ejshowers HOLD THE FORT! This just in! "Sarah Palin endorses Donald Trump for GOP nomination" My whole image of him has now changed and I fully endorse him too! GO TRUMP!!! (and SARAH)

yay. 

I don't dislike Sarah, but it amazes me how much of a cult following she has in Conservative land.  Believe it or not she's one of, if not THE, most sought after endorsements on the republican side.  I don't really get it myself, but I know Senator Ben Sasse (R-NE) went from an obscure nobody to front runner (and ultimate victor) with her endorsement in Nebraska so there is something to it.

2016-01-19 5:28 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

Originally posted by ejshowers HOLD THE FORT! This just in! "Sarah Palin endorses Donald Trump for GOP nomination" My whole image of him has now changed and I fully endorse him too! GO TRUMP!!! (and SARAH)

yay. 

I don't dislike Sarah, but it amazes me how much of a cult following she has in Conservative land.  Believe it or not she's one of, if not THE, most sought after endorsements on the republican side.  I don't really get it myself, but I know Senator Ben Sasse (R-NE) went from an obscure nobody to front runner (and ultimate victor) with her endorsement in Nebraska so there is something to it.

From the NYT article:
“Palin’s brand among evangelicals is as gold as the faucets in Trump tower,” said Ralph Reed, the chairman of the Faith and Freedom Coalition.

That gets at least a nine on the Unintentional Comedy Scale.
2016-01-19 6:38 PM

User image

Brooklyn, New York

Originally posted by ejshowers The man is disgusting. Trump on Clinton losing to Obama: "She was favored to win and she got schlonged, she lost," he said. Another line for a Dem to use in the general if he gets the nomination to show his lack of respect for women. On the other hand, "Go Trump!!!", as he will get trounced.

I love it when Liberals get offended by the non PC Trump.  I've most certainly said far worse things about Hillary, so I'm not offended in the slightest.

She is scared to death of Trump because she has no idea how to beat him.  She knows that every other PC politician won't dare criticize her for fear of offending demographic X or Y but Trump doesn't give a dam about political correctness and the only people that do get offended are a small minority of Liberals.

If Trump has such little respect for women then why does he hire so many of them and put them into very prestigious positions?  Why does he have more women support than any other candidate not he Republican side?  Oh that's right, because women know that he does love them and that he dishes out criticism equally to both men and women. If anything he's the only one that does respect women and treat them as equals.  To not criticize a woman simply because she is a woman is sexist.

WELL SAID
2016-01-19 8:42 PM

User image

Pro

This from one of the leaders of the Black Lives Matter movement on twitter......

"Palin endorses Trump in 17 minute run on sentence"

"what's she even talking about"

"she's what it would sound like if the teacher from Charlie Brown spoke real words"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!! 

2016-01-19 9:31 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

This from one of the leaders of the Black Lives Matter movement on twitter......

"she's what it would sound like if the teacher from Charlie Brown spoke real words"

I'm still trying to recover from the shock of learning that you follow BLM on Twitter... Or anyone on Twitter. Or anyone on any social media.
2016-01-19 9:46 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

I'm still trying to recover from the shock of learning that you follow BLM on Twitter... Or anyone on Twitter. Or anyone on any social media.

Eh.....I don't participate in social media (no personal accounts and absolutely no desire for any), but I do follow some of the leading protesters and other people that may be applicable to my job.  I'm an information junkie when it comes to my work....and unfortunately,  I spend quite a bit of time keeping up with what's new in social trends......from protests to drugs to criminal enterprises of any kind..  My unit uses social media extensively.....it's amazing what people will reveal about themselves and what they have done.....or plan to do.

Actually, I'm looking forward to the day when I don't care about that anymore.....soon enough  I'm going to concentrate harder on what's at the end of a fishing pole.      My social media days will be OVER......it's a sewer and I won't miss it.

Edited by Left Brain 2016-01-19 9:51 PM
2016-01-20 10:18 AM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Both NYC tabloids had Trump/Palin as their front page. The cover headline of the (conservative) NY Post said "Lady and the Trump" and the more liberal Daily News said, "I'm With Stupid".
2016-01-20 10:29 AM

User image

Pro

I listened to Palin's endorsement speech this morning............good lord, that woman made me want to poke my eardrums out with a pencil.

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Trump Rss Feed  

of 40