Omaha, NE
Subject: RE: Trump

2015-09-16 10:29 AM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Here's another good article that eludes to the common folk supporting Trump.  Wall Street is terrified of him, but they love Clinton and Bush. Why do you think that is?

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/09/donald-trump-2016-wall-street-reaction-213614

2015-09-16 10:58 AM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Originally posted by tuwood

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn

Originally posted by dmiller5

this is crap.  there is a huge difference between the "anti establishment" message of guys like Obama (or Bernie sanders) and the trump message.  Hey look if you're a white male i'll make life great, ew women are bleeding on everything and being b*tches and im sending these dirty rapist immigrants back to hell where they came from. 

I know you're not in the trenches of the Republican base, but Trump is absolutely the anti-establishment guy and that's the whole reason he's doing what he's doing.  All of his salacious comments aside, his anti-establishment pluses are so far out there that it overrides the personality negatives.  

On a side note I love how his non politically correct language ticks off Liberals.  Especially when it's Liberals who spend most of their day spewing hate and bigotry all across social media.  

I love that, in Today's Republican Party, a 1%-er who inherited a fortune from his family and made his living buying and selling billion-dollar real estate, and who owns golf courses and hotels with his name plastered all over them is what passes for "anti-establishment". Once upon a time, a kid who grew up poor in Illinois and worked his way through college as a radio broadcaster before moving to Hollywood and eventually becoming President was the face of the party. Those days are looooooong gone. These days, if you're a Republican candidate, you qualify as a "Man of the People" if you drink blended scotch on your Gulfstream instead of single malt.

I think you and I have a difference of opinion on what the establishment is if you can't see Trump as a guy who is outside of the Washington machine.

Obama was not an anti-establishment guy in reality, but in 2008 he ran on an anti-establishment message and most people thought that he was.  He was going to Washington and shake things up after 8 years of Bush destroying things and putting us in financial ruin.  This message got him elected, but once he got in office he was every bit as much an establishment guy who did everything (and more) that the Democratic party and their lobbyists wanted him to do.  He became exactly the same as Bush by bowing down to every corporation and lobbyist that gave him (and his party) money.

Trump could absolutely go to Washington and do the same thing Obama did, but compared to all of the other Republican candidates most feel that Trump is the least likely to bow down to the almighty lobbyist when he gets there.

I never said that I thought Obama was "anti-establishment". He's a politician through and through, just one whose ideology I preferred to the incumbent and to the GOP nominee in the following election. He never claimed that he was going to completely change the structure of the government or abolish the tax code or do anything that I would consider to be radical-- only that he would govern differently than his predecessor. FWIW, while I'm not happy with everything he's done or said, I think that in most of the things that are within his control, and that matter to me, we are in a better place now than we were before. I'm not interested in going into granual detail of what and how-- I think anyone who's read my posts know where I stand on a lot of issues, but I'm not of the opinion that we're going to he** in a handbasket or anything like that.

The thing is, I don't think Trump is anti-establishment any more than Ted Cruz is. Granted, one is a politician and the other isn't, but Trump has been ensconced in the "halls of power" for most of his life. Do you really belieive that a guy who has profited handsomely from the status quo throughout his life isn't going to just continue stacking the deck in favor of guys just like him once he's in the White House? That a guy who has unquestionably profited from cheap legal and illegal immigrant labor for his construction and hospitality projects and who has always negotiated ruthlessly with his labor force is suddenly going to be the champion of the working man? That a billionaire who has walked away unscathed from each of his bankruptcies is suddenly going to be the guy who holds Wall Street execs accountable?

For me, the "establishment" is more than just the R's and the D's. It's the whole government/big business cosa nostra that's undermining the economy of the country, destroying the middle class, and shipping jobs overseas in order to prop up share prices and protect the executives' jobs. Trump has been neck-deep in that mess since before his third wife was born, and if you think he's going to be the guy who fixes it, I've got a lovely stone bridge near my house that I'll sell you, cheap. Trump doesn't have to be bought by a lobbyist, because he's already been buying what they're selling for years. Heck, he's been the one selling it. How many sweetheart deals do you think he's swung with politicians from the front seat of a golf cart at Mar-a-Lago? And yet you believe that he's the most likely to be incorruptible?
2015-09-16 11:21 AM
in reply to: jmk-brooklyn

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

this is crap.  there is a huge difference between the "anti establishment" message of guys like Obama (or Bernie sanders) and the trump message.  Hey look if you're a white male i'll make life great, ew women are bleeding on everything and being b*tches and im sending these dirty rapist immigrants back to hell where they came from. 

I know you're not in the trenches of the Republican base, but Trump is absolutely the anti-establishment guy and that's the whole reason he's doing what he's doing.  All of his salacious comments aside, his anti-establishment pluses are so far out there that it overrides the personality negatives.  

On a side note I love how his non politically correct language ticks off Liberals.  Especially when it's Liberals who spend most of their day spewing hate and bigotry all across social media.  

I love that, in Today's Republican Party, a 1%-er who inherited a fortune from his family and made his living buying and selling billion-dollar real estate, and who owns golf courses and hotels with his name plastered all over them is what passes for "anti-establishment". Once upon a time, a kid who grew up poor in Illinois and worked his way through college as a radio broadcaster before moving to Hollywood and eventually becoming President was the face of the party. Those days are looooooong gone. These days, if you're a Republican candidate, you qualify as a "Man of the People" if you drink blended scotch on your Gulfstream instead of single malt.

I think you and I have a difference of opinion on what the establishment is if you can't see Trump as a guy who is outside of the Washington machine.

Obama was not an anti-establishment guy in reality, but in 2008 he ran on an anti-establishment message and most people thought that he was.  He was going to Washington and shake things up after 8 years of Bush destroying things and putting us in financial ruin.  This message got him elected, but once he got in office he was every bit as much an establishment guy who did everything (and more) that the Democratic party and their lobbyists wanted him to do.  He became exactly the same as Bush by bowing down to every corporation and lobbyist that gave him (and his party) money.

Trump could absolutely go to Washington and do the same thing Obama did, but compared to all of the other Republican candidates most feel that Trump is the least likely to bow down to the almighty lobbyist when he gets there.

I never said that I thought Obama was "anti-establishment". He's a politician through and through, just one whose ideology I preferred to the incumbent and to the GOP nominee in the following election. He never claimed that he was going to completely change the structure of the government or abolish the tax code or do anything that I would consider to be radical-- only that he would govern differently than his predecessor. FWIW, while I'm not happy with everything he's done or said, I think that in most of the things that are within his control, and that matter to me, we are in a better place now than we were before. I'm not interested in going into granual detail of what and how-- I think anyone who's read my posts know where I stand on a lot of issues, but I'm not of the opinion that we're going to he** in a handbasket or anything like that. The thing is, I don't think Trump is anti-establishment any more than Ted Cruz is. Granted, one is a politician and the other isn't, but Trump has been ensconced in the "halls of power" for most of his life. Do you really belieive that a guy who has profited handsomely from the status quo throughout his life isn't going to just continue stacking the deck in favor of guys just like him once he's in the White House? That a guy who has unquestionably profited from cheap legal and illegal immigrant labor for his construction and hospitality projects and who has always negotiated ruthlessly with his labor force is suddenly going to be the champion of the working man? That a billionaire who has walked away unscathed from each of his bankruptcies is suddenly going to be the guy who holds Wall Street execs accountable? For me, the "establishment" is more than just the R's and the D's. It's the whole government/big business cosa nostra that's undermining the economy of the country, destroying the middle class, and shipping jobs overseas in order to prop up share prices and protect the executives' jobs. Trump has been neck-deep in that mess since before his third wife was born, and if you think he's going to be the guy who fixes it, I've got a lovely stone bridge near my house that I'll sell you, cheap. Trump doesn't have to be bought by a lobbyist, because he's already been buying what they're selling for years. Heck, he's been the one selling it. How many sweetheart deals do you think he's swung with politicians from the front seat of a golf cart at Mar-a-Lago? And yet you believe that he's the most likely to be incorruptible?

I think I've said it before, but you could be absolutely right.  The sad part is I feel that Trump is the "best" chance there is of cutting government spending on either side of the ticket.  I honestly don't care what social issues anyone believes in and I honestly don't care about what social programs they want to put in place.  What I care about is STOP THE F'ING SPENDING.  Live on a dam budget and then go do what you want.  

2015-09-16 1:08 PM

User image

Pro
Tejas

Works for me. That's an all in tax then right? Capital gains...everything? Where does this put municipal bond holders and Roth plans? He plan to tax them too? I working to structure my retirement to be income tax free or paying no more than 750 bucks a year. I'd have to rework my numbers and see where this plan would put me.

He would be in a dogfight to get this reform pushed through. With both parties.
2015-09-16 1:58 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

The first paragraph, "Conservative Presidential candidate Donald Trump is a smart businessman. He works hard, and does whatever he can to pay the minimal amount of taxes to President Barack Obama" sounds like the first paragraph of a kid's book report. He pays his taxes to "President Barack Obama"? LOL

It's hard to take the article seriously after that. I don't know if there's somewhere else where the plan was published with more of the specifcs that were mentioned before (cap gains, retirement savings, etc)? Otherwise, not unlike his giant impenetrable wall across the Mexican Border, it sounds awfully simplistic. I mean, it sounds great and all...

2015-09-16 3:47 PM

User image

Pro
Tejas

It's hard to take the article seriously after that.

You've got a point there.
2015-09-16 3:58 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn The first paragraph, "Conservative Presidential candidate Donald Trump is a smart businessman. He works hard, and does whatever he can to pay the minimal amount of taxes to President Barack Obama" sounds like the first paragraph of a kid's book report. He pays his taxes to "President Barack Obama"? LOL It's hard to take the article seriously after that. I don't know if there's somewhere else where the plan was published with more of the specifcs that were mentioned before (cap gains, retirement savings, etc)? Otherwise, not unlike his giant impenetrable wall across the Mexican Border, it sounds awfully simplistic. I mean, it sounds great and all...

I knew the source was a shill site, but they had the plan details fairly well laid out.  There's not much detail to it other than what was mentioned in the article.

2015-09-16 4:05 PM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by mdg2003 Works for me. That's an all in tax then right? Capital gains...everything? Where does this put municipal bond holders and Roth plans? He plan to tax them too? I working to structure my retirement to be income tax free or paying no more than 750 bucks a year. I'd have to rework my numbers and see where this plan would put me. He would be in a dogfight to get this reform pushed through. With both parties.

My guess would be all income/gains for the year just hit your bottom line tax.  Meaning if you made $20k on the sale of an investment then you'd have an additional $20k of income to be taxed at your normal rate.

From a devils advocate standpoint I'm also assuming that things like the EIC would be eliminated so the folks at the lower income ranges aren't going from 0% to 1% they're actually going from an EIC credit of sometimes several thousand dollars to having to pay 1%.  I can see how this could be considered a "huge" tax hike on the poor.

Personally I think everybody should pay their fair share and that includes the poor.  I'm ok with a progressive tax system but it couldn't be fair unless everyone paid something.

2015-10-13 10:27 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

This made me laugh this morning

Busted ! CNN Uses Jeb Bush Staffer Planted In Audience To Frame Donald Trump Narrative/Hit Job….

I honestly don't think this was an orchestrated Bush plant like they're trying to make it out to be, but it looks so bad it's going to get treated that way.
Being that she's 18 and barely in college I suspect she was just trying to help Jebbie on her own, but it backfired horribly.

Poor Jeb, just when he was almost up to 6% support this has to happen.  

2015-10-13 11:02 AM

User image

Deep in the Heart of Texas

Busted ! CNN Uses Jeb Bush Staffer Planted In Audience To Frame Donald Trump Narrative/Hit Job….

I honestly don't think this was an orchestrated Bush plant like they're trying to make it out to be, but it looks so bad it's going to get treated that way.
Being that she's 18 and barely in college I suspect she was just trying to help Jebbie on her own, but it backfired horribly.

This is what I found interesting in the article:

There are eight candidates remaining in the race specifically to assist Jeb Bush and help him win the nomination.  They are:

• Jeb Bush
  • Marco Rubio (FL)
  • Carly Fiorina (VA)
  • Chris Christie (NJ)
  • John Kasich (OH)
  • Lindsey Graham (SC)
  • Mike Huckabee (AR)
  • George Pataki (NY)
  • Jim Gilmore (VA)

A vote for any of these fraud candidates will only result in a later endorsement of Jeb Bush and the transference of delegates to assist his nomination efforts.   This was/is the original design of the road map created to help Jeb win in 2016.

2015-10-13 1:11 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Originally posted by Hook'em

There are eight candidates remaining in the race specifically to assist Jeb Bush and help him win the nomination.  They are:

• Jeb Bush
  • Marco Rubio (FL)
  • Carly Fiorina (VA)
  • Chris Christie (NJ)
  • John Kasich (OH)
  • Lindsey Graham (SC)
  • Mike Huckabee (AR)
  • George Pataki (NY)
  • Jim Gilmore (VA)

A vote for any of these fraud candidates will only result in a later endorsement of Jeb Bush and the transference of delegates to assist his nomination efforts.   This was/is the original design of the road map created to help Jeb win in 2016.

I know this is sort of a broken record at this point, but it would be nice to get a point of view that isn't from a conservative shill site. Do people really think that all those eight candidates are part of a conspiracy to get Jeb elected and aren't actually trying to win? Fiorina is, I assume, spending a lot of her own money on her campaign. Why would she do that if she didn't actually want to be elected? Is the article saying that even if Fiorina, Rubio or whoever is leading Jeb in the polls that they'll still quit the race and try to convince their constituents to vote for Jeb?

Edited by jmk-brooklyn 2015-10-13 1:11 PM
2015-10-13 1:58 PM

User image

Deep in the Heart of Texas

• Jeb Bush
  • Marco Rubio (FL)
  • Carly Fiorina (VA)
  • Chris Christie (NJ)
  • John Kasich (OH)
  • Lindsey Graham (SC)
  • Mike Huckabee (AR)
  • George Pataki (NY)
  • Jim Gilmore (VA)

I know this is sort of a broken record at this point, but it would be nice to get a point of view that isn't from a conservative shill site. Do people really think that all those eight candidates are part of a conspiracy to get Jeb elected and aren't actually trying to win? Fiorina is, I assume, spending a lot of her own money on her campaign. Why would she do that if she didn't actually want to be elected? Is the article saying that even if Fiorina, Rubio or whoever is leading Jeb in the polls that they'll still quit the race and try to convince their constituents to vote for Jeb?

That's exactly what I found interesting about it - someone actually believes that.  It might very well play out exactly like that, but not because of some grand conspiracy.  

2015-10-13 3:48 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

• Jeb Bush
  • Marco Rubio (FL)
  • Carly Fiorina (VA)
  • Chris Christie (NJ)
  • John Kasich (OH)
  • Lindsey Graham (SC)
  • Mike Huckabee (AR)
  • George Pataki (NY)
  • Jim Gilmore (VA)

In my defense on this one, we are talking about the Republican primaries.  It's kind of hard to find any articles from sources other than conservative sources on the topics.  CNN continued bashing Trump throughout the day on how he answered this question and ignored that she worked for the Jeb campaign.

As for the conspiracy theory I don't in any way feel that people are in the race to get Jeb nominated, but I do know that the GOPe has worked very hard to make it extremely difficult for anyone but the establishment pick to get nominated.  They changed the delegate rules to a winner takes all after the last election cycle where guys like Newt, Ron Paul, and Rick Santorum split the delegates in many of the early states making the race go much deeper and difficult for the establishment guy (Romney) to win.  With the popularity of Trump this has backfired horribly in their faces because Bush was supposed to be the winner in Iowa and NH and then the race would be effectively over for anyone else.  When Trump wins Iowa and NH it's going to effectively be over for everyone else so the GOPe is doing everything they can to prevent it.  In some states they're changing the rules yet again to make it so that if an individual doesn't get 50% of the vote the delegates will be split evenly and it's for one and only one reason, to stop Trump.
The establishment guys have picked Bush as their main guy, but they'd be ok with Rubio, iCarly, or Christie.  They will do everything they can to keep Trump, Carson, and Cruz out.  

Love or hate Trump, he has done an amazing job of showing how bad our political system is and how much it's controlled by the "elites" and the media.  Even Fox News which was the darling of Conservatives has been horribly exposed for the establishment shill that they are.  I follow several conservative forums and conservatives have the pitchforks out for Fox News.  It's crazy.

We're starting to see the "anti-establishment" tone play out on the Democratic side as well with Bernie surging in several polls.  I'm curious how that will play out in the long run.  The unfortunate thing for the Democrats is they don't have a "Trump" to drive a populist message, they just have Bernie and his goofy $18 Trillion entitlement platform.  Don't think that's going to resonate with the middle class and independents in this anti-establishment/spending climate.

2015-10-13 4:42 PM
in reply to: Hook'em

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

• Jeb Bush
  • Marco Rubio (FL)
  • Carly Fiorina (VA)
  • Chris Christie (NJ)
  • John Kasich (OH)
  • Lindsey Graham (SC)
  • Mike Huckabee (AR)
  • George Pataki (NY)
  • Jim Gilmore (VA)

Has no one heard the conspiracy theory that Trump is a plant from Hillary for the purpose of throwing the GOP in disarray?  The first debate just about had me buying into that one.  Now I'm in the camp of plant gone rogue.

2015-10-13 5:07 PM
in reply to: msteiner

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by msteiner

• Jeb Bush
  • Marco Rubio (FL)
  • Carly Fiorina (VA)
  • Chris Christie (NJ)
  • John Kasich (OH)
  • Lindsey Graham (SC)
  • Mike Huckabee (AR)
  • George Pataki (NY)
  • Jim Gilmore (VA)

Has no one heard the conspiracy theory that Trump is a plant from Hillary for the purpose of throwing the GOP in disarray?  The first debate just about had me buying into that one.  Now I'm in the camp of plant gone rogue.

haha, yeah I remember hearing that one too now that you mention it.  Agree, he is big time rogue at this point.  

2015-10-14 1:29 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

These are so stupid, but they make me laugh.

https://instagram.com/p/80rWSdGhT0/

2015-10-15 7:29 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

New Campaign posters leaked..

2015-10-15 11:17 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

hahaha exceptional

i want one for hillary's penguin outfit

2015-10-19 6:27 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
I was watching a Simpsons episode from 2001 where Lisa has become president. She's in a meeting in the Oval Office and she says to her aides, "As you know, we've inherited a massive deficit from President Trump."

I nearly fell off my chair.
2015-10-20 8:26 PM
in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Pro
Tejas

hahaha exceptional

i want one for hillary's penguin outfit

Here's a recent pic of her playing with my dog in the backyard.

(Hillaryinmybackyard.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Hillaryinmybackyard.jpg (79KB - 4 downloads)

2015-10-20 8:32 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn I was watching a Simpsons episode from 2001 where Lisa has become president. She's in a meeting in the Oval Office and she says to her aides, "As you know, we've inherited a massive deficit from President Trump." I nearly fell off my chair.

I'm slightly more concerned that Lisa is president, than I am that she replaced Trump.  I mean, she has some very questionable things in her past.

2015-10-20 9:42 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn I was watching a Simpsons episode from 2001 where Lisa has become president. She's in a meeting in the Oval Office and she says to her aides, "As you know, we've inherited a massive deficit from President Trump." I nearly fell off my chair.

I'm slightly more concerned that Lisa is president, than I am that she replaced Trump.  I mean, she has some very questionable things in her past.

Well, she's a vegetarian and a Buddhist, so that puts her to the right of Sanders.
2015-10-23 10:19 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Insiders: Trump nomination looking more likely

I know Carson is giving him a run in Iowa, but from what I've seen Carson is much further back in all the other states.

It seems like there's always somebody like a Santorum or whoever that spends a year in Iowa in hopes that a win there will catapult other states, but it never really works out that way.

2015-11-04 8:40 AM

User image

Champion
Southern Chicago Suburbs, IL

He just can't stop himself.

And this is the guy that claims he will bring dignity back to the White House?!?!?!

http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-jeb-bush-swastika-tweet-2015-11

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Trump Rss Feed  

of 40