Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Subject: RE: Trump
Originally posted by tuwood

Originally posted by ejshowers

CBS news stating basically the same thing I did:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/yes-trump-can-beat-hillary-clinton/

You say it is CBS news like it is big and official, but it is really a COMMENTARY piece, and was authored by a former big wig at the Chamber of Commerce during the Reagan years and a huge supply-side guy (think Trickle Down / voodoo economics).

You guys always make me smile when you attack the author/source and completely ignore the content. 

***btw, you seem to have no problem saying "fox news" every time a commentator on fox says something you don't agree with so I'm not sure what your point is there.

And you make me smile when you post graphs and statistics when they suit you, but happily cite innuendo, hypothesis, opinion/commentary, and anecdotes as if they're of equal value when you haven't got a shred of scientific or statistical evidence to back up your position.

It's nice that we can all make each other smile.

2016-04-29 8:13 AM
in reply to: jmk-brooklyn

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
I watched this last night in HBO sports. It's really nothing new--Trump lies about pretty much everything and everyone who trusted him ends up feeling like an idiot for having done so, but it's interesting to see in the context of the presidential race. And the reporter, Bernie Goldberg, is a strong conservative, fwiw.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/golf/donald-trump-promised-to-make-scotla...
2016-04-29 9:17 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn I watched this last night in HBO sports. It's really nothing new--Trump lies about pretty much everything and everyone who trusted him ends up feeling like an idiot for having done so, but it's interesting to see in the context of the presidential race. And the reporter, Bernie Goldberg, is a strong conservative, fwiw. http://www.sportsgrid.com/golf/donald-trump-promised-to-make-scotla...

Dang, he's more like Hillary than we thought.   

2016-04-29 9:45 AM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Pro
Tejas

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn I watched this last night in HBO sports. It's really nothing new--Trump lies about pretty much everything and everyone who trusted him ends up feeling like an idiot for having done so, but it's interesting to see in the context of the presidential race. And the reporter, Bernie Goldberg, is a strong conservative, fwiw. http://www.sportsgrid.com/golf/donald-trump-promised-to-make-scotla...

Except he doesn't have his supporters out inciting riots at Hillary's events. Big diff IMO
2016-04-29 9:34 PM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Originally posted by mdg2003

Except he doesn't have his supporters out inciting riots at Hillary's events. Big diff IMO

When has Hillary incited violence at a Trump event? A link or a quote, please?
2016-04-29 10:49 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn

Actions speak louder than words.  According to the media Trumps supporters are "incited", yet their protests and interactions near any Hillary rally are peaceful and respectful.  Then the great dove of peace Hillary says nothing but kumbaya songs at her rally's and her followers/supporters are burning cars and rioting in the streets.  They're such hate filled bigots already they don't need to be incited.

Yup, Trump supporters are the crazy violent ones.

Edited by tuwood 2016-04-29 10:52 PM

2016-04-30 6:59 AM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

Actions speak louder than words.  According to the media Trumps supporters are "incited", yet their protests and interactions near any Hillary rally are peaceful and respectful.  Then the great dove of peace Hillary says nothing but kumbaya songs at her rally's and her followers/supporters are burning cars and rioting in the streets.  They're such hate filled bigots already they don't need to be incited.

So, in other words, Hillary has never said anything to incite violence at her rallies, and you just lied about it to try, once again, to make a false equivalence between your boy, who has made bigotry and sexism and violence a central part of his campaign, and the Democratic candidates who have done no such thing.
He brought that violence on himself. You want to inspire violent racists to vote for you? That's what you're going to end up with . Trump has openly called for protestors at his rallies to be "roughed up" and even offered to pay the legal fees of people who attack protestors. Did you already forget incident where the Trump supporter punched the protestor?

Listen, the conduct of these protestors is disgraceful, but it's just straight up dishonest to say that Hillary is "inciting riots".
2016-04-30 8:22 AM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
I never get tired listening to Conservatives talk about what a disaster Trump is for the GOP and the conservative movement. I especially like this one:

"'The Trump campaign is a test of character, and many Americans are failing it,' Tom Nichols, a professor at the Naval War College, wrote this week atThe Federalist.

A staunch conservative and strong critic of the presumptive Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton, Nichols nevertheless wrote, 'Yes, fellow conservatives: Trump is worse than Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama. Their policies are liberal, even leftist, often motivated by cheap politics, ego, and political grandstanding. But they are policies , understandable as such and opposable by political means.'
Trump's positions, he said, are not so much policies as 'feverish revenge fantasies...inviting us into a war of all against all over which he will preside as an amused dictator.'

He added, 'Most conservatives have already told Trump that we will not sell our character as Americans, and indeed our very souls, just to feel the pleasure of resentful anger for a few months.'"

In other amusing GOP news, Marco Rubio sounds like he's ready to embrace the Donald, despite the fact that you can still buy a #NeverTrump bumper sticker on his campaign page.
It should be noted that the bumper sticker is referred to as "removeable".

http://store.marcorubio.com/products/never-trump-sticker?variant=16...

Edited by jmk-brooklyn 2016-04-30 8:32 AM
2016-04-30 8:48 AM

User image

Pro
Tejas
You need to learn to take most of the BS I post with a grain of salt. Of course she isn't personally paying these people as they get off the bus at these protests. She can't be overheard calling for rioting. She can't publicly rally the troops to go violate the civil rights of Trump supporters. What she can do is tell these people to stop violating the 1A rights of Trump backers and let the people decide who will be the next rino candidate for POTUS.

I don't care for, nor do I trust Trump. I will vote for him if he gets the nomination. Millions more are responding to the rally cry because they are sick and tired of being labeled as some sort of hater just because they disagree with the progressive liberal agenda getting shoved down their throats. Each protest and riot against Trump will only fuel more support and add fire to those already behind him. When I see people marching against a candidate running for office in my country waving Mexican flags, it pizzes me off. Not that i have anything against Mexicans, I just think they need to stay the fk out out of the politics of MY country and focus on the travesty that passes for government in their own country. Fix your own problems and let us worry about ours. But then, my belief that Mexicans need to stay out of our election process probably just makes me a Mexicanophobe or member of the aryan brotherhood.
2016-04-30 12:17 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

So, in other words, Hillary has never said anything to incite violence at her rallies, and you just lied about it to try, once again, to make a false equivalence between your boy, who has made bigotry and sexism and violence a central part of his campaign, and the Democratic candidates who have done no such thing. He brought that violence on himself. You want to inspire violent racists to vote for you? That's what you're going to end up with . Trump has openly called for protestors at his rallies to be "roughed up" and even offered to pay the legal fees of people who attack protestors. Did you already forget incident where the Trump supporter punched the protestor? Listen, the conduct of these protestors is disgraceful, but it's just straight up dishonest to say that Hillary is "inciting riots".

ah, it makes sense now.  Blame the victim of violence.

Blame Trump for all violence that occurs by his followers and blame Trump for all violence that occurs against him and his supporters.  You truly crack me up some times.

Also, could you point out where i suggested Hillary is inciting riots?  It's her supporters that are inciting the riots and they didn't need to be told to because they are vile hate filled people already.  If anything I would bag on Hillary for not speaking out against the violence.

2016-04-30 12:36 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

So, in other words, Hillary has never said anything to incite violence at her rallies, and you just lied about it to try, once again, to make a false equivalence between your boy, who has made bigotry and sexism and violence a central part of his campaign, and the Democratic candidates who have done no such thing. He brought that violence on himself. You want to inspire violent racists to vote for you? That's what you're going to end up with . Trump has openly called for protestors at his rallies to be "roughed up" and even offered to pay the legal fees of people who attack protestors. Did you already forget incident where the Trump supporter punched the protestor? Listen, the conduct of these protestors is disgraceful, but it's just straight up dishonest to say that Hillary is "inciting riots".

Blame Trump for all violence that occurs by his followers and blame Trump for all violence that occurs against him and his supporters.  You truly crack me up some times.

Also, could you point out where i suggested Hillary is inciting riots?  It's her supporters that are inciting the riots and they didn't need to be told to because they are vile hate filled people already.  If anything I would bag on Hillary for not speaking out against the violence.

Oh, please, Tony. I bet that's the first time in history that anyone referred to Donald Trump as a victim. He's no victim. Why can't you see what EVERYONE else sees--that he's inciting this kind of reaction deliberately? Because, as mdg said, every time there's a riot outside one of his rallies, it further galvanizes the people that can't see through his smokescreen and hones.y believe that their way of life is under siege and further endears them to his cause. Luckily, the rest of America, democrat and republican, liberal and conservative, sees him for what he is, and that's why he's going to lose.

Honestly, there's a (very) small part of me that hopes he wins. If he does. He will, 100% turn out to be an unmitigated, catastrophic disaster, and no one will ever take the Republican Party seriously ever again. It'll take a decade or more for the conservative movement to reinvent itself as something else, and in the meantime, the Democrats will have a stranglehold on the White House.

2016-05-01 9:28 AM

User image

Pro
Tejas
" Why can't you see what EVERYONE else sees--that he's inciting this kind of reaction deliberately? Because, as mdg said, every time there's a riot outside one of his rallies, it further galvanizes the people that can't see through his smokescreen."

Uhh, no I didn't. I mean that it further galvanizes his support and adds new backers every time one of these riots is staged by his opponents. I can personally sympathize with his voters and feel saddened that they aren't allowed to peacefully assemble. Their civil rights are being violated every time someone has to push through a gauntlet of angry mobs that are spitting and calling them names. None of this violence would occur if these people would just allow their fellow Americans to attend rallies without interference. We don't have to agree with their political ideology but we do have to respect their 1A rights. When I see their rights being violated, I sympathize with them and as such, they have my full support. I still don't trust Trump, but I respect the rights of his voters just as I do those of Bernie of Hillary. If some neighbor asked me to join him to go taunt people entering a Hillary event, I'd tell him to pizz up a rope and sever all ties with him.

How does Tony take his kids to a Trump rally knowing full well they might be injured in some melee incited because there were protesters at the event? How can we get our kids interested in politics if we fear for their safety? This resembles ( to me anyway ) the same shiite the brownshirts pulled in 1930s Germany. And no, I didn't just call Democrats nazis.
2016-05-01 5:31 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Oh, please, Tony. I bet that's the first time in history that anyone referred to Donald Trump as a victim. He's no victim. Why can't you see what EVERYONE else sees--that he's inciting this kind of reaction deliberately? Because, as mdg said, every time there's a riot outside one of his rallies, it further galvanizes the people that can't see through his smokescreen and hones.y believe that their way of life is under siege and further endears them to his cause. Luckily, the rest of America, democrat and republican, liberal and conservative, sees him for what he is, and that's why he's going to lose. Honestly, there's a (very) small part of me that hopes he wins. If he does. He will, 100% turn out to be an unmitigated, catastrophic disaster, and no one will ever take the Republican Party seriously ever again. It'll take a decade or more for the conservative movement to reinvent itself as something else, and in the meantime, the Democrats will have a stranglehold on the White House.

So is it safe to say that you fully endorse and support the violence against Trump and his supporters?  I mean, he deserves it right.
What I don't understand is how you can be so bent out of shape from words that Trump has said, but sit back and defend actual physical violence and civil rights violations by your party.

2016-05-01 9:53 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

Oh, please, Tony. I bet that's the first time in history that anyone referred to Donald Trump as a victim. He's no victim. Why can't you see what EVERYONE else sees--that he's inciting this kind of reaction deliberately? Because, as mdg said, every time there's a riot outside one of his rallies, it further galvanizes the people that can't see through his smokescreen and hones.y believe that their way of life is under siege and further endears them to his cause. Luckily, the rest of America, democrat and republican, liberal and conservative, sees him for what he is, and that's why he's going to lose. Honestly, there's a (very) small part of me that hopes he wins. If he does. He will, 100% turn out to be an unmitigated, catastrophic disaster, and no one will ever take the Republican Party seriously ever again. It'll take a decade or more for the conservative movement to reinvent itself as something else, and in the meantime, the Democrats will have a stranglehold on the White House.

So is it safe to say that you fully endorse and support the violence against Trump and his supporters?  I mean, he deserves it right.
What I don't understand is how you can be so bent out of shape from words that Trump has said, but sit back and defend actual physical violence and civil rights violations by your party.

First of all, let's be clear--there's been no violence against Trump personally. He's far too big a coward to put himself personally in danger, but he's happy to incite violence knowing that his supporters, the cops who are doing their duty to protect him, etc, will be in the line of fire.
I don't support it or endorse it, but I understand where it's coming from, and so does Trump. You think he's not enjoying every minute of this? You honestly believe that this hasn't become part of his strategy? What did you think would happen when he advocated "roughing up" protestors or offered to pay the legal fees for his supporters that attack protestors?

I'm disgusted by the behavior of the protestors, especially the ones who turn on the cops. But part of what upsets me is that the protestors can't see that they're being used--played, just like his supporters are being used and played, while Trump plays out a game to satisfy his own ego at others' expense.

Edited by jmk-brooklyn 2016-05-01 10:17 PM
2016-05-01 10:16 PM

User image

Pro

Cleveland will burn.

2016-05-02 7:17 AM

User image

Pro
Tejas
Jonah, are you suggesting that Trump is the one inciting all the 'unrest' at these rallies? He's responsible for busing these people in to start fights and disrupt his own rallies? Or that his mere existence is the reason these people riot, block freeways and violate the civil rights of others, thus he is using them because they are too stupid not to protest? I'm not following your line of thought. You're a damn good writer and usually put your ideas in print, in ways that we can all understand your message. You've lost me on this one. All I'm getting is that you seem to be really irate. Please elaborate.

And Trump is somehow a coward because he won't jump in there and crack a few heads with the protesters? How would that play 24/7 on CNNMSNBCFOX?

Edited by mdg2003 2016-05-02 7:19 AM

2016-05-02 7:33 AM

User image

Pro
Tejas

Jonah, are you suggesting that Trump is the one inciting all the 'unrest' at these rallies? He's responsible for busing these people in to start fights and disrupt his own rallies? Or that his mere existence is the reason these people riot, block freeways and violate the civil rights of others, thus he is using them because they are too stupid not to protest? I'm not following your line of thought. You're a damn good writer and usually put your ideas in print, in ways that we can all understand your message. You've lost me on this one. All I'm getting is that you seem to be really irate. Please elaborate.

And Trump is somehow a coward because he won't jump in there and crack a few heads with the protesters? How would that play 24/7 on CNNMSNBCFOX?

The protesters are somehow the victims here? Help me Jonah. I don't get it.
2016-05-02 10:33 AM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

I never said the protestors are victims-- I agree with you that they're making a mockery of the process, reflecting poorly on their party, and costing their own cities unnecessary expense for riot control, etc. I fully support their right to protest peacefully-- they get to express they 1A rights also, but the violence is uncalled for and disgraceful. Full stop.

Trump has explicitly called for his supporters to attack protestors, though. I'm not making that up. A candidate for President of the United states actually said, "Maybe he should have been roughed up, because it was absolutely disgusting what he was doing." And he said repeatedly that he would advocate paying the legal fees for the supporter of his who sucker-punched a protestor.

Trump has made divisiveness and racism a central theme of his campaign-- again, whether explicit or not, it's undeniably there. We've discussed it ad nauseum on this thread already. it's not a coincidence that Trump supporters have set up armed demonstrations in front of Mosques, have chanted "Trump Trump Trump" at students from predominantly non-white schools, etc.

Is every Trump supporter a violent racist? No, of course not, but neither is every Clinton/Sanders supporter a violent demonstrator, so you can't have it both ways. Trump's message, implicitly or explicitly, has sent a clear tone to people on both sides that he intends to deepen the divide between races. That's why you have, as LB pointed out, people saying that Trump would "put black people back in their place" and "show them who's really in charge". People of color and American Muslims are legitimately frightened of what a Trump presidency would mean for them, and they are, from their POV, fighting back against what they see will be a regime that will place them as second-class citizens, if not discriminate against them outright.

ETA:
I don't personally think that's what Trump, as president, will do, because I think he'll be far too inept and ineffective to do much of anything, but I understand where peoples' concern is coming from.

Edited by jmk-brooklyn 2016-05-02 11:00 AM
2016-05-02 11:21 AM

User image

Pro
Tejas
Much better. Thank you.

I don't see Trump as quite the pointy hatted lad that you do, but I haven't really been following his antics closely enough to dispute your claims. I fear that with all of the negative attention he's received, whether real or trumped up, make him dead in the water on day one of a Trump presidency. The Democrats, Repubs and the press will be so far up his azz that he'd probably resign after a few months of not getting his way. I wouldn't worry about him getting around to taking away the civil rights of muslims or any other minority group of citizens and I seriously doubt he would even be able to effectively get the border under control, much less build a bigger fence. There won't be enough support for him to abuse the powers of the office enough to accomplish any of the stuff he's promised or even vaguely hinted at doing. . We'd basically have a three party system in play which would make for some really interesting political alliances!
2016-05-02 11:56 AM

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member

I never said the protestors are victims-- I agree with you that they're making a mockery of the process, reflecting poorly on their party, and costing their own cities unnecessary expense for riot control, etc. I fully support their right to protest peacefully-- they get to express they 1A rights also, but the violence is uncalled for and disgraceful. Full stop.

Trump has explicitly called for his supporters to attack protestors, though. I'm not making that up. A candidate for President of the United states actually said, "Maybe he should have been roughed up, because it was absolutely disgusting what he was doing." And he said repeatedly that he would advocate paying the legal fees for the supporter of his who sucker-punched a protestor.

Trump has made divisiveness and racism a central theme of his campaign-- again, whether explicit or not, it's undeniably there. We've discussed it ad nauseum on this thread already. it's not a coincidence that Trump supporters have set up armed demonstrations in front of Mosques, have chanted "Trump Trump Trump" at students from predominantly non-white schools, etc.

Is every Trump supporter a violent racist? No, of course not, but neither is every Clinton/Sanders supporter a violent demonstrator, so you can't have it both ways. Trump's message, implicitly or explicitly, has sent a clear tone to people on both sides that he intends to deepen the divide between races. That's why you have, as LB pointed out, people saying that Trump would "put black people back in their place" and "show them who's really in charge". People of color and American Muslims are legitimately frightened of what a Trump presidency would mean for them, and they are, from their POV, fighting back against what they see will be a regime that will place them as second-class citizens, if not discriminate against them outright.

ETA:
I don't personally think that's what Trump, as president, will do, because I think he'll be far too inept and ineffective to do much of anything, but I understand where peoples' concern is coming from.

Interestingly or ironically - I am not sure which - I read the latest posts here then opened my Yahoo News and saw this headline:

Fears of Trump drive immigrants to become citizens

MIAMI (AP) — On a recent Saturday morning in South Florida, 50-year-old Edgar Ospina stood in a long line of immigrants to take the first step to become an American.

Ospina has spent almost half his life in the U.S. after emigrating from his native Colombia, becoming eligible for citizenship in 1990. But with Donald Trump becoming a more likely presidential nominee by the day, Ospina decided to wait no more, rushing the paperwork required to become a citizen.

"Trump is dividing us as a country," said Ospina, owner of a small flooring and kitchen remodeling company. "He's so negative about immigrants. We've got to speak up."

Nationwide, immigrants like Ospina are among tens of thousands applying for naturalization in a year when immigration has taken center stage in the presidential campaign, especially in the race for the Republican nomination......

• ...Nationwide, naturalization applications are up 14 percent in the last six months of 2015 compared with the same period in 2014, according to the government.

• And the pool of future U.S. citizens is large. Nearly 9 million legal permanent residents, or green-card holders, are eligible to become Americans. Of those, about 4 million are Hispanic.....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fears-trump-drive-immigrants-become-citiz...

All Trump's talk and bluster may simply backfire after all....

2016-05-02 12:30 PM

User image

Champion
    Brooklyn, NY
    I wouldn't worry about him getting around to taking away the civil rights of muslims or any other minority group of citizens and I seriously doubt he would even be able to effectively get the border under control, much less build a bigger fence. There won't be enough support for him to abuse the powers of the office enough to accomplish any of the stuff he's promised or even vaguely hinted at doing.

I don't know if you posted this before or after I put the "ETA" part into my original post, but I said almost the exact same thing-- I agree with you completely.

2016-05-02 2:27 PM

User image

Pro
    Omaha, NE

Originally posted by mdg2003 I wouldn't worry about him getting around to taking away the civil rights of muslims or any other minority group of citizens and I seriously doubt he would even be able to effectively get the border under control, much less build a bigger fence. There won't be enough support for him to abuse the powers of the office enough to accomplish any of the stuff he's promised or even vaguely hinted at doing.
    I don't know if you posted this before or after I put the "ETA" part into my original post, but I said almost the exact same thing-- I agree with you completely.

First executive order... dissolve the congress
    Second executive order... dissolve the Supreme Court.
    hehe, just kidding

In all seriousness, I do still have faith in our system when it comes to the ultimate protection of civil rights.  It's not perfect, but it's the best in the world, IMHO.
    If Trump (or anyone else) does try and do something dumb that violates the civil rights of an individual or individuals our system will make it right.

I also don't have a lot of faith that the wall will get built or that muslims will be banned because he has to garner enough support for those things.  My support is more about wrecking shop on the current corrupt system to cut the fat cat strings of influence which I feel he can do effectively.  He can't stop it in Congress, but he can surely expose it which will make the cockroaches scatter.

2016-05-02 2:54 PM

User image

Champion
    Brooklyn, NY

Originally posted by mdg2003 I wouldn't worry about him getting around to taking away the civil rights of muslims or any other minority group of citizens and I seriously doubt he would even be able to effectively get the border under control, much less build a bigger fence. There won't be enough support for him to abuse the powers of the office enough to accomplish any of the stuff he's promised or even vaguely hinted at doing.

hehe, just kidding

In all seriousness, I do still have faith in our system when it comes to the ultimate protection of civil rights.  It's not perfect, but it's the best in the world, IMHO.
    If Trump (or anyone else) does try and do something dumb that violates the civil rights of an individual or individuals our system will make it right.

I also don't have a lot of faith that the wall will get built or that muslims will be banned because he has to garner enough support for those things.  My support is more about wrecking shop on the current corrupt system to cut the fat cat strings of influence which I feel he can do effectively.  He can't stop it in Congress, but he can surely expose it which will make the cockroaches scatter.

By "fat cats", I assume you mean, like, billionaire real estate developers who make deals under the table with state, local, and federal politicians to cut sweetheart financing deals, and circumvent environmental, financial, and other regulations? Those kinds of fat cats?

Yeah. I agree 100%. Those guys have to be stopped.

2016-05-02 3:03 PM
    in reply to: ejshowers

User image

Pro
    Tejas
    Originally posted by ejshowers

ETA:

Interestingly or ironically - I am not sure which - I read the latest posts here then opened my Yahoo News and saw this headline:

Fears of Trump drive immigrants to become citizens

MIAMI (AP) — On a recent Saturday morning in South Florida, 50-year-old Edgar Ospina stood in a long line of immigrants to take the first step to become an American.

Ospina has spent almost half his life in the U.S. after emigrating from his native Colombia, becoming eligible for citizenship in 1990. But with Donald Trump becoming a more likely presidential nominee by the day, Ospina decided to wait no more, rushing the paperwork required to become a citizen.

"Trump is dividing us as a country," said Ospina, owner of a small flooring and kitchen remodeling company. "He's so negative about immigrants. We've got to speak up."

Nationwide, immigrants like Ospina are among tens of thousands applying for naturalization in a year when immigration has taken center stage in the presidential campaign, especially in the race for the Republican nomination......

• ...Nationwide, naturalization applications are up 14 percent in the last six months of 2015 compared with the same period in 2014, according to the government.

• And the pool of future U.S. citizens is large. Nearly 9 million legal permanent residents, or green-card holders, are eligible to become Americans. Of those, about 4 million are Hispanic.....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fears-trump-drive-immigrants-become-citiz...

All Trump's talk and bluster may simply backfire after all....

How is this a backfire? Isn't that what everyone wants? To get these folks out of the shadows and into the mainstream American lifestyle? The only people that don't immigrants to ultimately become citizens are the ones who abuse them for cheap labor.
    2016-05-02 3:20 PM

User image

Pro
    Omaha, NE

hehe, just kidding

By "fat cats", I assume you mean, like, billionaire real estate developers who make deals under the table with state, local, and federal politicians to cut sweetheart financing deals, and circumvent environmental, financial, and other regulations? Those kinds of fat cats? Yeah. I agree 100%. Those guys have to be stopped.

I don't necessarily mind the fat cat realestate dudes, because their limit of influence is typically around getting permits approved.  The ones that kill me are the lobbyists for various industries that spend tens of millions of dollars to get people elected to rape the federal government from billions through stupid pork barrel spending.

Here's Trumps "buying" of Hillary as an example with donations to her various Senate campaigns:
    5/1/02 $1000
    3/23/05 $1000
    9/30/05 $900
    12/2/05 $1000
    11/1/06 $200
    11/12/07 $600
    11/9/09 $1700
    11/10/90 $2300 refund

I'm pretty sure I've given more money to our local senator than Trump has, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say he's not exactly buying much influence.

In total here's what he's given to everybody over the past 17 years:

Republicans

Democrats

1989-2011

$497,690

$581,350

2012-present

$463,450

$3,500

New Thread
    Other Resources The Political Joe » Trump Rss Feed  

of 40