General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Gear Donation Needed after IMWI Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-09-09 8:09 PM

Subject: Gear Donation Needed after IMWI
Dear Fellow Ironman Racers,
Good evening. My name is Lance and I am running Wisconsin for the 2nd time. My last time I completed the IMWI was in 2012. I, like a few others, are hoping for a solid race and a great time.

I am reaching out to you to ask for help. As you finish this weekend and are looking to get rid of your gear, please consider donating your used gear. Over the last two years, I helped create and fund a middle school triathlon program. We offer a fall and late winter program for our students to train between their regular sports. Our club has grown from a dozen to over 50 kids participating and loving the sport. A few have even raced during the summer on their own.

To help support these budding triathletes, I also look for donated gear to reduce the cost of the program. I am looking for swim caps, goggles, towels, gear bags, wetsuits, helmets, race belts, and maybe even a bike or two. I will consider anything.

I will be staying in Madison through Monday around 10 am. If you are interested in donating, please send me an email at [email protected]. I am staying downtown Madison and can meet you near the terrace.

Thank you for your consideration.

Lance

2015-09-10 8:30 AM
in reply to: #5139701

User image

Subject: RE: Gear Donation Needed after IMWI
I'm not doing IMWI, but I think this is a great idea and wouldn't mind giving. I've at least got multiple swim caps I could send in (never use them except on race day, and as long as I keep one from each race, assuming it's got a race logo, I'm good to go). Is there a website I can visit, or a physical address you can PM me that I can ship to? I live in the Kansas City MO area, so if you're ever down this way shoot me a PM and I can meet up with you with some swim caps. I'm doing the Border Wars HIM in Alton, IL on October 4th, so if you're at that race we can meet up there (I don't know if that date conflicts with IMWI or not).
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Gear Donation Needed after IMWI Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

I need a gear!!!

Started by kruse000
Views: 595 Posts: 3

2009-09-02 6:09 AM gearboy

New & needing some gear...

Started by drew32apk
Views: 1294 Posts: 19

2009-01-03 12:59 AM matthewryan6

We're looking for gear donations

Started by the bear
Views: 873 Posts: 1

2008-01-11 2:25 PM the bear

Bike gear question - need to ID

Started by cobannero
Views: 671 Posts: 8

2007-04-06 9:02 AM Redline1

Need advise on Winter Gear

Started by Abby
Views: 700 Posts: 2

2004-10-31 1:32 PM athena
RELATED ARTICLES
date : July 29, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 3
Third in a series of three articles about the basics, the niceties and the luxuries

date : June 29, 2011
comments : 4
Second in a series of three articles about the basics, the niceties and the luxuries
date : May 19, 2011
comments : 3
First in a series of three articles about the basics, the niceties and the luxuries

date : April 12, 2011
author : FitWerx
comments : 0
How should I be shifting gears on the front chainring and the rear cogs to cope with hills?
date : July 14, 2008
author : Birkierunner
comments : 2
Watch the highlights and tips of this years IMWI BT mini-camp put on by Birkierunner.

date : June 11, 2007
author : TriDDS
comments : 0
If you would have told me that I would want to train over ten hours a week for a race that can last up to 17 hours, I would have laughed. But somehow, my ACL injury has refocused my outlook on life.