Originally posted by tuwood

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn

Originally posted by dmiller5

Obviously only one poll, but Bernie has been steadily trending closer to Hillary in IA and leading fairly substantially in NH.
http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/poll-neck-neck-2016-races-iowa-new-hampshire-n493361

I would say he has Trump to thank because his attacks on Hillary and Bill the last couple weeks have been pretty effective. 

What do you think about Trump's new tack of attacking Bill Clinton and the Clinton's marriage? I also wondered what you thought of Trump's latest birther strategy that he's aimed at Cruz? Clearly the birther strategy didn't work against Obama, and I'm not sure why he thinks it'll work against Cruz. Likewise, if we're going to talk about dysfunctional marriages and infidelity, Trumps' living in about as big a glass house as there is on that score. He had a very public affair with wife #2 while still married to wife #1, and knocked up wife #2 before they were married.

As for his strategy on the Clinton's it's the most brilliant political move I've ever seen.  Hillary brought out Bill because he was her secret weapon and she's running on the "war on women" motif.  Trump completely destroyed her by pointing out the fact that she has covered for a sexual predator and attacked his victims her entire marriage and it stuck.  If you'll notice we're no longer seeing Bill on the campaign trail and Bernie's surging in the polls.

As for the Birther stuff on Cruz, it's actually a lot different than the Obama stuff.  With Obama people were accusing him of being born in Kenya but there was no proof of it, and he ultimately released his Birth Certificate which proved that he was born on US soil.  With Cruz, there's no question that he wasn't born on US soil  which raises a legitimate legal question that's never been tested.
Personally, I thought it was a little odd to go after him in that way but Trump has done it in a subtle enough way "you know he might have an issue with being born in canada" that lets the press and everyone else jump in and do the dirty work.
Even McCain jumped in suggesting that it will be a problem and there's no question the Democrats will go hog wild trying to get an activist court to make Cruz ineligible (after he gets the nomination of course) so I do see it as a legitimate issue to be vetted out in the primary process.

Now legally speaking I'm obviously not a lawyer, but I read a really good opinion piece several years ago when Obama was the subject matter.  It basically opined that you are either a natural born citizen or a naturalized citizen (received citizenship at some point after birth) and it doesn't matter where you're physically born.  It made a lot of sense to me, so I suspect Cruz ultimately won't have an eligibility issue.

Ted Cruz' citizenship status was based on his mother being a US citizen.  There is evidence that she appeared on a Canadian voter list.  If so, then she would have by default lost her American citizenship.  Since Cruz was never naturalized, because he was thought to be a citizen, this could potentially mean he is not a citizen.  In fact, he would be an illegal alien.

wonder if they will remove him from the senate and deport him

So the hypocrisy of criticizing infidelity in another persons marriage while having been unfaithful his whole married life doesn't trouble you?

I'm guessing that was directed at me.

Infidelity isn't the issue.  Being married to and covering for a sexual predator is the issue.

Sexual predator is a awfully strong, don't you think? I'm asking you about the issue of infidelity. Trumps proclivities don't trouble you? As a devout Christian, one who's been pretty outspoken about some other moral issues in the past, you have no issue with a guy who's been openly unfaithful to his wife and fathered at least one child out of wedlock being president?

I think it's quite accurate for Clinton.  Remember, his escapades happened in the era where there wasn't much attention towards sexual assaults and victims were rarely believed and DNA wasn't available.  If Clinton were to do what he did today he would be in jail and a registered sex offender.  The only way he's not a sexual predator is if his multiple victims were making it up.  If there was only one or even two, then I would give him the benefit of the doubt, but when there are multiple examples over many years it's a pattern.  He certainly has had many consensual extramarital relationships as well, which I really don't have a problem with but the non-consensual and positional abuse ones are a big problem.
http://www.albertpeia.com/oxfordassault.htm  (some light reading)

As for judging Trump for infidelity, it's quite honestly very low on my list of qualifications.  I believe that a man commits adultery even if he looks upon another woman with lust in his eyes, so I'm going to guarantee you that every person running is an adulterer from a Biblical sense (as am I).

As you mentioned, I feel very strongly about many moral issues and I do everything I can to try and overcome them personally and encourage others to do so as well.  However, I don't sit back and judge others based on their moral shortcomings as I perceive them.  I have no problem at all voting for a gay person, a polygamist, or an Atheist.  We're not a theocracy so religious credentials aren't high on my list of presidential qualifiers.  I do appreciate a solid moral character and take it into account, but I don't hold it higher than economic strategy or tax policy as an example.

The use of the term "sexual predator" when describing Bill Clinton's dalliances is yet another example of GOP overreach and poor decision-making at "GOP Central" in my opinion. It reminds me of the GOP's failures in '08 and '12. "Okay, how do we beat Obama? Let's smear him. He's a Muslim! Yes, honest to God, that was a strategy. One that an overwhelming majority of Republicans bought, hook, line and sinker. The GOP could have nipped that in the bud, but no, they went for the most cockamamie story they could throw out to their most rabid on the Right. Yes, it rallied the base, but the GOP base is a minority in this country. Rather than realizing the base was secured, they made themselves look silly...overreach. Oh well they said, let's besmirch his rep by making it appear he was buddy buddy with Bill Ayers and Jeremiah Wright. He Hates America! Riiight. It didn't work. Overreach. In '04 they didn't overreach by labeling Kerry as a flip-flopper. It was accurate. The ads they used were very effective 3 years post-9/11. Remember the wolf lurking in the woods? That ad, and the fairly credible attack ads against Kerry (which didn't overreach) worked brilliantly. Remember, Clinton lost to Obama in '08 not because of attacks on Bill...she lost because Obama more effectively communicated his message to the American people. As for Bernie, he's too far left for my taste. I would prefer Hillary over Bernie.

That's not a GOP thing, that's a tuwood thing.  I work with and counsel both perpetrators and victims of sexual abuse.  Bill Clinton is a sexual predator.  He just happened to do it in a time where it was still cool to abuse women and then question/degrade them when they dared bring it to the authorities.

Fortunately our society has changed drastically from the 80's and 90's where we actually believe the victims of sexual abuse and don't trash them.  The only way he's not a sexual predator is if all of his victims are lying.  If you believe that, then I can't help you.

That being said, Bill isn't running for President so his sexual acts (consenting or otherwise) aren't necessarily important to Hillary.  However, the way she acted towards those victims is very much in play and it's extremely hypocritical of her to claim to be a champion of women when she has a track record of destroying them when it came to Bill's victims.

2016-02-06 5:14 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Elite
Subject: RE: Bernie Sanders Thread
Interesting...I was not aware of Bill Clinton being found guilty of what you are stating as fact.
To then question Hillary Clinton's commitment to improving the status of women in our country is (like I stated earlier) a road that will likely end quite the same way '08 and '12 ended, with the GOP in defeat.

• ..and correction, it was both a "GOP thing, " and a "tuwood thing."

• It has so little to do with the 2016 election it's laughable.
    I would find it just as ridiculous if the Dems brought up Trump's dalliances.
    And, perhaps it should be noted in the Trump thread, but I still think the whole "Megan Kelly, blood" uproar was ridiculous. In my opinion he was not referencing menstrual blood. I'd be the first to laugh at an inappropriate, sophomoric attempt at humor, but it wasn't that. The sad thing is, politics become a sideshow in which just about everything that shouldn't matter overpowers what does matter, which is issues, and how likely the candidate is to follow through on their stances on the issues.

2016-02-06 6:10 PM
    in reply to: ChineseDemocracy

User image

Pro
    Omaha, NE

Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy Interesting...I was not aware of Bill Clinton being found guilty of what you are stating as fact. To then question Hillary Clinton's commitment to improving the status of women in our country is (like I stated earlier) a road that will likely end quite the same way '08 and '12 ended, with the GOP in defeat. ...and correction, it was both a "GOP thing, " and a "tuwood thing." It has so little to do with the 2016 election it's laughable. I would find it just as ridiculous if the Dems brought up Trump's dalliances. And, perhaps it should be noted in the Trump thread, but I still think the whole "Megan Kelly, blood" uproar was ridiculous. In my opinion he was not referencing menstrual blood. I'd be the first to laugh at an inappropriate, sophomoric attempt at humor, but it wasn't that. The sad thing is, politics become a sideshow in which just about everything that shouldn't matter overpowers what does matter, which is issues, and how likely the candidate is to follow through on their stances on the issues.

So what you're saying is that his victims are liars?  Because the only way he didn't do it is for them to be liars.
    If you want to believe that he's innocent then go right ahead.  I will not and it has nothing to do with politics because Bill isn't running.

We shall see on the election, but I think you are a little over confident after the last two elections.  

2016-02-06 7:00 PM

User image

Elite

Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy Interesting...I was not aware of Bill Clinton being found guilty of what you are stating as fact. To then question Hillary Clinton's commitment to improving the status of women in our country is (like I stated earlier) a road that will likely end quite the same way '08 and '12 ended, with the GOP in defeat. ...and correction, it was both a "GOP thing, " and a "tuwood thing." It has so little to do with the 2016 election it's laughable. I would find it just as ridiculous if the Dems brought up Trump's dalliances. And, perhaps it should be noted in the Trump thread, but I still think the whole "Megan Kelly, blood" uproar was ridiculous. In my opinion he was not referencing menstrual blood. I'd be the first to laugh at an inappropriate, sophomoric attempt at humor, but it wasn't that. The sad thing is, politics become a sideshow in which just about everything that shouldn't matter overpowers what does matter, which is issues, and how likely the candidate is to follow through on their stances on the issues.

So what you're saying is that his victims are liars?  Because the only way he didn't do it is for them to be liars.
    If you want to believe that he's innocent then go right ahead.  I will not and it has nothing to do with politics because Bill isn't running.

We shall see on the election, but I think you are a little over confident after the last two elections.  

Tony, you're a smart guy. If you can't see the gray (cue the 50 shades joke here), between the black and white, I think you're missing something.
    No, I didn't say the victims are liars, and I didn't say Bill was guilty...or innocent.
    I have no idea as to what happened there. It has zero bearing on an election in which he isn't even running for office.
    I'll stick to my guns that bringing it up will absolutely sully the GOP nominee who is dumb enough to try and use it against Hillary.

btw, I am REALLY not overconfident. I know I haven't posted a lot in the past couple years. But I am pretty consistent with my posts. I've said it before and I'll say it again, personality is underrated in presidential elections. Charisma and presence...the "intangibles" are HUGE!
    Up to now (including the '08 Dem nom. race) I haven't seen it from Hillary.
    Love him or hate him, Obama had/has it.
    W's was higher than Kerry's or Gore's. Clinton had it. Bush One had it over Dukakis. Reagan had it.
    It's not rocket science.
    Who connects with the voter? he or she who connects/resonates more, wins. (almost regardless of issues)
    The postive Hillary has is that the only candidate in the GOP with charisma is Trump...and I think you'd agree he'd have a hard time in a general election.
    If Rubio can make it out of the GOP Convention with the nomination, I think he could be the favorite going into the general election...if he can develop a charismatic presence, which thus far hasn't shown itself.
    The debate tonight (New Hampshire) is a huge night for Rubio.

btw, Bernie just nudged me in the ribs, he's gesticulating with his hands wildly exclaiming, "This is the Bernie Sanders thread, right? Well, let's get on with some Bernie Sanders talk!"

While I appreciate what Bernie wants to do to help the "non-elite," I think it's a bit too radical for my taste.

2016-02-09 9:28 PM
    in reply to: 0

User image

I'm with ya CD!! 

Go Bernie!! 

The Band is getting back together for this!!

Edited to add

Son of a Bill Clinton Booty call, Trump has "this" playing at his acceptance speech!

Edited by crusevegas 2016-02-09 9:41 PM
    2016-02-09 10:19 PM
    in reply to: crusevegas

User image

Pro

Or.......we could look at it as the state that was home to the wackos who gave Trump the nod also gave it to Bernie.......cue the same wackos.

2016-02-09 10:30 PM
    in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Hey LB,

I think we've passed the point of no return, 20 T in debt, no sign on the horizon that doubling our debt ever 8 years will stop. I don't think it makes any difference who is in office. We are headed to self destruction. I think those who want more of what drives the debt higher are in control and we can't do a dam thing about it. 

Costa Rica is pretty. 

2016-02-10 6:43 AM

User image

Pro
    Omaha, NE

Originally posted by crusevegas

Hey LB,

I think we've passed the point of no return, 20 T in debt, no sign on the horizon that doubling our debt ever 8 years will stop. I don't think it makes any difference who is in office. We are headed to self destruction. I think those who want more of what drives the debt higher are in control and we can't do a dam thing about it. 

Costa Rica is pretty. 

My accountant was just talking to me this week about Costa Rica.  He has quite a few clients moving down there.  lol

I get why people think Trump can't win, but it's even funnier when people think Bernie could win in the general.  That guy is certifiably crazy.  Sure he has a bunch of groupie fans who want everything free, but eventually he has to explain what it's going to cost and the adults in the room will prevail.  I kind of hope he does get the nomination, but I still can't figure out who is a worse candidate between him and Hillary.  They're both so bad.  

What's even funnier is the Democrats know Bernie can't win so they're looking for ways to get Biden and/or Bloomberg to run.

2016-02-10 8:23 AM

User image

Pro

Hey LB,

Costa Rica is pretty. 

Oh, we're on the same page.  I think I'll just vote for Trump and at least have some good laughs while the whole deal gets flushed down the drain.

2016-02-10 1:26 PM

User image

Pro
    Tejas

Hey LB,

Costa Rica is pretty. 

My accountant was just talking to me this week about Costa Rica.  He has quite a few clients moving down there.  lol

I get why people think Trump can't win, but it's even funnier when people think Bernie could win in the general.  That guy is certifiably crazy.  Sure he has a bunch of groupie fans who want everything free, but eventually he has to explain what it's going to cost and the adults in the room will prevail.  I kind of hope he does get the nomination, but I still can't figure out who is a worse candidate between him and Hillary.  They're both so bad.  

What's even funnier is the Democrats know Bernie can't win so they're looking for ways to get Biden and/or Bloomberg to run.

Looks like Bernie didn't really win NH. http://www.cnn.com/election/primaries/states/nh/Dem

CNN shows it an actual tie, while I've even seen some sites giving Hillary more NH delegates because of the super delegates pledging to her. We the people are getting hosed by both political parties. Maybe Bernie is right that it's time for a revolution.
    2016-02-10 1:56 PM
    in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Pro
    Omaha, NE

Originally posted by mdg2003

Hey LB,

Costa Rica is pretty. 

Looks like Bernie didn't really win NH. http://www.cnn.com/election/primaries/states/nh/DemCNN shows it an actual tie, while I've even seen some sites giving Hillary more NH delegates because of the super delegates pledging to her. We the people are getting hosed by both political parties. Maybe Bernie is right that it's time for a revolution.

I remember when the Republicans were going nuts with the talk of a brokered convention giving and establishment chump the nomination.  Could you imagine the mess if they still handed the nomination to Hillary after Bernie being the clear winner nationally. 

I read an interesting article a while back that really put the nomination process in a new light for me.  It's not a democratic process at all, the political party is just responsible for nominating their candidate.  They go through the motions of having caucuses and primaries to get a pulse of the people but ultimately they can nominate whoever they want.  Now obviously there would be hell to pay if they did, but there's nothing illegal or un-democratic about it.  The democratic process part starts in the general election.

2016-02-10 2:06 PM

User image

Champion
    Brooklyn, NY

Hey LB,

Costa Rica is pretty. 

Looks like Bernie didn't really win NH. http://www.cnn.com/election/primaries/states/nh/Dem

CNN shows it an actual tie, while I've even seen some sites giving Hillary more NH delegates because of the super delegates pledging to her. We the people are getting hosed by both political parties. Maybe Bernie is right that it's time for a revolution.

But if Hillary is supposedly the "establishment candidate" why would it make sense for the Democrats to make it look as though Bernie won? I think most people think that he's the less-electable of the two Democrat candidates.
    2016-02-10 2:23 PM
    in reply to: jmk-brooklyn

User image

Pro
    Omaha, NE

Hey LB,

Costa Rica is pretty. 

Looks like Bernie didn't really win NH. http://www.cnn.com/election/primaries/states/nh/DemCNN shows it an actual tie, while I've even seen some sites giving Hillary more NH delegates because of the super delegates pledging to her. We the people are getting hosed by both political parties. Maybe Bernie is right that it's time for a revolution.
    But if Hillary is supposedly the "establishment candidate" why would it make sense for the Democrats to make it look as though Bernie won? I think most people think that he's the less-electable of the two Democrat candidates.

As soon as I start to understand these primaries I realize I really have no idea.  lol

2016-02-10 3:16 PM

User image

Elite
    If you guys like to laugh, just google "Triumph Insult Comic Dog Democrat"

Triumph is backstage at one of the Democratic debates and it is absolutely hilarious.
    (appropriate for mid-teens and above).
    Enjoy.

2016-02-10 3:45 PM
    in reply to: jmk-brooklyn

User image

Pro
    Tejas

Hey LB,

Costa Rica is pretty. 

The Democrats ARE making it look as though Bernie won, though the actual delegate count does not reflect a victory. The actual delegate count seems to be so well hidden that I don't think Fox is even running a story. Seems like that would be headline news that a candidate won a landslide victory in NH, yet he didn't pick up the delegates to represent said victory. He won the primary, but the party gave the victory to Hillary. They really don't want that nasty bit of political douchbaggery running on page one and it isn't.
    2016-02-10 5:35 PM

User image

I'm a little confused, Bernie got got more than 3 votes to Hillary's 2 and she got more delegates out of NH than he did? 

If someone could, using very small understandable words, explain this to me?

2016-02-10 6:29 PM

User image

Pro
    Tejas
    Google super delegates. Seems they aren't beholden to the will of the people. They are accountable to the DNC and will pledge as directed, regardless of the vote count. NBC has it 15 to 14 in favor of Sanders. CNN shows them tied and other sites show Clinton getting the edge. I wonder what the actual count is?
    2016-02-10 6:53 PM

User image

Pro
    Omaha, NE

Hey LB,

Costa Rica is pretty. 

The Democrats ARE making it look as though Bernie won, though the actual delegate count does not reflect a victory. The actual delegate count seems to be so well hidden that I don't think Fox is even running a story. Seems like that would be headline news that a candidate won a landslide victory in NH, yet he didn't pick up the delegates to represent said victory. He won the primary, but the party gave the victory to Hillary. They really don't want that nasty bit of political douchbaggery running on page one and it isn't.

This would be headline news to any of Bernie's supporters.  It's almost like the media is controlled by a certain political party.  hmm  ;-)

I know there's been a lot of bagging on the Republican clown show this primary season, but I have a sneaky feeling the Democrats are going to upstage them in a big way.  Act 2 and 3 haven't even shown up yet (Biden/Bloomberg).

There's an obvious divide in the Republican party, but I feel the divide in the Democratic party is every bit as big or possibly bigger.

2016-02-10 7:06 PM

User image

Pro
    Tejas
    Yeah. No way they let Sanders win the nomination. All the rinos would need to do is simply play a continuous loop of ole Bern stating that he is a Socialist. Nothing else would be needed. The fence sitter sees that and common sense sends them to vote republican or not vote at all. Landslide V for the repubs. I still believe we will see Biden or Kerry ride in on a white stallion to save the day. Bloomberg? I don't see him gaining enough traction to win more than NY and maybe a few other east coast states. My money is still on Biden.
    2016-02-10 7:29 PM

User image

Elite

Hey LB,

Costa Rica is pretty. 

This would be headline news to any of Bernie's supporters.  It's almost like the media is controlled by a certain political party.  hmm  ;-)

I know there's been a lot of bagging on the Republican clown show this primary season, but I have a sneaky feeling the Democrats are going to upstage them in a big way.  Act 2 and 3 haven't even shown up yet (Biden/Bloomberg).

There's an obvious divide in the Republican party, but I feel the divide in the Democratic party is every bit as big or possibly bigger.

Wait a minute...the statement was made that the "media is controlled by a certain political party." If that was the case, why on Earth wouldn't they be pro-Sanders, who is further Left than Hillary?
    Perhaps the Palin crowd and folks on the Right should be commending the mainstream media for not being as far Left as they thought it was?? Just a thought.

Sorry, I don't see the clown show coming to the DNC. Sanders is not electable in a general election in my opinion.
    It is extremely unlikely Biden gets in. Biden only enters if Hillary has some life-threatening issue arise...and even then, it's not a certainty he'd enter.
    Bloomberg's keeping his name in the news in case something were to happen to Hillary and Biden didn't enter. There's really not much drama there.

Bottom line, get ready for Hillary vs. (insert candidate who emerges from what will likely be a contested or brokered convention).

2016-02-10 8:04 PM

User image

Pro
    Omaha, NE

Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy

Hey LB,

Costa Rica is pretty. 

Wait a minute...the statement was made that the "media is controlled by a certain political party." If that was the case, why on Earth wouldn't they be pro-Sanders, who is further Left than Hillary? Perhaps the Palin crowd and folks on the Right should be commending the mainstream media for not being as far Left as they thought it was?? Just a thought. Sorry, I don't see the clown show coming to the DNC. Sanders is not electable in a general election in my opinion. It is extremely unlikely Biden gets in. Biden only enters if Hillary has some life-threatening issue arise...and even then, it's not a certainty he'd enter. Bloomberg's keeping his name in the news in case something were to happen to Hillary and Biden didn't enter. There's really not much drama there. Bottom line, get ready for Hillary vs. (insert candidate who emerges from what will likely be a contested or brokered convention).

You mean like getting shanked in the prison yard?  (sorry, couldn't resist)

I do agree that Bernie isn't electable, but unless the Democratic party steals it away from him it's looking more and more like she's not going to win.  Seriously 60% to 40% in NH?   Bernie has pulled even with her nationally and his momentum appears to be continuing upwards.
    I honestly think Bernie would be a bigger threat in the general than Hillary because she is an extremely damaged establishment candidate.  She will be toast no matter who wins from the RNC.

As for the media, it's the uniparty establishment who owns them.  Bush/Clinton types and the big money donors who coronate them are the ones in control.  Love or hate Trump, he single handedly exposed that even Fox News is in bed with the machine.  This is the reason why outsiders such as Trump and Sanders have a very tough time getting a fair shake no matter who the media is.

2016-02-10 9:48 PM
    in reply to: #5139856

User image

Elite
    As far from perfect Hillary is, you can't deny that come general election time, no matter who the GOP decides will be their candidate (and yes, it is far more likely the GOP will nominate a candidate who did not have the most votes in their primaries/caucuses), there still are more Ds than Rs.

Trump? Cruz? Carson? If you think Sanders is unelectable, those are names even more unelectable...and the RNC knows it.
    Short of an unexpected war, tragedy, and/or economic calamity, those candidates would get drubbed in a general election.

Between Bush, Rubio, and Kasich, two of them need to bow out soon to give the Rs a chance in the general. Who is on pace to gather the most prim./caucus votes? Trump. The fellow who just dropped the P word at a rally in NH. Do you really think he'll get the votes at a contested convention? And, if he does, ya really think he beats Hillary?

2016-02-10 10:07 PM

User image

Pro
    Omaha, NE

Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy As far from perfect Hillary is, you can't deny that come general election time, no matter who the GOP decides will be their candidate (and yes, it is far more likely the GOP will nominate a candidate who did not have the most votes in their primaries/caucuses), there still are more Ds than Rs. Trump? Cruz? Carson? If you think Sanders is unelectable, those are names even more unelectable...and the RNC knows it. Short of an unexpected war, tragedy, and/or economic calamity, those candidates would get drubbed in a general election. Between Bush, Rubio, and Kasich, two of them need to bow out soon to give the Rs a chance in the general. Who is on pace to gather the most prim./caucus votes? Trump. The fellow who just dropped the P word at a rally in NH. Do you really think he'll get the votes at a contested convention? And, if he does, ya really think he beats Hillary?

I really wish you lived closer, I'd love to bet a lunch on this one with you.

It's a stretch to say that there are more D's than R's.  You are technically correct, but it's like 29%/31%/30% R/D/I with a large majority of the I's leaning Republican.  (last gallup poll I saw)
    Obama ran as a centrist, but he turned out to be a hard core leftist.  America is not hard core left, we are far more centered with the rabbit conservative/liberals out on the edges.  The D's have ticked off the very electorate that they depend on and they won't be fooled again.
    Trump is by far the most electable candidate the R's can put forth because he's the most centrist/liberal on social issues the R's have out there.  I love that for years you guys have told the Republicans exactly what kind of candidate they need.  Then when you get one it's all about how horrible and unelectable he is???

America is sick and tired of political correctness.  That's a left wing thing that ticks off regular folks.  Trump saying the P word is no different than the language that 90% of americans use.  Oh, he needs to be "presidential"?? Um, I'm sick and tired of presidents that are "presidential".  We need somebody to come in and wreck shop.  Hence, Trump's massive support.  

The only way Trump doesn't get the nomination is if he loses in the delegate count.  There is zero chance of a brokered convention.  zero zip nada

2016-02-11 1:07 AM
    in reply to: #5166539

User image

Extreme Veteran
    Sterling
    Socialism is great until the people you are taking the money from, in fact, run out of money...
    2016-02-11 8:31 AM
    in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
    Brooklyn, NY

Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy As far from perfect Hillary is, you can't deny that come general election time, no matter who the GOP decides will be their candidate (and yes, it is far more likely the GOP will nominate a candidate who did not have the most votes in their primaries/caucuses), there still are more Ds than Rs. Trump? Cruz? Carson? If you think Sanders is unelectable, those are names even more unelectable...and the RNC knows it. Short of an unexpected war, tragedy, and/or economic calamity, those candidates would get drubbed in a general election. Between Bush, Rubio, and Kasich, two of them need to bow out soon to give the Rs a chance in the general. Who is on pace to gather the most prim./caucus votes? Trump. The fellow who just dropped the P word at a rally in NH. Do you really think he'll get the votes at a contested convention? And, if he does, ya really think he beats Hillary?

America is sick and tired of political correctness.  That's a left wing thing that ticks off regular folks.  

And, by "regular folks" I guess we can assume that you mean "white Christian folks" like you? I'm pretty sure women and minorities aren't tired of not being insulted on a daily basis. (And spare us the "I used to be poor, which is the same as being black" story. It's nonsense that's insulting to anyone who's ACTUALLY been the victim of discrimination.)

Edited by jmk-brooklyn 2016-02-11 8:33 AM

(PC.jpg)

Attachments
    ----------------
    PC.jpg (100KB - 4 downloads)
    New Thread
    Other Resources The Political Joe » Bernie Sanders Thread Rss Feed  

of 8

RELATED POSTS

So much to discuss; and so little threads.... Pages: 1 2

Started by jeffnboise
    Views: 3573 Posts: 30