General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Triathlon Olympic in one year, Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-09-16 3:15 PM

User image

Subject: Triathlon Olympic in one year,
Hello,

I just finish a duathlon Olympic last week, it as super! Now I think I will train to do a Triathlon next year.
I want train around 5 day weeks. I don't think is time to start a traning plan now? Because the triathlon is in one year.
By the way I live in Montreal so I got cold and snow in winter... My big question is what to do for the next couple monts???
I have a access to a treadmill a spinning bike, i want go the swimming pool couple morning a week after Christmas and I wante do body training maybe to.
What is your suggestion to train before the next summer? When the spring start I will start a real Triathlon like I saw on this site. But for the fall what you suggest I do?

I think I can go to works in bike more often I can run 3-4 time a week and maybe ad a gym session or 2 by weeks
If I run do think is time to try improve my speed?
For the bike I find the tuffer parts of my duathlon so this I'm better do more distance? Beffor my events i juste did 500km this summer....

Thanks in advance

2015-09-20 1:50 AM
in reply to: eriled

User image

Extreme Veteran
Langley, BC, 'Wet Coast' Canada
Subject: RE: Triathlon Olympic in one year,
Hi, and welcome to BT
I would post this question to the main Triathlon forum to get more views and some good feedback.Perhaps add a bit more about your experience - Strengths? Weaknesses? Times at various sports/distances.
Good luck with your training!

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Triathlon Olympic in one year, Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

One Year of Running + One Tri Attempted

Started by forestplay
Views: 837 Posts: 3

2013-12-04 7:17 AM SmallTriGirl

Olympic next year!

Started by dlkincaid
Views: 651 Posts: 2

2012-10-24 8:09 AM Ron

First Olympic this year

Started by dtchem1
Views: 907 Posts: 4

2012-06-08 3:08 AM TriAya

One year tobacco-free...ready to tri.

Started by kenj711
Views: 2053 Posts: 15

2011-01-08 12:59 AM shrevemaintenance

I want to race my first IM for my 60th BDay - in one year

Started by maryc2010
Views: 743 Posts: 2

2009-04-28 4:15 PM newleaf
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 31, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 2
For most people, there is a story in how they came to the sport as beginners. Some of the most inspiring of those beginner tales begin with health scares.

date : August 2, 2010
author : HerveB
comments : 8
I looked at the swim buoys and start thinking, "Man! How am I ever going to swim that? That looks like a very long distance from the bridge. I have never done it in one go." There's no turning back.
date : February 23, 2009
author : mat steinmetz
comments : 0
I will be 20 this summer and am planning on doing Ironman Montreal. This will be my first year of triathlon, can I do this and stay away from injuries?

date : October 20, 2008
author : araqnid
After doing duathlons for the last couple of years, I decided to go for a triathlon. Starting with an Olympic-distance race perhaps wasn't wise, but it was fun (of a sort).
date : October 11, 2007
comments : 1
Is one month enough time to recover from my first marathon to go and do my first olympic tri? My alternative options are to do the 1/2 marathon and then do the olympic.

date : June 23, 2006
author : Team BT
One Arm Dumbbell Row strength exercise instruction with picture and video.
date : August 30, 2004
author : Ron
A couch to olympic triathlon training program. These programs will take you from a walk/run program, to a sprint, then to an olympic.

date : August 29, 2004
author : Ron
comments : 2
Program outline of the 16 and 20 week olympic triathlon training plans.