General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Diagnosed for ankle fracture! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-09-29 3:47 AM

User image

Subject: Diagnosed for ankle fracture!
Hi,
Recently diagnosed for ankle fracture and had my treatment at a natural health care centre at Toronto called Pinewood http://www.pinewoodhealth.ca/. The treatment went fine and recovering well. I want to start my routine workouts, but I’m really worried if that will affect my ankle again. Yesterday when I tried jogging, I was feeling uncomfortable with the ankle. So my doubt is that how far will it take to restart my routine workouts? Does anyone here have diagnosed for the same?

2015-10-05 1:57 PM
in reply to: Hortone232

User image

Champion
Philly 'burbs
Subject: RE: Diagnosed for ankle fracture!

I fractured my ankle in May. It was a Weber type A fracture of the medial malleolus. I was  in a boot for 6 weeks, followed by 5 weeks of Physical Therapy,followed by a gradual return to running with a lightweight figure 8 lace-up brace during which time I continued home PT. I started running without the brace about 6 weeks ago, or about 15 weeks post injury. This was all under the direction of medical professionals. What did the folks at Pinewood  tell you about  a return to running?

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Diagnosed for ankle fracture! Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Ankle pain - Confirmed not a stress fracture

Started by TheClaaaw
Views: 973 Posts: 1

2012-03-02 11:39 AM TheClaaaw

running and post traumatic arthritis due to trimalleolar fracture in ankle

Started by scut207
Views: 6216 Posts: 3

2010-11-03 3:35 PM scut207

Knees, shins and ankles ....shins and ankles

Started by Itrithere4iam
Views: 951 Posts: 4

2007-02-27 8:23 PM GulfCoastSwimmer

Diagnosed with an inflamed rotator cuff

Started by tall_tri_dad
Views: 934 Posts: 4

2005-07-08 8:06 PM Dr Hammer

Ankle Fracture Recommendations?

Started by ETcmh
Views: 1456 Posts: 9

2005-02-08 10:03 PM MinnesotaBrian
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 23, 2012
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
Suggestions for other activities to do while recovering from a stress fracture.

date : May 9, 2011
Stress fractures are one of the most feared injuries in the realm of endurance sports and they are also one of the most common sidelining injuries that such athletes face.
date : June 25, 2010
comments : 1
I did more therapy, more stretches, more exercises and stopped running for over six months. I am just coming back to triathlon after a year off due to this ankle injury.

date : May 25, 2009
In the fall I was running on some trails and rolled my ankle pretty bad. I took a few weeks off from running and let it heal. Every so often, my ankle feels swollen, or off.
date : April 14, 2008
A few years ago, I was diagnosed with two lumbar herniated discs (L1-L2). I have started a very slow build towards my first tri. Are there any recommendations or warnings I should heed?

date : March 6, 2008
Hip pain in an athlete involves a wide range of possible diagnoses. Furthermore, people of different age groups are prone to different kinds of injuries due to different stages of bone development.
date : July 30, 2006
Injuries do happen, and we would like to discuss a few injuries that are common. All of these injuries can fall under the category of what are commonly called overuse injuries.

date : July 30, 2006
comments : 1
Besides the obvious rest and strengthening/PT around the ankles, what can I do to further find the root cause and correct it? Also, what are doctors’ stances on active release?