----------------
Putin.gif (106KB - 2 downloads)

2015-09-29 8:34 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
Subject: RE: Putin vs. President Obama

One thing I can say about Putin is that he truly has his countries best interests at heart.  I'm not a fan of his and I think he's a thug, but there's no question to him or his people that he does everything to advantage Russia.

I truly believe that Obama wants to make the world a better place, but it seems as though he compromises America at almost every opportunity he gets in order to focus on a global equality type agenda.  In some ways I understand it, but when everyone else in the world takes advantage of us for it I feel it's ultimately very bad for us as a nation.

2015-09-29 8:45 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Originally posted by tuwood

One thing I can say about Putin is that he truly has his countries best interests at heart.  I'm not a fan of his and I think he's a thug, but there's no question to him or his people that he does everything to advantage Russia.

I truly believe that Obama wants to make the world a better place, but it seems as though he compromises America at almost every opportunity he gets in order to focus on a global equality type agenda.  In some ways I understand it, but when everyone else in the world takes advantage of us for it I feel it's ultimately very bad for us as a nation.

If by "his country" you mean, the Russian oligarchs and his other political allies, I agree with you. I don't think Putin gives a rat's (insert Russian word for "butt" here) about the majority of people in his country.

Edited by jmk-brooklyn 2015-09-29 8:45 AM
2015-09-29 8:49 AM
in reply to: jmk-brooklyn

User image

Deep in the Heart of Texas

I think what we need is a little more ace diplomacy and another reset button.

2015-09-29 8:52 AM
in reply to: jmk-brooklyn

User image

Pro

I actually don't put the blame solely on President Obama.  Bush's idea to invade Iraq after 9/11 was quite possibly the biggest foreign policy blunder in our history.  But now, the fact is, Putin can easily offer another alternative to that region since it appears that the U.S. can't protect anyone over there and has no clear goals, much less a plan.  We might as well let Russia fight ISIS and keep the Syrian govt. propped up.......because, again,  we sure as hell don't seem to have a plan.

2015-09-29 9:55 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

People and countries have always tried to take over the world.  It’s what happens.  The Romans and British built vast Empires.  The Russians and Chinese did the same.  Now the US is doing it.  I don’t have a problem with it in principle – what annoys me is that it’s dressed up as a humanitarian mission or some kind of pre-emptive strike against a vague terror organisation that is out to get you and make you all dress in sandals and bed sheets.

2015-09-29 10:29 AM
in reply to: Dan-L

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Dan-L

People and countries have always tried to take over the world.  It’s what happens.  The Romans and British built vast Empires.  The Russians and Chinese did the same.  Now the US is doing it.  I don’t have a problem with it in principle – what annoys me is that it’s dressed up as a humanitarian mission or some kind of pre-emptive strike against a vague terror organisation that is out to get you and make you all dress in sandals and bed sheets.

I don't think I would agree that we are trying to "take over the world" the way the empires you noted did.  I think that surely we have done a good job, in the past, of creating influence in the world that is in our best interests.  That being said, I don't really know what the end-game is in the Middle East.  I think terror organizations will always target us as long as we are involved, so unless there is a REAL benefit, out side of our friendship with Israel, I think there are much better ways to spend our resources than trying to train and equip people we think will help our influence there......because it appears to me that the people we are working with don't really have the heart for the work.....so maybe we should just get out, help secure Israel, and see how this all plays out with Russia as the main "protector".

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Putin vs. President Obama Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

President Scott Walker?

Started by jeffnboise
Views: 1081 Posts: 14

2014-11-13 4:23 PM chirunner134

Would you want to be the President? Pages: 1 2

Started by pga_mike
Views: 2013 Posts: 29

2013-12-31 8:39 PM Left Brain

Putin's Op-Ed in the NYT

Started by Aarondb4
Views: 576 Posts: 5

2013-09-16 11:56 AM Aarondb4

Because it's Obama

Started by powerman
Views: 1125 Posts: 8

2013-09-12 3:35 PM powerman

100 Million for President's Vacation? Pages: 1 2

Started by Batlou
Views: 4415 Posts: 48

2013-07-14 7:51 PM RussTKD
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 11, 2011
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
Dean from Fitwerx answers a BT member question about what kind of bike should be the "next bike."

date : October 14, 2010
comments : 0
A review of the Shimano 105 vesus SRAM Rival Time Trial component group differences.
date : May 24, 2010
author : Tri Swim Coach
Discussion on preventing over-rotation, free golf, strength and core training, the importance of the kick and high turnover vs low turnover.

date : April 26, 2010
author : mrakes1
Discussions on good vs bad sugars, fluid loss replacement, clean eating, the Paleo diet and are gels necessary for olympic races.
date : December 4, 2008
author : Coach AJ
Discussion on IMWI preparation, May A-race preparation, lunges, yoga vs pilates, zones to lose weight and endurance loss over the winter.

date : October 8, 2008
comments : 2
What kind of time difference would one expect in changing from a road bike with aerobars to a tri bike with aerobars over a HIM distance if using the same wheelset?
date : October 9, 2007
author : dr_forbush
comments : 9
The boat was being tossed around. Someone noted that there were whitecaps on the waves. Another guy said, “This is going to be challenging.” I began to wonder what he meant by 'challenging'.

date : May 1, 2006
author : KevinKonczak
Discussions on periodization, tubular vs clinchers, swimming cadence, 650's vs 700's, plan priority, RAAM after double IM and swim training before race day.