Other Resources The Political Joe » Beef production contributes to global warming Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 4

2015-09-29 12:38 PM

User image

Pro
Subject: Beef production contributes to global warming

I just read an article concerning the conntribution beef makes on global warming.  According to the article, a CNN piece, there are a number of people advocating for no beef consumption in order to help lower the harmful effect. 

I would like to propose a study.  I would like to see a number for how many people are actually advocating for this.  My guess is that it's much higher than I can imagine.  Next, I would like to see a number that reflects those folk's contribution to global warming via the mileage they drive/fly, the way they heat their homes, the numebr of campfies they attend, etc. 

If it turns out that they contribute more than an equal number of cattle, then I propose we kill those people instead of making me stop eating beef.....BECAUSE I'M NEVER GOING TO STOP EATING BEEF!!

2015-09-29 1:19 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland
Subject: RE: Beef production contributes to global warming

eat your vegetables LB.

VEGAN POWER

2015-09-29 2:04 PM
in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Pro

Originally posted by dmiller5

eat your vegetables LB.

VEGAN POWER

I love vegetables......if you can grow it I'll eat it.....right next to a 16oz strip steak, or a 10oz fillet, or with a slowly smoked brisket, or in a stew with a chuck roast, or used as a topping for a big ole burger.  I think I'm going to stop on the way home and buy a nice ribeye and some asparagus in your honor.

2015-09-29 2:09 PM

User image

Veteran
St. Louis

Originally posted by Left Brain

eat your vegetables LB.

VEGAN POWER

I love vegetables......if you can grow it I'll eat it.....right next to a 16oz strip steak, or a 10oz fillet, or with a slowly smoked brisket, or in a stew with a chuck roast, or used as a topping for a big ole burger.  I think I'm going to stop on the way home and buy a nice ribeye and some asparagus in your honor.

Best of both worlds! 

2015-09-29 2:29 PM
in reply to: Bob Loblaw

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Bob Loblaw

eat your vegetables LB.

VEGAN POWER

Best of both worlds! 

Oh..............no.

2015-09-29 3:46 PM

User image

Deep in the Heart of Texas

I went to the the across the street neighbor's house on Labor Day for burgers.  My next door neighbor (who is also the mother of the across the street neighbor) was there as well.  "Burgers" turned into store-bought sliders which were grilled on some countertop grill like gadget - but at least they were beef.  The next door neighbor, who is a certifiable kook, saunters up the the "grill" and throws some beige colored puck on for cooking - veggie burger.  So my wife asked what was the main ingredient in the veggie burger - to which the neighbor had no idea.  She feeds her dogs raw beef, apparently cooks great meat dishes for the rest of the family, but personally doesn't eat babies or meat (at least for the last 7 years).  How can someone eat the same veggie burgers for 7 years and not be able to identify the primary ingredient?

I brought some bacon wrapped appetizers which I made from dove I'd shot the evening before.  They were a hit - at least to everyone except the next door neighbor.

2015-09-29 9:05 PM
in reply to: Hook'em

User image

Pro

Hook'em - we shot a few doves this year and at the urging of a buddy of mine I did this - marinated the breast, on the bone, in Italian dressing for 24 hours (pretty standard stuff I'm sure you know).  Then, before wrapping the whole breast in bacon (again, pretty standard), he told me to slice the meat off the bone at the thick part of the breast....but just enough so that it creates a small pocket.  In that pocket you put about a 1/4 tsp of fresh horseradish, then bacon wrap and put on the grill.  They were fabulous. 

2015-09-30 2:49 PM

User image

Hook'em - we shot a few doves this year and at the urging of a buddy of mine I did this - marinated the breast, on the bone, in Italian dressing for 24 hours (pretty standard stuff I'm sure you know).  Then, before wrapping the whole breast in bacon (again, pretty standard), he told me to slice the meat off the bone at the thick part of the breast....but just enough so that it creates a small pocket.  In that pocket you put about a 1/4 tsp of fresh horseradish, then bacon wrap and put on the grill.  They were fabulous. 

Sounds good.  I remove the breasts from the bone and sandwich a slice of jalapeno between the breasts, put a thin, curved onion slice on the outsides of the breasts, and then wrap with half a slice of bacon.  Two parallel toothpicks so they can be easily sliced in half.  The onion slices keep the dove from overcooking allowing the bacon to be cooked through.  I've marinated the breasts in Italian dressing before as well, but the added flavor is lost with the jalapeno, onion, and bacon.  I still have 30 or so birds in the freezer, so I'll give the horseradish a try. 

2015-09-30 3:11 PM
in reply to: Hook'em

User image

Pro
Tejas
was just discussing this the other day. Co-worker of mine put a jalapeño popper inside the breast and wraps with bacon.
2015-09-30 3:17 PM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Pro
Tejas
Regarding the anti-beef folks.. Do they take modern farming into consideration? There's a lot of fuel burned to plow, seed, fertilize, harvest and ship to market. Unless you're growing vegetables in your own garden, using only rainwater and eating nothing else...shut the f*** up and mind your own business.
2015-09-30 6:33 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

I just read an article concerning the conntribution beef makes on global warming.  According to the article, a CNN piece, there are a number of people advocating for no beef consumption in order to help lower the harmful effect. 

I would like to propose a study.  I would like to see a number for how many people are actually advocating for this.  My guess is that it's much higher than I can imagine.  Next, I would like to see a number that reflects those folk's contribution to global warming via the mileage they drive/fly, the way they heat their homes, the numebr of campfies they attend, etc. 

If it turns out that they contribute more than an equal number of cattle, then I propose we kill those people instead of making me stop eating beef.....BECAUSE I'M NEVER GOING TO STOP EATING BEEF!!

You can safely categorize pretty much any article you read that mentions "global warming" into the "propaganda to push some stupid" bucket.

2015-09-30 6:50 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Pro

Originally posted by tuwood

You can safely categorize pretty much any article you read that mentions "global warming" into the "propaganda to push some stupid" bucket.

I don't even care if beef actually is a problem for global warming.....I will  do my best to single handedly raise the temperature of the planet until we all drown.

2015-09-30 8:14 PM

User image

Expert
Columbia, MO

I don't even care if beef actually is a problem for global warming.....I will  do my best to single handedly raise the temperature of the planet until we all drown.

It will be a team effort.....

2015-09-30 8:26 PM
in reply to: bsjracing

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by bsjracing

It will be a team effort.....

I'm in.  Not a fan of cold winters anyways

2015-10-01 11:17 AM

User image

Champion
Southern Chicago Suburbs, IL

If we weren't meant to eat meat god wouldn't have made it taste SOOOOO GOOOOD!!!

Mmmmmmm....... bacon!

2015-10-07 7:15 AM
in reply to: crowny2

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Some morning global warming fun.

VIDEO: Watch Ted Cruz Make A Fool Out Of The Sierra Club President On Global Warming

I really like Ted Cruz, and it's amazing how difficult it is to defend the alarmist global warming position when confronted with actual scientific data.  I almost felt sorry for the Sierra Club President. lol

2015-10-07 8:23 AM

User image

Pro

Some morning global warming fun.

VIDEO: Watch Ted Cruz Make A Fool Out Of The Sierra Club President On Global Warming

I really like Ted Cruz, and it's amazing how difficult it is to defend the alarmist global warming position when confronted with actual scientific data.  I almost felt sorry for the Sierra Club President. lol

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!  That's it.....tonight before the ballgame I'm going to fillet a giant roast, marinate it Andrea's steak sauce, and grill it over a charcoal fire. While doing that, I'm going to start a huge fire in the fire pit and leave all of our vehicles running for the duration.......just for fun.  Hell, I might even set a tire on fire.

2015-10-07 8:54 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

this is why generation is going to have a lot of work to do to save this world...

2015-10-07 8:58 AM

User image

Pro

this is why generation is going to have a lot of work to do to save this world...

Don't lose too much sleep over it, Dave.  Every generation thinks they have to save the world from something.  The world keeps spinning.

2015-10-07 9:26 AM

User image

Don't lose too much sleep over it, Dave.  Every generation thinks they have to save the world from something.  The world keeps spinning.

It reminds me of one Pete Townshend who applauded his generation back in '65 with the dire hope that he'd die before he got old - he didn't.

2015-10-07 9:55 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

I truthfully don't understand how anyone can still believe in the alarmist view of global warming.  It's nothing more than politics/religion now because the science left the building years ago.
The planet is warming, absolutely, but it's been warming for thousands and thousands of years.  The earth warmed almost the identical amount from 1900 - 1950 as it did from 1950 - 2000.  Scientists came up with this great hypothesis that CO2 was the primary forcing agent because it matched up with the late 20th century warming.  However, along the road to doomsday the temperature stayed the same and even declined slightly while CO2 continued to increase at the same rate.  Oops, apparently CO2 isn't the primary forcing agent, yet every environmental/climate scientist depends on the billions of dollars funded by fear and destruction so they continue the lie.  It's not about science anymore, it's about fear, money, and control.

2015-10-07 10:03 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

Bill Nye will explain for you how greenhouse gasses work. The science did leave the building a long time ago, but not the way fox news tells you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v-w8Cyfoq8

2015-10-07 10:23 AM

User image

Pro

Bill Nye will explain for you how greenhouse gasses work. The science did leave the building a long time ago, but not the way fox news tells you:

Ok, to make you happy I won't burn the tire tonight.  But I'm still cookikng the roast and sitting by the fire pit.

2015-10-07 11:48 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

The funny part is the opening part of that video says the "fundamentals of climate science have been understood for decades".  However, the truth is much of what scientists understood has been proven wrong over and over again about the earths climate.  CO2 is absolutely a greenhouse gas and it absolutely contributes to the earths overall temperature.  However, scientists hypothesized and believed that it was the primary driver, hence the big moves to curb CO2 emissions.
The other big lie that the video espouses is the "frequency and intensity of weather events".  That has been roundly debunked over and over again but the alarmists continue to spread it like it's gospel.

All of the alarmist global temperature models have accounted for CO2 as the primary driver to global warming, but as we've continued to learn more and more about global climate the real science is discovering that CO2 has a far less impact and is one of the minor greenhouse gases.  There was an article just the other day from Australia describing how the CO2 forcing is between 1/5 to 1/10th as sensitive as scientists earlier thought (and used in their models).
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/miranda-devine-perth-electrical-engineers-discovery-will-change-climate-change-debate/story-e6frg6n6-1227555674611

This is where you have to be careful because everyone takes propaganda that has been proven false over and over such as Bill Nye and Al Gore and then try to call people dumb because they don't believe it.  Science is science and we're always learning, but with Global Warming the science has crossed over into belief and politics that doesn't allow the science to be tweaked under any circumstances.  At that point science is no longer science.

2015-10-07 11:53 AM

User image

Pro

The funny part is the opening part of that video says the "fundamentals of climate science have been understood for decades".  However, the truth is much of what scientists understood has been proven wrong over and over again about the earths climate.  CO2 is absolutely a greenhouse gas and it absolutely contributes to the earths overall temperature.  However, scientists hypothesized and believed that it was the primary driver, hence the big moves to curb CO2 emissions.
The other big lie that the video espouses is the "frequency and intensity of weather events".  That has been roundly debunked over and over again but the alarmists continue to spread it like it's gospel.

All of the alarmist global temperature models have accounted for CO2 as the primary driver to global warming, but as we've continued to learn more and more about global climate the real science is discovering that CO2 has a far less impact and is one of the minor greenhouse gases.  There was an article just the other day from Australia describing how the CO2 forcing is between 1/5 to 1/10th as sensitive as scientists earlier thought (and used in their models).
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/miranda-devine-perth-electrical-engineers-discovery-will-change-climate-change-debate/story-e6frg6n6-1227555674611

This is where you have to be careful because everyone takes propaganda that has been proven false over and over such as Bill Nye and Al Gore and then try to call people dumb because they don't believe it.  Science is science and we're always learning, but with Global Warming the science has crossed over into belief and politics that doesn't allow the science to be tweaked under any circumstances.  At that point science is no longer science.

Now I'm burning two tires!!

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Beef production contributes to global warming Rss Feed  

of 4

RELATED POSTS

UN says 2013's extreme weather is due to warming earth Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5

Started by switch
Views: 4577 Posts: 106

2014-04-07 2:02 PM chirunner134

An inconvenient truth on Global Warming? Pages: 1 2

Started by tuwood
Views: 5240 Posts: 38

2013-10-01 3:21 PM tuwood
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 4, 2009
author : Coach AJ
comments : 0
Coach AJ discusses the essential clothing used to keep your legs and feet warm while cycling or running in the cold weather.

date : September 3, 2006
author : BobbyMcgee
comments : 2
Why triathletes must absolutely warm up, activate muscles, strengthen core, and stretch effectively.
date : September 3, 2005
author : Jen Doyle
Often athletes forget the fitness basics such as warm up and cool down. We know they are important, but we want to get into the meat of our workout without wasting time.

date : May 30, 2005
author : AMSSM
comments : 2
A general stretching program should be an essential component of every endurance athlete’s warm-up prior to training or competition.
date : February 28, 2005
author : gsmacleod
The role of concentration and focus in athletic training and competition.

date : September 3, 2004
Some yoga poses to help endurance athletes prevent injuries through stretching.
date : September 3, 2004
Reasons why yoga will help endurance athletes prevent injuries through stretching.