Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2015-10-11 9:24 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho
Subject: RE: How can you vote for ben carson

Does Ben Carson know the difference between the Deficit and the Debt Ceiling?  His recent interviews would lead you to think that, NO, he does NOT have a clue.

Could be a Popey's PTSD flashback.   

2015-10-20 11:33 AM
in reply to: jeffnboise

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

the source doesn't matter...these are video clips of things ben carson has said.  they all just happen to be compiled in one place

https://ourfuture.org/20150512/ben-carsons-13-craziest-beliefs

2015-10-20 12:17 PM
in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by dmiller5

the source doesn't matter...these are video clips of things ben carson has said.  they all just happen to be compiled in one place

He's been fading pretty fast the last week or so in the polls due to many of his statements.  I didn't read all of the ones on your link, but I have heard a few doozies over the last month or so that made me cringe a little.  lol
Looks like most of his supporters are going to either Cruz or Trump.  Poor Jebbie and Rubio are not looking too good. 

http://polling.reuters.com/#!response/TR130/type/smallest/filters/PARTY_ID_:2/dates/20150808-20151016/collapsed/false

2015-10-20 3:14 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Originally posted by tuwood

He's been fading pretty fast the last week or so in the polls due to many of his statements.  I didn't read all of the ones on your link, but I have heard a few doozies over the last month or so that made me cringe a little.  lol
Looks like most of his supporters are going to either Cruz or Trump.  Poor Jebbie and Rubio are not looking too good. 

http://polling.reuters.com/#!response/TR130/type/smallest/filters/PARTY_ID_:2/dates/20150808-20151016/collapsed/false

Rubio's best shot is to be someone's veep. Maybe Trump will tap him so that he can teach the Donald how to say, "I'm sorry I said you were all a bunch of rapists, now please vote for me" in Spanish.
2015-10-20 4:05 PM
in reply to: jmk-brooklyn

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn

Rubio's best shot is to be someone's veep. Maybe Trump will tap him so that he can teach the Donald how to say, "I'm sorry I said you were all a bunch of rapists, now please vote for me" in Spanish.

The true irony is that Trump polls substantially better than Jeb and Rubio among those very hispanics.  In other words, his numbers would likely go down with that group if he brought Rubio on the ticket.

POLL: Trump Leads GOP Field Among Hispanics, Records 34% Favorability

Many Hispanics agree with Donald Trump on enforcing the border (A recent poll by SurveyUSA shows that Trump commands the support of 31 percent of Hispanics. That's not only a higher share than Mitt Romney received in 2012 — it's more than Republican George H.W. Bush received in 1988 when he won the general election.)

Trump Leads Nevada Poll with Overwhelming Hispanic Support

There's a 0.0% chance that Trump would pick Rubio as his VP.  He's as establishment as they come and is one of the biggest "pro-amnesty" politicians out there which is 100% opposite of Trump's primary issue.

I don't have time to dig up the links, but there's been numerous articles and polls showing Trump's support among minority communities being stronger than any Republican in recent memory.  I saw another article last week about several large unions expressing interest in endorsing him due to the Democratic party's love affair with illegal immigration.  I guess Republicans aren't the only xenophobes out there.  

2015-10-20 4:18 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

He's been fading pretty fast the last week or so in the polls due to many of his statements.  

Odd.  I've been finding the opposite.  He's close to Trump in a lot of polls:
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/2016_republican_presidential_nomination-3823.html

Maybe after watching Trump he decided to turn up the crazy to gain supporters.

2015-10-20 4:24 PM
in reply to: msteiner

User image

Deep in the Heart of Texas

Originally posted by msteiner

He's been fading pretty fast the last week or so in the polls due to many of his statements.  

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/2016_republican_presidential_nomination-3823.html

Agreed.  The last poll I heard had Trump a couple points ahead of Carson but well within the margin of error.

2015-10-20 4:45 PM
in reply to: Hook'em

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Hook'em

Agreed.  The last poll I heard had Trump a couple points ahead of Carson but well within the margin of error.

I'm pretty sure the RCP average includes all voters and not just Republicans which is quite a bit different.  I believe it's an accurate poll overall, but I think it's more inductive of total support versus GOP support (which is what matters in the primaries of most states)
I have been watching the Reuters poll because you can filter on Republicans only which has Carson dropping from near 20% down to 16% while Trump was holding steady the past week.  It's kind of fascinating to see that Trump polls 33% to Carson's 16% when you only look at Republican respondents.  If you clear the party affiliation filter you'll see the polls jump to within a couple points similar to the RCP averages.
http://polling.reuters.com/#!response/TR130/type/smallest/filters/PARTY_ID_:2/dates/20150808-20151020/collapsed/false

Anecdotally, I know a lot of evangelicals who were very strong supporters of Carson and it was fairly common for my FB to be filled up with Carson quotes and posts.  The last few weeks it's been pretty quiet, so that is another interesting thing I am taking into account.  Personally I think he's toast.

2015-10-21 3:55 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

Ben Carson Wants To Police Speech On College Campuses

His plan calls for monitoring for "extreme political bias."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ben-carson-police-speech-colleges_5627b787e4b02f6a900eebbb

2015-10-21 4:36 PM

User image

Deep in the Heart of Texas

I'm pretty sure the RCP average includes all voters and not just Republicans which is quite a bit different.  I believe it's an accurate poll overall, but I think it's more inductive of total support versus GOP support (which is what matters in the primaries of most states)
I have been watching the Reuters poll because you can filter on Republicans only which has Carson dropping from near 20% down to 16% while Trump was holding steady the past week.  It's kind of fascinating to see that Trump polls 33% to Carson's 16% when you only look at Republican respondents.  If you clear the party affiliation filter you'll see the polls jump to within a couple points similar to the RCP averages.
http://polling.reuters.com/#!response/TR130/type/smallest/filters/PARTY_ID_:2/dates/20150808-20151020/collapsed/false

Anecdotally, I know a lot of evangelicals who were very strong supporters of Carson and it was fairly common for my FB to be filled up with Carson quotes and posts.  The last few weeks it's been pretty quiet, so that is another interesting thing I am taking into account.  Personally I think he's toast.

There are all kinds of problems with the ability of these polls to predict anything.  The margin of error ranges from 3-5% on most.  I understand Gallop is not even going to do any horse race polls this presidential election cycle because they missed it so bad last time.

2015-10-21 6:03 PM
in reply to: Hook'em

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

There are all kinds of problems with the ability of these polls to predict anything.  The margin of error ranges from 3-5% on most.  I understand Gallop is not even going to do any horse race polls this presidential election cycle because they missed it so bad last time.

Agree, and I think it's getting harder and harder for them as people disconnect from landlines.  They did still turn out fairly accurate overall in 2012 so I'm somewhat trusting, but not entirely.

I don't think there's a conspiracy to pump up Carson's numbers, but I follow several conservative sites and there's very few people that seem to be outwardly supporting him.  It's all about Trump and Cruz.  So based on "feel" it doesn't seem like they're right.  Obviously I could be totally wrong though.

2015-11-05 2:46 PM
in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member
Just saw this online headline and almost spit out my coffee all over my keyboard... He is truly scary and will fall just like Bachmann and Cain did the last time around as the scrutiny builds.

Carson: Pyramids in Egypt built by Biblical figure Joseph

MIAMI (AP) — Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson on Thursday stood by his belief that Egypt's great pyramids were built by the Biblical figure Joseph to store grain — not as tombs for pharaohs.

• "My own personal theory is that Joseph built the pyramids in order to store grain." He was referring to the Old Testament story of Joseph predicting famine and advising the pharaoh to store surplus food. He said that's more likely than the accepted archaeological conclusion that the massive structures were built as tombs for pharaohs.
    2015-11-05 2:53 PM
    in reply to: ejshowers

User image

Master
    Minnetonka, Minnesota
    Bronze member
    Wow, not a good day for Carson. Another headline....

Ben Carson Fabricated Violent Juvenile Past, CNN Investigation Suggests
    2015-11-05 4:06 PM

User image

Pro
    Omaha, NE

lol, those are some doozies.  lol

I saw this one a few days back that is a little conspiratorial but it does make a lot of sense:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2015/11/ben-carson-running-for-president.html

I was talking to a buddy over lunch and we both agreed that Carson really has no intention of winning because if he did and was running as close to Trump as he was the full arsenal of Trump would be trained on him.  However, Trump continues to attack Rubio and Bush who are deep down in the polls.

2015-11-06 12:15 PM

User image

Master
    Minnetonka, Minnesota
    Bronze member
    Another doozy today. I wonder if he will last through the year?

"Ben Carson admits fabricating West Point scholarship"
    2015-11-06 1:42 PM

User image

Pro

If it comes down to Clinton or Carson I will vote for Carson.

2015-11-06 1:43 PM
    in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Pro
    Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Left Brain

If it comes down to Clinton or Carson I will vote for Carson.

I'm sensing a pattern

2015-11-06 1:44 PM

User image

Pro
    Omaha, NE

Originally posted by ejshowers Another doozy today. I wonder if he will last through the year? "Ben Carson admits fabricating West Point scholarship"

According to reuters he's already been plummeting, but with or without the gaffs I don't expect him to be in too much longer.

2015-11-08 1:55 PM

Master
    , California

Originally posted by ejshowers Another doozy today. I wonder if he will last through the year? "Ben Carson admits fabricating West Point scholarship"

According to reuters he's already been plummeting, but with or without the gaffs I don't expect him to be in too much longer.

And now he's going with the Trump method of "never admit anything, keep attacking".

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/08/politics/ben-carson-criticizes-media/

Unbelievable.  This guy just went to about 0 on my trustworthiness meter.  You don't just suddenly "get offered" an appointment to a service academy.  It's a frickin long process with several stages along the way where people get weeded out.  I was Navy class of 94,and this really irritates me.  He just fabricated this kind of stuff to bolster his career and embellish his autobiography.  It's something others work their butts off for.

2015-11-08 2:42 PM
    in reply to: spudone

User image

Pro

Originally posted by spudone

And now he's going with the Trump method of "never admit anything, keep attacking".

Unbelievable.  This guy just went to about 0 on my trustworthiness meter.  You don't just suddenly "get offered" an appointment to a service academy.  It's a frickin long process with several stages along the way where people get weeded out.  I was Navy class of 94,and this really irritates me.  He just fabricated this kind of stuff to bolster his career and embellish his autobiography.  It's something others work their butts off for.

I agree 100%

2015-11-08 5:42 PM
    in reply to: spudone

User image

Pro
    Omaha, NE

Originally posted by spudone

Yeah, I'm kinda biting my tongue on Facebook because so many people are spinning it towards politico.  Sure, their article wasn't the best but they dug up the truth about his supposed "scholarship" so I'll give them that.  I don't dislike Carson per se', but I also agree that the more stuff that keeps coming out the less and less I trust him at all.

2015-11-08 5:50 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
    Maryland

and to think, at the beginning of this thread/recently everyone was trying to tell me that carson was comparable to bernie sanders, and that saying he was a nut job made ME the crazy one....

2015-11-09 8:33 AM
    in reply to: 0

User image

Pro
    Tejas

and to think, at the beginning of this thread/recently everyone was trying to tell me that carson was comparable to bernie sanders, and that saying he was a nut job made ME the crazy one....

No, we still think you're a nut job Dave.

I hear there is the distinction being made that West Point and the other military academies do not offer scholarships. I have read more than one post from people that attended these institutions complaining of this. I was certainly under the impression they did. My daughter graduated HS last year and a few weeks before the graduation they had a ceremony in the auditorium just for kids who were getting local scholarships and those getting their tassels for graduating in the top ten% and up. They announced each locally sponsored scholarship and allowed each kid to come up on stage to receive a check or facsimile thereof. The last part of the show had the ROTC honor guard march on stage and then here came the officers and NCOs from the various military branches. Each of these guys were holding these big pasteboard checks. They announced the kid's names and presented them with a check for roughly 200K, payable to the kid, with the respective military branch written in as payer. There were about 7 kids going to these institutions from her class ( including our neighbor's daughter ) and at the end of the show, the superintendent of the district announced the grand total of all the scholarships, the military ones were included.

Maybe poor Benzo had seen a similar ceremony and decided that this was what had happened in his case? While this scholarship fracas doesn't upset me, the fact that he has been spouting that he had actually been accepted to West Point does. He probably just lost a lot of support from the military vote. Someone needs to hire some reporters to vet their own candidates because they certainly aren't capable of doing it themselves.

Come on GOP, don't make me have to vote for Trump by default. I had to do that the last two elections.

Edited by mdg2003 2015-11-09 8:45 AM
    2015-11-09 9:00 AM
    in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Pro
    Omaha, NE

Originally posted by mdg2003

No, we still think you're a nut job Dave. I hear there is the distinction being made that West Point and the other military academies do not offer scholarships. I have read more than one post from people that attended these institutions complaining of this. I was certainly under the impression they did. My daughter graduated HS last year and a few weeks before the graduation they had a ceremony in the auditorium just for kids who were getting local scholarships and those getting their tassels for graduating in the top ten% and up. They announced each locally sponsored scholarship and allowed each kid to come up on stage to receive a check or facsimile thereof. The last part of the show had the ROTC honor guard march on stage and then here came the officers and NCOs from the various military branches. Each of these guys were holding these big pasteboard checks. They announced the kid's names and presented them with a check for roughly 200K, payable to the kid, with the respective military branch written in as payer. There were about 7 kids going to these institutions from her class ( including our neighbor's daughter ) and at the end of the show, the superintendent of the district announced the grand total of all the scholarships, the military ones were included. Maybe poor Benzo had seen a similar ceremony and decided that this was what had happened in his case? While this scholarship fracas doesn't upset me, the fact that he has been spouting that he had actually been accepted to West Point does. He probably just lost a lot of support from the military vote. Someone needs to hire some reporters to vet their own candidates because they certainly aren't capable of doing it themselves. Come on GOP, don't make me have to vote for Trump by default. I had to do that the last two elections.

The scholarship thing doesn't really bother me that much at all, what bothers me about Carson is that he supports the TPP and gun control.  One of his top advisors is a big Farrakhan supporter and Carson himself has been chummy and done speaking events with the race hustler Sharpton.  I don't like his positions, I don't like who he hires, I don't like who he hangs out with.  I don't even have to get into his questionable embellishments to not support him. lol 

2015-11-09 9:37 AM
    in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Master
    Minnetonka, Minnesota
    Bronze member
    Applying to one of the armed forces academies is a completely different 2-step process than regular college and very involved.

Growing up, my goal from when I was 7 or so on was to go to the Air Force Academy and fly jets. I kept pursuing that dream through High School and secured a Presidential Nomination as my dad was a vet. I then had to fill out the application and undergo a 2-day health and fitness evaluation. THEN my application actually got evaluated for admittance (called appointment).

I ended up not getting in as by junior high I was wearing strong prescription glasses/contacts so was not eligible to fly or even be navigator. The AFA only accepted around 15% or their class that was not eligible to fly, so the process became even more competitive and I didn't make the cut.

I ended up going to Stanford for almost free, so not a bad trade-off :-)
    New Thread
    Other Resources The Political Joe » How can you vote for ben carson Rss Feed  

of 3

RELATED POSTS

Supreme Court stops use of key part of Voting Rights Act

Started by DanielG
    Views: 2176 Posts: 22

2013-07-03 3:23 PM TriRSquared
    RELATED ARTICLES
    date : October 31, 2004
    author : infosteward
    comments : 0
    Buried beneath election rhetoric about stem-cell research, gender in marriage and taxes are issues that could seriously affect your newfound hobby – triathlons.