General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike fitters in NC Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-10-08 9:04 PM

User image

, North Carolina
Subject: Bike fitters in NC
Hey y'all, anyone know of good bike fitters in NC? I'm specifically looking in the triad, Charlotte, RDU area (I know that's kind of a large area, but I've got family throughout the area). My LBS looks like a decent place, but I don't want to be too tied into one place and shell out $300 for a sub-par fit.

-Nate

2015-10-09 10:12 AM
in reply to: triathlonpal07

User image

Subject: RE: Bike fitters in NC
My wife worked with Mike Beaman at Inside Out Sports in Cary. She had nothing but great things to say. I can't recall the price for a fit since she bought a bike at the same time.. But I think it was reasonable. They gave her 90 days for free adjustments but she broke her foot and hasn't been riding so that was a wash.

Disclaimer: we are not uber triathletes and have not been through the Retul or other really elaborate fit protocols.
2015-10-10 2:41 PM
in reply to: tjones2k9

User image

Regular
I went to Podium Multi-Sport in Cornelius. Great fit process
2015-10-13 11:23 AM
in reply to: tjones2k9

User image

Extreme Veteran
In front of computer when typing this.
Originally posted by tjones2k9

My wife worked with Mike Beaman at Inside Out Sports in Cary. She had nothing but great things to say. I can't recall the price for a fit since she bought a bike at the same time.. But I think it was reasonable. They gave her 90 days for free adjustments but she broke her foot and hasn't been riding so that was a wash.

Disclaimer: we are not uber triathletes and have not been through the Retul or other really elaborate fit protocols.

I never got fitten by Mike Beaman (can't remember who fitted me at Inside Out Sports) but I got some tweaks from Mike and he is a great guy, and very knowledgable. My initial fit was free with the bike purchase (but the fit wasn't that thorough...it worked OK though); the tweaks were also free. And I love how my bike fits. So X2 on getting one of the better, more experienced fitters at IOS. They might charge you $100-$150 if you never bought your bike there (I don't know this for sure...you can always call them and check).
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike fitters in NC Rss Feed