Other Resources The Political Joe » Democratic debate Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 4

2015-10-12 9:26 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
Subject: Democratic debate

I'm kind of curious to see how everyone tries to knock the "inevitability" off of Clinton.  I saw an article and didn't even realize two of the five were even running.  lol
Don't think I've heard Webb or Chafee mentioned in a single news piece.

Oh well, I'll have my popcorn out tomorrow night to watch the train wreck.  

2015-10-13 9:29 AM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Champion
Chicago, Illinois
Subject: RE: Democratic debate
Originally posted by tuwood

I'm kind of curious to see how everyone tries to knock the "inevitability" off of Clinton.  I saw an article and didn't even realize two of the five were even running.  lol

I just hope they do not mention Benghazi. After being stuck in traffic for several protests because of it it makes me want to vote for her out of spite.
2015-10-13 9:49 AM
in reply to: chirunner134

User image

Deep in the Heart of Texas

Clinton has everything to loose in this debate.  I don't think Sanders is going to get much more of a share of the electorate, even in the Democratic primary.  I think O'Malley and Webb have a good chance of getting positive exposure. 

If O'Malley or Webb do well and Biden does not enter the race, the money machine may shift making O'Malley or Webb a possible contender.  

Biden gets the luxury of sitting this debate out, evaluating whether Clinton can be slayed, and then making his decision.  If he decides to enter the race soon, it will have the effect of closing the door to Webb, O'Malley, Chafee, and probably Sanders.  It'll be Clinton vs. Biden going forward.

2015-10-13 10:05 AM
in reply to: Hook'em

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

Originally posted by Hook'em

Clinton has everything to loose in this debate.  I don't think Sanders is going to get much more of a share of the electorate, even in the Democratic primary.  I think O'Malley and Webb have a good chance of getting positive exposure. 

If O'Malley or Webb do well and Biden does not enter the race, the money machine may shift making O'Malley or Webb a possible contender.  

Biden gets the luxury of sitting this debate out, evaluating whether Clinton can be slayed, and then making his decision.  If he decides to enter the race soon, it will have the effect of closing the door to Webb, O'Malley, Chafee, and probably Sanders.  It'll be Clinton vs. Biden going forward.

you cannot be speeking curect of English... therefore your point is invalid

2015-10-13 10:21 AM
in reply to: chirunner134

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by chirunner134

I just hope they do not mention Benghazi. After being stuck in traffic for several protests because of it it makes me want to vote for her out of spite.

lol, that would be interesting.  I kind of roll my eyes with the continued Republican drum beat on Benghazi so it would be a whole different thing from fellow Democrats.  

2015-10-13 10:50 AM
in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Originally posted by dmiller5

Thanks.  I meant to say that Clinton is going to be turned every which way but loose in this debate.

2015-10-13 10:52 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Most of the time I hear Sanders, I'm listening to the radio.  He sounds just like the aardvark from the Ant and the Aardvark cartoons that ran along with the Pink Panther.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7aKgR7hcpE

Edited by Hook'em 2015-10-13 10:54 AM
2015-10-13 10:53 AM
in reply to: Hook'em

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

Thanks.  I meant to say that Clinton is going to be turned every which way but loose in this debate.

IS SHE LOOSING ARROWS?????

2015-10-13 3:31 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

I heard they have another podium ready in case Biden shows up.  I'm picturing right at the start of the debate all the lights going down and "eye of the tiger" kicking on the sound system with Biden coming down the hall giving high fives...  haha

2015-10-13 5:34 PM

User image

Pro
Tejas

I heard they have another podium ready in case Biden shows up.  I'm picturing right at the start of the debate all the lights going down and "eye of the tiger" kicking on the sound system with Biden coming down the hall giving high fives...  haha

Huckabee did that with that county clerk that wasn't passing out marriage licenses to gay couples. Sh't went into a downward spiral from there. Joe on the other hand, could pull it off.
2015-10-13 7:26 PM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by mdg2003

Huckabee did that with that county clerk that wasn't passing out marriage licenses to gay couples. Sh't went into a downward spiral from there. Joe on the other hand, could pull it off.

I bet that was a laugher.  haha

2015-10-13 7:43 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

The real entertainment will be watching @realDonaldTrump on Twitter during the debate.  

2015-10-13 7:58 PM

User image

Pro

I'm watching Rainman instead.........10 minutes till Wapner. 

When this is over, I'll know as much as the rest of you who are watching the debate.

2015-10-13 8:02 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Left Brain

When this is over, I'll know as much as the rest of you who are watching the debate.

I'm wondering if they're actually going to debate.  So many commercials and fluffy stuff

2015-10-13 8:38 PM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Left Brain

I'm wondering if they're actually going to debate.  So many commercials and fluffy stuff

Yeah, I'm a very good driver.

2015-10-13 9:21 PM

User image

Pro

I have decided that want Sanders and Carson on the same ticket.....and I want them to win.  It'll be worth it just to watch everyone staring at each other trying to figure out what the hell they are talking about. LMAO

2015-10-13 9:48 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

feel the bern

2015-10-14 12:18 AM

User image

Pro
Tejas
Was busy at work. Who won?
2015-10-14 7:28 AM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

I think O'Malley won...only because no one knew who he was previously.  The two fringe candidates looked stupid.  Bernie may have made some ground on the wall street issue, but was hammered on gun control. (I think this actually makes him more electable).  Hillary did better as the night went on, but I found her annoying.  Also, who let her wear a penguin costume?

2015-10-14 9:23 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

I think O'Malley won...only because no one knew who he was previously.  The two fringe candidates looked stupid.  Bernie may have made some ground on the wall street issue, but was hammered on gun control. (I think this actually makes him more electable).  Hillary did better as the night went on, but I found her annoying.  Also, who let her wear a penguin costume?

Yeah, I kind of felt the same about O'Malley.  I admittedly dislike Clinton so much that even if she did spectacular it would be difficult for me to see it.  haha

Purely from a conservative standpoint Webb did the best on the issues, but obviously that's not going to play on the Democratic ticket so he was a total loser in the debate and the other weird guy (can't remember his name) was just well weird.

From a marketing standpoint I thought Trump was brilliant.  He was live tweeting during the whole debate and got a ton of visibility.  I saw one article this morning that Trump won Twitter during the debate.  From a trending standpoint and from new followers, he got more play than any of the Democratic candidates.  haha

2015-10-14 10:21 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

My summary of it:

O'Malley "won" the debate in that he gained a ton of exposure that he otherwise wouldn't have gotten.  He'll get some points after this, but not enough to ultimately matter.

Chafee with his "it was my first vote as a senator" re: Glass-Steagal: that may go down as the biggest gaffe in a debate this century.  He's beyond out of this.

Webb hit home with some issues, but a lot of that was offset by his whining about not getting enough screen time and then not saying a lot when he actually got for the majority of the time he got the floor.  After the first hour and a half I felt like Cooper should have dismissed Web and Chafee.

Sanders got attacked pretty hard in the beginning on the gun control deal by both Clinton and O'Malley.  He seemed like he wasn't really prepared for that topic, which is silly considering that it's a recurring topic in the media.  He needs to hit Clinton more on the Wall Street angle.

Clinton is the real winner of the debate with Sanders and O'Malley deciding to brush away the email topic.  Her credibility had been shrinking heading into this debate, and they decided to just do away with that advantage.  Sanders benefited slightly in that Clinton eased off on him after that, but Sanders is running out of ammo against Hillary.  After the email topic she had crazy momentum.  I think she has the nomination on lock.

She then has the Presidency on lock after she activates Trump.

2015-10-14 1:34 PM
in reply to: msteiner

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Just saw this on RCP.  I find it interesting that every single Republican candidate beats Hillary, but Biden beats every single Republican candidate.  Go Hillary Go!

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/

Tuesday, October 13
Race/Topic (Click to Sort) Poll Results Spread
General Election: Trump vs. Clinton FOX News Clinton 40, Trump 45 Trump +5
General Election: Bush vs. Clinton FOX News Bush 44, Clinton 40 Bush +4
General Election: Fiorina vs. Clinton FOX News Fiorina 42, Clinton 39 Fiorina +3
General Election: Carson vs. Clinton FOX News Carson 50, Clinton 39 Carson +11
General Election: Trump vs. Biden FOX News Biden 50, Trump 37 Biden +13
General Election: Bush vs. Biden FOX News Biden 46, Bush 41 Biden +5
General Election: Rubio vs. Biden FOX News Biden 44, Rubio 43 Biden +1
General Election: Fiorina vs. Biden FOX News Biden 46, Fiorina 42 Biden +4
General Election: Carson vs. Biden FOX News Biden 46, Carson 42 Biden +4

2015-10-14 1:43 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

Just saw this on RCP.  I find it interesting that every single Republican candidate beats Hillary, but Biden beats every single Republican candidate.  Go Hillary Go!

Tuesday, October 13
General Election: Fiorina vs. Clinton FOX News Fiorina 42, Clinton 39 Fiorina +3

But those results are from FOX news.  I wait until RCP gets a full spectrum of polls before I decide if a candidate is screwed.  I do find it hilarious that Biden does better without having to lift a finger.

2015-10-14 2:04 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

Originally posted by msteiner

Tuesday, October 13

But those results are from FOX news.  I wait until RCP gets a full spectrum of polls before I decide if a candidate is screwed.  I do find it hilarious that Biden does better without having to lift a finger.

lol sources...

but really wondering, who does fox poll compared to gallup or something. is there a difference?  if this were a poll of republicans I would still find it interesting.

also lets remember that fox is an entertainment show and not news so we should take any "poll" with a grain of salt

2015-10-14 2:24 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by msteiner

Tuesday, October 13

The thing about polling is that there's a science to it and whoever does the polling has to "show their work"  who did they call, how did they call them, what questions did they ask etc.  There's no question that you can influence a poll with leading questions or choosing certain pools of people, but those people aren't reputable and get discounted very easily.

RCP weeds out the garbage polls and only allows reputable polling entities to be considered.

If you're curious here's the polling data that this was taken from:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/interactive/2015/10/13/fox-news-poll-biden-more-electable-than-clinton/

I've seen a few national polls over the past several weeks that show trump in front of clinton and a few with Clinton in front.  Overall I think they're polling fairly evenly nationally when you look at all the polls together.  I found it curious that Carson polled as high as he did compared to Clinton.

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Democratic debate Rss Feed  

of 4

RELATED POSTS

Republican debate Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8

Started by tuwood
Views: 10336 Posts: 187

2016-02-26 6:12 PM jeffnboise

The whole homosexuality debate Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5

Started by dmiller5
Views: 9129 Posts: 123

2016-04-18 11:06 AM tuwood