General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Trek Crossrip as a tri-bike Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-10-21 2:22 PM

Subject: Trek Crossrip as a tri-bike
I bought a Trek Crossrip Limited a few months back. Just before I became hugely addicted to doing triathlons. It has worked perfect for shorter races I have done, but now I am looking to do some IM-70.3 in the future. I like my bike because I can ride it around the neighborhood with the kids and take it out on the road and burn some miles. The thing is will it get me through a 56 mile bike ride efficiently? I know techically it will make it, but will my legs be toast getting there?? I can't really afford another bike and thinking maybe I will just trade this in and get a full on tri-bike.
I have already added a aero-bar and can add road tires very easily. I also can and plan on adding bike shoes and pedals to the bike. At that point my bike will cost about the same as a tri-bike but won't techinically be one.

Whats your thought??

2015-10-21 3:48 PM
in reply to: thegigz

User image

Champion
Tacoma, Washington
Subject: RE: Trek Crossrip as a tri-bike

The only reason your legs would be toasted is if you over-extend yourself during the bike leg -- it wouldn't be the bike's fault.

Now, will it be the most efficient? If you've got your position tuned with the clip-ons, then you'll be 85-90% of the way there. If your goal is complete rather than compete, then that last 10% shouldn't matter.

2015-10-21 5:13 PM
in reply to: #5148134

Subject: RE: Trek Crossrip as a tri-bike
Not looking to win.. Looking to finish in a respectable position...
I am training and planning on 6 hours total time. I think anything more and why bother.. LOL
My first one might be a little longer since I have a learning curve at all the transition areas.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Trek Crossrip as a tri-bike Rss Feed