of 2

2015-10-29 9:03 AM
in reply to: Jackemy1

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: creationist scientists

Originally posted by Jackemy1
Originally posted by Left Brain

In searching for information about these trash islands (and trying to see if there was one worth buying and moving to in the south pacific) I just read another piece that cited the trash island twice as big as Texas..........lets think about this for a minute, huh?....

Hawaii is roughly 2400 miles from California.

Texas is roughly 650 X 800 miles in length by width.

Two Texas' next to each other would be 2/3 of the way to Hawaii, and cover nearly the length of California for that distance.

2/3 OF THE ENTIRE DISTANCE FROM CALIFORNIA TO HAWAII, AND JUST AS LONG AS CALFORNIA, WOULD BE A TRASH ISLAND!!!!

No......just no.  People who write that stuff are stupid, brainless idiots.

Still......I agree........if it saves just one child.... 

Where is the trash island? I'm interested to see in on Google Earth.

Oh sure, you want to actually SEE it.  No.......but it's there.

2015-10-29 11:40 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Found a great science video for you dmiller.   I figure the fear of this one coupled with the fear of current science should balance things out.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_861us8D9M

2015-10-29 11:52 AM
in reply to: Jackemy1

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

In searching for information about these trash islands (and trying to see if there was one worth buying and moving to in the south pacific) I just read another piece that cited the trash island twice as big as Texas..........lets think about this for a minute, huh?....

Two Texas' next to each other would be 2/3 of the way to Hawaii, and cover nearly the length of California for that distance.

2/3 OF THE ENTIRE DISTANCE FROM CALIFORNIA TO HAWAII, AND JUST AS LONG AS CALFORNIA, WOULD BE A TRASH ISLAND!!!!

I read an article once that said that "Great Garbage Patch" doesn't show up on Google Earth because it's not a solid object--it's a constantly shifting mass of particulate matter and small debris.

You may adjust your tinfoil hat as needed, based on that info, I suppose.
2015-10-29 11:57 AM
in reply to: jmk-brooklyn

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn

I read an article once that said that "Great Garbage Patch" doesn't show up on Google Earth because it's not a solid object--it's a constantly shifting mass of particulate matter and small debris. You may adjust your tinfoil hat as needed, based on that info, I suppose.

My ship got stuck on it once back in the 90's, we had to all get out and push.

2015-10-29 12:02 PM
in reply to: jmk-brooklyn

User image

Pro

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn

I read an article once that said that "Great Garbage Patch" doesn't show up on Google Earth because it's not a solid object--it's a constantly shifting mass of particulate matter and small debris. You may adjust your tinfoil hat as needed, based on that info, I suppose.

Damn....I wanted to live on it and study it....alone.....away from all the experts.  I was even going to bring a compactor to do some trashscaping.

2015-10-31 7:26 AM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho

Originally posted by tuwood

There is quite a bit of propaganda with regard to the "trash islands".......I like the one's that claim there is one that is twice the size of Texas.

Allow me to answer that with one word..............BULLCHIT!!!

but if it saves one child...

I heard that!

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » creationist scientists Rss Feed  

of 2