Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Denver Area Housing Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2015-10-28 11:03 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland
Subject: Denver Area Housing

I'm considering moving to the Denver area in the next year or so, anyone familiar with the housing market there?  Trying to decide if it makes sense to buy or rent.  How difficult would it be to find people to rent out extra rooms if I bought?

thanks

2015-10-28 1:07 PM
in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Expert
Evergreen, Colorado
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Denver Area Housing

The rental market in Denver has been ridiculous lately. I can't believe how much money people are paying for tiny little apartments. If you have the money, I'd suggest buying, as it's likely you could have a lower mortgage payment than your rent would be for a similar space. Depending on where you live, you could find roomates - just depends what part of town you want to live in?

2015-10-29 2:08 PM
in reply to: Stacers

User image

Champion
, Minnesota
Bronze member

I have a friend living in Fort Collins, which I know is a bit away from Denver, but I'll share just in case it comes up.  She encountered a weird ordinance called "You plus two", where you can only live with two other people who are not in your family.  So, sharing a larger home with more than two others would be out.

I have another friend who bought in Denver (Lakewood specifically). It's VERY expensive and I think competitive.    As long as I've known people living in the Denver area it's been expensive, both renting and buying.  If you're on a budget, renting may be your only option. 

2015-11-02 11:34 AM
in reply to: BikerGrrrl

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

Originally posted by BikerGrrrl

I have a friend living in Fort Collins, which I know is a bit away from Denver, but I'll share just in case it comes up.  She encountered a weird ordinance called "You plus two", where you can only live with two other people who are not in your family.  So, sharing a larger home with more than two others would be out.

I have another friend who bought in Denver (Lakewood specifically). It's VERY expensive and I think competitive.    As long as I've known people living in the Denver area it's been expensive, both renting and buying.  If you're on a budget, renting may be your only option. 

Thanks for the tips.  I've been looking...it is pretty comparable to the area I live, DC.  I'm trying to figure out if the pay out there is also comparable which would probably be the bigger budget problem.  I think there are a lot of environmental engineering type jobs out there though.

2015-11-03 3:34 PM

User image

Master
Denver

The housing market in Denver has been insane lately, up there with SF to give you a sense.  People have been going well over asking, writing personal letters or videos, waiving inspections, pledging cash over appraisal value...  Insane stuff.  That said, it seems like it's finally starting to slow down a touch, especially if you're not looking at one of the trendy areas.  There's finally a supply of new apartments coming on line, so it should mellow out a bit as that happens.  But definitely don't expect it to be sleepy and things go extremely quickly so you have to move fast if you find something you like.  The up-side is that you get to live in Denver

2015-11-12 10:26 PM

User image

Elite
Reno

Hi - I moved away from Denver about 10 years ago, and BOY! Am I glad that I did not sell my condo!  I look in on Zillow every now and then, and the condo is worth about 3x what I paid in 1998.    It has been a steady rental for all of this time (Capital Hill, central Denver).  2 bd/2full bath, historic building with a courtyard - I rent it for $1400, which I have been told is a steal and I should raise it.  I was told of new housing that goes for $3000/month for a beige box!

I imagine you could get a house mate or even find a house with an apt Possibility to rent.      Depends on what kind of neighborhood you want.   From Golden up against the foothills to downtown, there is a variety Of neighborhoods.     Access to bike trails is pretty good all over.  

Go go for it - Denver is awesome and I really miss it,    Considering it is the biggest city in a very large area, it has lots of amenities that you would attribute to larger cities -  sports, arts, outdoors, universities.   The population is well educated and fit.   Botanical gardens.   Great city park system.   Lite rail is growing.

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Denver Area Housing Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Temporary Housing in Portland-Area

Started by SoccerGK
Views: 769 Posts: 2

2011-02-28 4:20 PM freer

Need help, mostly from Denver area people

Started by JoeR
Views: 701 Posts: 5

2008-02-21 3:57 PM the bear

Denver Area - Helicopter Pilot

Started by mmakbenton
Views: 602 Posts: 13

2007-09-04 11:00 AM mr2tony

Anyone here in Denver? Pages: 1 2

Started by Stake
Views: 1210 Posts: 30

2005-09-21 6:32 PM bootygirl

Bob Denver Died

Started by nliedel
Views: 1203 Posts: 22

2005-09-07 4:40 PM Lara
RELATED ARTICLES
date : October 20, 2008
author : Lora109
comments : 9
I got about a minute into it and, despite bracing myself against it for months, I panicked. I could not get my breath. I said, "I can't do this, I can't do this."

date : June 4, 2008
author : mikericci
comments : 2
Don't know how to setup your triathlon transition area? We cover everything from wetsuit tips, bike check, nutrition, shoes, equipment placement to actual race day execution.
date : May 5, 2008
author : TriPainter
comments : 1
I went into the pool area (as this was a pool swim) and got body marked. That's when it hit me that I was there to race - this was not a clinic.

date : January 15, 2008
author : MLT1
comments : 4
The triathletes really inspired me. I watched them in awe as childlike thoughts went through my head like, "I want to do that!" But then reality set in. “Who are you kidding?
date : June 21, 2006
author : Ron
comments : 0
A few trathletes at a local race setup their transition area.

date : June 21, 2006
author : Ron
comments : 0
The transition area gets busy real fast!
date : September 4, 2004
author : surfking
How triathlons are very similiar to NASCAR.

date : September 2, 2004
author : Michael
How to properly and effectively lay out your triathlon transition area.