General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Which Compression Calf sleeves? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-11-01 11:03 AM

Subject: Which Compression Calf sleeves?
Hey guys,

I often get calf/shin soreness during/after running and decided to get some Compression sleeves to use while i train. Just wondering what you guys recommend ?

Also, can you usually use them in Triathlons, specifically Swimming ? If I get a Tri Suit, was thinking maybe swim in them rather than trying to put them on for the Run ?

Thanks

2015-11-01 5:45 PM
in reply to: LeWidget

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tallahassee, Florida
Subject: RE: Which Compression Calf sleeves?
I love compression calf sleeves. Sleeves - not socks for a thousand different reasons. First, the compression sleeves can be used during the swim and actually (I've heard) help with wetsuit removal. So wear during the swim, strip suit, hop on bike, and then run in them. But I also found that compression socks aid in my recovery. After run intervals or a long run, I put on my compression sleeves and then I can wear them to work (either under pants or when I have on knee high and a dress), I've slept in the sleeves before after long races and I wouldn't have been able to sleep in socks because my feet would have been too hot. To the horror of my family, I've also put on compression sleeves after a run and sandals. As far as the type to buy, I bought some cheap ones the first time and while they helped some. I prefer my CEP or another brand (can't remember brand) that are very high compression. I've been slower than others to embrace the compression sleeves for races (because of the heat) but I've heard they help slightly with speed so I plan to wear them in my marathon next week - unless the temp really rises. Everything I just said tho is my opinion only.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Which Compression Calf sleeves? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

How tight should calf compression sleeves be?

Started by emcwil
Views: 2911 Posts: 3

2013-10-04 12:21 PM cxk9758

Quality calf compression sleeves?

Started by mbwallis
Views: 1348 Posts: 6

2013-07-17 10:37 AM austhokie

Compression calf sleeves - share the knowledge please?

Started by TriDB
Views: 4718 Posts: 16

2013-02-05 12:02 PM TriDB

Compression calves sleeves for tall persons....

Started by tigers75
Views: 970 Posts: 3

2011-02-27 10:00 PM alex jb

Compression Calf Sleeves

Started by amychris52
Views: 1100 Posts: 4

2011-01-17 2:32 PM ontrack
RELATED ARTICLES
date : May 19, 2015
author : AMSSM
comments : 1
Over the last several years there has been increasing interest in, and use of, graded compression socks by athletes for training, racing, and recovery. Advertisements for these garments claim much.

date : March 17, 2015
comments : 0
Can you give me any information as to why those muscles are still feeling sore and if this will affect my training long term? I'm planning on doing a full Ironman in 2016.
date : January 20, 2014
I started my journey this month to lose weight with a goal of 100 pounds and completing three sprint triathlons. My beginning weight was 321 and it is now down to 307.

date : July 2, 2013
Deep calf pain can be a tricky problem to deal with, and it’s appropriate that you are paying attention to this pain before it becomes a more debilitating injury.
date : August 5, 2010
comments : 4
Calf pain can have multiple causes. In your case, the most likely cause seems to be from a calf muscle strain. If you have had Achilles problems you can be predisposed to a calf injury.

date : January 5, 2009
I have a pain deep in my calf about five inches below the knee. A sports doctor did not feel anything wrong in the muscle, and there was no bruising. The tender spot can still be felt on massage.
date : November 11, 2008
author : Coach AJ
comments : 2
Does compression clothing really work? Coach AJ was able to try out a line of compression wear by Skins during the 2008 Annual Hawaii Ironman Triathlon.

date : June 21, 2006
author : Team BT
Standing Calf Raises strength exercise instruction with picture and video.