General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Learning to love to run - tri beginners Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-11-09 8:01 AM

Subject: Learning to love to run - tri beginners
Hello my name is Jackie and I'm very new to tri. My background: im generally active with different type of sports but never serious in one. Prior to start training for tri, I danced/ did yoga twice a week, run 1x, swim 1x (but not so good at it), play golf 1x. I was looking for a new challenge in life and was fascinated by tri as a sport and was inspired by many triathletes.
My goal is not to loose weight but rather to gain strength (petite 5'2" 105 lbs). I'm very new to this forum so open for any advices and tips from everyone. I hope to do my first half marathon by next April and first sprint by August 2016.
Nice to meet everyone!

2015-11-10 12:46 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Subject: RE: Learning to love to run - tri beginners

Hi Jackie, congrats on both getting into triathlon and finding this site!

The members are pretty good on here with loads of advice on pretty much anything to do with triathlon, dont be shy, post away!!

I've been doing triathlons for three years now, so still a newbie by some standards! Like you I also havent come from an endurance background so I've learnt a lot. I'm blogging on my journey to my first ironman (next year) and hopefully there are some posts on my site that resonate with your experiences? http://www.triathlondaddy.com

Edited by Triathlon_daddy 2015-11-10 12:52 AM
2015-11-11 9:07 AM
in reply to: Jackiele

User image

Master
Columbus, Ohio
Coaching member
Subject: RE: Learning to love to run - tri beginners
Welcome Jackie!
This site has great articles and training plans, and above all, friendly people in the forums.
All the best with achieving your goals!
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Learning to love to run - tri beginners Rss Feed