General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » new to tri! ready to do this! Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-11-09 2:39 PM

Subject: new to tri! ready to do this!
Hello,

My name is enrique and im from nashville tn and have just know decided to do triathlon with a future goal of doing an ironman 70.

I have purchased t/t bike last week and almost ready to begin my workouts!

I've mostly been an ocr fan with over 20 spartan races total and a pair of half marathons.

My biggest problem will be the swim as i am a terrible swimmer and a bit worried about the open water swimming part! Lol i have signed up for the nashville sprint in 2016 so any advice will be tremwndously welcome!

Thanks everyone!

2015-11-10 1:01 AM
in reply to: playero_loko

User image

Subject: RE: new to tri! ready to do this!

Hey Enrique, congrats on the sign up for next year AND finding this site!! Loads of good advice to be found here, try posting on the triathlon talk site...

Now is a great time of year for swim training! I found this article useful recently on technique: http://breakingmuscle.com/swimming/how-to-swim-faster-its-all-in-your-head

2015-11-11 9:06 AM
in reply to: playero_loko

User image

Master
Columbus, Ohio
Coaching member
Subject: RE: new to tri! ready to do this!
Welcome! Lots of triathletes are terrible swimmers. Congrats on choosing a goal and committing to it!
There are tons of great articles on this site about swimming, and also post your individual struggles and questions in the Tri Talk forum, and you'll find lots of new friends to give you encouragement and help.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » new to tri! ready to do this! Rss Feed