Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Run
  • 2h 07m 44s
  • 12.7 miles
  • 10m 04s  min/mile
Comments:

I met a group of friends in San Fran for this race. It's fun but challenging to be an entirely out of town group!

The race started in Golden Gate park, which was hella scary in the dark! Big creepy trees. My friend Carrie had to run out of there, then Maria took the baton for a run across the GG bridge (after running 3 miles on the beach). I got the best assignment from the bridge, down through Sausalito. Most downhill, pretty scenery, and really peaceful. I got to the exchange and sadly waited until my team came, 20 minutes later, after a navigational mixup. From them on I vowed to bring my phone!

My second run was right after sunset. It was pretty straight forward, just running by the corn fields - oh wait, that's in Wisconsin - make that vineyards. I actually don't know, some kind of creepy crop with creepy sounds emanating. I wore my new shoe lights, which were fun and a crowd favorite. This went pretty fast due to the dark and flat route. It was chilly!

After my run, after about 20 minutes, I was SO SO SO COLD. This happens to affect me more than the average person, I have noticed, during Ragnar. I got the chills in a way that made me feel sick. I finally warmed up after drinking coffee, wearing all my clothes, and staying in the car. I might try the coffee route sooner in the future (TAKE NOTE!). I was bummed because I simply could not get out of the van and cheer for my friends.

We took showers after our second set of legs, which also really helped. I rested my eyes a bit and soon enough we were off again. My third leg started about 2 minutes after night hours ended, so I handed my gear to my teammate and headed out. This was BY FAR the best 3rd Ragnar run I have ever done. Super pretty morning light, ran through vineyards on private roads, amazing. I stopped several times for pictures and just soaked it in. Then, I was done!

Our team did really well, finishing with 20 mins of our estimated time. Pretty perfect, considering that's how long I waited after my first run! Napa is easily the best Ragnar, although not organizationally speaking. We had fun at the finish and then capped the trip with a great wine tour the next day.
Post race

Last updated: 2015-07-16 12:00 AM
Running
02:07:44 | 12.7 miles | 10m 04s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2015-11-10 2:00 PM

User image

Champion
, Minnesota
Bronze member
Subject: Ragnar Napa Valley
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Ragnar Napa Valley Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Ragnar Relay Napa Valley

Started by BikerGrrrl
Views: 2459 Posts: 8

2012-09-22 7:55 PM Artemis

Napa Valley Marathon

Started by slow&steady
Views: 1614 Posts: 7

2006-08-13 11:16 AM PTinVA

Napa Valley Marathon

Started by us50090
Views: 1431 Posts: 6

2006-03-06 10:56 AM ellismichael

Tour of Napa Valley

Started by cadreamer
Views: 1239 Posts: 12

2005-08-23 10:35 PM KathyG

Napa Valley "Grape Escape" Sprint Triathlon

Started by engineermunn
Views: 869 Posts: 2

2005-05-18 12:30 AM crazylegs
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 11, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
comments : 1
Have a goal when you get into the water. If your purpose is distance, then set your pace for endurance. If your objective is speed, then incorporate drills.