General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 920xt Tri Bundle vs 920xt HRM Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-11-17 9:18 AM

Subject: 920xt Tri Bundle vs 920xt HRM
I have seen a fairly new 920xt bundle that is the Tri specific bundle. Sounds cool. A HRM for swim specific situation for training and another HRM that is for open water swimming and lighter/thinner meant for a full Tri Race. I like the new color of the Tri bundle, but not sure it is really worth all of the extra $$$ for swim specific add-ons for heart rate.

Any thoughts / experiences? I know the new Tri bundle is very new, so not sure how many people have looked into this same thing.

2015-11-22 6:40 PM
in reply to: #5152518

User image

Subject: RE: 920xt Tri Bundle vs 920xt HRM
DCRainamker has a very good review of both of these bands if you haven't seen it (http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2015/11/garmin-hrm-swimtri-review.html). As for if either of them is right for you - that's only something you cam answer. Speaking for myself, I'm planning on getting the tri bundle for myself. I've been looking to upgrade from my 910xt, so the tri bundle interests me. Like you, I like the color of the 920xt in the tri bundle, but that in and of itself wouldn't be enough to convince me to go for the tri bundle. I'm interested in the capability of tracking HR during my swim, even though I'm not sure exactly how helpful it will be since it doesn't transmit real-time. Since I do 98% of my swims in the pool, I want the Swim HRM band, but wouldn't mind having the Tri HRM for races to track running stats like vertical oscillation.

That said, what's right for me might be be right for you. If you want heart rate recorded during your swims, I think it's a good idea to get one. If you don't much care about that, I believe the HRM Run will do everything the HRM Tri will do (minus heart rate for swimming, of course), but I would advise you to double check that statement, as I'm only about 90% sure of its veracity.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 920xt Tri Bundle vs 920xt HRM Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Get a Garmin Edge, stick with only 920xt or a cheap bike computer

Started by ulf.lundh
Views: 1555 Posts: 5

2015-08-21 1:26 AM ulf.lundh

HELP w/charging 920xt with quick release kit on

Started by Brendab
Views: 1887 Posts: 3

2014-12-09 10:42 AM Brendab

HRM - Polar vs Garmin

Started by mbrenneman
Views: 1229 Posts: 12

2010-02-02 9:59 PM mbrenneman

HRM - Price Vs Quality

Started by wurkit_gurl
Views: 649 Posts: 4

2007-06-22 1:42 PM camy

Polar S625x vs. Nike Triax Elite HRM/SDM

Started by rlominack
Views: 730 Posts: 1

2005-04-23 12:04 PM rlominack
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 11, 2011
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
Dean from Fitwerx answers a BT member question about what kind of bike should be the "next bike."

date : October 8, 2008
author : FitWerx
comments : 2
What kind of time difference would one expect in changing from a road bike with aerobars to a tri bike with aerobars over a HIM distance if using the same wheelset?
date : May 1, 2006
author : KevinKonczak
comments : 0
Discussions on periodization, tubular vs clinchers, swimming cadence, 650's vs 700's, plan priority, RAAM after double IM and swim training before race day.

date : September 5, 2004
author : Team BT
Important terms and definitions for many words encountered in the world of triathlons
date : September 5, 2004
author : Team BT
During this past year, I’ve found that there are secrets “out there” - hidden fitness secrets and tips.