General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Training with power Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-11-17 8:05 PM

Subject: Training with power
i just purchased a power meter after a few sessions using trainer road virtual power. I'm synced up with golden cheetah. There are tons of pre-built workouts that I'd like to use, but I'm having a tough time figuring out which ones to select. My offseason is dedicated to improving my swim and bike, and I'll run I between. I've done 6 sprints this year and want to progress to the point where I can do olys pretty comfortably this coming season. Can anyone point me to a source that can help me understand how to select the appropriate structured workouts? Thanks!

2015-11-17 8:25 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro
Wisconsin near the Twin Cities metro
Subject: RE: Training with power

You should check out the winter cycling program right here on BT.  Feel free to ask any questions you have about it.  Lots of great information in this power mentor thread as well.

Edited by Birkierunner 2015-11-17 8:28 PM
2015-11-18 7:33 AM
in reply to: Budwiiser

User image

Pro
Melbourne FL
Gold member

Yes the BT Cycling Program is a great way to go.  We just established a challenge thread for this officially starting on Nov 30th.  I don't know if TR has the program as part of its listing, I'll check with Trevor on this...

2015-11-18 10:11 AM
in reply to: #5152603

Thanks Birkierunner and Donto. I'm reading through the power mentor thread, lots of good information there and it's long. I'm only 8 pages in of the 70+ pages. I'll check on the cycling programs once I get through that. I'm guessing I'll find the written workouts and I can just go into the pre-loaded workouts in golden cheetah and match them up. Once I got the power meter, I didn't rally have a need for the monthly fees that trainer road required, but it was worth the money for the virtual power prior to having a power meter.
2015-11-18 10:21 AM
in reply to: Donto

User image

Pro
Wisconsin near the Twin Cities metro

Originally posted by Donto

Yes the BT Cycling Program is a great way to go.  .........  I don't know if TR has the program as part of its listing, I'll check with Trevor on this...

TR did have it earlier this year

2015-11-18 11:10 AM
in reply to: Birkierunner

User image

Pro
Melbourne FL
Gold member

Originally posted by Birkierunner

Yes the BT Cycling Program is a great way to go.  .........  I don't know if TR has the program as part of its listing, I'll check with Trevor on this...

TR did have it earlier this year

Interesting, I've been PM with Trevor, he says they don't have it but will look into building it. (I don't have TR to verify)

2015-11-18 11:17 AM
in reply to: Budwiiser

User image

Pro
Melbourne FL
Gold member

Originally posted by Budwiiser Thanks Birkierunner and Donto. I'm reading through the power mentor thread, lots of good information there and it's long. I'm only 8 pages in of the 70+ pages. I'll check on the cycling programs once I get through that. I'm guessing I'll find the written workouts and I can just go into the pre-loaded workouts in golden cheetah and match them up. Once I got the power meter, I didn't rally have a need for the monthly fees that trainer road required, but it was worth the money for the virtual power prior to having a power meter.
I Think the files for GC are in the thread.  I happen to have the cliff notes for each of the weeks in a word/pdf doc if your interested. If you want it email me (my email is listed in my profile) and I can send it to you.

2015-11-18 2:17 PM
in reply to: Donto

Originally posted by Budwiiser Thanks Birkierunner and Donto. I'm reading through the power mentor thread, lots of good information there and it's long. I'm only 8 pages in of the 70+ pages. I'll check on the cycling programs once I get through that. I'm guessing I'll find the written workouts and I can just go into the pre-loaded workouts in golden cheetah and match them up. Once I got the power meter, I didn't rally have a need for the monthly fees that trainer road required, but it was worth the money for the virtual power prior to having a power meter.
I Think the files for GC are in the thread.  I happen to have the cliff notes for each of the weeks in a word/pdf doc if your interested. If you want it email me (my email is listed in my profile) and I can send it to you.

That would be great. I just PM'd you my email address, thanks a bunch!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Training with power Rss Feed