General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Mentor groups Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-11-23 5:48 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: Mentor groups
I have not seen anything about the 2016 mentor groups yet.

Anyone planning or looking to join one ?

2015-11-23 6:29 PM
in reply to: marcag

User image

Master
South Alabama
Subject: RE: Mentor groups

After taking last year off from doing a mentor group,,,,Jason/Wannabefaster and I are planning on co-mentoring a group when they open up.  Assuming the powers that be accept us as mentors.

Randy

2015-11-23 8:52 PM

User image

Pro
Wisconsin near the Twin Cities metro

I'll likely repeat my group

2015-11-23 9:00 PM

User image

Last year, and I think in year's past, the mentor groups started in January.  It makes sense since most of the community is in full off season mode and focused more on the busy holiday season.  Usually right around New Years is when people get motivated again with resolutions, upcoming season goals and such.

2015-11-23 9:34 PM
in reply to: slornow

User image

Extreme Veteran
Silicon Valley
Originally posted by slornow

After taking last year off from doing a mentor group,,,,Jason/Wannabefaster and I are planning on co-mentoring a group when they open up.  Assuming the powers that be accept us as mentors.

Randy

If you guys do a group, count me in.
2015-11-24 8:13 AM

User image

Katy, Texas
How do the mentor groups work?

2015-11-24 8:20 AM
in reply to: 3mar

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by 3mar

there is a special area on the site

When time comes, a mentor (like Randy and Jim) will create their own groups. Typically they post a bio and say what their group is about. People ask to join and post their bio. When the group hits a certain size (determined by the mentor), the mentors closes the group.

Then there is discussion amongst the members.People get very much into a first name basis.

I have read through but Randy/Jason and Jim's groups and they are REALLY good.

The quality of the information shared in the mentor groups is IMO, much much better. Especially when you have guys like that with their wealth of knowledge.

2015-11-24 9:40 AM
in reply to: Stuartap

User image

Master
South Alabama

Originally posted by Stuartap
Originally posted by slornow

Randy

If you guys do a group, count me in.

Will do Stuart.  Hope you are well.

2015-11-24 9:42 AM

User image

Master
South Alabama

Originally posted by marcag
Originally posted by 3mar How do the mentor groups work?
there is a special area on the site When time comes, a mentor (like Randy and Jim) will create their own groups. Typically they post a bio and say what their group is about. People ask to join and post their bio. When the group hits a certain size (determined by the mentor), the mentors closes the group. Then there is discussion amongst the members.People get very much into a first name basis. I have read through but Randy/Jason and Jim's groups and they are REALLY good. The quality of the information shared in the mentor groups is IMO, much much better. Especially when you have guys like that with their wealth of knowledge.

Thanks Marc.  With participation on BT dropping over the years I find that I am not on the site nearly as much when I am not involved with a group.  We have lost some really good contributors over the past few years.

Best

Randy

2015-11-24 10:00 AM

User image

Katy, Texas
Originally posted by marcag

Originally posted by 3mar

there is a special area on the site

When time comes, a mentor (like Randy and Jim) will create their own groups. Typically they post a bio and say what their group is about. People ask to join and post their bio. When the group hits a certain size (determined by the mentor), the mentors closes the group.

Then there is discussion amongst the members.People get very much into a first name basis.

I have read through but Randy/Jason and Jim's groups and they are REALLY good.

The quality of the information shared in the mentor groups is IMO, much much better. Especially when you have guys like that with their wealth of knowledge.

Thanks Marc. I would be interested in joining one of those groups for sure.
2015-11-24 11:05 AM
in reply to: 3mar

User image

, Washington

I have to give a shout out to Shane & Marc regarding the 2013/2014 Power Mentor Group.  That was awesome stuff and peeps are still referred back to it......thread has 64,000+ views.

2015-11-26 7:56 PM
in reply to: RandyP

Originally posted by RandyP

I have to give a shout out to Shane & Marc regarding the 2013/2014 Power Mentor Group.  That was awesome stuff and peeps are still referred back to it......thread has 64,000+ views.

I've been reading through the power mentor group and I'm really hoping there is one that I can join. I recently purchased a power meter and looking for an opportunity to kearn how to have more effective training as I'm focused on improving my cycling this off season.
2015-11-26 9:47 PM
in reply to: Budwiiser

User image

Extreme Veteran
Langley, BC, 'Wet Coast' Canada
Originally posted by Budwiiser

Originally posted by RandyP

I've been reading through the power mentor group and I'm really hoping there is one that I can join. I recently purchased a power meter and looking for an opportunity to kearn how to have more effective training as I'm focused on improving my cycling this off season.

Hey, Bud! (always wanted to say this

Have you seen this ?

Subject: BT Winter Cycling Program Challenge 2015 - 2016

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp...

2015-11-29 5:31 PM
in reply to: #5153418

Thanks triosaurus... Reading through it now!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Mentor groups Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Create Our Own Mentor Group? (June - September)

Started by xxblueyesxx
Views: 1219 Posts: 10

2010-06-08 6:23 AM ironannekidd

mentor groups!

Started by newbz
Views: 968 Posts: 14

2010-04-06 11:43 PM newbz

Any Mentor Group willing to adopt me?

Started by hrliles
Views: 1084 Posts: 7

2010-01-08 3:26 PM trigods

I need a mentor group, any openings???

Started by nancylee
Views: 843 Posts: 5

2009-01-04 9:45 AM lkagop

mentor group

Started by Elly
Views: 497 Posts: 2

2007-02-19 11:08 AM triOK
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
comments : 0
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.

date : July 15, 2009
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.
date : October 2, 2007
author : docgill
Is it possible for loners to work in a small group and still have plenty of time on their own? Training in small groups can give many benefits.

date : August 17, 2007
37-year-old Bill Fults is an age-group triathlete. But by day he's an Air Flight Paramedic. He also spent the better part of a decade as an Army Ranger.
date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.

date : November 10, 2006
author : Valdora Cycles
comments : 1
Which component group is right for you? Here are some differences on weight, performance and price between the Dura-Ace, Ultegra and 105 component groups.
date : January 29, 2006
author : Rich Strauss
comments : 2
The most valuable thing you can do for your endurance training is to schedule a weekly 2-4hr long ride from now until the end of time. Simply make this “what you do” every Saturday or Sunday morning.

date : January 1, 2006
author : acbadger
Individuals are just that, individuals and need individual programs. However, with a group the size of yours, it may be difficult for your coaches to do 25 individual workouts.