General Discussion Triathlon Talk » One of those seat questions Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-11-25 12:18 PM

Subject: One of those seat questions
I have a Cobb Gen2 seat on my Trek 1500. The bike is on the trainer and the seat is several years old. I have many miles on it. Recently my a$$ is sore after riding. I mean even an hour into the ride it hurts to move around. It's not a blister type or raw or even a numb sore. IT is right into my bones type sore.

It's right on the inner side of my bones. It seems more so on my right side then my left. I am not sure what to do. I have lost about 40 pounds since I bought the seat and I have a Cobb Plus on my Slice and I like that one.

Should I try raising or tilting the seat? Maybe it's biased to one side to much? Maybe I have been off the bike for too long and my bones are just not up to riding condition? Any thoughts are welcomed.

I should add that I have also noticed that my shoulders were a little numb between my blades.

Thanks
Joe

2015-11-25 1:38 PM
in reply to: #5153746

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: One of those seat questions
Fit seems to be different when the bike is static. I use my Tri bike on the trainer because it's comfortable for hours when static. My road bike I don't like for more than an hour on the trainer yet can ride it all day on the road comfortably.

Saddles can wear/pack down and fit differently over time and use.
2015-11-26 10:46 AM
in reply to: magic

User image

Brooklyn, New York
Originally posted by magic

Fit seems to be different when the bike is static. I use my Tri bike on the trainer because it's comfortable for hours when static. My road bike I don't like for more than an hour on the trainer yet can ride it all day on the road comfortably.

Saddles can wear/pack down and fit differently over time and use.

Great, I'm about to get a trainer and finally get off my spinner and into watt training and fear I'me going to have to change the whole road bike setup when static
2015-11-27 7:40 AM
in reply to: TJHammer

User image

Pro
, New Hampshire
With a good fit, you shouldn't have to change anything when on the trainer... just get out of the saddle for 1-2min per 30 min and you should be good.
2015-11-27 4:14 PM
in reply to: audiojan

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
I find I move around a lot less on the trainer than I do when I ride outside. You don't weight shift as much on the trainer for cornering or getting to your drink bottle and things like that. This lack of movement can contribute to the soreness.

How long has it been since you have been on this bike? If it's been a while that will also contribute some. I would check that your seat is straight to start with. As it may have got knocked a little off line too.
2015-11-27 7:20 PM
in reply to: #5153760

User image

Wakefield, Massachusetts
Is your front wheel on a riser? When I first started on the trainer I had my wheel on the floor, and it was pretty uncomfortable to be in aero or in the drops for more than 10-15 minutes. I put a piece of 2x4 under the wheel, and it's much better. Just a thought before you buy a new seat or redo your fit.

2015-11-28 7:57 AM
in reply to: Fourteenkittens

Well I switched bikes from my road to my Tri bike. I rode yesterday for 105 minutes and do not feel sore. My legs actually feel like they got a good work out and my HR was higher. I think the later was all that Dark Roast.. I rode the same TR route so everything was the same except the bike.
I did stand up three times for a total of 1 minute. No numbness in the arms or blades. My old road bike might just be all out of wack I will see how Sunday goes.

I do use a riser block.

Joe
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » One of those seat questions Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Seat Post Bike Rack for Carbon Seat Post

Started by Porfirio
Views: 2092 Posts: 5

2011-05-20 3:08 PM Porfirio

One question for the guys, and one for the ladies Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5

Started by SeminoleTriathlete
Views: 5907 Posts: 102

2009-03-24 8:04 PM SevenZulu

Seat angle question

Started by bmacmanus
Views: 537 Posts: 3

2006-06-20 5:01 PM elheffe99

Guy question - bike seat

Started by cobannero
Views: 1131 Posts: 19

2006-01-04 12:04 PM surfwallace

Bike Seat or Trailer for the Little One

Started by Freenthec
Views: 930 Posts: 16

2005-03-24 10:49 PM Freenthec
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 7, 2009
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
Would it be a simple and advisable to swap back and forth between the road seat post with no aero bars and the tri seat post with aero bars?

date : August 5, 2008
author : AMSSM
comments : 1
Is your bike seat uncomfortable? Are your parts going numb? This article discusses the important concepts of bicycle seat neuropathy, treatment and prevention.
date : June 23, 2006
author : Team BT
comments : 0
One Arm Dumbbell Row strength exercise instruction with picture and video.

date : June 22, 2006
Seated Bicep Curl – Alternating Dumbell strength exercise instruction with picture and video.
date : June 22, 2006
Seated Biceps Curl - Dumbbell strength exercise instruction with picture and video.

date : June 21, 2006
Seated Crunch-Twist strength exercise instruction with picture and video.
date : June 21, 2006
Seated Row Machine-Overhand Grip strength exercise instruction with picture and video

date : June 18, 2006
Seated row machine strength exercise instruction with picture and video