Walk to Race Area with Family
Event warmup:

Ran about 1/4 mile around the area
Run
  • 41m 57s
  • 10 kms
  • 04m 12s  min/km
Comments:

THE TEST. This was to see if I had really got my speed back, and I think I can say I have. I ran 2 different 5Ks prior to this, but it was hard to gauge my speed there, as they were very unique. This one was the test. I had no Garmin, so I depended on Mapmyrun on my phone. It was ok. I really couldn't have run it any better than I did. I held the pace I wanted until that last mile or so, and it began to take it's toll. I was on a 6:30ish pace until that end, and it slipped a bit. Not bad. Had I had this time last year, I would have been 3rd in my age division, but apparently the old guys are getting faster!!!! Hopefully me included. Last year I was injured so I was hoping for a comeback. Next couple of years will be focused on BIG ultra stuff, so they should be interesting.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked to the car

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Weight, but it's a trade off. I like having some muscle and not being a skinny little runner dude, so it's acceptable.

Event comments:

I love this race, but the organizer is not making this easy to keep coming back to. She needs to add more fun to this. She needs help. Hasn't she ever been to awesome races and wanted to emulate the best parts of those experiences? She relies to much on sponsors to give away free stuff, and won't throw enough of her proceeds back into frills. I wish she would just sell the race.

Last updated: 2015-11-28 12:00 AM
Running
00:41:57 | 10 kms | 04m 12s  min/km
Age Group: 8/558
Overall: 261/13148
Performance: Good
Course: Straight up Vine, Right on E. Liberty, Right on Reading until it becomes Central Parkway, left on Eggleston to Pete Rose, then across bridge to Newport, a little hitch and then down 4th to the bridge, back across into Ohio, hang a right and to the finish line.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? No
Plenty of drinks? No
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2015-11-28 12:26 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Latonia, Kentucky (near Cincinnati)
Subject: Thanksgiving Day Race
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Thanksgiving Day Race Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

97th Annual THanksgiving Day Race

Started by moreland007
Views: 1060 Posts: 1

2006-11-24 8:58 AM moreland007

Thanksgiving Day Race

Started by timebaron
Views: 1252 Posts: 3

2006-11-25 4:12 AM timebaron

97th Annual THanksgiving Day Race

Started by buckeye66
Views: 1066 Posts: 2

2006-11-23 8:50 PM 1 Foot The Other

Thanksgiving Day Race

Started by Sassafras
Views: 1373 Posts: 2

2005-11-28 1:12 PM watergirl

Thanksgiving Day Race

Started by timebaron
Views: 1276 Posts: 1

2005-11-26 5:11 AM timebaron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : May 19, 2010
author : Patrick McCrann
comments : 1
Part 2 is about race day pacing, warming up and a discussion on the usefulness of powermeters and heart-rate monitors for half and full Iron distance races.

date : October 7, 2009
author : EnduranceFilms
Learn the important aspects of a successful pre-race nutrition plan including carbo-loading and eating the morning of the race.
date : May 5, 2009
author : Amy Kuitse
comments : 0
A few tips for beginners during taper week to settle your nerves. Includes a race day checklist and some race day tips.

date : August 8, 2008
author : Coach AJ
Discussions on race day weakness, long course nutrition, RPE on race day and the key to a successful Ironman marathon
date : June 11, 2008
author : Team BT
comments : 2
Are you about to race your first triathlon? Here are two great tips on swimming your first open water triathlon race.

date : June 11, 2007
author : MegL
comments : 2
So someone convinced you to get off the couch and truck-it to the finish line. Now what? Here's a look at the process from admiring others to inspiring others.
date : November 23, 2005
author : acbadger
Don’t go without, just watch portion sizes and remember that there is ALWAYS time to get a short workout in…if you make the time!

date : June 14, 2005
author : tomp
Tips on swimming, biking and running to race-day lessons from this beginners first five months of training.