General Discussion Triathlon Talk » wetsuit brands Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-11-29 11:28 AM

User image

Subject: wetsuit brands
Hi, So, I'm training for my first triathlon, and I've started researching wetsuits. and I know I want one with sleeves. But I don't know anything about brands or "categories" I was thinking about the TYR Category 1 or 2. Are there better brands out there? I'm hoping to spend under $300. Aslo something that has good buoyancy. Thanks!

Edited by [email protected] 2015-11-29 11:31 AM

2015-11-29 12:52 PM
in reply to: [email protected]

User image

Subject: RE: wetsuit brands

I'm a big fan of the Zone3 wetsuits, although Tyr does some great products. In the end, it's largely a matter of personal preference, and ideally you'd want to try the wetsuit on in water before deciding. At some events there are exhibitors that allow you to do that.

Anyway, Wiggle has some great deals for Zone3 wetsuits atm, with their Aspire model (which is their "intermediate" model) for 238 USD, at 40% off. Check it out, but make sure you get the sizing right, either by going to a store first and try it on there or by just hoping for the best and sending it back if the fit is not right and getting another size. 

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/zone3/?sr=zone3

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » wetsuit brands Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Brand of wetsuit

Started by WolverinesTri
Views: 646 Posts: 4

2013-01-09 7:45 PM spearit

Recommend first wetsuit (brand and size)

Started by murpbrad
Views: 1416 Posts: 7

2011-02-15 3:07 PM popsracer

which wetsuit brands to fit mutant body?

Started by enginerd
Views: 579 Posts: 2

2006-07-05 1:20 PM Opus

tri wetsuits vs. winsurf wetsuits

Started by capnsantini
Views: 1400 Posts: 6

2005-07-03 11:08 AM T in Liberty Lake

1st Tri - To wetsuit or not to wetsuit

Started by regimom
Views: 2686 Posts: 11

2005-06-16 2:50 PM us50090
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 24, 2012
comments : 1
Your wetsuit is a substantial investment, and proper care will extend its life considerably.

date : February 4, 2010
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 0
Learn about the different styles of triathlon wetsuits, how to choose one and why it is beneficial to have one.
date : November 17, 2008
author : Ontherun
In part 3 of this series on mid-range fullsuits, we review the Neo Sport Sprint fullsuit for comfort, warmth, buoyancy and performance.

date : September 3, 2008
author : Ontherun
The first video in this series will go through some wetsuit basics: what is a triathlon wetsuit, different styles, rules for racing with a wetsuit and wetsuit care and fit.
date : August 20, 2008
I'm doing my first tri Saturday. It starts at 7 AM and the forecast is calling for a high of 82 (air temp). Do I need to rush out and get a wetsuit?

date : July 7, 2008
author : Ron
This is a 'first impressions' review of the Fit2Race Sockeye Fullsuit. From a first wetsuit point-of-view, I was able to dramatically improve my pace over non-wetsuit swims.
date : June 4, 2008
author : mikericci
comments : 2
Don't know how to setup your triathlon transition area? We cover everything from wetsuit tips, bike check, nutrition, shoes, equipment placement to actual race day execution.

date : June 27, 2007
Questions and answers on wetsuit swimming, cadence, interval time, paddle benefit, hand entry, runners kick drills, bilateral breathing and race breathing.