General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Focused and Driven! Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-12-01 3:37 PM

summit, New Jersey
Subject: Focused and Driven!
Hey everyone,
Its good to be on this forum to be able to share and pick up ideas from everyone. I'm 37 yrs old and have done only small sprint triathlons 4 years ago. Me and my best freind decided to take the plunge and get into the Ironman 70.3 syracuse this june. We are very excited to undertake this challenge and push oursleves to limits never before experienced. I'm in the process of putting together my training plan and get the next 6 months laid out. In doing so I'd like everyone's feed back on managing this process and challenge while being both working parents to a 2 year old. What are some obstacles, tips and ways to manage training in an already hectic life schedule?
I'm excited to accomplis this and see what I can acheive and also accomplish next.......Ironman Kona maybe!???

Ron

2015-12-02 10:11 AM
in reply to: sosdawg5

User image

Katy, Texas
Subject: RE: Focused and Driven!
Welcome to the forum and the sport. It's highly addictive, but definitely takes time management. As a father of three small kids, my biggest peice of advice is to go to bed when they do (mine are all asleep by 8:00 and I'm out by 8:01) then wake up early and get your workouts in before anyone is awake. Lunchtime workouts are also really helpful if your work schedule can accomidate it.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Focused and Driven! Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Cycling focused, triathlon curious

Started by Netdewt
Views: 1182 Posts: 2

2013-01-13 4:16 PM bcraht

Trying to keep focused

Started by 100n5at180
Views: 667 Posts: 2

2012-09-10 7:49 AM Ron

A change of focus

Started by mwindsorfw
Views: 784 Posts: 3

2008-11-15 7:21 AM kuota3

not new but newly focused....

Started by piggiepigg
Views: 628 Posts: 3

2006-07-20 11:53 AM dexter

Need some Focus

Started by Dirty Diggs
Views: 607 Posts: 3

2005-09-02 7:51 AM amiine
RELATED ARTICLES
date : October 23, 2006
author : mikericci
comments : 1
This program is for a second year or greater athlete who wants to improve their run. The athlete must be able to run for at least 1 hour and should be able to complete 4 weekly run sessions.

comments : 0
This program is for a second year or greater athlete who wants to improve their bike. The athlete must be able to bike for at least 1:30 hours and should be able to complete 4-5 weekly bike sessions.
This program is for a second year or greater athlete who wants to improve their swim. The athlete must be able to swim at least 2,500 yards and at a pace of better than 2:15 per 100.

date : July 4, 2005
author : Ontherun
comments : 3
Motivation can be hard to come by some days. Here are a few things I have learned to help stay focused.
date : May 30, 2005
author : pjsuperhawk
Maintaining a positive attitude and a sense of priority will be my keys to success. Before summer fades into fall, I will be a Triathlete and eager to race again.

date : February 28, 2005
author : gsmacleod
The role of concentration and focus in athletic training and competition.
date : September 2, 2004
author : Michael
Sometimes life just isn’t fair! We all have situations come up from time to time that test our dedication to triathlon training.

date : September 2, 2004
author : Michael
comments : 1
I take for granted getting to train and how fortunate I am to have the health that I have. Life…it doesn’t seem fair and it’s not always fair.