of 4

2016-01-28 12:31 PM
in reply to: ejshowers

User image

Champion
Chicago, Illinois
Subject: RE: Ted Cruz
Originally posted by ejshowers

I have heard a bit about the roommate thing very funny. I don't think Cruz has many friends (no surprise!) Never heard about Gore and Jones. Cool.

I thought that was pretty common knowledge.

Then again my old neighbor said we should not for vote for AL Gore because he can not spell potato and everyone knew it. That he told a kid at a spelling bee he was wrong that it was spelled potatoe. FYI that was Dan Quayle . He would only concede that maybe Quayle did it too.

2016-01-28 12:50 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Originally posted by tuwood

Originally posted by ejshowers I have heard a bit about the roommate thing very funny. I don't think Cruz has many friends (no surprise!) Never heard about Gore and Jones. Cool.

Ditto, I hadn't heard of either.

It's funny to watch the various Trump haters who feel he could never work with anyone tend to feel Cruz is much worse.

I hate the thought of either of them in the White House, but if you put a gun to my head and made me pick one or the other, I'd pick Trump in a heartbeat. I can't believe I just typed that...
2016-01-28 1:42 PM
in reply to: jmk-brooklyn

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn

Originally posted by ejshowers I have heard a bit about the roommate thing very funny. I don't think Cruz has many friends (no surprise!) Never heard about Gore and Jones. Cool.

Ditto, I hadn't heard of either.

It's funny to watch the various Trump haters who feel he could never work with anyone tend to feel Cruz is much worse.

I hate the thought of either of them in the White House, but if you put a gun to my head and made me pick one or the other, I'd pick Trump in a heartbeat. I can't believe I just typed that...

Hang on, taking screenshot...  

I've been on record pretty consistently supporting Cruz, but the stuff that's come out the past several weeks makes me raise an eyebrow or two.

2016-02-01 10:48 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

In the category of stupidest political stunts ever Cruz has topped them all.

http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/ted-cruzs-iowa-mailers-are-more-fraudulent-than-everyone-thinks

I was watching a thread on a conservative site and they were blowing up over this and there wasn't a single person who thought the Cruz campaign really did it.  They were certain it was dirty politics of somebody else sending them out.  Then his campaign comes out and confirms it was them.

Talk about a mic drop walk off strike out in the final weekend.  I can't see any way he wins Iowa after this stunt and he had a decent shot before the weekend.

2016-02-02 8:51 AM

User image

Deep in the Heart of Texas

It really seemed to set him back.

2016-02-02 9:31 AM
in reply to: Hook'em

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Hook'em

lol, yeah I stand corrected.  

Whats funny is for the last couple elections I'd argue until I was blue in the face that the polls were "wrong" and so and so was going to win.  I was always proven wrong because the polls were always right.  Then this time I go along with the polls which all showed Cruz fading fast and this happens.  haha

Cruz has a ton of work to do if he wants to make a showing in NH and several other future states.  Nationally he's still got a lot to make up as well.

One thing that's interesting overall is how some states give all delegates to the winner and others give proportional delegates.  So a win in Iowa (which gives all) is bigger than a win in NH (which gives proportional).  So a candidate would have to win 2 or 3 states to equal a single Iowa.  Not a big deal, but I find it interesting.

2016-02-02 9:54 AM

User image

Deep in the Heart of Texas

Whats funny is for the last couple elections I'd argue until I was blue in the face that the polls were "wrong" and so and so was going to win.  I was always proven wrong because the polls were always right.  Then this time I go along with the polls which all showed Cruz fading fast and this happens.  haha

Cruz has a ton of work to do if he wants to make a showing in NH and several other future states.  Nationally he's still got a lot to make up as well.

One thing that's interesting overall is how some states give all delegates to the winner and others give proportional delegates.  So a win in Iowa (which gives all) is bigger than a win in NH (which gives proportional).  So a candidate would have to win 2 or 3 states to equal a single Iowa.  Not a big deal, but I find it interesting.

Don't underestimate the Cruz machine.  He has strong organizations in states well into the primary season.  I watched him come from nowhere in Texas to handily defeat a well liked and wealthy opponent for the Senate.  He might not win NH, but I suspect he'll do well in SC and the SEC primary states on March 1. 

2016-02-02 10:08 AM
in reply to: Hook'em

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Don't underestimate the Cruz machine.  He has strong organizations in states well into the primary season.  I watched him come from nowhere in Texas to handily defeat a well liked and wealthy opponent for the Senate.  He might not win NH, but I suspect he'll do well in SC and the SEC primary states on March 1. 

Yeah, it definitely worked in Iowa.

2016-02-15 5:37 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

Guess what paper said this:
"[T]he freshman senator has demonstrated a frightening willingness to push the American economy to the brink of disaster to pursue his ideological agenda — even when he clearly does not have the votes to get his way. The freshman senator’s methodical run for the White House is obviously well-planned, but Cruz’s self-centered approach has thoroughly alienated even his Republican Senate colleagues. And that is obviously a recipe for a weak, unsuccessful administration. He lacks the temperament to be president."

New York Times.

Oh wait...did I say New York Times? I meant "San Antonio Express-News".

Edited by jmk-brooklyn 2016-02-15 5:38 PM
2016-02-26 10:43 AM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member
I saw this on FB this morning and it has absolutely made my day shine! :-)

(CruzAlien.PNG)

Attachments
----------------
CruzAlien.PNG (66KB - 5 downloads)
2016-02-26 11:04 AM

User image

Pro
Tejas
Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn

Guess what paper said this:
"[T]he freshman senator has demonstrated a frightening willingness to push the American economy to the brink of disaster to pursue his ideological agenda — even when he clearly does not have the votes to get his way. The freshman senator’s methodical run for the White House is obviously well-planned, but Cruz’s self-centered approach has thoroughly alienated even his Republican Senate colleagues. And that is obviously a recipe for a weak, unsuccessful administration. He lacks the temperament to be president."

New York Times.

Oh wait...did I say New York Times? I meant "San Antonio Express-News".

Meh, they're one in the same. I stopped buying that liberal rag years ago.

2016-02-26 11:05 AM
in reply to: ejshowers

User image

Pro
Tejas
Originally posted by ejshowers

I saw this on FB this morning and it has absolutely made my day shine! :-)

That's brilliant!
2016-02-27 4:58 PM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by mdg2003
Originally posted by ejshowers I saw this on FB this morning and it has absolutely made my day shine! :-)
That's brilliant!

lol, agree.

One thing that is awesome about the growth of social media.  Politics makes for a lot of creative fun.

Fruit Ninja

2016-03-01 11:26 AM

User image

It will be interesting to see how my brother with his misspelled name does today, especially in Texas. Seems he's concerned about even carrying Texas as he spent all of yesterday there and pretty much ignored the other states. At the end of the day I think Rubio and Cruz will be a virtual tie, for second. 

2016-03-01 12:24 PM
in reply to: crusevegas

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by crusevegas

It will be interesting to see how my brother with his misspelled name does today, especially in Texas. Seems he's concerned about even carrying Texas as he spent all of yesterday there and pretty much ignored the other states. At the end of the day I think Rubio and Cruz will be a virtual tie, for second. 

I mentioned it in the other thread, but I've read quite a few articles about Cruz winning Texas as being a good thing for Trump.  If Cruz loses Texas then he's quite likely to just quit the race.  However, if he wins he will most certainly continue on.
If he quits then Rubio can hope to consolidate some of his votes to get more support.

Now, that's the strategy but I honestly think Trump would pick up more Cruz voters than Rubio would.  Either way Trump comes out ahead so it's not really that big of a deal.  

2016-03-01 12:47 PM

User image

I mentioned it in the other thread, but I've read quite a few articles about Cruz winning Texas as being a good thing for Trump.  If Cruz loses Texas then he's quite likely to just quit the race.  However, if he wins he will most certainly continue on.
If he quits then Rubio can hope to consolidate some of his votes to get more support.

Now, that's the strategy but I honestly think Trump would pick up more Cruz voters than Rubio would.  Either way Trump comes out ahead so it's not really that big of a deal.  

I see Rubio being a distant 3rd in TX and it being somewhat close between Cruz and Trump. I think anyone who believes that the lion share of votes Cruz gets would fall to Rubio and not Trump has spent way to much time on the 420 HiWay. 

2016-03-01 12:54 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

I see Rubio being a distant 3rd in TX and it being somewhat close between Cruz and Trump. I think anyone who believes that the lion share of votes Cruz gets would fall to Rubio and not Trump has spent way to much time on the 420 HiWay. 

I expect Cruz to win TX, but it will likely be within 3-5% between him and Trump.  Trump has been narrowing the gap lately so he could win.

2016-03-01 3:44 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

This one is bordering on tinfoil hat realm, so I post it merely for entertainment purposes:

BOMBSHELL: Ted Cruz Makes Plan To DROP OUT OF THE RACE!

The funny part is that I'm not sure Cruz could get an up vote through the senate even if something like this were to happen.  lol

2016-03-01 4:22 PM

User image

This one is bordering on tinfoil hat realm, so I post it merely for entertainment purposes:

BOMBSHELL: Ted Cruz Makes Plan To DROP OUT OF THE RACE!

The funny part is that I'm not sure Cruz could get an up vote through the senate even if something like this were to happen.  lol

Interesting. Don't you have to be the president to appoint someone to the SOUTUS?

From a votes not lost to the Don, it would make more sense for Rubio to Drop out I would think.

2016-04-27 4:09 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
I read that there are rumblings that Cruz was planning to name Carly Fiorina as his running mate, should he get the nomination.

I admit, if it's true,, I'm a little mistified by the choice. I can only assume that he wanted to tap someone who would make him seem likeable and sincere by comparison.
2016-04-27 8:32 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn I read that there are rumblings that Cruz was planning to name Carly Fiorina as his running mate, should he get the nomination. I admit, if it's true,, I'm a little mistified by the choice. I can only assume that he wanted to tap someone who would make him seem likeable and sincere by comparison.

I saw that too and heard a record screech in the background.  My guess is that she's the only "outsider" left in the field so he grabbed her and wanted to try and grab some of the female vote.  Carly is not very well liked by conservatives so my initial thought is that this will be a negative for him, but I truly don't know.

Personally, I can't stand her so it makes me like him less.

2016-04-27 8:40 PM

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho

You can't put a spit shine on a turd.

2016-04-27 8:50 PM
in reply to: jeffnboise

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by jeffnboise

lol, true that.

From what I'm reading on the conservative blogs it seems like Indiana is a must win for Ted.  If he's unable to pull out an Indiana win there are very few chances left for him to stop Trump from hitting the magic number to clinch in the first ballot.

2016-04-27 11:42 PM

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho

Originally posted by jeffnboise

lol, true that.

From what I'm reading on the conservative blogs it seems like Indiana is a must win for Ted.  If he's unable to pull out an Indiana win there are very few chances left for him to stop Trump from hitting the magic number to clinch in the first ballot.

I grew up on the Illinois/Indiana border.  I don't think Cruz's fire-brand style will play well there.  Hoosiers are farmers.  (We kinda don't like them Texans)

2016-04-28 10:09 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Wow!! Tell us how you really feel, Mr. Speaker!

"John Boehner, the famously blunt ex-House speaker, left no doubt he's not a fan of fellow Republican Ted Cruz, leaping off the sidelines of the presidential race Wednesday night to unleash a stunning verbal lashing of the Texas senator, reportedly calling him “Lucifer in the flesh” and a “miserable son of a b---.”

He went on to say that he goes golfing and is "texting buddies" with Trump. So, who's anti-establishment now...?

Edited by jmk-brooklyn 2016-04-28 10:10 AM
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Ted Cruz Rss Feed  

of 4

RELATED POSTS

Not Impressed Mr. Cruz

Started by Aarondb4
Views: 772 Posts: 7

2014-03-28 4:13 PM tuwood