General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Columbus Pools Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-12-14 1:30 PM

User image

Subject: Columbus Pools
I have been trying to research lap pool options that allow the most flexibility in swim times and is as close to downtown as possible. It looks like Lifetime fitness at Easton has a pool that is open from 5 am until midnight. Does anyone else know of pools that have similar hours or happen to be 24 hour pools?

My schedule is such that I would need to start swimming by 4:30 am if I did mornings, which I am 0 for 16 so far in trying to get morning workouts in. So it leaves late evenings are going to be my preferred swim time, starting about 9:30. Unsurprisingly there don't seem to be many pools that stay open that late.

2015-12-18 4:18 PM
in reply to: aalbury

User image

Master
Columbus, Ohio
Coaching member
Subject: RE: Columbus Pools
You can nominate this for least helpful reply ever, but I can tell the YMCA will not work for you.

The Athletic Club of Columbus is open 24 hours, and I think you can swim in the pool even if it's not guarded. I'm not sure. You could contact them. The pool is only 20 yards, though. It's at Broad and 4th and may be prohibitively expensive.

I've swam at St. Charles with the Columbus Sharks, but they don't start until 5:45 am or so, and that won't work.

The YWCA also has a pool. I'm not sure about hours or membership. It's on 4th street, south of Broad.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Columbus Pools Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Columbus area tri shop?

Started by Sassafras
Views: 1318 Posts: 5

2007-02-09 10:34 AM buckeye66

Columbus Distance Classic Half Marathon - April 1

Started by marina
Views: 980 Posts: 1

2006-03-21 10:38 AM marina

Columbus International Triathlon

Started by jwbrandon
Views: 2236 Posts: 7

2006-07-25 1:05 PM cevans

Columbus Marathon anyone?

Started by marina
Views: 959 Posts: 1

2005-10-13 9:44 AM marina

Columbus, Ohio

Started by marathoner26
Views: 1318 Posts: 3

2005-07-07 8:01 PM stupidnickname
RELATED ARTICLES
date : May 5, 2008
author : TriPainter
comments : 1
I went into the pool area (as this was a pool swim) and got body marked. That's when it hit me that I was there to race - this was not a clinic.

date : November 9, 2006
author : McFuzz
comments : 1
How to join lap swimmers without making a splash. A primer on the social graces applied to swimming laps.
date : June 6, 2006
author : marmadaddy
comments : 0
The DVD assumes little-to-no experience with competitive swimming and starts off in the pool citing the need to build confidence in a controlled environment.

date : June 5, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 8
When I swim I struggle to get a full breath and consequently run down faster. I spend part of my training on the side of the pool gasping for air.
date : March 5, 2006
author : Tri Swim Coach
Most of us belong to groups and there will always be pressure to keep up. It may be underlying or it may be outright, but no doubt, that pressure to go faster is always there.

date : September 3, 2005
author : joeinco
comments : 6
As a triathlete, there is one acronym that you just can’t fathom ever having next to your name in a race report – DNF: DID NOT FINISH.
date : June 14, 2005
author : marmadaddy
comments : 17
Once you caught your breath, it occurred to you that finishing even a short triathlon might be harder than you thought. After a few "laps" you thought, "I can't believe I'm so out of shape."

date : September 4, 2004
author : priscilla
Good swimming is relaxed swimming. Relaxed swimming depends on practicing the best techniques and the best body position.