Other Resources The Political Joe » Another one bites the dust... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2016-02-23 2:15 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro
Tejas
Subject: RE: Another one bites the dust...
Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn

Originally posted by tuwood

Just realized nobody put Bush into the bucket.

I feel really bad that he dropped out of the race...  OK, I'm over it!   woohoo

Honestly, I think I would have taken anyone over Bush.

It's hard to imagine a Trump/Cruz ticket, considering how they've gone at each other, but I guess stranger things have happened.

I understand Trump was overheard referring to Cruz as, "first mainstream Hispanic-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy." Plus some other gibberish that the Cruz family saga was "storybook."

Edited by mdg2003 2016-02-23 2:15 PM

2016-02-23 2:18 PM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by mdg2003

It's hard to imagine a Trump/Cruz ticket, considering how they've gone at each other, but I guess stranger things have happened.
I understand Trump was overheard referring to Cruz as, "first mainstream Hispanic-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy." Plus some other gibberish that the Cruz family saga was "storybook."

haha, i see what you did there

2016-02-23 2:19 PM

User image

Deep in the Heart of Texas

*Hispanic-Cuban-Canadian-American

2016-02-23 3:33 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

Originally posted by crusevegas

I just threw up in my mouth a little :-D

Well, what did you have for lunch?

(cover your eyes JMK)

I had a Chic-fil-a grilled chicken sandwich.  

I'll have you know I eat Chik-fil-a once in a while. (Don't tell my bleeding-heart liberal friends) One finally opened in NYC to great fanfare and my assistant (who, btw, is so conservative, she makes you look like Bill Maher) likes it, so I sometimes go with her. There are lines around the corner for it, which I don't really get, since it, you know, a chicken sandwich, albeit a pretty tasty one.

Now, back on topic.

Fiorina? Really? Why on earth would he want to saddle himself with that dead weight? Whatever tiny shred of credibility she had went out the window once the PP videos were debunked.

I actually think you're right, now that you mention it, that he'll name another outsider, since to do otherwise would get in the way of his outsider candidate status.
2016-02-23 3:35 PM
in reply to: jmk-brooklyn

User image

Pro

BEYONCE!!!!

2016-02-23 4:11 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Left Brain

BEYONCE!!!!

Attractive, minority, female...  Hmm, you might be onto something.

2016-02-23 5:37 PM

User image

Pro
Tejas

haha, i see what you did there

low hanging fruit. i can't help myself.
2016-03-02 2:02 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

Looks like Ben Carson is next.  From his webpage:

"I have decided not to attend the Fox News GOP Presidential Debate tomorrow night in Detroit.  Even though I will not be in my hometown of Detroit on Thursday, I remain deeply committed to my home nation, America.  I do not see a political path forward in light of last evening’s Super Tuesday primary results. However, this grassroots movement on behalf of “We the People” will continue. Along with millions of patriots who have supported my campaign for President, I remain committed to Saving America for Future Generations. We must not depart from our goals to restore what God and our Founders intended for this exceptional nation.

I appreciate the support, financial and otherwise, from all corners of America.  Gratefully, my campaign decisions are not constrained by finances; rather by what is in the best interests of the American people.

I will discuss more about the future of this movement during my speech on Friday at CPAC in Washington, D.C."

2016-03-02 2:14 PM
in reply to: msteiner

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by msteiner

Looks like Ben Carson is next.  From his webpage:

"I have decided not to attend the Fox News GOP Presidential Debate tomorrow night in Detroit.  Even though I will not be in my hometown of Detroit on Thursday, I remain deeply committed to my home nation, America.  I do not see a political path forward in light of last evening’s Super Tuesday primary results. However, this grassroots movement on behalf of “We the People” will continue. Along with millions of patriots who have supported my campaign for President, I remain committed to Saving America for Future Generations. We must not depart from our goals to restore what God and our Founders intended for this exceptional nation.

I appreciate the support, financial and otherwise, from all corners of America.  Gratefully, my campaign decisions are not constrained by finances; rather by what is in the best interests of the American people.

I will discuss more about the future of this movement during my speech on Friday at CPAC in Washington, D.C."

He could be trying the Trump strategy.  Skip the debate and surge in the polls.  lol
OK, maybe not.

He's been done for quite a while, so it's good for him to finally get out.  I like Ben personally, but he makes me cringe when I think of him as President.

2016-03-15 7:41 PM

User image

Pro

Goodbye, 'lil Marco.

2016-03-15 7:51 PM

User image

Rubio suspends his campaign. 

bye bye lil Marco! (in my best DT impression)

2016-03-15 7:53 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Official BT Coach
Indianapolis, Indiana
Gold member

Goodbye, 'lil Marco.

What?!?  All day Rubio was in front of any TV camera with a red light on saying, "I will continue to fight EVEN if I lose tonight in Florida."

Oh wait, that's right, he's a politician.  If his lips were moving he had to have been lying!

2016-03-16 3:30 PM
in reply to: k9car363

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Originally posted by k9car363

Goodbye, 'lil Marco.

What?!?  All day Rubio was in front of any TV camera with a red light on saying, "I will continue to fight EVEN if I lose tonight in Florida."

Oh wait, that's right, he's a politician.  If his lips were moving he had to have been lying!

Well, he said last night that it wasn't in G-d's plan for him to be president. Maybe G-d hadn't shared that info with him previously.
2016-03-16 4:36 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Goodbye, 'lil Marco.

Well, he said last night that it wasn't in G-d's plan for him to be president. Maybe G-d hadn't shared that info with him previously.
I'm pretty sure God doesn't get involved in politics. He just sits back and laughs at our free will choices. :-)
2016-03-16 7:08 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

Goodbye, 'lil Marco.

I'm pretty sure God doesn't get involved in politics. He just sits back and laughs at our free will choices. :-)

Someone oughta tell that to Ted Cruz. I'm pretty sure he thinks G-d is personally voting for him.
2016-03-16 10:02 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Goodbye, 'lil Marco.

Someone oughta tell that to Ted Cruz. I'm pretty sure he thinks G-d is personally voting for him.
Unfortunately the Simpsons predicted Trump, so we'll have to see who was right https://www.facebook.com/315768558595715/videos/509003145938921/

2016-03-16 11:42 PM

User image

Goodbye, 'lil Marco.

Unfortunately the Simpsons predicted Trump, so we'll have to see who was right https://www.facebook.com/315768558595715/videos/509003145938921/

Hallelujah, now can I have an amen!! 

2016-03-19 1:42 PM

User image

Official BT Coach
Indianapolis, Indiana
Gold member

Goodbye, 'lil Marco.

Wait!  I thought Rubio said it was God's plan that he (Rubio) run for President in the first place.  You mean God changed his mind?  

This is where so many in the religious right lose me.  I am continually amazed that "God's plan" always seems to support their own plan and that miraculously, when their plan changes, God's plan suddenly changes to support their new-found plan.  Somehow I don't think god changes his mind as frequently as I change my shorts.

2016-03-19 2:28 PM
in reply to: k9car363

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Goodbye, 'lil Marco.

Wait!  I thought Rubio said it was God's plan that he (Rubio) run for President in the first place.  You mean God changed his mind?  

This is where so many in the religious right lose me.  I am continually amazed that "God's plan" always seems to support their own plan and that miraculously, when their plan changes, God's plan suddenly changes to support their new-found plan.  Somehow I don't think god changes his mind as frequently as I change my shorts.

Well if it was Gods plan for him to "run" then he fulfilled that plan.  hehe

On a serious note I'm with you about people overusing "God's plan" to support their own selfish desires.  The other one is "God called me to do X".

2016-05-03 7:44 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Cruz out...

It's about dang time.  Do I get to say "I called it" with Trump winning the primary yet?  #TRUMP2016

2016-05-03 7:48 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Poor Kasich just finished announcing that he was in until the end and planning to win a brokered convention.  Oops, guess he'll be dropping out soon now as well.

2016-05-04 7:08 AM

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho

Cruz out...

It's about dang time.  Do I get to say "I called it" with Trump winning the primary yet?  #TRUMP2016

Who wudda thunk it?

2016-05-04 11:18 AM
in reply to: jeffnboise

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Kasich out (knock me over with a feather)

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Another one bites the dust... Rss Feed  

of 3

RELATED POSTS

"One Love"

Started by Left Brain
Views: 1087 Posts: 4

2014-02-09 7:53 AM the bear

Four House Members in One!

Started by JoshR
Views: 684 Posts: 3

2014-02-04 5:35 AM DanielG
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 21, 2012
author : AMSSM
comments : 1
My foot is now in a tremendous amount of pain, it is swollen, and I can barely walk on it at all, it hurts so much. I am still putting the gel on, taking anti inflammatories, and icing. Help!

date : February 23, 2009
author : mat steinmetz
comments : 0
I will be 20 this summer and am planning on doing Ironman Montreal. This will be my first year of triathlon, can I do this and stay away from injuries?
date : October 11, 2007
comments : 1
Is one month enough time to recover from my first marathon to go and do my first olympic tri? My alternative options are to do the 1/2 marathon and then do the olympic.

date : September 14, 2007
author : Team BT
Squats with one toe on bosu stability ball exercise with picture and video.
date : August 7, 2007
author : AMSSM
Yesterday I ran 10 miles. At mile 7 it started feeling sore. At mile 9.5 I got a shooting pain and walked the last 1/2 mile. I have a half Ironman to do in a week and a half. What are my chances?

date : June 23, 2006
author : Team BT
One Arm Dumbbell Row strength exercise instruction with picture and video.
date : May 3, 2005
author : tmwelshy
comments : 18
Extoling the virtues of going for more than you should. It's an odd way to get satisfaction from life, and it’s often painful, but it's my way.

date : September 1, 2004
author : AskMrsBT
"I was talking to this guy I work with who's son does tri's and he says that fish and sharks "NIP" at you while you are swimming." Okay so now I am freaked out.