Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2016-02-03 8:46 PM
in reply to: ejshowers

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Another one bites the dust...

2016-02-04 8:24 AM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Originally posted by ejshowers

Santorum, done!

The only surprising thing about this news was realizing that he was still around in the first place.

I assumed he had already been gone for a while.

Santorum is the Abe Vigoda of the GOP.
2016-02-10 11:36 AM

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member
Looks like Christie is going to call it quits either later today or tomorrow.
2016-02-10 12:42 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Originally posted by ejshowers

Looks like Christie is going to call it quits either later today or tomorrow.

There was a funny article in the Onion that said something like, "Christie Quits Race to Devote More Time to Tormenting Rubio."
2016-02-10 1:52 PM
in reply to: jmk-brooklyn

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn
Originally posted by ejshowers Looks like Christie is going to call it quits either later today or tomorrow.
There was a funny article in the Onion that said something like, "Christie Quits Race to Devote More Time to Tormenting Rubio."

Rubio is going to hate him for the rest of his life.

2016-02-10 2:11 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Originally posted by tuwood

Originally posted by ejshowers Looks like Christie is going to call it quits either later today or tomorrow.

I'm sure you're right. Something tells me that Christie won't lose much sleep over that. Even if he leaves the campaign trail today, he's made his mark for sure. It'll be hard for anyone to take Rubio seriously after that public pantsing.

Not since "Senator, you're no Jack Kennedy" can I remember a candidate being so clearly exposed as underqualified for the role he was campaigning for. Christie made a fool of him, and showed him for the pre-packaged lightweight that I've always suspected him of being.

"There it is again. The rehearsed 25-second speech..." Hilarious.

2016-02-10 2:25 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

I'm sure you're right. Something tells me that Christie won't lose much sleep over that. Even if he leaves the campaign trail today, he's made his mark for sure. It'll be hard for anyone to take Rubio seriously after that public pantsing. Not since "Senator, you're no Jack Kennedy" can I remember a candidate being so clearly exposed as underqualified for the role he was campaigning for. Christie made a fool of him, and showed him for the pre-packaged lightweight that I've always suspected him of being. "There it is again. The rehearsed 25-second speech..." Hilarious.

Totally agree.  As I said before in another thread; Rubio just bothers me because he's always so rehearsed.  Christie exposed it to the world.

2016-02-10 2:42 PM

User image

Deep in the Heart of Texas

I'm sure you're right. Something tells me that Christie won't lose much sleep over that. Even if he leaves the campaign trail today, he's made his mark for sure. It'll be hard for anyone to take Rubio seriously after that public pantsing. Not since "Senator, you're no Jack Kennedy" can I remember a candidate being so clearly exposed as underqualified for the role he was campaigning for. Christie made a fool of him, and showed him for the pre-packaged lightweight that I've always suspected him of being. "There it is again. The rehearsed 25-second speech..." Hilarious.

Totally agree.  As I said before in another thread; Rubio just bothers me because he's always so rehearsed.  Christie exposed it to the world.

Fiorina is out.  

2016-02-10 2:44 PM
in reply to: Hook'em

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Hook'em

Fiorina is out.  

Yay

2016-02-10 2:48 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Deep in the Heart of Texas

That was a great line, but had nothing to do with Qualye's qualifications for being V.POTUS.  Qualye was more qualified than Rubio, Cruz, and Obama combined.

Edited by Hook'em 2016-02-10 2:48 PM
2016-02-12 11:05 AM

User image

Any predictions on who is the next one out?

I'm thinking Kasich, assuming Ben doesn't face reality. 

2016-02-12 11:19 AM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Originally posted by Hook'em

That was a great line, but had nothing to do with Qualye's qualifications for being V.POTUS.  Qualye was more qualified than Rubio, Cruz, and Obama combined.

Yeah, I wasn't really suggesting that it did; I was just comparing the effectiveness of Christie's attack on Rubio to the effectiveness of Bentsen's comment to Quayle after he compared himself to Kennedy.
2016-02-12 11:22 AM
in reply to: crusevegas

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Originally posted by crusevegas

Agree. It should be Carson, but it'll probably be Kasich, unless his dead-cat-bounce in NH inspires some more donations. I don't think he's got the bankroll to go much further. Too bad, since he's probably my favorite of the remaining GOP contenders.
2016-02-12 11:36 AM

User image

Agree. It should be Carson, but it'll probably be Kasich, unless his dead-cat-bounce in NH inspires some more donations. I don't think he's got the bankroll to go much further. Too bad, since he's probably my favorite of the remaining GOP contenders.

I like Kasich too, my concern is the R machine would roll him and he'd end up doing their bidding. 

I am most in favor of who the two machines hate the most, I don't think that name is any secret. 

Who is left, I mean no in a political sense but of the GOP candidates?

Trump

Kasich

Cruse,,,, you guys spell my wrong all the time so I though I would spell his wrong too.

Rubio

Ben the Brain

The one I don''t think third time is a charm.. 

Is anyone else in, technically?

2016-02-12 1:13 PM

User image

Pro

I like Kasich too, my concern is the R machine would roll him and he'd end up doing their bidding. 

I am most in favor of who the two machines hate the most, I don't think that name is any secret. 

Trump

Kasich

Cruse,,,, you guys spell my wrong all the time so I though I would spell his wrong too.

Rubio

Ben the Brain

Bush is still in and has declared victory  from an aircraft carrier.

2016-02-12 1:23 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Originally posted by Left Brain

Trump

Kasich

Rubio

Ben the Brain

Bush is still in and has declared victory  from an aircraft carrier.

That was the one I said 3rd time wouldn't be a charm But glad to know he is holding the family form,,,,,, did you hear that he told his campaign manager, Brownie, I think is his name, you're doing a heckuva job!

2016-02-22 2:48 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Just realized nobody put Bush into the bucket.

I feel really bad that he dropped out of the race...  OK, I'm over it!   woohoo

Honestly, I think I would have taken anyone over Bush.

2016-02-22 8:57 PM

User image

If it would have been a Bush vs Cliton, I would have voted the party line, Libertarian!

What are the odds we could see a Trump Cruz ticket out of the R's?

2016-02-23 9:37 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

If it would have been a Bush vs Cliton, I would have voted the party line, Libertarian!

What are the odds we could see a Trump Cruz ticket out of the R's?

agree, I would have voted libertarian as well.  Still would if Rubio somehow gets the nod, but I think Trump has it pretty wrapped up by now.

I figured Trump/Cruz was a for sure deal up until the past several weeks.  They seem to be going at each other hard enough to make me think it's less likely.  Hard to say though.

2016-02-23 12:41 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

I'm surprised he didn't hang in there a little longer, given his war chest. Even if it would have been tough to overtake Trump, I figured he would make some headway against Cruz/Rubio, become a viable #2 (pardon the pun) and set up an Establishment vs Anti-Establishment showdown later on.

When he got his mom to campaign for him, and even she sounded a little lukewarm about him as a candidate for President, I figured the end was near.

It should be fun watching Cruz and Rubio fight for that giant honeypot of Bush's donor's money. Speaking of, I heard this morning that the Christie campaign sold the Rubio campaign a list of big campaign donors, but, the Christie campaign was explicit in that it "didn't constitute an endorsement of Rubio."

It's hard to imagine a Trump/Cruz ticket, considering how they've gone at each other, but I guess stranger things have happened. I said a while ago that I don't think Trump would ever concede to being Cruz's VP, but Cruz might realize that the best chance he'll ever have to be president is to take the VP spot behind Trump and pray for Trump to have an aneurism.
2016-02-23 1:10 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

I'm surprised he didn't hang in there a little longer, given his war chest. Even if it would have been tough to overtake Trump, I figured he would make some headway against Cruz/Rubio, become a viable #2 (pardon the pun) and set up an Establishment vs Anti-Establishment showdown later on. When he got his mom to campaign for him, and even she sounded a little lukewarm about him as a candidate for President, I figured the end was near. It should be fun watching Cruz and Rubio fight for that giant honeypot of Bush's donor's money. Speaking of, I heard this morning that the Christie campaign sold the Rubio campaign a list of big campaign donors, but, the Christie campaign was explicit in that it "didn't constitute an endorsement of Rubio." It's hard to imagine a Trump/Cruz ticket, considering how they've gone at each other, but I guess stranger things have happened. I said a while ago that I don't think Trump would ever concede to being Cruz's VP, but Cruz might realize that the best chance he'll ever have to be president is to take the VP spot behind Trump and pray for Trump to have an aneurism.

lol, i agree. 

I am expecting Trump to nominate a "non politician" business type for his VP to stay with his outsider platform.  Cruz is an "outsider" on the inside but he's still a Senator that's raised a lot of money from people who want a return on their investment.

I'm kind of wondering if he goes middle ground or even Progressive on his pick.  My money's on Mark Cuban.    

2016-02-23 1:17 PM

User image

I'm surprised he didn't hang in there a little longer, given his war chest. Even if it would have been tough to overtake Trump, I figured he would make some headway against Cruz/Rubio, become a viable #2 (pardon the pun) and set up an Establishment vs Anti-Establishment showdown later on. When he got his mom to campaign for him, and even she sounded a little lukewarm about him as a candidate for President, I figured the end was near. It should be fun watching Cruz and Rubio fight for that giant honeypot of Bush's donor's money. Speaking of, I heard this morning that the Christie campaign sold the Rubio campaign a list of big campaign donors, but, the Christie campaign was explicit in that it "didn't constitute an endorsement of Rubio." It's hard to imagine a Trump/Cruz ticket, considering how they've gone at each other, but I guess stranger things have happened. I said a while ago that I don't think Trump would ever concede to being Cruz's VP, but Cruz might realize that the best chance he'll ever have to be president is to take the VP spot behind Trump and pray for Trump to have an aneurism.

lol, i agree. 

I am expecting Trump to nominate a "non politician" business type for his VP to stay with his outsider platform.  Cruz is an "outsider" on the inside but he's still a Senator that's raised a lot of money from people who want a return on their investment.

I'm kind of wondering if he goes middle ground or even Progressive on his pick.  My money's on Mark Cuban.    

i think Carly Fiorina would be a good choice. 

While I would like to see a Trump Cruz ticket, I think that combo would have a more challenging time getting elected. 

2016-02-23 1:20 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

lol, i agree. 

i think Carly Fiorina would be a good choice. 

I just threw up in my mouth a little :-D

2016-02-23 1:58 PM

User image

Well, what did you have for lunch?

2016-02-23 2:05 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Well, what did you have for lunch?

(cover your eyes JMK)

I had a Chic-fil-a grilled chicken sandwich.  

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Another one bites the dust... Rss Feed  

of 3

RELATED POSTS

"One Love"

Started by Left Brain
Views: 1087 Posts: 4

2014-02-09 7:53 AM the bear

Four House Members in One!

Started by JoshR
Views: 684 Posts: 3

2014-02-04 5:35 AM DanielG
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 21, 2012
author : AMSSM
comments : 1
My foot is now in a tremendous amount of pain, it is swollen, and I can barely walk on it at all, it hurts so much. I am still putting the gel on, taking anti inflammatories, and icing. Help!

date : February 23, 2009
author : mat steinmetz
comments : 0
I will be 20 this summer and am planning on doing Ironman Montreal. This will be my first year of triathlon, can I do this and stay away from injuries?
date : October 11, 2007
comments : 1
Is one month enough time to recover from my first marathon to go and do my first olympic tri? My alternative options are to do the 1/2 marathon and then do the olympic.

date : September 14, 2007
author : Team BT
Squats with one toe on bosu stability ball exercise with picture and video.
date : August 7, 2007
author : AMSSM
Yesterday I ran 10 miles. At mile 7 it started feeling sore. At mile 9.5 I got a shooting pain and walked the last 1/2 mile. I have a half Ironman to do in a week and a half. What are my chances?

date : June 23, 2006
author : Team BT
One Arm Dumbbell Row strength exercise instruction with picture and video.
date : May 3, 2005
author : tmwelshy
comments : 18
Extoling the virtues of going for more than you should. It's an odd way to get satisfaction from life, and it’s often painful, but it's my way.

date : September 1, 2004
author : AskMrsBT
"I was talking to this guy I work with who's son does tri's and he says that fish and sharks "NIP" at you while you are swimming." Okay so now I am freaked out.