General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » I've done two Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2015-12-21 9:42 PM

Subject: I've done two
I don't know how many races you have to be in before you're not a beginner anymore, but I'm pretty sure I still qualify. I entered two sprint triathlons this past year and enjoyed them both. My previous endurance sport was running, and I still do that too. In both sports I'm slow but have made slow improvement, just enough to keep me motivated to train and try to do better. So far both my races have had the swim in a pool, which made it easier; like most triathletes that don't have a swimming background it's the most difficult and the most stressful for me.

I'm prepared to do open-water swims in 2016. Well, maybe prepared isn't the right word, since there's no place to train in open water around here, even in the summer, but let's just say I'm going to do them anyway.

I have three major fitness-related goals for 2016. The triathlon goal is to finish my first Olympic-distance event. The others are to finish a marathon (I got a DNF this year when the race was canceled after 3 hours due to thunderstorms) and complete a Spartan Race. The training for the three events is very different, especially the Spartan, so it will be a challenge, but I'm confident I can finish all three, as long as I pace myself and the thunderstorms stay away. During the summer months (between maybe May and September) I'd like to do about one triathlon a month, mostly sprints. If all goes well I might consider a 70.3 race in 2017.

2015-12-22 6:30 AM
in reply to: TomEaton

User image

Master
Columbus, Ohio
Coaching member
Subject: RE: I've done two
Welcome Tom!
It sounds like you have enough experience to help other people, and you also have room to grow in the sport yourself! You're the perfect fit here!
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » I've done two Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Well... Now I've gone and done it...

Started by wushunut
Views: 595 Posts: 2

2011-03-14 10:46 AM shellback1998

I've never done anything like this...

Started by HeatherH
Views: 708 Posts: 9

2007-07-02 9:41 AM McFuzz

I admit it...I've been a lurker

Started by cshanks
Views: 597 Posts: 5

2004-08-13 2:07 PM usarocks

What have I done? I've signed up for a Triathlon for May 16th?

Started by Cyclingmaniac
Views: 793 Posts: 7

2004-04-26 12:20 PM dhlundblad

I've done it now...

Started by lincsguyus
Views: 1304 Posts: 8

2004-02-12 12:24 PM woodall04
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 12, 2013
author : Team BT
comments : 0
Two Legged Squats exercise instruction with video.

date : April 28, 2011
author : fivecents
comments : 5
What my first sprint distance triathlon taught me about myself.
date : December 27, 2010
author : mikericci
My question is how do I train for the second Ironman race and continue to improve without "peaking" way too early, becoming stagnant or any of the other training bad words?

date : February 5, 2010
author : Amy Kuitse
comments : 1
Trying to figure out how to fit all of your weekly training sessions in? This guide will show the best ways to schedule your two-a-day workouts.
date : February 18, 2008
author : mrakes1
Getting ready for a long workout? Here are some nutritional guidelines on how best to fuel your body in preparation for that long workout.

date : August 17, 2007
author : scoli121
comments : 6
I quickly browsed an article in Men's Health that talked about doing a triathlon, and how it wasn't really that hard. With a "tsk!" I quickly turned the page while thinking, "Yeah, right!"
date : July 2, 2006
author : Ontherun
Gut check! Striking a balance between your two loves can make and keep the relationship strong.

date : June 23, 2006
author : Team BT
Standing Bent Over Two-Arm Dumbbell Extension strength exercise instruction with picture and video.