UK Triathlon Forum England » Bike for a novice Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
2015-12-27 6:41 PM

Subject: Bike for a novice
hello

i was wondering what the best way to approach triathlon at the very beginning is. I did not think it would be wise to fork out so much money on a carbon if it is not going to be serious.
So i thought buying something which is on sale on evans cycles might be the best way to go? you can get pinnacle and raleigh bikes for 300 pounds or under
would this be a good start?

2016-01-08 12:23 AM
in reply to: casebusy

User image

Subject: RE: Bike for a novice

Wise thoughts casebusy, I dont know what your background is like regards endurance sport but if your cycling ability isnt extensive then an entry level bike is a good idea.

When I started out i bought a Claude Butler Echlon off Gumtree for £60. Then bought some clip on aero bars and a few bit and pieces... I hadnt ridden a roady for 20 years so the biggest thing for me was fitness and bike skills, spending anymore would have been a waste of money.

Also, with the weather being pretty crappy most of the time you need a bike you can just get on and ride without crying every time you have to go through a puddle

New Thread
UK Triathlon Forum England » Bike for a novice Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Bike stolen

Started by simsmatthew
Views: 1476 Posts: 2

2011-02-10 4:06 PM mr2tony

Bike Fitters

Started by Graycat
Views: 1457 Posts: 3

2011-02-15 5:36 PM Graycat

Bike??

Started by grahambrown72
Views: 11126 Posts: 9

2011-06-22 4:28 AM SuperSonic

Bike fitting

Started by Graycat
Views: 1705 Posts: 3

2010-08-16 9:45 AM alynm

bikes advice

Started by jennifer65
Views: 18989 Posts: 13

2010-08-19 5:28 PM jennifer65
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 11, 2011
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
Dean from Fitwerx answers a BT member question about what kind of bike should be the "next bike."

date : December 27, 2008
author : FitWerx
comments : 9
Are you a beginner triathlete? This video will compare triathlon bikes and road bikes to help you figure out what is best for you as you begin your triathlon training.
date : August 5, 2008
author : mrakes1
comments : 0
Are you traveling to a race and need to ship your bike? This video will demonstrate how to disassemble your bike to be able to pack it properly in a bike case for shipping.

date : December 5, 2006
author : Terese Luikens
As a novice swimmer I have listed a few things that may help you build your endurance as you approach the water with a sprint race in your future. It can be overwhelming if you are not a fish.
date : January 29, 2006
author : Team BT
I started the Beginner Triathlete training program in earnest after Chinese New Year. I viewed the distances in the peak week with trepidation - how on earth would I manage it?

date : October 30, 2005
author : paulee74
I like to go out a few times a week. I like good food. I have often lost my way on the path to the holy grail of fitness.
date : September 1, 2004
author : AskMrsBT
"I was wondering if this is a sensible approach? Should I get "better" on short distance and then move to something longer or do what I want if I feel I can do it whatever the time?"

date : September 1, 2004
author : AskMrsBT
"Being novices to the sport, we feel a bit anxious about our lack of knowledge about competing in a triathlon. Our primary worry? The bike leg."