BT Development Mentor Program Archives » 2016 Clyde/Athena Tri-N-4-Weight Loss Mentor Group - Open Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 23

2016-04-20 9:53 AM
in reply to: bulfrog

User image

Across the river from Memphis, Tennessee
Subject: RE: 2016 Clyde/Athena Tri-N-4-Weight Loss Mentor Group - Open
Originally posted by johndiaz00

Friend me on MFP. Zaidnohj is my user name.

Added you as well.

Originally posted by bulfrog

And I assume that you're aiming for a calorie deficit? so 300 cal over your goal should still be losing weight.

I've had a look at your diary today, other than dinner that looks like good healthy diet. You're so close! Also, you have a 4oz chicken breast at 620Cal. Man that's too high. Assuming you're measuring uncooked 4oz (110g) chicken breast should be around 175 Cal. You might want to look into that.

Day 2 is done, working on 3. Looks like I went over by 50 cal yesterday. I thought the chicken looked high.... even for 4oz cooked. I agree that dinner is my achilles right now... getting out of class at 10pm is screwing with things. Going to try something a bit different today

2016-04-20 9:54 AM
in reply to: ceilidh

User image

Originally posted by ceilidh

Hey all. I have been scarce lately. I have been lurking though.

My training came to a screeching halt yesterday. I was run off the road by a pickup while I was running. I hurt my foot pretty badly. Now I am hoping that it won't make me have to bail on the HIM in a month. I took today to wallow around in a pity party. Tomorrow I will try to get to the pool and see if I can at least swim.

Will will not talk about my lack of losing any weight....

You're making a good case for being armed while training... just saying...

Heal fast!
2016-04-20 12:55 PM
in reply to: WebFootFreak

User image

Went back to MFP and found a 1oz cooked chicken breast. I plugged that into the last 2 days, and I ended up with leftover calories on both days... even with eating Sonic and McEwww for dinner the last 2 nights. I split my salad and chicken for lunch (there is a lot of it), and will have that with my usual PM snack stuff for dinner. That leaves me a lot of room for a snack after school if needed.

Thanks for helping me get back on the wagon, everyone!
2016-04-21 10:31 AM

User image

Had a great ride yesterday, It was short but had some awesome climbs, and a couple of sprints. Really enjoyed it. Did 1250 of climbing, and PR'ed a couple of Strava segments. We will do this ride again in June, and I am hoping to really nail it hard. I stink at climbing. The two sprints we did I Pr'ed and almost beat the fastest in our group.

Today is a "recovery ride", will take it nice and easy. Tomorrow is a light swim. Sunday I have a Sprint tri I am doing. Does anyone have a Fenix 3 and know how to setup the tri for a reverse tri. May or may not be on tomorrow. Keep logging your job and keep up the good work. It is so great to be able to share my journey with others.

Have Fun Always,

John
2016-04-21 6:48 PM

User image

Regular
Auckland, North Island
Originally posted by WebFootFreak

Went back to MFP and found a 1oz cooked chicken breast. I plugged that into the last 2 days, and I ended up with leftover calories on both days... even with eating Sonic and McEwww for dinner the last 2 nights. I split my salad and chicken for lunch (there is a lot of it), and will have that with my usual PM snack stuff for dinner. That leaves me a lot of room for a snack after school if needed.

Thanks for helping me get back on the wagon, everyone!

That looks a bit more realistic. And good choices on Wednesday skipping the fast food dinner.

My next point, is your calorie goal. 2,500Cal seems alot to me if you're wanting too loose weight. I assume that it was calculated for you my MFP? How much deficit does that give you? MFP tells me 1600 cal/day target (sedentary, 261lbs for a 1000 cal/day deficit). For someone who's not doing much training at the moment 2,500 might be a bit high. If you're eating well (lots of fruit and veg) like you have been 2,000 cal can be a lot of food. and should be manageable for you. Remember that 500 cal/day turns into a pound a week
2016-04-21 6:56 PM
in reply to: johndiaz00

User image

Regular
Auckland, North Island
Originally posted by johndiaz00

Had a great ride yesterday, It was short but had some awesome climbs, and a couple of sprints. Really enjoyed it. Did 1250 of climbing, and PR'ed a couple of Strava segments. We will do this ride again in June, and I am hoping to really nail it hard. I stink at climbing. The two sprints we did I Pr'ed and almost beat the fastest in our group.

Today is a "recovery ride", will take it nice and easy. Tomorrow is a light swim. Sunday I have a Sprint tri I am doing. Does anyone have a Fenix 3 and know how to setup the tri for a reverse tri. May or may not be on tomorrow. Keep logging your job and keep up the good work. It is so great to be able to share my journey with others.

Have Fun Always,

John

Sounds like you had a nice ride.

Sorry I don't have a fenix, but I do have a 920, and I believe they run pretty much the same. You can create a custom activity to be anything you want e.g. run/bike/run duathlon, or your reverse tri. Check out the dcrainmaker site for how to do it on your fenix. That is always the first port of call for a question like that.

Look forward to seeing a race report of your sprint tri. Have fun!

2016-04-21 7:14 PM

User image

Regular
Auckland, North Island
Solid week for me so far.

2 easy 30 minute runs, 1 long run of 9km (my longest since the HIM) and 1 speed workout run, this week that was a fartlek, in which I totally trashed my legs, but had fun doing it.

Coming up I'm doing another 30 minute easy run tonight, a ride tomorrow for 90 - 120 minutes and going fishing on Sunday, so a day off.

Have a good weekend everyone
2016-04-22 7:06 AM
in reply to: #5178057

User image

Bulfrog: I'll take a closer look at it when I get a chance. I think I'm still set at 277lb, sedentary and 1lb/week. I tried 2lb/wk at one point and found it nearly impossible to come in that low... but I was training my butt off (literally) at that point.

Okay. I have a plan to get back out starting tomorrow. I'm definitely making a run at Riverbluff in Nashville on Aug 7th.
2016-04-22 9:02 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Originally posted by johndiaz00 Had a great ride yesterday, It was short but had some awesome climbs, and a couple of sprints. Really enjoyed it. Did 1250 of climbing, and PR'ed a couple of Strava segments. We will do this ride again in June, and I am hoping to really nail it hard. I stink at climbing. The two sprints we did I Pr'ed and almost beat the fastest in our group. Today is a "recovery ride", will take it nice and easy. Tomorrow is a light swim. Sunday I have a Sprint tri I am doing. Does anyone have a Fenix 3 and know how to setup the tri for a reverse tri. May or may not be on tomorrow. Keep logging your job and keep up the good work. It is so great to be able to share my journey with others. Have Fun Always, John

John, have a most excellent race. Let us know how it goes.

2016-04-22 10:16 AM

User image

Thanks, that pointed me in the right direction, had this watch 6 or 7 months now, and I am still finding out new things. I will give a full report either Sunday evening or Monday morning,

Have a great weekend all
2016-04-24 8:54 PM

User image

Hi All

Who's up for a group challenge?

Let's start with something easily achievable

How about minimum 30 minutes workout each day for 1 week.

You'll need to update your training log daily and check in every 2-3 days.

Who accepts the challenge?

2016-04-25 8:28 AM
in reply to: AussieTurtle

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Originally posted by AussieTurtle Hi All Who's up for a group challenge? Let's start with something easily achievable How about minimum 30 minutes workout each day for 1 week. You'll need to update your training log daily and check in every 2-3 days. Who accepts the challenge?
I am in.

2016-04-25 12:03 PM

User image

http://beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid...

I think that is my race report. It was a little hard to complete being that it was a reverse tri. But the essential information is there. I loved this race. Had a great day, but it ended poorly with a friend of mines bike being stolen. People suck. It was at another event later in the day, but it still put a sour taste in my mouth to end my weekend on.

I will support the training everyday for a week, but I am resting for a day today. I plan to back at it for a couple of days, then I am running a 1/2 marathon next weekend. I will see how I feel at race time on that on. Swimming tomorrow, bike Wednesday, and maybe Thursday. Resting Friday Saturday, and racing Sunday. OC 1/2 (first time).

Have a great week.
2016-04-26 12:16 PM

User image

Originally posted by AussieTurtle Hi All Who's up for a group challenge? Let's start with something easily achievable How about minimum 30 minutes workout each day for 1 week. You'll need to update your training log daily and check in every 2-3 days. Who accepts the challenge?
I am in.

When do you want to start?
2016-04-26 12:21 PM

User image

My next point, is your calorie goal. 2,500Cal seems alot to me if you're wanting too loose weight. I assume that it was calculated for you my MFP? How much deficit does that give you? MFP tells me 1600 cal/day target (sedentary, 261lbs for a 1000 cal/day deficit). For someone who's not doing much training at the moment 2,500 might be a bit high. If you're eating well (lots of fruit and veg) like you have been 2,000 cal can be a lot of food. and should be manageable for you. Remember that 500 cal/day turns into a pound a week

Checked it out. I was set at:

Starting: 276lb
Height: 5'9"
Goal: 200
Lightly Active
Loss/week: 1lb

If you look, you can see that I changed it back to sedentary because it dropped to 2180cal/day. I believe I had it set on Lightly Active because I am an Auto Tech, therefore I am all over the shop most of the day. Add in the teaching at night (I think better when I walk), and I believe I genuinely fall under that category.
2016-04-26 12:24 PM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

I am in.

How about Wednesday?

2016-04-26 12:30 PM

User image

Allllrighty then...

I was trucking through logging my diet (even logging Pei Wei where they apparently add sodium by the tonne...), and I hit a speed bump. If y'all remember, Amy (the lovely Mrs. Me ) had a particularly nasty kidney stone about 6 months ago. Well she popped another UTI, so they did the scan. I'll give y'all 3 guesses as to what they found... and the first two don't count. She went in on Friday to have the sonic procedure done on the stone. Everything seemed to go swimmingly until Sat morning. I was a couple of miles into my ride, and she called me with a 101+ temp. I swung the bike around and hauled arse back to the house. A quick trip to the ER had her staying over Sat and Sun nights, with a late discharge yesterday. So, in the interest of full disclosure: what I ate, much less logging what I ate, fell to the wayside.

As far as my Sunday weigh-in goes, it didn't happen either. I'll get my mid-week in the morning.

It's also kind of depressing seeing that lonely 5mi ride on my training log. Going to have to get him some company
2016-04-26 12:44 PM

User image

I am in.

How about Wednesday?

Sounds good to me!
2016-04-26 10:28 PM

User image

Regular
Auckland, North Island
Consistency is the key to success. Building to Wanaka I did 41 consecutive days training. And made huge gains in that time. I've been 5-6 days a week in recent times, time for another streak. So I'm in too.

And it's Wednesday down here, so best I go for a run tonight. I use a different training log than the BT one, can be found here http://www.runningahead.com/logs/a77d9e6097e44551805f7c677edb99f7Sorry, but between MFP and my current log I already spend too much time logging SBR stuff, so don't plan to use a 3rd log
2016-04-26 10:34 PM

User image

Regular
Auckland, North Island

Allllrighty then...

I was trucking through logging my diet (even logging Pei Wei where they apparently add sodium by the tonne...), and I hit a speed bump. If y'all remember, Amy (the lovely Mrs. Me ) had a particularly nasty kidney stone about 6 months ago. Well she popped another UTI, so they did the scan. I'll give y'all 3 guesses as to what they found... and the first two don't count. She went in on Friday to have the sonic procedure done on the stone. Everything seemed to go swimmingly until Sat morning. I was a couple of miles into my ride, and she called me with a 101+ temp. I swung the bike around and hauled arse back to the house. A quick trip to the ER had her staying over Sat and Sun nights, with a late discharge yesterday. So, in the interest of full disclosure: what I ate, much less logging what I ate, fell to the wayside.

As far as my Sunday weigh-in goes, it didn't happen either. I'll get my mid-week in the morning.

It's also kind of depressing seeing that lonely 5mi ride on my training log. Going to have to get him some company

Wife in Hospital out ranks keeping up a food diary, by quite a long way. No question about that. Best wishes for a quick and full recovery for Mrs WebFootFreak.
2016-04-26 10:36 PM

User image

Regular
Auckland, North Island

Checked it out. I was set at:

Starting: 276lb
Height: 5'9"
Goal: 200
Lightly Active
Loss/week: 1lb

If you look, you can see that I changed it back to sedentary because it dropped to 2180cal/day. I believe I had it set on Lightly Active because I am an Auto Tech, therefore I am all over the shop most of the day. Add in the teaching at night (I think better when I walk), and I believe I genuinely fall under that category.

Being on your feet all day does change things. I fly a desk most days, so burn very few calories. Maybe you should look at a fitbit or similar? They can be synced to your MFP account to adjust your calories above sedentary if required (My garmin also does this for my log) You can get basic trackers quite cheap now so that might be a good investment for you?

2016-04-27 6:33 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Originally posted by WebFootFreak Allllrighty then... I was trucking through logging my diet (even logging Pei Wei where they apparently add sodium by the tonne...), and I hit a speed bump. If y'all remember, Amy (the lovely Mrs. Me ) had a particularly nasty kidney stone about 6 months ago. Well she popped another UTI, so they did the scan. I'll give y'all 3 guesses as to what they found... and the first two don't count. She went in on Friday to have the sonic procedure done on the stone. Everything seemed to go swimmingly until Sat morning. I was a couple of miles into my ride, and she called me with a 101+ temp. I swung the bike around and hauled arse back to the house. A quick trip to the ER had her staying over Sat and Sun nights, with a late discharge yesterday. So, in the interest of full disclosure: what I ate, much less logging what I ate, fell to the wayside. As far as my Sunday weigh-in goes, it didn't happen either. I'll get my mid-week in the morning. It's also kind of depressing seeing that lonely 5mi ride on my training log. Going to have to get him some company
Wife in Hospital out ranks keeping up a food diary, by quite a long way. No question about that. Best wishes for a quick and full recovery for Mrs WebFootFreak.

X2!! I hope she is better and out of pain. Those things are awful.

2016-04-27 6:34 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Happy Day ONE of workout streak.

My foot is less black and blue and the swelling makes it look pretty normal. My scraped up knee looks better so today, all going as planned, I shall swim!

2016-04-27 12:57 PM

User image

I got day 1 in this morning as well. Only a 34 minute walk, but better than nothing. I'll be ramping it up a bit starting Sunday.

Got my food log in yesterday. I overshot it a touch, but it could have been much worse... I generally can't stop at 2 pieces of pizza...
2016-04-27 4:06 PM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Got my swim in! I am glad my foot didn't hurt. Tomorrow will be a trainer ride

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » 2016 Clyde/Athena Tri-N-4-Weight Loss Mentor Group - Open Rss Feed  

of 23

RELATED POSTS

Seeking MENTORS for 2016 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program

Started by alicefoeller
Views: 1337 Posts: 4

2015-12-23 10:29 PM alicefoeller

2015 Clyde/Athena Tri-N-4- Weight Loss Mentor Group - Open Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37

Started by chirunner134
Views: 41246 Posts: 914

2016-01-08 2:46 PM ceilidh

Clyde/Athena Tri-N-4- Weight Loss Mentor Group -OPEN AGAIN!! Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58

Started by Fechter99
Views: 54391 Posts: 1444

2015-08-04 12:43 AM Go4gidget

Weight loss then fitness or weight loss and fitness

Started by rnp70
Views: 2108 Posts: 14

2012-07-03 10:18 AM KeithH

Clyde/Athena FB group.... Pages: 1 2

Started by Garceau
Views: 8711 Posts: 44

2016-09-27 11:52 AM dandr614
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 16, 2015
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 1
Fuel sensibly and avoid undermining your fitness for weight loss

date : February 13, 2005
author : JeremyLikness
comments : 9
Losing fat is not difficult. So why does this continue to be an elusive goal for so many people, who “struggle” just to lose a few inches?