BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Baowolf's Create your Own Saga Triathlon Group (OPEN!!!) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 9

2016-05-13 11:00 PM
in reply to: #5158591

User image

Alexandria, Virginia
Subject: RE: Baowolf's Create your Own Saga Triathlon Group (OPEN!!!)
Thanks Brad! Can never get good sleep before a race. I'm waking up in 4 hours to drive down there. There's 8 club members doing this for festival: 3 doing the half, 5 doing the Sprint on sun. I'll tell you how it goes. The day after, on Sun, I'm flying to Greece with the wife for our 1 year anniversary!! Excited for everything!

2016-05-14 5:07 AM
in reply to: phifatech

User image

PHIL - good luck again on the race and happy anniversary to you and your wife!
2016-05-15 11:31 AM
in reply to: scubabrad02

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tallahassee, Florida
Phil, best of luck on your race! And Happy Anniversary.

Brian, great job on the podium finish!!!!

Steve was on a mechanical bull? Naw-uh. We need pictures of that to proof it. Please.

Had a marathon yesterday. Chasing Jefferson Davis from Fitzgerald, Ga to Abbeville, Ga. We were following the reverse route of when Jeff Davis was captured. Even when I signed up for this, I knew that I would have to take it easy because.....well, a marathon in South Ga, in May.....that's invitation to heat stroke. Then I got sick during the critical build time so only had one long run and it was 6 weeks ago. But I refused to drop to the HM for two reasons: had already dropped down once this year (and dropping down twice in the 4 months would be a sucky precedence) and because I have never done a point to point race - especially a marathon. And then I found that this is a small, small, small race. I wasn't looking forward to the race. I was so, so, so wrong. Loved it! 3 counties, country roads, redneck drivers, entirely alone for almost the whole race, 4H'ers manning the volunteer station. It was great! So weird tho because it is put on my history buffs who are not runners. I would think that non-runners holding a race would not be good but it was the opposite; they did so many things so well. And the food!!! They fed us like we were in an ultra.

My time was one of my slower times (just over 5 hours) but wasn't as slow as I would have thought - especially since I was not watching my time at all and talked to every aid station much longer than I should have. And I got a little lost at the end so went a little further. And walked for a while with the two guys where were doing their first marathon, went out way too fast, and cramped up and walk the last 10 miles. I got 2nd in my AG (I think there were only 3 in my AG). But I had a blast!!!! I plan to go back next year.
2016-05-15 1:57 PM

User image

Duluth, Minnesota
Originally posted by scubabrad02

As for a new watch/computer I am a simple guy. The less stuff I have to pack on race day the better because I forget everything it seems in my old age. I say this because the new Fenix3 Heart Rate, Forerunner 225/235 have optical HRM built in. I personally HATE the heart rate strap. One thing to think about is what application(s) are you going to use the new device for. Just running? Biking with power now or in the future? Bike with HR? Hiking? Skiing?

It's been my understanding from all of the reviews and sources I've looked into that the optical HRMs are not even close to accurate. Or that they are "generally" accurate, but not for hyper-specific training purposes. I don't mind (but don't love) the strap.

I've been very into HR training in the past, using the Maffetone (MAF) method and having really good results. (For my running, ultras, etc.) Because of all of this I am fairly well-tuned to what my HR is telling me. I am not sure I would like the sort of "generally OK" results that the wrist HRMs are showing. At least from what I've read. But by all means let me know if I've missed something!
2016-05-16 9:20 AM
in reply to: sjb78

User image

Originally posted by sjb78

Originally posted by scubabrad02

As for a new watch/computer I am a simple guy. The less stuff I have to pack on race day the better because I forget everything it seems in my old age. I say this because the new Fenix3 Heart Rate, Forerunner 225/235 have optical HRM built in. I personally HATE the heart rate strap. One thing to think about is what application(s) are you going to use the new device for. Just running? Biking with power now or in the future? Bike with HR? Hiking? Skiing?

It's been my understanding from all of the reviews and sources I've looked into that the optical HRMs are not even close to accurate. Or that they are "generally" accurate, but not for hyper-specific training purposes. I don't mind (but don't love) the strap.

I've been very into HR training in the past, using the Maffetone (MAF) method and having really good results. (For my running, ultras, etc.) Because of all of this I am fairly well-tuned to what my HR is telling me. I am not sure I would like the sort of "generally OK" results that the wrist HRMs are showing. At least from what I've read. But by all means let me know if I've missed something!

SJB - Being a MAF runner myself (during base work) I would not accept "generally OK" either. I have had no issues with my MIO Link or Garmin optical devices for the year I have been using them. Me personally, I am not big on electro-magnetic HRMs. Tech shirts and the monitors can at times not get along very well with the static electricity build-up from the shirt. Garmin website actually advises to wear a cotton shirt (with other tips as well) if one is having issues with the HR strap....wtf, cotton shirt?

In the end I guess almost anything will have pros and cons to it. We just have to decide which cons we are willing to live with.

On another note, hope the hamstring is not impeding your workouts.

PAM - marathon...you are an animal. I must admit, I had to look up who Jefferson Davis was. Sounds like a very cool marathon indeed! It's golf season. I hope your husband is getting some rounds in.

STEVE - I guess another question would be did you last 8 seconds on the mechanical bull?

My wife has joined a pool and is asking about bikes now as well for her. Wonder if doing a triathlon is on her mind...hmmmm.
2016-05-20 3:45 AM

User image

Short Term - Past week has been a "recovery" week for me. It has gone well. This weekend will be an easy 90' ride one day followed by an easy 45' jog in the morning and an easy 60' ride in the afternoon.

Middle Term - continue this base work until 4 July. Then starts the build to NC 70.3

Long Term - Eagleman 2017 redemption and I think I will do my first Ironman full in the fall 2017...yikes!

Now for my favorite time of the day....time to eat!!!!

2016-05-29 1:22 PM

User image

Alexandria, Virginia
hey group, i'm back from my trip to Greece and 2 weeks removed from my half IM. I don't know which went better, my tri or my trip, but both were ton of fun and very successful.

the tri, I knocked tons of time off my previous best (6:23 down to 5:42). if you guys remember my RR from 2 years ago, I fell apart during the run. I like to blame I on the heat. the weather conditions were way better this time around. about 35 mins in the water, under 3h for the bike, and averaged 9:30 m/mi. for the half mary, for a time of 5:42:4 officially. I just made sure I stayed within myself for the whole race, and though it wasn't a blazing fast time i'm really happy with my performance and it gave me confidence to step up for a ful IM soon!

it wasn't a perfect race though. I had some Velcro chafing from my wetsuit at te back of my neck that bothered me for a few days. I didn't get more than a couple rides in with my tri bike, bu made the decision to ride it anyway. I kept my time under 3 hr which was a goal of mine (and my hr stayed around 125-35 which was good). I had to take 2 bathroom breaks during the bike, and suffered a flat at mile 45. luckily I had vittoria pitstop to get my tubulars thru the rest of the race. saved my

full race report coming soon.

during my visit to Greece I did barely any activity, save for a couple 5ks, and lots o touristy walking. I did scuba dive for the first time ever, 2 40-minute dives around Santorini. loved every second of it!

the wife did a sprint the day after my half and had a not-so-fun swim. the water was chppy due to wind, and it was colder than any water she's raced in, so she had a tough time, and had to hang off some kayaks for a bit. i'm happy she finished, and her bike and run fared better than her swim.

full race report coming soon!
2016-06-01 12:17 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Phil - Awesome PR!!!! Nice race. I look forward to the race report since I might do it next year. It will be in the "backyard" so why not? Keep up the good work!!! Kudos to your wife for hanging in there after the swim.

Glad you had an great time in Greece. Scuba diving can be a blast indeed.

Another month in the books...

Swim: 9h 35m - 33902.02 Yd
Bike: 38h 27m - 682 Mi
Run: 13h 56m 38s - 87.25 M

61:58 hours trained

14.8 pounds lost

Edited by scubabrad02 2016-06-01 12:17 AM
2016-06-01 1:04 AM

User image

Elite
Alturas, California
Lets see those numbers for good or ill.

Swim: 17h 06m 49s - 50400 Yd

Bike: 31h 20m 45s - 547 Mi

Run: 18h 42m 50s - 107.57 Mi

Not what I wanted, but adequate. The shin is still bothering me, I have been more fatigued than usual and there is an occasional conflict with work and driving home 5 hours and back 5 hours on the weekend. There isn't time to heal anything before the IM, so it is just a matter of balancing what I feel I absolutely have to get in and how my body is reacting to it. As soon as things start feeling better, then the shin acts up a couple runs later. I walk jog, easy paced for a while then it acts up again. The right shoulder (rotator cuff) is often an issue as I peak my swim for an IM build. If I get lazy on my muscle balance workouts it gets worse. So after a 5500 yard swim tonight I have to hit some weights. The other problem is that if I get to the gym by 5:30 I don't have time to finish my workouts by 9pm when they close. I may just have to start doing a before work run or bike even though I am soooo not a morning person.

The good news is that I have been invited back for my admin job next year and get a decent raise. Of course I will be paying a mortgage on my home until it sells in addition the mortgage on the new home or rental so that is pretty much a wash.

Who else has some RL stuff going on? Feel free to share, it has been too quiet here 8). I will try to figure out how to get a bull ridin picture on here eventually.
2016-06-01 9:11 AM
in reply to: Baowolf

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tallahassee, Florida
Phil, awesome job on the race!!!!! Definitely want to see the RR. And congrats to your wife too. I bet you were even more proud of her for doing the race than you were with your own race.

Steve, great job on the raise and renewal of the contract. So, sounds like your family has been at the old place and you at the new place but now that may change? Good luck!

Numbers are below. Not what I wanted but it's what I managed.

Run: 18h 30m - 94.6 Mi
Core Training: 2h 50m
Walking: 2h 25m
Yoga: 4h 00m

Ok, Steve asked for real life. My son graduated this past weekend. So for graduation, we had a leaking pipe, no water, and a plumber coming in to jackhammer the floor 5 hours before graduation, weekend guests, and a party after graduation. But all worked out beautifully. Plumber was quick, jackhammer didn't create nearly the mess that I expected, we got the water turned back on (Lord, running water is a glorious thing!) one hour before the weekend guests came in, graduation went beautifully, and the party afterwards didn't seem to mind the messed up floor. My son graduated with distinction (barely missing out on graduating with honors) and got two different scholarships and more importantly, seems to have a renewed focus toward school.

2016-06-01 4:59 PM
in reply to: Pink Socks

User image

Expert
Grapevine, Texas
OK, I'll bite. Real life is always happening. Look at you guys/gals...vacationing in Greece, living in two places, and living without water!

Big news for me today...I bought a swimsuit! Hate that process, but as hubby pointed out, it's frowned upon to swim at the local HS pool and not have one! I also turned 50 this past weekend, which would make that even more frowned upon! Started my own business (accounting/bookkeeping consulting) and have been working almost exclusively for the last month or so for one client that came to me via a good friend. Ironically I got the call while I was stopped at the turnaround on a bike ride. Resigning from my last "corporate" job a couple months ago felt like leaving prison. Seriously unhealthy situation, and I feel like I have my life back now.

Hope all is well with the rest of the "gang"!

2016-06-01 11:36 PM
in reply to: squirt

User image

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAROL!
2016-06-02 10:05 AM

User image

Alexandria, Virginia
brad, 15lb loss is unbelievable! congrats

steve, hope your injuries heal up quickly. being at the gym from 5:30-9 sounds tiring. but i guess it's what ironmen do. which leads me to a question: i did a half on 5/14. do you think i'll have time to train sucessfully for a full on oct 1 (IM MD)? I really want to fit one in this year. But I don't have too many options. Overpay for IM FL, or do IM Cozumel, or do the HITS Palm Springs event.

Another Q: I'm ordering tri suits for my club this year. DO you guys prefer microfleece chamois or a fom molded eva pad? The suit I've been using has a microfleece and I've been ok with it.

Pam, you're definitely right about that. Having my wife cross the finish line after a horrifying first leg is awesome. Congrats to you and your family RE the graduation! BTW saw ou on the 1,000 mi run challenge thread. How's that going for you?

Happy birthday carol!

may totals:

swim: 1:30, 2.84 mi
bike: 11:20, 160mi
run: 8:02, 43 mi

soccer: 1:20, 3 mi
scuba diving: 1:20

Total activity: 23:37

Not bad considering taper and a long post-race break/vacation.

Edited by phifatech 2016-06-02 10:06 AM
2016-06-02 10:01 PM
in reply to: phifatech

User image

SOUTH WINDSOR, Connecticut

Hey there... can't believe I haven't been on prior to this. My apologies. Life - ya know.. ;-)

Been busy with training, work, consulting, family. Same ole same ole.. Sick yet again with sinus issues, getting better (slowly), and a 70.3 this Sunday. This HIM is hillier than last year.. Over 3900' on the bike and a hilly run. Not sure how I get myself into these?? Did the bike course at 14 MPH - 4 hours. Gonna be a long day, supposed to be cool, possible showers.

Did a sprint tri last week at Cedar Lake. Terrible swim, just couldn't get comfortable. With the sinus issue and breathing problems didn't have fun. Still did well over all time wise, just not feel wise.

Currently in taper and still rocking the numbers.. Hit 1:43 / 100 in the pool today which is :37 faster than previously.. Hoping some of it carries over into the weekend.
My Training totals: (ack, didn't post at all last month...)

April:
Swim: 5h 31m 13s - 7900 Yd
Bike: 22h 46m 10s - 315.27 Mi
Run: 10h 09m 37s - 49.83 Mi
Strength: 5h 20m

May:
Swim: 5h 57m 14s - 10047.85 Yd
Bike: 18h 25m 10s - 270.05 Mi
Run: 14h 13m 23s - 79.43 Mi
Strength: 3h 06m

Race goals:

1. Finish injury free and with a smile
2. Performance goals - Complete race under 8 hours - 1 hour swim, 4 hour bike, 3 hour run.
3. Stretch goals: Swim 50 min (2:22 / 100) - Bike 3:45 ~15 mph - Run 2:50 ~ 13:00/mile total = 7:25:00 this would beat last year's HIM - a much less hillier course.

I am bib 1017 - http://triregistration.com/ResultsListNew.phpQuassy rev3 - Middlebury, CT

Carlo - Which IM are you training for? I am sure you will rock it!! That century sounded like fun! My coach has me doing 2 x strength each week. Many are one legged exercises - dead-lifts, shoulder presses, etc. really helping with my core overall. Planks yes, crunches, no. Just what he has me doing.

Pam - great job on the races. Always nice to read about your events! You are awesome! I don't take too much from people that "used to" do things.. Congratulations to your son on his graduation and scholarships!!

Brad - nice to see you back in action. I am now using Training Peaks with one of my coaches.. any insight on what all those numbers mean? Lol, talk about data... Great job on the weight loss. I need to concentrate on this as well and finally get to my goal weight. Your wife looking into swimming and bikes... nice!

SJ - Welcome! Starting off with a HIM - way to go.. Trainer tires - use what you have, buy a new one for outside (spring). Can rotate front to rear, etc. I used clip on aero bars and loved them. The gearing and hill profiles will make the biggest difference. I switched my cassette on my road bike for a century ride I did that was hilly. Since then I have purchased a TT bike and getting settled into that now. Training data - I use Garmin Connect w/ the 920xt and have it auto upload to BT, Strava, Training Peaks, etc. No manual work.. and I love the watch.

Steve - awesome numbers as always. Congrats on the contract renewal. We all knew you would do well....

Phil - can't believe we just missed each other in PR. Will need to keep up virtually! Nice job on the 5K PR! I signed up for my first marathon in October as well - Hartford.. That sucks about your bike getting hit. Happy Anniversary (belated). Great job on the HIM - Awesome times! Wife does tri's as well too.. tell her congrats!

Brian - congrats on the race and the podium! Nice job on the 5K PR too!

Squirt - Happy Birthday! Awesome on your new work life. I am hoping to expand my consulting work and leave corporate too. Right now need to catch up on bills and get the monthly bills down. Either that or get some really good consulting contracts!!

2016-06-02 10:36 PM
in reply to: Dennis B

User image

Elite
Alturas, California
You can do a HIM as close as 5-7 weeks before an IM. You just train for the IM and hit the HIM with a very thick base. So doing a HIM in May and then an IM in October would be fine, Just take two weeks to recover from the HIM and then start a slow build to the IM from where your HIM plan left off. IM training isn't too too much harder than HIM training, it is just the long bike, run and swim that kicks your butt. Now actually doing the IM vs a HIM is a lot different, you have to pace it much slower, like zone 2 ish for a IM where you can run high zone 3 for a HIM and zone 4 for a marathon.
2016-06-03 8:17 AM

User image

Good luck at Quassy Dennis! Hope you have a blast.

2016-06-04 10:17 AM

User image

Duluth, Minnesota
Help.

I am doing my first ever triathlon - a sprint - next weekend. (I've done a duathlon, I am not particularly worried about transitioning, etc.)

Anyway, the distances are simple in and of themselves: 0.25 mile swim, 12.4 mile bike, 5K run.

I think it's a well organized, but fairly casual race. It's 5 hours away from me where my grandparents live and where I'll be visiting for the weekend. So, first problem: I have none of my running or tri friends there to help me. Just my parents (not helpful).

Race site: http://www.fairmonttriathlon.org/home.html

I was planning on wearing my wetsuit, just for the practice. The race website says the average water temp is 71 degrees, but that some people wear wetsuits for the buoyancy, practice, etc. (There's also a longer course). Anyway, I just tried my wetsuit on and, well, I wasn't able to *get* it on. Tried the tricks I know (plastic grocery bags). But just could NOT get it on. History: I bought it in 2012 when I first started getting into triathlon. That was 25 pounds ago.

Sigh.

I am not sure if it's truly too small, or if I just need help getting it on. But if I do just need help, I won't have it for this race.

Suggestions? Ideas?

Also, I haven't been open water swimming since the one time I did it in 2012. The lakes are just too cold where I live right now (I planned to go with my trainer this weekend but its literally too cold. 50 degrees outside and the water is still colder, the joys of Northern Minnesota.)

So I am left with: Do I still try to squeeze in the wetsuit next weekend? If not, what do I wear? I do not own any kind of tri suit. I run in compression shorts, so I suppose I could swim in those and a sports bra, and then just throw on a tank. (I am not comfortable enough right now to bike and run in just a sports bra.)

OK...I'll take any tips or suggestions on how I get through this thing! Namely: what should I wear? And how should I approach my first, real open water swim in the context of a race! Not wise, I know, but this is where I am....

Thanks,

SJ
2016-06-04 9:14 PM
in reply to: Baowolf

User image

Pearland,Tx
Hello!! Everyone!!!

Been Trying to get back in Focus this June i slacked in Swim and Run this May.There was this one week where i did not do much run and swim since i was worn out Volunteering at IMTX. I volunteered as a Bike Aid starting @ 8:30 am Bike was fastest in all IMTX history flat and not that hot/humid nd due to bike permit issues shortened to 95 miles. Our station closed at 1:30 pm i left at 2:00 pm and proceeded as a run aid it was a good weather at start then at 4:30pm the storm came and the race was stopped for 40 mins. I was wet and cold we still continued helping the athletes giving them water OMG!! it was non stop and the rain did not stop i left the run station at 7:00 pm since im scheduled to be a catcher i reported to my captain and gave me a dry volunteer shirt since im soaken wet but light rain still continues I was wanting to stay until midnight but im really tired,wet and cold i left at 10 pm and headed home. IMTX'16 so have the highest DNF rate so far in its history .Volunteering is rewarding helping the athletes and my captain at the bike station gave me 240 bottles of "G" Endurance. Hoping for good blessing to come my way at IMV.

Hopefully this June i need to do serious running and swimming time.

Happy training everyone!!!!

May totals

SWIM 5h 16m 48s - 15291.15 Yd
BIKE 33h 57m 05s - 592.66 Mi
RUN 11h 39m 31s - 67.34 Mi
2016-06-05 12:58 AM

User image

Hey SJ - Sorry to hear your wetsuit is giving you fits. You might be able to go to the manufacturers website of the wetsuit and look at the sizing information there to give you an idea if it should fit.

I would guess with the data point you gave it does not fit. (mine doesn't fit right now and I am around ~22 pounds ) If you did happen to get it on, the shoulders would probably be constrictive to the point that swim would not be much fun at all.

Me personally, I wouldn't even bother with the wetsuit for the ~400m swim @ 71 degrees. I know you wanted some practice but you have time before your half to get some in. I didn't look but if USA-Triathlon (USAT) is governing your swim the elite wave wouldn't be allowed wetsuits anyways. <3000m swim & 68 degrees for them. 71 isn't bad at all.

As far as what to wear...I have no experience with sport bras so I defer. Shorts - anything with a drawstring. Tighter to the body the better. What ever you decide I recommend trying it out at the pool first. I tend to live by the motto of "nothing new on race day". Doesn't always happen though, but I try.

Assuming this is your first open water swim (OWS), I would recommend starting to the outside of the masses unless you just want to get some elbow/kicking practice in.

Enjoy the day SJ. It's awesome your parents will be there and you are getting to visit your grandparents. Hope to hear how it goes afterwards.

PHIL - I have never really looked at what chamois pad I had in my suits. Hmmmm. I use the LG M2 Long Course for triathlons so whatever it has, I like. haha.

B

Edited by scubabrad02 2016-06-05 5:48 AM
2016-06-05 12:31 PM

User image

Expert
Grapevine, Texas
SJ, compression shorts and a sports bra should work unless they become too lose fitting in the water. Definitely try them out first and they may be just fine. If that doesn't work, then a swimsuit (with possibly a sports bra under it if needed/wanted), then throw on shorts and t-shirt (if desired) in transition. Wetsuit for a sprint swim in 71 degree water would be more trouble than it's worth even if it fit IMO. If you are not comfortable swimming twice the distance and in open water without the wetsuit, I would question doing it at all (not saying that's the case for you, just in general for the sake of safety). Good luck!

Thanks all for the birthday wishes! Dennis, good luck with your race and your eventual transition to less corporate world and more consulting!
2016-06-06 12:49 PM
in reply to: squirt

User image

SOUTH WINDSOR, Connecticut

REV 3 Quassy 70.3 - done! Thanks for the well wishes...

7:40 - 20 minutes better than expected..
Swim - 0:49:09
T1 - 03:47
Bike - 03:47:32
T2 - 03:05
Run - 02:56:38

Rainy, wet, cool day. Made for a LOT of fun.. Race report soon. There is a reason this is called the "Beast of the Northeast" very challenging course.

SJ - from previous experience, 25 pounds would mean a larger suit, unless it is made of the "hyper flex" material. For 71 degrees I would do as others said. Tri shorts and top - would be a good time to buy them. If not compression shorts and sports bra are worn around here quite a bit. Good luck and HAVE FUN!

Carlo - Let's go... FOCUS!! I can't wait to volunteer at IMLP. I am sure it will be fun. Nice score on the "G"..

.. man it is quiet in here these days... hope everyone is out haveing fun (training)...

Peace,
-Dennis

(Beast of the Northeast- resized.jpg)

(REV 3 Done - resized.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Beast of the Northeast- resized.jpg (24KB - 27 downloads)
REV 3 Done - resized.jpg (34KB - 28 downloads)

2016-06-07 6:52 PM

User image

Duluth, Minnesota
Thanks for the tips and suggestions, everyone. I just looked at the weather, and it is supposed to be high of 94 on the day of the race. The race is at 9:30 and it's a low of 69 the night before. (I am from Northern MN, that is CRAZY warm for June) Oy. Maybe I'll just swim in my swimsuit, and then throw on some looser compression shorts and a tank after. Sigh. We'll see. It'll be one big experiment!

I usually subscribe to the "don't try anything new on race day" mantra through and through. But that's just not possible here. Gotta start somewhere. I think for my first 5K I was definitely wearing all cotton, so hey - this'll be good for stories later down the line.
2016-06-08 8:03 AM

User image

Way to go Dennis! Surpassed some stretch goals! Great pic too. Looks like you had a blast.

If you go to your Performance Management Chart (PMC) in TP you can get a picture of your fatigue/fitness level for that particular day and use it as a baseline for how your taper went, race day perceived effort, etc. if your zones/thresholds/paces are set correctly which I assume they would be if a coach has you using TP.

Good luck this weekend SJ.

Still a few weeks of work left Carlo before Vineman. Get'er done.

Speaking of Vineman, hope your build is going well Steve. Taper is almost here.

Recovery week for me. Blah.

Fly to USA end of June. Will be in Massachussetts for a week as the daughter attends some technology congress and looks at some colleges. Hopefully can rent a bike and get a ride in a few days. If not, oh well. I am ahead of where I thought I would be at this point with biking. It's what I tell myself anyways. Swim/run is covered.
2016-06-13 2:40 PM

User image

New user
Simpsonville, South Carolina
Hello everyone!

Do you mind if I come back to join your group?

I tried out a different mentor group this year for sake of trying something new. Then I hired a coach and stopped checking in, and it appears that between that time everyone else had stopped checking in too!

If you'll have me back, I will have a little bit of catching up to do to see how everyone's doing this year .
2016-06-14 12:04 AM

User image

Pearland,Tx
Originally posted by Dennis B

REV 3 Quassy 70.3 - done! Thanks for the well wishes...

7:40 - 20 minutes better than expected..
Swim - 0:49:09
T1 - 03:47
Bike - 03:47:32
T2 - 03:05
Run - 02:56:38

Rainy, wet, cool day. Made for a LOT of fun.. Race report soon. There is a reason this is called the "Beast of the Northeast" very challenging course.

SJ - from previous experience, 25 pounds would mean a larger suit, unless it is made of the "hyper flex" material. For 71 degrees I would do as others said. Tri shorts and top - would be a good time to buy them. If not compression shorts and sports bra are worn around here quite a bit. Good luck and HAVE FUN!

Carlo - Let's go... FOCUS!! I can't wait to volunteer at IMLP. I am sure it will be fun. Nice score on the "G"..

.. man it is quiet in here these days... hope everyone is out haveing fun (training)...

Peace,
-Dennis

Dennis Congratulations!!!! You did it!!!!

im doing IM Vineman end of July

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Baowolf's Create your Own Saga Triathlon Group (OPEN!!!) Rss Feed  

of 9

RELATED POSTS

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 26 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:48 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's Summer Extravaganza Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 13 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:01 AM Baowolf

Baowolf