Other Resources The Political Joe » This gives me a headache.... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2016-01-06 11:13 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho
Subject: RE: This gives me a headache....

Originally posted by Left Brain

Originally posted by jeffnboise

Originally posted by Left Brain

Justin - fillet the breast met from the bone.....obviously, you'll have two breasts.  Cut the breast in half.  Slice a pocket into each half, that's where the cheese and jalepeno will go.  Take a fork and put some holes in the breast so it will soak up the marinade.  Make a marinade of garlic and herb seasoned Italian dressing, enough to cover the ducks. (garlic is an EXCELLENT seasoning for ducks any way you cook them)  Add about a half cup of a good steak sauce.  I use Andria's, but I'm not sure if it's local or sold nationally.....you can google it for the ingrediants and get something close.  Marinate the ducks overnight.  Get a good brick of pepper cheese and cut cubes that are about 1/4 inch X 1 inch X 1 inch. Buy any jalepenos you like, but you don't have to have fresh ones, they can be overpowering.  Remove a duck breast half, fill the pocket with 1 cube of cheese and a couple sliced jalepenos.  wrap them in bacon to hold in the cheese and peppers.....any cheap bacon will do.  Grill them, turning often, until the cheese just starts to bubble out.  Eat 'em!!  It's really important with duck, like most wild game, not to overcook.  The picture I posted above is about as done as you want them, and a bit more rare is better.  Just watch the cheese..  Don't worry about the bacon being crispy or not.......we don't eat it, but some people do.  You could do the pheasants the same way, but I would leave the jalepeno out......their flavor is probably too delicate for them.  And yeah, man......those passed down guns are an absolute treasure.  I have the shotgun my grandmother gave my grandfather on their 50th anniversary.  I hunted many days with him when he carried that gun.  I break it out for a hunt at least once a year.......just carrying it is almost magical for me. I miss him tremendously, so it's nice to hunt with something he cherished. (I also have the flask he carried his brandy in on cold hunts....of course I would never do that)

JMK - lot's of common ground between us on this issue for sure.  I can live with any sensible law that is passed BY CONGRESS.  We don't need them, but I can live with it.  I can't live with the President of our country making gun laws.....I don't care who is President.

dmiller - I don't need 60 ducks, I just wanted to see if you could add and subtract.   (we killed 42 more......sorry bro..... but.rest assured we will eat every last one of them)

boise - next you're going to tell me that President Obama is pro Law Enforcement, right?  LMAO

LB, I don't need a President to be Pro OR Anti LE; I don't work for the members of Congress.   But BO has been pretty effective in calling us out when we step our pee pees.  And, mahn have we been stepping on them. lately.  

Oh, I certainly do.  Supreme court appointees have an absolute direct bearing on how I can conduct investigations.  AG appointments do as well.  I've seen a lot of changes back and forth in 30 years doing this job.

As for calling "us" out........I couldn't care less what a few idiots do.  Lock them up, fire them, move on....whatever.  Sure, we deal with some of the aftermath and unrest, but it's just business.

Really?  I can't say they've effected me that much.  Oh, sure. they can 'interpret' the law as it was previously applied, but that's usually 10 years after the fact.  AGs are closer to the front-line, so I can feel their influence more.  But I'm just a foot soldier, I'm not in the weeds nearly as deep as you are.   Be Safe!

2016-01-06 5:38 PM
in reply to: jeffnboise

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

“The biggest problems that we’re facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all. And that’s what I intend to reverse when I’m president of the United States of America.” - Barack Obama

2016-01-06 6:20 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

Originally posted by tuwood

“The biggest problems that we’re facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all. And that’s what I intend to reverse when I’m president of the United States of America.” - Barack Obama

and so far he is on track to do fewer

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/data/orders.php

2016-01-06 7:37 PM
in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by dmiller5

There's quantity and then there's quality.  I don't think there's any chance you can stretch Bush (who i'm no fan of) into doing executive orders of the magnitude Obama has.

2016-01-06 9:15 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

So what you're saying is, "everybody does it".
2016-01-07 8:04 AM

User image

Deep in the Heart of Texas

Originally posted by dmiller5

There's quantity and then there's quality.  I don't think there's any chance you can stretch Bush (who i'm no fan of) into doing executive orders of the magnitude Obama has.

Exactly.  Executive orders stripping citizens of the rights afforded to them under the Bill of Rights are quite different than an executive order closing government offices at Noon on Christmas Eve - a secret executive order authorizing warrantless wiretapping by the NSA of citizens of the United States immediately comes to mind.

2016-01-08 12:59 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Veteran
Stevens Point, Wisconsin

Thanks LB!

I have been known to forage for mushrooms.  I think I might just save them for that!

2016-01-09 12:13 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn

So what you're saying is, "everybody does it".
In all seriousness Obama recognized that it was a problem with our system and campaigned against it in 2008. I give him full credit for that, but unfortunately when he got into office he then recognized why other presidents used it (right or wrong) and kept with the stairs quo and then some.
The unfortunate thing is a hypothetical president Trump can now take this same expanded precident and go where with it?
It's easy to support it when "my guy or gal" is in office but then it's the worst thing ever when the alternative exists it can't be good. In other words its yet another aspect of Washington that is broken and needs to be fixed.

Edited by tuwood 2016-01-09 12:15 AM
2016-02-02 12:19 PM
in reply to: jmk-brooklyn

User image

I agree completely, he's proven to be up front about who he is and what he wants, honest to a fault. Nothing he has ever done could be taken any other way. Everything he's implemented has worked out just the way he's said. A true 2nd amendment advocate. 

Happy New Year.

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » This gives me a headache.... Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

ACA could effectively give you a weeks paid vacation!

Started by uclamatt2007
Views: 977 Posts: 3

2013-10-02 7:52 AM Sous

Verizon giving millions of U.S. phone records to feds Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6

Started by DanielG
Views: 9273 Posts: 138

2013-06-24 6:38 AM tuwood
RELATED ARTICLES
date : October 1, 2006
author : Ontherun
comments : 0
Many of us race, and some race a lot, but when was the last time you gave something back to the sport of triathlon?