Attachments
----------------
gunss.png (104KB - 1 downloads)

2016-01-02 7:29 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Subject: RE: This gives me a headache....
I don't get why? He's not saying he wants to limit guns-he's saying that he wants to prevent " effortless availability of arms for anyone". Isn't that what you and every other responsible gun owner are always saying? That it's not the guns themselves,it's the people who use them irresponsibly?

2016-01-02 10:25 AM
in reply to: jmk-brooklyn

User image

Pro

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn I don't get why? He's not saying he wants to limit guns-he's saying that he wants to prevent " effortless availability of arms for anyone". Isn't that what you and every other responsible gun owner are always saying? That it's not the guns themselves,it's the people who use them irresponsibly?

jmk - just watch what he comes up with.....it'll be meaningless for everyone except those who don't really understand what he did. (likely not people like you, but those who don't think at all).  His biggest steps will be against the gun show folks, and the exception to background checks that actually may, or may not, exist depending on interpretation (and some states do interpret it differently).  Anyway.......name me a mass shooter, or actually I'll take any killer, who bought their gun at a gun show.........the clock is ticking.

2016-01-02 11:46 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

The other thing, jmk, and I think you know I'm no conspiracy theory guy.........do we really want the President of the United States making executive orders regarding who can have a gun? (I'm not talking about President Obama specifically, but rather in general......think Trump ordering every Muslim to turn in their guns)  That's a road I don't really want to go down. 

Edited by Left Brain 2016-01-02 11:57 AM
2016-01-02 12:09 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

You're right LB, I want the states making those laws. However, with the amount of money in the political system, it isn't happening and that is when the federal government SHOULD step in.  When state are effin it all up.

something something feel the bernnnnn

2016-01-02 12:30 PM
in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Pro

Originally posted by dmiller5

You're right LB, I want the states making those laws. However, with the amount of money in the political system, it isn't happening and that is when the federal government SHOULD step in.  When state are effin it all up.

something something feel the bernnnnn

Fine, I have no problem living with laws that are passed by our govt......but we are not talking about the federal govt. here.....we are talking about the President....one man.  NO!

2016-01-02 1:52 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

Pretty sure the president has freedom of speech and is allowed to tell people they should organize against the gun lobby.  He is allowed to tell legislators that he thinks they should do this....whats your problem?

2016-01-02 2:16 PM

User image

Deep in the Heart of Texas

Originally posted by dmiller5

Pretty sure the president has freedom of speech and is allowed to tell people they should organize against the gun lobby.  He is allowed to tell legislators that he thinks they should do this....whats your problem?

Unilaterally making laws through executive order.  If he actually had the power, why didn't he issue his upcoming executive orders when he took office?

2016-01-02 3:40 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Originally posted by Left Brain

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn I don't get why? He's not saying he wants to limit guns-he's saying that he wants to prevent " effortless availability of arms for anyone". Isn't that what you and every other responsible gun owner are always saying? That it's not the guns themselves,it's the people who use them irresponsibly?

jmk - just watch what he comes up with.....it'll be meaningless for everyone except those who don't really understand what he did. (likely not people like you, but those who don't think at all).  His biggest steps will be against the gun show folks, and the exception to background checks that actually may, or may not, exist depending on interpretation (and some states do interpret it differently).  Anyway.......name me a mass shooter, or actually I'll take any killer, who bought their gun at a gun show.........the clock is ticking.

Makes sense. Unfortunately, I thing the drumbeat to "do something" is getting louder. If there's a silver lining, maybe it'll encourage some legislators who so far haven't done much other than say, "No. Won't work. Can't do that..." to start being part of a solution. I don't think anyone can deny that the problem of gun violence is growing, and we're agreed that the guns aren't going away.
2016-01-02 5:16 PM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by dmillergi5

Uh.....my problem is that he is talking about making law (that's what an executive order is)....saying who can have a gun and who can't, and how they can get them.....do you want that door opened? Do you want to give one man that power?  Haven't we already left the barn door open far enough when it comes to guns and gun laws?  Do you REALLY want the President of our country to decide that?  You know, we won't always have the same President.

It's funny......I don't know anyone on the planet as liberal as my wife.....as I have said before, a born and raised Berkeley, Ca. girl.  Her reaction to the President mandating gun laws......"Hell No!!!"   C'mon dude.....in our life together this is the only political thing my wife and I have ever agreed on......now you want to take that. I can't have nothing.

Edited by Left Brain 2016-01-02 5:21 PM
2016-01-03 6:15 PM

User image

Pro

MMMMMMMM......bacon wrapped duck breasts stuffed with jalepenos and pepper cheese.  Brought to you by 4 guys with shotguns. 

It's a horrible way to live. 

(yum.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
yum.jpg (112KB - 1 downloads)

2016-01-03 7:30 PM

User image

Pro

(yum2.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
yum2.jpg (67KB - 1 downloads)
2016-01-03 7:38 PM

New user

Fifteen million ducks killed in the U.S. Isn't it about time to enact sensible gun control?

#ducklivesmatter

2016-01-03 8:17 PM
in reply to: NXS

User image

Pro

Originally posted by NXS Fifteen million ducks killed in the U.S. Isn't it about time to enact sensible gun control? #ducklivesmatter

If I have my way by Tuesday evening it'll be 15,000,060. 

2016-01-03 10:46 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

Originally posted by NXS Fifteen million ducks killed in the U.S. Isn't it about time to enact sensible gun control? #ducklivesmatter

If I have my way by Tuesday evening it'll be 15,000,060. 

what do you need 60 ducks for?

and duck lives do matter, quack quack.

make friends not food.

2016-01-04 10:27 AM

User image

Veteran
Stevens Point, Wisconsin

I need that recipe LB!  Looks fantastic.  I have a few ducks sitting in my freezer.

Gun control is one thing that I think the liberals have it wrong on.  I used to be all for it, but many of you such as LB have helped me see the truth behind it.  Gun control doesn't work.  While I think we should still have some gun control, and there should be some background checks.  Most of my liberal friends hate that I am very pro gun.  I own several myself. 

The bad guys are always going to have guns!  I think back to the one time that I was held up at gunpoint at a restaurant.  While I can't say for certain that they didn't get a hold of their gun legally I think it's a pretty safe bet.  Having more control wont help get these guns off the street.

But anyways, I don't know.  All I know is I'm hungry for some duck.  Oh I have some pheasants too.  So throw some good recipes my way for that too!

2016-01-04 11:43 AM
in reply to: Justin86

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Originally posted by Justin86

I need that recipe LB!  Looks fantastic.  I have a few ducks sitting in my freezer.

Gun control is one thing that I think the liberals have it wrong on.  I used to be all for it, but many of you such as LB have helped me see the truth behind it.  Gun control doesn't work.  While I think we should still have some gun control, and there should be some background checks.  Most of my liberal friends hate that I am very pro gun.  I own several myself. 

The bad guys are always going to have guns!  I think back to the one time that I was held up at gunpoint at a restaurant.  While I can't say for certain that they didn't get a hold of their gun legally I think it's a pretty safe bet.  Having more control wont help get these guns off the street.

But anyways, I don't know.  All I know is I'm hungry for some duck.  Oh I have some pheasants too.  So throw some good recipes my way for that too!

LB's right that the genie is out of the bottle with respect to "controlling" guns. Even if you somehow passed a law that banned gun manufacturing and sales in the US forever, you'd still have the 400 million guns already in circulation, so regardless of whether someone thinks that guns are the problem, the fact is, they're here in huge numbers and they aren't going away.

I think what we CAN do is be much more aggressive about trying to "control" who gets guns in the first place, who gets to keep them, and how strictly people are punished for using them or owning them illegally. I think there's a lot of good that can be done along those lines without ever having to think about taking any guns away from law-abiding people.

2016-01-04 12:18 PM
in reply to: jmk-brooklyn

User image

Veteran
Stevens Point, Wisconsin

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn
Originally posted by Justin86

LB's right that the genie is out of the bottle with respect to "controlling" guns. Even if you somehow passed a law that banned gun manufacturing and sales in the US forever, you'd still have the 400 million guns already in circulation, so regardless of whether someone thinks that guns are the problem, the fact is, they're here in huge numbers and they aren't going away. I think what we CAN do is be much more aggressive about trying to "control" who gets guns in the first place, who gets to keep them, and how strictly people are punished for using them or owning them illegally. I think there's a lot of good that can be done along those lines without ever having to think about taking any guns away from law-abiding people.

Exactly.  I'm not much of a hunter but I still like to keep my guns.  Some of them were passed down, others I purchased because, well they're fun to shoot.  They are doing no harm sitting in my house. 

After all I may just be on the first line of defense when the Canadians decide to invade!

2016-01-05 11:23 AM
in reply to: Justin86

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho

I don't give a squirt of pi## about the Gun Show Loophole (I used caps there-'cuz now it's a proper noun-y 'thing')

BUT.....there is also language that allocates more funds to the ENFORCEMENT of gun crimes.  Isn't that what EVERYONE has been saying all along, "We don't need no new laws, we need to enforce the ones we got"?  Well......this is a mechanism for doing that.   So what's the beef?

2016-01-05 11:39 PM

User image

Pro

Justin - fillet the breast met from the bone.....obviously, you'll have two breasts.  Cut the breast in half.  Slice a pocket into each half, that's where the cheese and jalepeno will go.  Take a fork and put some holes in the breast so it will soak up the marinade.  Make a marinade of garlic and herb seasoned Italian dressing, enough to cover the ducks. (garlic is an EXCELLENT seasoning for ducks any way you cook them)  Add about a half cup of a good steak sauce.  I use Andria's, but I'm not sure if it's local or sold nationally.....you can google it for the ingrediants and get something close.  Marinate the ducks overnight.  Get a good brick of pepper cheese and cut cubes that are about 1/4 inch X 1 inch X 1 inch. Buy any jalepenos you like, but you don't have to have fresh ones, they can be overpowering.  Remove a duck breast half, fill the pocket with 1 cube of cheese and a couple sliced jalepenos.  wrap them in bacon to hold in the cheese and peppers.....any cheap bacon will do.  Grill them, turning often, until the cheese just starts to bubble out.  Eat 'em!!  It's really important with duck, like most wild game, not to overcook.  The picture I posted above is about as done as you want them, and a bit more rare is better.  Just watch the cheese..  Don't worry about the bacon being crispy or not.......we don't eat it, but some people do.  You could do the pheasants the same way, but I would leave the jalepeno out......their flavor is probably too delicate for them.  And yeah, man......those passed down guns are an absolute treasure.  I have the shotgun my grandmother gave my grandfather on their 50th anniversary.  I hunted many days with him when he carried that gun.  I break it out for a hunt at least once a year.......just carrying it is almost magical for me. I miss him tremendously, so it's nice to hunt with something he cherished. (I also have the flask he carried his brandy in on cold hunts....of course I would never do that)

JMK - lot's of common ground between us on this issue for sure.  I can live with any sensible law that is passed BY CONGRESS.  We don't need them, but I can live with it.  I can't live with the President of our country making gun laws.....I don't care who is President.

dmiller - I don't need 60 ducks, I just wanted to see if you could add and subtract.   (we killed 42 more......sorry bro..... but.rest assured we will eat every last one of them)

boise - next you're going to tell me that President Obama is pro Law Enforcement, right?  LMAO

Edited by Left Brain 2016-01-05 11:52 PM
2016-01-06 12:24 AM

User image

Pro

Jutin - another thought on  the pheasants.  I don't know if you are a forager or not, but if so, save them until Spring and substitute morel mushrooms for the peppers.  Just make sure you sauté the morels first, they have to be cooked.  I've never done it with pheasants, but I have with quail, and it's fabulous.  I think the flavor if a pheasant would go perfect with morels.

2016-01-06 7:41 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

Justin - fillet the breast met from the bone.....obviously, you'll have two breasts.  Cut the breast in half.  Slice a pocket into each half, that's where the cheese and jalepeno will go.  Take a fork and put some holes in the breast so it will soak up the marinade.  Make a marinade of garlic and herb seasoned Italian dressing, enough to cover the ducks. (garlic is an EXCELLENT seasoning for ducks any way you cook them)  Add about a half cup of a good steak sauce.  I use Andria's, but I'm not sure if it's local or sold nationally.....you can google it for the ingrediants and get something close.  Marinate the ducks overnight.  Get a good brick of pepper cheese and cut cubes that are about 1/4 inch X 1 inch X 1 inch. Buy any jalepenos you like, but you don't have to have fresh ones, they can be overpowering.  Remove a duck breast half, fill the pocket with 1 cube of cheese and a couple sliced jalepenos.  wrap them in bacon to hold in the cheese and peppers.....any cheap bacon will do.  Grill them, turning often, until the cheese just starts to bubble out.  Eat 'em!!  It's really important with duck, like most wild game, not to overcook.  The picture I posted above is about as done as you want them, and a bit more rare is better.  Just watch the cheese..  Don't worry about the bacon being crispy or not.......we don't eat it, but some people do.  You could do the pheasants the same way, but I would leave the jalepeno out......their flavor is probably too delicate for them.  And yeah, man......those passed down guns are an absolute treasure.  I have the shotgun my grandmother gave my grandfather on their 50th anniversary.  I hunted many days with him when he carried that gun.  I break it out for a hunt at least once a year.......just carrying it is almost magical for me. I miss him tremendously, so it's nice to hunt with something he cherished. (I also have the flask he carried his brandy in on cold hunts....of course I would never do that)

JMK - lot's of common ground between us on this issue for sure.  I can live with any sensible law that is passed BY CONGRESS.  We don't need them, but I can live with it.  I can't live with the President of our country making gun laws.....I don't care who is President.

dmiller - I don't need 60 ducks, I just wanted to see if you could add and subtract.   (we killed 42 more......sorry bro..... but.rest assured we will eat every last one of them)

boise - next you're going to tell me that President Obama is pro Law Enforcement, right?  LMAO

that's a lot of ducks.  do you make pillows or something out of them

2016-01-06 8:18 AM

User image

Pro

Eh.....it's not that many split up between 4 guys.  I brought 12 home, that's 3 meals for my family.  That picture above of the bacon wrapped breasts is 4 ducks....there were no leftovers.

2016-01-06 10:29 AM

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho

LB, I don't need a President to be Pro OR Anti LE; I don't work for the members of Congress.   But BO has been pretty effective in calling us out when we step our pee pees.  And, mahn have we been stepping on them. lately.  

Edited by jeffnboise 2016-01-06 10:29 AM
2016-01-06 10:52 AM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by jeffnboise

LB, I don't need a President to be Pro OR Anti LE; I don't work for the members of Congress.   But BO has been pretty effective in calling us out when we step our pee pees.  And, mahn have we been stepping on them. lately.  

Oh, I certainly do.  Supreme court appointees have an absolute direct bearing on how I can conduct investigations.  AG appointments do as well.  I've seen a lot of changes back and forth in 30 years doing this job.

As for calling "us" out........I couldn't care less what a few idiots do.  Lock them up, fire them, move on....whatever.  Sure, we deal with some of the aftermath and unrest, but it's just business.

Edited by Left Brain 2016-01-06 10:54 AM
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » This gives me a headache.... Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

ACA could effectively give you a weeks paid vacation!

Started by uclamatt2007
Views: 977 Posts: 3

2013-10-02 7:52 AM Sous

Verizon giving millions of U.S. phone records to feds Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6

Started by DanielG
Views: 9275 Posts: 138

2013-06-24 6:38 AM tuwood
RELATED ARTICLES
date : October 1, 2006
author : Ontherun
comments : 0
Many of us race, and some race a lot, but when was the last time you gave something back to the sport of triathlon?