BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Dominion's Sprint and Olympic Distance - OPEN !!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 24

2016-04-12 12:40 PM
in reply to: Dominion

User image

Subject: RE: Another 5K in the books
Great job Randy! Pretty consistent splits

Hope everyone is having a good training month. Almost half way thru

Nate

2016-04-12 3:23 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Veteran
Deep South, Georgia

Yep, almost halfway there. Pretty good bike and run month so far. Terrible swim month for me.

I did get signed up for first my 2 races, one of which is a relay for my local shop (SBR Racing). I'll be riding the bike, so super pumped about that. Our swimmer is an ex collegiate swimmer and our runner is a non tri guy (runner only) who is fast and training for the the big Peachtree 10k in Atlanta. We should do well!

Edited by Dominion 2016-04-12 3:24 PM
2016-04-13 9:31 AM

User image

Veteran
Cleburne, Texas

Good job on the 5K, Randy!

I skimmed through the article about training while sick and agree with it most of it. I saw the doctor a minimum of three times a year for sinus infections and/or bronchitis for as long as I can remember until I started running. And now, I've been to the doctor three times in the last five or so years and two of those were sports injuries. The third was for bronchitis and that was last week after a BAD allergy attack. I haven't missed a beat in my training or work schedule. Now if it had turned into an infection that would have been different and I probably would have been forced to back off. Over training could lead to a week immune system but you're probably going to sideline yourself with an injury first. Note the importance of healthy eating especially while training. I've been friends with my doctor for many years and we joke that we never get to see each other anymore. His words were, "This is really incredible".

Training is going well. Monday was my "long day" and the heat index jumped into the 90's.  My swim was cut a little short because I ran out of time. I had a flat tire on mile 99.2 and ended up calling for a ride after using my extra tube and three CO2's (I've since resolved that issue!!). But I still got in my short run at the end. It was hard keeping my HR down in zone 1 with the heat. I felt good though and after 25 minutes my run legs showed up. I think my HR would have settled down shortly afterwards if I had kept going. My nutrition/hydration plan went very well even with the heat.  Other than a sore neck from the swim then being aero for so long I had no issues. I'm trying to relax more! 

For rides only 2-3 hours long it's almost impossible for me to keep my heart rate up out of Zone 1. I really need some head wind or a long hill to get deep into Zone 2. I've given up on reaching Zone 3 and 4. My legs just can't work that hard w/o feeling like I'm risking injury, blowing them out, or just completely losing my form. It's been fun and amassing to watch how my system has adapted to the work load over this training cycle. I'm still aerobic  (high zone 1, low zone 2) running under an 8 min/mile but my legs can't hold that for the race and I'm not even going to try!

All and all I'm getting REALLY tired of training!! I wish the race was next week so this would end! This is my hardest week in my plan, next week isn't much better, then I start my tapper. I've started using my race gear in my workouts and sighting during my swims just to make sure everything will go well. I purchased Giro Air Attack Shield to help keep up the excitement and they're really cool (in spite of my wife rolling her eyes). I need to schedule an appointment with my bike guy for a full overhaul soon so I can some miles on it again before race day. And, I'm so tired of eating! I've struggled lately to keep my weight over 160. If I'm not sleeping I'm eating! 

Sorry my post was so long. I finally found myself sitting at the PC in my pajamas with a cup of coffee. I only have a short ride and gym time before work this evening. Now time for second breakfast!

Anyone else have a race coming up? I think Cass is doing New Orleans 70.3 this weekend.

2016-04-13 10:47 PM
in reply to: HelmoAlkou

User image

well damn those look sharp. What color did you get?

On top of "Hammer and Chisel" my wife just challenged me to a push up challenge. I am losing triathlon training time.
2016-04-14 6:31 AM
in reply to: nrpoulin

User image

Veteran
Cleburne, Texas

Black/Red to match my bike. Plus that color was 20% off. 

2016-04-14 8:45 AM

User image

North Grafton, Massachusetts
I really have to show some discipline when it comes to these kinds of things. There are SO many cool gadgets and clothing and ... It can really turn into an expensive sport! My wife and I always joke because I come up with a million ideas for "inventions". She laughs at most of them, but I've subsequently found more than one of my inventions available as an actual product on the market. The latest one is the Recon Jet that displays your workout data on a small screen on your sunglasses. I had to go run over and show it to her when I first saw an ad in a magazine. LOL

I keep saying I should be done with buying new stuff, but I'm sure many of you know how that ends up. ;-) I have given serious thought to finally buying the clip-in pedals/shoes. Also, I had been giving consideration to buying a wetsuit. I still haven't pulled the trigger on either of those purchases, but I feel like it will happen sooner or later. The wetsuit may be first because the clip-in pedals scare me a little. I'm used to my ugly toe clips and know I can safely and quickly get my foot out if I needed to. I've just heard too many stories from people that had problems with the clip-in shoes and they ended up getting injured. I don't have time for that!

2016-04-14 8:06 PM
in reply to: rjchilds8

User image

Originally posted by rjchilds8

The latest one is the Recon Jet that displays your workout data on a small screen on your sunglasses. I had to go run over and show it to her when I first saw an ad in a magazine. LOL

By the way, didn't mean to claim that I had the exact same product as the Recon Jet in mind, just the general idea that there should be a way for you to see your workout stats displayed so that you could see them without having to look down at your watch. I think my original idea was actually for the bike and to have a special visor on your helmet so you could check your stats without having to take your eyes off the road. Anyway, I was clearly a little late on that idea! ;-)
2016-04-17 1:53 PM

User image

Pacific Northwest, Washington
Subject: Well, that didn't happen... My first DNF
This morning's swim started by jumping off a dock into Lake Pontchartrain. The wind was blowing at 21 mph. The water looked choppy, but not so bad. The pro athletes went first, and they made it look easy. The age groups went next, eight people at a time jumping off the dock, every 12 seconds. My group was last, and I found myself walking down the ramp next to my triathlon idol, Sister Madonna Buder, who, at 87, is the oldest Ironman finisher in the world. She shook my hand and wished me luck as I probably babbled something really stupid in return. And then it was our turn, and I didn't even think about it--I just jumped.

Water went up my nose, and I came up sputtering, so I rolled over on my back and just breathed. After a few seconds, I rolled over on my stomach and a wave crashed over my head. I struggled to swim freestyle, but the waves were just crashing into my head. I tried to time it so I breathed in on the troughs, and out through my nose on the crests, but the waves were coming too fast, so I settled into a weird sidestroke kind of style, facing away from the wind. All around me, people were giving up and calling for help, but I was determined to stick it out. If I could just make it to the first turn buoy, I could then get a break with the wind at my back and go with the current on the return trip.

But then it seemed the waves started getting bigger, continually swamping me, so I rolled over on my back and tried to back float. That worked, but was even slower than the side stroke. I struggled and struggled. Waves were crashing over my head. Every few minutes, I rolled back over and tried swimming freestyle, but it just wasn't working. I was sputtering and choking and coughing up water. I just couldn't get a rhythm going. Dozens of us were struggling valiantly, but one by one, people were climbing out of the water and calling it quits. I was determined to stick it out.

But the wind was getting stronger and the waves bigger and bigger. The waves blocked sight of the buoys ahead of me, so I couldn't see them anymore. It kept blowing me backwards, slowing my progress to almost a standstill. I stopped at the breaker wall and held onto a lifeguard's float for a few seconds so I could take a look. I wasn't sure how far away they were, so I asked. The lifeguard said I'd made it only half way to the first buoy. The course was M-shaped, out to one buoy, and then back, and then out again, and then back, ending at a different dock. At 38 minutes, I was still on the first out leg, about 1/7 the way through the swim course. And I had to complete the entire swim course in 1:10:00 or I would be DNF and pulled from the course. And at my current rate, I figured it was going to take me three hours.

I let go of the lifeguard's float and swam on. Unfortunately, I just wasn't going anywhere. I struggled for ten more minutes, but covered only about twenty feet. It just wasn't happening. I couldn't see anyone else on the swim course anymore, except the lifeguards. Everyone else had either managed to swim on, or had already quit. The wind was too strong and getting worse; I just wasn't going anywhere, so I called for a ride back to the dock. Of all the things I had feared about this race, giving up was just not one of them. I'm not a quitter. I've never understood how people could quit. We train so hard and spend so much money; quitting just doesn't seem to be an option. But out there, struggling just to keep my head above water, I didn't see any other options. I didn't see any point in fighting until they pulled me from the water. A DNF is a DNF is a DNF. Never, ever, did I consider wind would be an issue for the swim. Especially in a "protected" harbor. And of all the things that I could think of to cause me to not finish a race, the swim was not one of them. I might not be a fast swimmer, but I am a good, solid swimmer. But at the moment, I felt like a shipwreck survivor, with not much time left.

When I got back to my bike, I thought about what I should do next. I knew I should stay and see if I could volunteer or, at the very least, cheer on those who hadn't quit. But I felt like such a fraud. They'd taken my timing chip when they pulled me from the water, and they wouldn't let me finish the course as a non-competitor. I was one of Those People. The athlete wannabes. I was uncomfortable just being there, so I just grabbed my stuff, turned in my ID wristband, and slunk off. I hopped on my bike and just rode away from Lake Pontchartrain until I could get clear enough of the course to summon a Lyft. The wind didn't bother me on my bike, which didn't make me feel any better. It wasn't that much different from what I deal with back at home. I know if I had been able to complete the swim, I would have been able to finish the race.

Finally, after several attempts, I got a response from a Lyft driver and got a ride the rest of the way back to the resort where I was staying. The first thing I did was scrub off my numbers. NOLA 70.3 is done for me. At this point, I just want to go home and forget this ever happened.

But I'm not done trying. Coeur d'Alene 70.3 is June 26. I'm thinking I should just do one in my own backyard. I've done the training, I've put in the time, I know I can do the distance. Maybe some day I'll try NOLA again.
2016-04-17 3:12 PM
in reply to: burner2

User image

Subject: RE: Well, that didn't happen... My first DNF
Originally posted by burner2

But I'm not done trying. Coeur d'Alene 70.3 is June 26. I'm thinking I should just do one in my own backyard. I've done the training, I've put in the time, I know I can do the distance. Maybe some day I'll try NOLA again.

Sorry to hear that, Cass. I know you're disappointed, but there's always the next race! Chalk it up to what it was, tough race conditions, and move on to the next one. Remember, even the pros DNF. Nobody is immune.

And what you described is also probably my biggest fear as well. I'm a decent enough swimmer (I just did 2.5 km non-stop in the pool) and know I can complete the half-Iron swim ... in calm water. I'm not sure what would happen to me in choppy or rough water. I've never had to face it doing all of my races in small enough bodies of water that are far enough inland that there's virtually no chance of having that ever happen to me. But I fear what would happen to me in that situation.

Keep your chin up and keep the faith. Like you said, there were a lot of people that dropped out of that swim. The sheer number of people that dropped out should tell you just how bad the conditions were.

Oh, yeah, and I'm a fan of Sister Madonna Buder! The Iron Nun! So cool that you got to meet her.
2016-04-17 3:56 PM

User image

Subject: Brick with the kids
Went out for a bike ride today. I bit off a little more than my legs could chew, but I managed to get through the 25 mile bike despite having a little cramping in my quads. I think if I had done the 25 miles on flatter ground it wouldn't have been a problem, but my first 8 or so miles were through my training loop that has two tough hills. That was a mistake, probably too early in the season to be combining those hills with a longer ride. I managed to get through it, but I was suffering the effects of a hard ride.

Anyway, I had told the kids I wanted to do this. In part, because I know they want to do another kids 1K run this year. And partly because I wanted to see how my legs felt after a longer ride. I ran the first lap with my 6 year old daughter. She did the 1 kilometer loop in 7:36. I ran the second lap with my 4 year old son. I thought he did great and he finished his kilometer in 8:16. I thought it was impressive for him to only be 0:40 slower than his sister given the 18 month gap in their ages.

I'm sure glad I asked them to run with me because I'm not sure I could have run any faster than they did! LOL Over the last couple tenths of a mile, my right quad was really starting to tighten up. Luckily, I was running it at Nathan's pace. I couldn't stop looking at the smile on his face and that really helped me get through it. Thanks, little buddy!
2016-04-18 12:04 PM

User image

Veteran
Deep South, Georgia

Sorry to hear about your tough day at NOLA 70.3

Keep your head up. Better days are ahead. Your determination is an inspiration to us all. 

Just focus on the big picture. That's what this sport is really about, meeting personal challenges and overcoming the setbacks along the way.

It's all about the journey!

2016-04-18 3:46 PM

User image

Veteran
Cleburne, Texas

Originally posted by burner2 ... Maybe some day I'll try NOLA again.

OH! NO! 

So sorry to hear this, Cass! You've experienced my greatest fear. DNF because of something out of your control. 

And don't stop trying!! This just means it's going to be all the more sweeter when you do nail it!!

2016-04-18 8:50 PM

User image

Veteran
Deep South, Georgia
Subject: RE: Brick with the kids

Originally posted by rjchilds8 Went out for a bike ride today. I bit off a little more than my legs could chew, but I managed to get through the 25 mile bike despite having a little cramping in my quads. I think if I had done the 25 miles on flatter ground it wouldn't have been a problem, but my first 8 or so miles were through my training loop that has two tough hills. That was a mistake, probably too early in the season to be combining those hills with a longer ride. I managed to get through it, but I was suffering the effects of a hard ride. Anyway, I had told the kids I wanted to do this. In part, because I know they want to do another kids 1K run this year. And partly because I wanted to see how my legs felt after a longer ride. I ran the first lap with my 6 year old daughter. She did the 1 kilometer loop in 7:36. I ran the second lap with my 4 year old son. I thought he did great and he finished his kilometer in 8:16. I thought it was impressive for him to only be 0:40 slower than his sister given the 18 month gap in their ages. I'm sure glad I asked them to run with me because I'm not sure I could have run any faster than they did! LOL Over the last couple tenths of a mile, my right quad was really starting to tighten up. Luckily, I was running it at Nathan's pace. I couldn't stop looking at the smile on his face and that really helped me get through it. Thanks, little buddy!

Fun running with the kids. My daughter used to ride her bike with me around the neighborhood when I went for runs. Now she is old enough to run with me. Next year I probably won't be able to keep up!

2016-04-18 10:07 PM

User image

Subject: RE: Brick with the kids
Tough day Cass. It was already said, even the pros DNF. DNF is better that did not try. Focus on your next challenge.

Nate
2016-04-19 11:40 AM

User image

Sadly, it turns out I'm in better company than I thought. Of the 62 women in my age group, only 28 completed the race. Four or five others completed the swim, but were considered DNF because they went over the time limit. The rest of us are considered DNS. I've heard through the grapevine that the race had a 61% completion rate, but I haven't been able to verify that yet because I'm still out of town, with just a tablet, instead of a real computer. However, it wouldn't surprise me.

They actually had divers out there looking for bodies. Fortunately, it turns out--according to rumor, anyway--that four people had scaled the wall and just walked away without turning in their timing chips, so no fatalities. People were screaming for help. I'll never forget the woman ahead of me just screaming "Help! Help! Help!" repeatedly. Like someone else said, it was like a scene out of the movie Titanic, total chaos.

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend this race to anyone.
2016-04-24 3:47 PM

User image

Subject: Quiet, but I've got a question
So quiet on here. Everyone must be too exhausted from their workouts to post. LOL

Question for everyone. It seems like at least the last 5 times I've been to the pool I've had the sniffles for at least a day afterwards. Does this happen to anyone else? I don't remember it happening like this before. It's possible it did and I never made a mental note of it, but I think it's more likely that it's a new development. Sometimes it's gone the same day. But other times, like right now, it's more than a day after my swim and I still have a runny nose. Just curious if that happens to anyone else.

Hope everyone's training is going well!

2016-04-24 6:06 PM

User image

Subject: RE: Dominion's Sprint and Olympic Distance Tri Group - CLOSED
No problem other than allergies it's time of year. Some people are very reactive to chlorine and it can trigger asthma.

Raced today. 14 minute PR for this course. Worst swim ever though. Will put a report up soon.

All of the new folks bailed pm'd them a few weeks back to see how things were going. No responses

Edited by nrpoulin 2016-04-24 8:50 PM
2016-04-24 10:44 PM

User image

Subject: RE: Quiet, but I've got a question
Originally posted by rjchilds8
Question for everyone. It seems like at least the last 5 times I've been to the pool I've had the sniffles for at least a day afterwards. Does this happen to anyone else?

It can take a couple of hours sometimes for the pool water to drain from my head, depending on how rowdy the other pool users were when I was trying to swim, but it usually doesn't last longer than that. However, the chlorine can affect me, especially if I swim soon after they add more chemicals, and can irritate my sinuses for a day or so. My biggest problem this time of year, though, is allergies.

Unfortunately, April has not been a good month for me. I spent the first two weeks laid up with a bad back, and then the week in New Orleans, and then caught something nasty on the plane ride back. So far this month, I've made it into work only five days, and my training hours are way down, as well. I'm still struggling to get over it, but I did manage to get out for the Lilac Century Ride for the third year in a row this morning. However, this year, I chose not to do the brick option and just took my time on the ride and did a shorter 20-mile loop. It was nice just being out there and enjoying it as a community bike ride, instead of a training session. I took the time to stop at every rest stop and enjoy the homemade cookies the volunteers made for us and talk with the kids. I was also able to snag a new 2014 t-shirt to replace my original one, which is now four sizes too big.

Edited by burner2 2016-04-24 10:46 PM
2016-04-25 8:44 AM

User image

Veteran
Cleburne, Texas

Originally posted by rjchilds8 So quiet on here. Everyone must be too exhausted from their workouts to post. LOL Question for everyone. It seems like at least the last 5 times I've been to the pool I've had the sniffles for at least a day afterwards. Does this happen to anyone else? I don't remember it happening like this before. It's possible it did and I never made a mental note of it, but I think it's more likely that it's a new development. Sometimes it's gone the same day. But other times, like right now, it's more than a day after my swim and I still have a runny nose. Just curious if that happens to anyone else. Hope everyone's training is going well!

You bet. It's usually worse for me during the allergy seasons. It doesn't seem to matter which pool I swim in, chlorine or salt water. I usually have about an hour or so after the swim then my nose unloads. Sometimes for hours. It really sucks while on the bike! You might try taking an antihistamine and see if it calms down your sinus so they won't react to the chlorine as bad. Just a guess. 

Threw my back out last Monday. I think it was from riding a stationary at the gym on Sunday but who knows. I managed to get in a few long, slow, and painful workouts in last week but missed my volume goal. At this point I'm not improving anything anyway. Just holding on till race day. I'm three weeks out and my taper has started, thank God! I have a couple of days off this week. Resting today with a swim/bike/run tomorrow and another rest on Wednesday. Oh, and another chiropractor appoint this afternoon. I've really stayed on top of my back/core work but when it goes, it goes.

Have a good week!

2016-04-25 3:23 PM

User image

Subject: White Lake Sprint Race Report
Second race of the year was yesterday. Overall I was pretty happy but still struggle to put it all together. Stop here if you wanted the short version

This race is about 2.5 hours south of us, and the town looks like its stuck in the 50's. Two years ago I raced here and the motor inn left a lot to be desired so my wife and family decided to sit this one out. I had arranged for a hotel Saturday night that was about 40 minutes outside of town (not of the motor inns by the lake allow for online booking). Had planned to leave around 7 to get down there in time to stretch and relax but decided to have a dinner date first since my wife got a sitter to help out. The sitter arrived as I was mounting my bike on the roof. I finally got on the road around 8:30. I mention all this because I never loaded my front tire. I realized this about an hour into my drive, and turned around. I ultimately arrived at my hotel at midnight. Since I was 40 minutes from the race It was going to be an early morning.

I got on sight at 6:20 for a 8:00 race. It was 60 degrees, and I registered, and got my TZ ready. I went to bike support and had my front brake adjusted. An athlete suggested I clean the fine dirt and plant mater from "grass" off my tire as it could result in a flat. I was worried about it getting in my gear which I spent an hour or two cleaning the day before. A couple trips to the bathroom and then it was time to get into my wet suit. I did some light stretching. The water was 69 degrees so warmer than air. No time for a warm up. I had been swimming pretty fast and typically in the top third for swimmer in most events so I positioned myself toward the front of the scrum. That was a mistake. Don't know what was wrong but I just couldn't swim today. This is the second time racing this race and I was slower than two years ago when it was my second race and I am a significantly better swimmer now. Two years ago I rented a full suit and used my own sleeveless for this race. I had only used it once before in NH and did get to swim a couple times in it the week before. Not sure what happened but this was the worst swim I have had in three years.

T1 was going well. The TA was large because there was an Oly and Half the day before and there was a lot of space to run thru. (I guess they didn't reuse any numbers) . Timing chip got stuck in my suit and I didn't realize till I was leaving TA and had to run back. Got on the bike well and upto speed. Realized that although I had double checked my breaks in setup I hadn't looked at my speedometer, and the sensor wasn't catching. Grrr.
I had planned on keeping the pace around 19 mph. Now I was gonna go by feel. Two loops around the lake. The first loop I passed a few people and got passed by one. Technically two but I passed him back and never saw him again. During the second loop I passed a lot of folks and got passed by 3 more. I was tough to know if we were on the same lap or not. Drank my entire areobottle and took a gel in the last mile or two. I paced out at 20.2 mph. Faster than I planned. My fastest bike average speed was 20.4 last year at the mid to end of the season.

T2 went better. I had set a goal to average 8:15 per mile (pre race), but know that the harder I bike the more I lose on the run. Changed my watch to run, and caught my first quarter mile at 6:30. Thought it must have been wrong and settled into a nice pace. I as able to keep the pace right around 8 minutes the whole way. My official run split was 24:59 which is an 8:02min/mile for the 5K. I had the distance at 3.2 on my GPS (7:49 pace). Either way the best sprint triathlon 5K. My splits on my watch were 7:26, 8:13, 7:50, and 7:18 for the last little bit.

No podium but I did manage to shave 14 minutes from my rookie season two years ago. Still baffled by the swim which has been my strong point in all my previous races. Next race in a month at the Olympic distance. If the water is nice I will forgo the wet suit, but it sure is cold that early in the morning.

2016-04-25 7:57 PM

User image

Veteran
Deep South, Georgia

The runny nose thing, yes I get that from time to time after a pool swim. It usually goes away within a few hours. I don't really notice it much anymore. I think it is fairly normal.

2016-04-26 1:11 PM

User image

Veteran
Cleburne, Texas
Subject: RE: White Lake Sprint Race Report

Originally posted by nrpoulin Second race of the year was yesterday.

Congrats on shaving off 14 minutes!

2016-04-26 8:25 PM

User image

Veteran
Deep South, Georgia
Subject: RE: Dominion's Sprint and Olympic Distance Tri Group - CLOSED

Originally posted by nrpoulin . All of the new folks bailed pm'd them a few weeks back to see how things were going. No responses

Yep, that is mostly to be expected. I had hoped that maybe 1 or 2 might stick around. Oh well...

2016-04-27 8:11 PM

User image

Originally posted by nrpoulin

Second race of the year was yesterday. Overall I was pretty happy but still struggle to put it all together. Stop here if you wanted the short version

• No podium but I did manage to shave 14 minutes from my rookie season two years ago. Still baffled by the swim which has been my strong point in all my previous races. Next race in a month at the Olympic distance. If the water is nice I will forgo the wet suit, but it sure is cold that early in the morning.

Well, the swim may not have been up to your expectations, but sounds like the bike and run certainly were! Congrats on taking a major chunk of time off your total. So now that you've had a little time to mull it over, do you have any thoughts on what might have gone wrong on your swim? Do you think it could have been simply because you didn't get a warm-up in? Or maybe something else?

I always like to get some swim time in before my races. I was really pissed at one race last year when they closed the swim area something like 40 minutes before the start of the race. FORTY minutes?! The "beach" where the swim was set up was probably no more than 30 feet across. All they had to set up were the mats and a small clock. Shouldn't have taken more than about 5 minutes for them to set up. Luckily, it was a sprint with only a 400 meter swim, but like you I did worse than my previous race at that same event but I was a better swimmer than the first time.
    2016-04-27 9:58 PM

User image

I went back and looked at last race with a wet suit and I was hitting 1:42 pace but for a shorter race. So I don't think it is the wet suit. Overall I think I have improved my swim but I am swimming a little less. I also got a new trisuit. Its not what I would have picked but my local group wanted kits and I felt like I had to support the group. I would guess the warmup was the biggest part. Will use my old suit and get a good warmup next month. If the water gets up to 74 or so I will swim without a wet suit.

New Thread
    BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Dominion's Sprint and Olympic Distance - OPEN !!! Rss Feed  

of 24

RELATED POSTS

Baowolf's Create your Own Saga Triathlon Group (OPEN!!!) Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9

Started by Baowolf
    Views: 22388 Posts: 223

2017-01-15 5:38 PM Baowolf

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
    Views: 65 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
    Views: 26 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:48 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's Summer Extravaganza Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
    Views: 13 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:01 AM Baowolf

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
    Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31
    RELATED ARTICLES
    date : September 22, 2009
    author : Ali Winslow
    comments : 0
    Is it realistic to race a sprint and Olympic distance race within 2-3 weeks of one another to gauge my progress before tackling the half Ironman?

date : December 4, 2008
    author : Amy Kuitse
    comments : 5
    I really want to do an Olympic distance but I feel it is a little too far right now. Which training plan should I follow? The sprint sounds too easy for what I'm doing but the Olympic seems too much?
    date : October 20, 2008
    author : araqnid
    After doing duathlons for the last couple of years, I decided to go for a triathlon. Starting with an Olympic-distance race perhaps wasn't wise, but it was fun (of a sort).

date : September 8, 2008
    author : pjwalzphd
    comments : 2
    When I told my husband that I planned to work toward completing a sprint triathlon, he smiled and was supportive, but a bit disbelieving.
    date : February 5, 2008
    author : Team BT
    Complete course preview of the North East triathlon on 8/17/2008 featuring a Sprint and a Olympic distance race. Mark your calendars!

date : July 2, 2006
    author : acbadger
    comments : 1
    Keep in mind that the taper period is as important to your body as all of the long hours you’ve put in the pool, on the bike and on the road. It is meant to help you rest, recover and rejuvenate.
    date : September 10, 2004
    History of the triathlon and distances.

date : September 5, 2004
    During this past year, I’ve found that there are secrets “out there” - hidden fitness secrets and tips.