General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Road I.D. Customer Service Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-01-06 6:53 PM

User image

Regular
Subject: Road I.D. Customer Service
This is to fulfill a commitment I made to a customer service rep. at Road I.D. For a little background I sent a photograph of my bracelet and an email describing how the elastic band holding the information plate had lost its elasticity and was very loose and floppy. I disclosed that the bracelet was a few years old but had not been used that often (though it should have been to be effective). I basically asked for a new band. Though nicely delivered the response was basically a suggestion to buy a replacement band. Not what I wanted to hear. I replied in a manner that was direct and that communicated my displeasure, frustration and disappointment. I got a response that they would replace my band at no charge. There were several more email exchanges and I was very pleased with how the situation was ultimately handled. It has been my experience that l if you stop at the initial response to a problem there will often be no resolution. Sometimes you have to push a little and stand up for your rights and what is right. Anyway, a big shout out to Stephanie for her professionalism and eagerness to help. My once faltering faith in Road I.D. has been restored. Thanks Stephanie.

2016-01-06 7:29 PM
in reply to: CBess

User image

Subject: RE: Road I.D. Customer Service
I'll admit I'm a road ID fan. I have one and buy them for friends and clients. Nothing but great experiences with their customer service. The clasp on mine has broken twice and they've replaced it without my asking. Last time I got a great note apologizing and the person who wrote it said "I just saw the guy who designed it and gave him a black eye for you". Little things like a note go a long way IMO. My only beef with them is I've never one a tour de Fran e pop quiz and they always get my hopes up I won the way they announce the grand prize.
2016-01-07 9:04 AM

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, NM
Originally posted by CBess
This is to fulfill a commitment I made to a customer service rep. at Road I.D. For a little background I sent a photograph of my bracelet and an email describing how the elastic band holding the information plate had lost its elasticity and was very loose and floppy. I disclosed that the bracelet was a few years old but had not been used that often (though it should have been to be effective). I basically asked for a new band. Though nicely delivered the response was basically a suggestion to buy a replacement band. Not what I wanted to hear. I replied in a manner that was direct and that communicated my displeasure, frustration and disappointment. I got a response that they would replace my band at no charge. There were several more email exchanges and I was very pleased with how the situation was ultimately handled. It has been my experience that l if you stop at the initial response to a problem there will often be no resolution. Sometimes you have to push a little and stand up for your rights and what is right. Anyway, a big shout out to Stephanie for her professionalism and eagerness to help. My once faltering faith in Road I.D. has been restored. Thanks Stephanie.

Kudos to RoadID for making you a happy customer - but, I have to question your expectations.
Personally, I wouldn't expect my strap to last more than a couple of years - sweat, time , and weather just aren't that nice to elastic.
2016-01-08 6:29 AM
in reply to: RockTractor

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Originally posted by RockTractor

Originally posted by CBess

Kudos to RoadID for making you a happy customer - but, I have to question your expectations.
Personally, I wouldn't expect my strap to last more than a couple of years - sweat, time , and weather just aren't that nice to elastic.

I agree, I think your expectation that Road ID replace your band was a bit much considering it is a few years old.
2016-01-08 6:52 AM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Agreed.  No way I would have replaced that for free.

2016-01-08 4:49 PM
in reply to: Dan-L

User image

Expert
Vancouver (not Canada) Washington (not D.C.)
Originally posted by Dan-L

Agreed.  No way I would have replaced that for free.

Not trying to heap on but I agree that I wouldn't have asked them to replace the band given that this sort of material does have an expected shelf life.

Amazing how us triathletes will spend thousands a year on nutrition products but sometimes something affordable and consumable like a band on goggles or cleat get us worked up.

2016-01-08 6:11 PM

User image

Master
Kailua, Hawaii
Sorry, but my time is worth more than struggling to get a $4 band replaced.

2016-01-08 7:10 PM

User image

Regular
Pueblo, Colorado
I purchased the SLIM ID and band a few years back. Lost the first one and got another (I paid). The slim bands cost something like $1.99 each. Don't mind paying for them again. I think the fact that they'll replace things at no cost is awesome (I've heard that they'll replace worn tags if you send the old one in.) I also like that they give a portion to a charity you select during checkout. Always thought the service has been great with them.
2016-01-09 12:19 PM

, Wisconsin
Bought a band from them last year . . . I messed up and supplied them with the wrong phone # . . . my own instead of my wife's. Called them and they quickly sent me a new, corrected tag for only a minimal shipping cost. I was very impressed with them and will purchase again when needed.
2016-01-10 3:40 PM
in reply to: #5159946

User image

I have a road I'd bracelet. .. Maybe 10 plus yrs old. Always wear it, bought one for my daughter in law... The metal part is a bit floppy, but still in tact. I wore in in a swim workout yesterday. If it broke, I would order a new one
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Road I.D. Customer Service Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

What's on your Road I.D.? Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5

Started by plumberchris
Views: 12952 Posts: 109

2011-05-09 2:36 PM vasqlartek

GREAT Customer Service at Road ID

Started by jcoop_00
Views: 1527 Posts: 5

2011-02-07 2:32 PM hamiltks10

Road I.D. Which one? Pages: 1 2

Started by lfoley4
Views: 2473 Posts: 26

2010-08-18 8:15 AM mxr746

Road-ID vs. X-Treme Sports ID

Started by Tri-FatBoy
Views: 4190 Posts: 15

2015-05-15 12:02 PM rframe

Performance Customer Service

Started by Stacers
Views: 835 Posts: 2

2005-05-26 9:01 PM Lara
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 26, 2013
author : mikericci
comments : 0
If you are a person who feels safer on the trails rather than the road, but you still want to race, this article will help you better train.

date : August 11, 2011
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
Dean from Fitwerx answers a BT member question about what kind of bike should be the "next bike."
date : March 24, 2011
What should I consider when adding aero bars? What are good brands? Are there pitfalls to be aware of? How can I adjust them to fit me?

date : April 20, 2009
comments : 0
I'm considering a road frame buildup, what considerations should I take into account when swapping all of my components from my current setup to a new frame?
date : December 27, 2008
comments : 9
Are you a beginner triathlete? This video will compare triathlon bikes and road bikes to help you figure out what is best for you as you begin your triathlon training.

date : December 5, 2007
author : Coach AJ
comments : 2
What makes a triathlon bike a triathlon bike? Learn about angles, seating, position, aerobars, and the importance of a proper bike fit.
date : September 3, 2006
author : morgoth7
My 1st triathlon, Xterra and the mess I made of myself. This wasn’t your regular triathlon, it was off-road.

date : July 30, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 4
How important is it to train on the actual road vs. treadmill and on a real bike vs. spinning classes?